PDA

View Full Version : Ian Bell

Hasassin_X
22-05-2015, 14:36
I want to start this off by saying Wow!! I have visited this forum both for Xbox One and PS4 since the game launched and read a lot of the complaints and comments. That being said the way you have engaged people is quite impressive. Back when GT6 launched I was excited thought all the things that were in GT5 I wanted would be there as the company stated, but sadly they weren't, not only that the game other then graphics and physic changes was the same damn game. People blasted Polyphony for what they put out and not one time did the head of that studio take to the forum to respond or update anyone. Instead he gave vague interviews on what was coming and people are still waiting for those changes.

You on the other hand seem to not only come here and read most of the post but respond to them in real fashion. I prefer the non corporate response be real I only wish other important people could do the same. Now you want to talk about Turn 10 that studio is enormous Greenwault stated when asked about the weather in the game he didn't want to just throw it in there it needed to be done a certain way then 6 months to a year later he launches Forza Horizon 2 with rain effects..lol to along with a half assed game rushed by MS for him to release. You on the other hand had your small studio take it's time delay after delay, community involvement from the start, listened to what fans wanted, took the jabs, and kept on moving. For that I commend you.

My point I guess in all of this is that I personally love the game. I first bought it for Xbox, but with that system it just didn't do it for me so I traded it in and purchased it for PS4 and so far can't put it down. There are some things I'd like to see like the pit crew in the game and some frame rate fixes, but other then that what ever else you have planned I'm sure will blow everything else out of the water. I'm not some kid who games I'm 33 with a family and love racing games. I was left upset when GT6 failed and Forza 5 though beautiful just didn't have enough content to keep me engaged. Now with Project Cars I finally have a sim to play on PS4 may even purchase a wheel. Don't let the little kids who spent moms money to buy the game and couldn't play any other racer but burnout get you down. You and your team have put out a great product and I've played games that were "Not a Finished Product" this is far from one of those games. If it were it wouldn't be getting the attention its getting.

Hopefully you read this post and maybe respond, or maybe it turns into a flame post like all the others. None the less positive feedback is always needed and the negative folks out there if you don't like the game etc. The return it get your money back and go play The Crew, Forza 5, Drive Club, GT6, Horizon 2, Need for Speed Rivals, something other then a game for grown ass men and serious racers. I assure you the games I just mentioned are bug free with no patches needed and controls are perfect graphics are on par with Project Cars. Yes I'm being sarcastic but lets see how long it takes you to come back after going to those forums and seeing all the negative things people said about those games. While you're there please feel free to copy and paste a comment or response from a developer here to see what they had to say about their games. I assure you it's going to take quite a while to find that comment or post if you even do.

Have a great day!

Pablo2008jedi
22-05-2015, 14:47
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/attachments/dodge-dart-general-discussion/33775d1400607452-2-4-beating-1-4-2-0-mpg-flamesuit2.jpg

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 14:49
Thank you Sir, much appreciated.

I should say that this is actually a team day off. The SMS guys have worked very hard and I gave them all a free two days extra holiday (actually it was AndyG's idea but I'm taking the credit).

I choose to spend my time here because I respect our customers. I also find that engaging those with, let's be charitable, less patient conversational skills often helps diffuse potentially problematic threads.

We are only here because of you guys and you give us the highest honour of enabling us to do what we love to do and get paid for it. So please don't ever think that we underestimate that.

Roger Prynne
22-05-2015, 14:54
Thank you Sir, much appreciated.

I should say that this is actually a team day off. The SMS guys have worked very hard and I gave them all a free two days extra holiday (actually it was AndyG's idea but I'm taking the credit).

I choose to spend my time here because I respect our customers. I also find that engaging those with, let's be charitable, less patient conversational skills often helps diffuse potentially problematic threads.

We are only here because of you guys and you give us the highest honour of enabling us to do what we love to do and get paid for it. So please don't ever think that we underestimate that.
Aint that the truth.... respect guys.

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 14:57
Enjoy your days off guys, you've definitely earned it. I'm gonna enjoy my holiday much more because of this game, so CHEERS! :onthego:

TrevorAustin
22-05-2015, 14:59
WHAT, you took a day off when I want my PC patch now!

There better be partying and drinking involved.

djhonda
22-05-2015, 15:01
Hi Ian Bell, since you're here with us today, could you please give us some insights on wheel situation for PS4?
Thrustmaster wheels are out of stock everywhere in the states and there is no alternative. Any information on potential G2X support for pCars on PS4?

Thanks,
P.

KID--A
22-05-2015, 15:07
As a dev myself, I never question the work of developers. Putting in the long hours and pouring over your creation normal in the industry. Unfortunately big ambitions mixed with deliverables make it tough to meet all your goals. I can clearly see that PC has some kinks to work out, but I know the devs will continue to work at it and make it great. Good work guys, and I look forward to bug fixes and new content!

KID--A
22-05-2015, 15:08
Hi Ian Bell, since you're here with us today, could you please give us some insights on wheel situation for PS4?
Thrustmaster wheels are out of stock everywhere in the states and there is no alternative. Any information on potential G2X support for pCars on PS4?

Thanks,
P.

Fanatec wheels are supported. So there is at least one alternative.

LordDRIFT
22-05-2015, 15:09
OP - I feel like you are comparing a lackluster game (GT) with one that is defective (for lack of a better term). Its not a fair comparison. You can lay praises all you like (largely praise is deserved) but you cant trivialize grievances that folks have with very real issues with this game. Additionally, putting other folks down to get your point across also discredits you sincerity. Just say how much you like the game, and the respect you have for SMS, and keep it moving instead of inserting assumptions about other forum members. Your 1st 2 graphs would have fine enough.

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 15:09

Thanks,
P.

I wish I could tell you more but I'm trussed up like a christmas turkey with NDA's. Sorry.

djhonda
22-05-2015, 15:10

That's great and all but I was hoping to spend around $400 not $1400

LordDRIFT
22-05-2015, 15:12

Thanks,
P.

Stock in the US is a sad state of affairs. I bought a T80 to use with this game and it sucks. I caved and bought a price gouged t300 off ebay. This really sucks since I already own a DFGT. Now I will have two useless paperweights.

djhonda
22-05-2015, 15:12
I wish I could tell you more but I'm trussed up like a christmas turkey with NDA's. Sorry.

I understand. Was expecting that but thought I would give it a go anyways ;) Thanks for your reply.

KID--A
22-05-2015, 15:15

I got a Fanatec for around $400 I think... the GT2. I haven't checked their website lately... is everything really that expensive there now?

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/pedals

CSR Elite Pedals $149
Porsche 911 GT3 Wheel $179 (not sure if compatible)
Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel $249

Even with the more expensive wheel that's $400 (not including taxes and whatnot)

LordDRIFT
22-05-2015, 15:17

If you are willing to go $100 more there are a couple T300 options on eBay accepting best offers around that price range.

djhonda
22-05-2015, 15:26
I got a Fanatec for around $400 I think... the GT2. I haven't checked their website lately... is everything really that expensive there now?

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/pedals

CSR Elite Pedals $149
Porsche 911 GT3 Wheel $179 (not sure if compatible)
Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel $249

Even with the more expensive wheel that's $400 (not including taxes and whatnot)

Sounds good but is it compatible with all other racing games on ps4 as well?

KID--A
22-05-2015, 15:30
Sounds good but is it compatible with all other racing games on ps4 as well?

That I am unsure of. I'd have to look into that.

I will say there are some bugs with the GT2 in Project Cars, but they are apparently working on patching it. It's a solid wheel overall. I have enjoyed it. I used it on a lot of Xbox360 games. I mainly bought it because it was compatible with PC, Xbox360 and PS3. I have had it for a few years now.

VBR
22-05-2015, 15:38

Nice to have confirmation that NDA's actually exist & are holding certain parties back from full disclosure, thanks. It's what I've presumed all along (this (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-logitech-wheels-not-supported-on-ps4.313485/page-57#post-10713478)).

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 15:42

Thanks,
P.
I am in Amazon.com RIGHT NOW and i see both T80 and T500 IN STOCK and eligible for PRIME 2-day shipping directly from Amazon (not 3rd party retailer)

LordDRIFT
22-05-2015, 15:48
I thought the T500 was not fully compatible. Those can be had all day long.

DnBasshead007
22-05-2015, 15:52
I am in Amazon.com RIGHT NOW and i see both T80 and T500 IN STOCK and eligible for PRIME 2-day shipping directly from Amazon (not 3rd party retailer)

I would assume he is looking for the T300 like myself. My better half finally caved in today and said I could get one without her going off the deep end and alas I have nowhere to purchase it for the retail price. I refuse to support price gougers. I would rather wait until they are back in stock and purchase them through legit channels.

On that note does anyone know a place that is selling T300s for retail price in the US?

LordDRIFT
22-05-2015, 15:55
T300s for retail price in the US?

If you have a fry's near you can check there. Their online store states out of stock, but some folks have been reporting getting them locally. Some lucky SOB caught a 1 day sale in cali for $199. Otherwise the answer is N.O.

DnBasshead007
22-05-2015, 15:59
If you have a fry's near you can check there. Their online store states out of stock, but some folks have been reporting getting them locally. Some lucky SOB caught a 1 day sale in cali for $199. Otherwise the answer is N.O.

I live right outside of DC so sadly thats a big NO. Georgia would be my closest store. :culpability:

Panic66
22-05-2015, 16:43
I ordered mine from Pagnian Americas along with my Next Level Racing wheel stand a while ago. They are in Montreal, PQ. Their price is $343.96 plus shipping ($39.20 to MN). All duties and fees are included with this price. It looks like they have them in stock or will have more on the 26th. Mine took about 5 days to receive it.

https://www.pagnianamericas.com/store/index.php/thrustmaster-t300-rs-steering-wheel-ps4-and-ps3.html

LordDRIFT
22-05-2015, 16:45
I live right outside of DC so sadly thats a big NO. Georgia would be my closest store. :culpability:

Wish I had your willpower man. I couldn't help but think I'm missing a ton of what the game has to offer by playing with a non FFB wheel. It drove me nuts until I finally caved. Now I just hopes it works. Should be on my porch soon..Patiently waiting...

LordDRIFT
22-05-2015, 16:47
I ordered mine from Pagnian Americas along with my Next Level Racing wheel stand a while ago. They are in Montreal, PQ. Their price is $343.96 plus shipping ($39.20 to MN). All duties and fees are included with this price. It looks like they have them in stock or will have more on the 26th. Mine took about 5 days to receive it.

https://www.pagnianamericas.com/store/index.php/thrustmaster-t300-rs-steering-wheel-ps4-and-ps3.html

Very nice find!

It look like they have 8 and plan to ship orders on the on the 26th. That's below msrp!

Panic66
22-05-2015, 16:51
These guys are great! Any questions contact Bob P.

Bob | PagnianAmericas <bp@pagnianamericas.com>

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 16:55
Very nice find!

It look like they have 8 and plan to ship orders on the on the 26th. That's below msrp!

Yeah but at that price, I'm too skeptical from the horror stories i've been reading in regards to Thrustmaster wheels craping out, either due to chipsets overheating, fans going out or getting really loud or pedal springs breaking/giving out.

I want to get a wheel and will continue to try to find a T100 which at $130-150, that is a reasonable risk for me.

LordDRIFT
22-05-2015, 16:57
LOL!! - Martini, you really did quote me. haha

Fight-Test
22-05-2015, 17:04
My t300 and new pro pedals are great. No issues and very powerful ffb using Jack Spades settings. Its made very well, took the F1 rim with no issues and even the stock pedals are ok after you add the RC shocks mod. I love my wheel so far. I read some horror stories too but there are way more that are playing than having problems. I was in a room last night and everyone had the t300 or 100 in the room. about 8 of us. No one had a complaint.

Roger Prynne
22-05-2015, 17:05
@darkcarinside... well that's going to get you a ban for a start.
Click the triangle on the left guys and report him.

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 17:10
My t300 and new pro pedals are great. No issues and very powerful ffb using Jack Spades settings. Its made very well, took the F1 rim with no issues and even the stock pedals are ok after you add the RC shocks mod. I love my wheel so far. I read some horror stories too but there are way more that are playing than having problems. I was in a room last night and everyone had the t300 or 100 in the room. about 8 of us. No one had a complaint.

Good to know

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 17:12
LOL!! - Martini, you really did quote me. haha

Told ya :)

shit had me laughing when I read it in regards to the article.

Franco Ferrari
22-05-2015, 17:12
Not being funny why would you start a thread about C@*TFACE IAN BELL? The bloke needs a good fucking punch in the face. Hes an arrogant little wanker. You must love brown nosing dude.

I know it's redundant, but I wanted to use this for a long time. So...

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 17:13
Not being funny why would you start a thread about C@*TFACE IAN BELL? The bloke needs a good fucking punch in the face. Hes an arrogant little wanker. You must love brown nosing dude.

Goodbye

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 17:16
Guess it didnt turn into a flame thread, but into a wheel discussion :D

Roger Prynne
22-05-2015, 17:16
Thanks Umer.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 17:19
Damn! :hopelessness:

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 17:27

Now, I'll take the accusations about my face and my personal pleasuring habits, but 'little'?? That's below the belt.

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 17:28
Goodbye

Not yet please. It's Friday amnesty.

Roger Prynne
22-05-2015, 17:28
Ah so you have a little under the belt?

Aldo Zampatti
22-05-2015, 17:29
Not yet please. It's Friday amnesty.

Prema-ban instead of Perma-...

shhhoot... Coffee wasn't enough this morning ;)

EDIT: BAN Lifted.. Amnesty conceded.

LordDRIFT
22-05-2015, 17:33
Ian - You don't look so tough. Ill take you down with my mongoose like reflexes. :onthego:

Franco Ferrari
22-05-2015, 17:33
Prema-ban instead of Perma-...

shhhoot... Coffee wasn't enough this morning ;)

Is it possible to un-ban someone?

As a software developer myself, I do know that in IT everything is possible... the point, in fact, is never if you "can" do something but rather if it's worth the hassle.

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 17:36
Ian - You don't look so tough. Ill take you down with my mongoose like reflexes. :onthego:

Ahh, the old speed over size argument. Appeasing skinny guys since 1850.

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 17:38
Not yet please. It's Friday amnesty.The little wanker is in a generous mood.....quick start naming cars you want in the game!

<CAR_REQUEST_THREAD>

Roger Prynne
22-05-2015, 17:40
You typing on the phone again Umer?

LordDRIFT
22-05-2015, 17:41
woohoo.. i-robot audi!!!

Alan Dallas
22-05-2015, 17:42
The little wanker is in a generous mood.....quick start naming cars you want in the game!

<CAR_REQUEST_THREAD>

Oh dear god, please don't. :p

Aldo Zampatti
22-05-2015, 17:43
Oh dear god, please don't. :p

Why not? Remco hasn't showed up yet!

Alan Dallas
22-05-2015, 17:47
Why not? Remco hasn't showed up yet!
Well in that case... request away. :D

On another note, I did find that guys empty threats rather comical. I thought "Really? You're going to taunt a Wookie?"

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 17:48
Well in that case... request away. :D

On another note, I did find that guys empty threats rather comical. I thought "Really? You're going to taunt a Wookie?"

I'm rolling with an IQ of 67 here.

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 17:50
Now, I'll take the accusations about my face and my personal pleasuring habits, but 'little'?? That's below the belt.

That's a big bald wookie :glee:

Mascot
22-05-2015, 20:10
That's a big bald wookie :glee:

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 20:12

Appropriate rare pic of the month!

Franco Ferrari
22-05-2015, 20:18

I think you pulled a Banksy

Mark Quigley
22-05-2015, 20:19
Just found this on The Chive, been pampering yourself?

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 20:27
Just found this on The Chive, been pampering yourself?

Is this a pic from the new L'ORÉAL TV spot shooting Ian?

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 20:29
Is this a pic from the new L'ORÉAL TV spot shooting Ian?

What can I say, you get a hit and you're a Kardashian all of sudden.

Mark Quigley
22-05-2015, 20:31
Maybe it's maybelline?

LADY GEMMA JANE
22-05-2015, 20:34
Haha you guys are crazy :glee:

Sankyo
22-05-2015, 20:37
Haha you guys are crazy :glee:

Slightly mad you mean. :)

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 20:37
Maybe it's maybelline?

Maybelline is a subsidiary company of L'ORÉAL. ;)
(Don't ask why I know that.)

Aldo Zampatti
22-05-2015, 20:39

Yeah buddy... why u know that?

(you'd better come up with something like : "the lady was hot" in the end of your story!) :P

Mark Quigley
22-05-2015, 20:41

I would imagine you know this because of your weekend hobby but I'm not sure you want me talking about this on a public forum :p

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 20:42
Yeah buddy... why u know that?

(you'd better come up with something like : "the lady was hot" in the end of your story!) :P

I'm forced to listen to that Top Model show my wife watches while I'm racing. :hopelessness:

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 20:45
Top Model is so much better than Real Housewives. Better looking girls at least.

Mark Quigley
22-05-2015, 20:56
I'm forced to listen to that Top Model show my wife watches while I'm racing. :hopelessness:

Forced?
lol!
:p

jpl8910
22-05-2015, 21:09
Please we need an urgent patch Ps4 is impossible in three years might not notice that AI not affected by the rain that's unheard please confirm anything, I could not play because this affects the development of the game, I pay for something and I have the right to have at least this fulfills its purpose

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 21:10
Please we need an urgent patch Ps4 is impossible in three years might not notice that AI not affected by the rain that's unheard please confirm anything, I could not play because this affects the development of the game, I pay for something and I have the right to have at least this fulfills its purpose

I agree with you.

I advised the team some days ago to work on balancing the wet weather AI performance.

Alan Dallas
22-05-2015, 21:11

:eek-new: Do we need to start a gofundme to get you a set of headphones? :D

Robhd
22-05-2015, 21:19
Well said Mr Bell... I think a big part of the problem here is that sadly a lot of people just don't get it! This is a product you need to put tme and application into to get the best out of it.... Too many people today want a quick fix of any and everything and don't want to spend time and applied thought to get the best out of things... Really, a sad reflection on the times generally i feel...

Robhd
22-05-2015, 21:21
Sue her!

JessicaWalter
22-05-2015, 21:51
... Really, a sad reflection on the times generally i feel...

i think and say that frequently. im 34 but i feel like i have 65 year old thoughts. what they want nowadays is polar opposite of the reasons i fell in love with games

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 21:59
What can I say, you get a hit and you're a Kardashian all of sudden.

Dude, Deejay from the Destiny forum could have been more interactive like you, but nope, you gotta see the flame wars going on over there pheeeeew. All people wanted was to have Bugies' "face in the community" be more interactive with the regular folks in forums.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 22:05
Well said Mr Bell... I think a big part of the problem here is that sadly a lot of people just don't get it! This is a product you need to put tme and application into to get the best out of it.... Too many people today want a quick fix of any and everything and don't want to spend time and applied thought to get the best out of things... Really, a sad reflection on the times generally i feel...

Indeed, yet all those people buy their annual broken games (;
The majority doesnt understand the potential of this game, combined with the forum and the close interaction between gamers and developers. Instead they moan and want - as you already said - instant fixes of everything.
Its sad, really.

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 22:10
i think and say that frequently. im 34 but i feel like i have 65 year old thoughts. what they want nowadays is polar opposite of the reasons i fell in love with games

People have gotten nip picky, I was in this same boat along with ALOT of people in Destiny, but in fairness Destiny (bungie/activision) sold a game based on lies, If you want to REALLY see a massively incomplete game it's that one, story is incomplete (not there), Reward system is really broken, I mean it's a truely unfinished game, maybe some of Ian's people might know what I'm talking about from his staff, there is a diff between a game that needs some minor glitch fixes and something totally broken and sold/rushed like Destiny was, again visit the forums and you'll see.
As for me, I will not buy ANY DLC for that game, nor will my buddies.

mister dog
22-05-2015, 22:13
:eek-new: Do we need to start a gofundme to get your wife a set of headphones? :D
Corrected that for you.

andyparks
22-05-2015, 22:13
Some body for got to put end on the the end of his name for releasing a unfinished game and all your lot have got brown tonges.. Look at the thrustmaster competition you need the limited pack to enter it only available to buy in the states what a crock of poo

Linx
22-05-2015, 22:15
To the OP of this thread, thank you for starting this and Mr Bell, thank you so much for responding in this thread. I was totally unaware that you are reading these posts until now. Probably because the main thread I've been watching is the Fanatec one and posted a few issues myself. I was getting frustrated as I didn't think anyone from SMS was watching and especially for no official announcement being released. But I feel much better and my patience level has refueled. You see, I purchased a PS4 just for this game. I'm 43 and from the generation of the very early stages of videogaming/consoles. Though I've played a lot of different games I now find the only ones I like to play is racing games being #1 and shooters such as Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. Thanks for the great work on Pcars and really looking forward to the patch. Question, will the car selection ever be as big as games such as Forza or Gran Turismo? Not a deal breaker for me but just wondering.

andyparks
22-05-2015, 22:19
We have to wait for a finished game that's supposed to be finished work that one out

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 22:20
To the OP of this thread, thank you for starting this and Mr Bell, thank you so much for responding in this thread. I was totally unaware that you are reading these posts until now. Probably because the main thread I've been watching is the Fanatec one and posted a few issues myself. I was getting frustrated as I didn't think anyone from SMS was watching and especially for no official announcement being released. But I feel much better and my patience level has refueled. You see, I purchased a PS4 just for this game. I'm 43 and from the generation of the very early stages of videogaming/consoles. Though I've played a lot of different games I now find the only ones I like to play is racing games being #1 and shooters such as Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. Thanks for the great work on Pcars and really looking forward to the patch. Question, will the car selection ever be as big as games such as Forza or Gran Turismo? Not a deal breaker for me but just wondering.

Thanks Linx.

We're going with a different philosophy. All of our research shows that most users settle on around 10-20 cars that they enjoy then get slowly bored with the lack of tracks.
We therefore aimed at creating a sensible amount of interesting cars and a massive track roster.

I suspect we'll build to over 150 cars over time but more and varied tracks should be the main focus IMO.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 22:21
Some body for got to put end on the the end of his name for releasing a unfinished game and all your lot have got brown tonges.. Look at the thrustmaster competition you need the limited pack to enter it only available to buy in the states what a crock of poo

Thats your argument?

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 22:23
Thanks Linx.

We're going with a different philosophy. All of our research shows that most users settle on around 10-20 cars that they enjoy then get slowly bored with the lack of tracks.
We therefore aimed at creating a sensible amount of interesting cars and a massive track roster.

I suspect we'll build to over 150 cars over time but more and varied tracks should be the main focus IMO.

:eek: :love_heart:

lethaLEEkill
22-05-2015, 22:33

as a gt2 owner i would not list it as "supported",but rather "support pending" as it is not a good experience (rather frustrating) in its current state. i think it is misleading to sell them as supported.

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 22:33
Thanks Linx.

Mazda Rx7 and Nissan GTRs ;)

onimoD
22-05-2015, 22:36
Thanks Linx.

Totally agree, you can never have too many tracks imo. A big track roster will give the game longevity. Also, for me, an added level of engagement is added when you have two or three cars capable of challenging for the fastest lap time.

mister dog
22-05-2015, 22:44
Totally agree, you can never have too many tracks imo. A big track roster will give the game longevity. Also, for me, an added level of engagement is added when you have two or three cars capable of challenging for the fastest lap time.

Changing conditions adds so much value to that, it makes it feel like the track roster is actually doubled that way, as the scenery looks different each time.

Slicker_VR
22-05-2015, 22:52
I thought the T500 was not fully compatible. Those can be had all day long.

only thing that doesn't work on t500 is ps4 menus and share button, wheel works brilliantly in game

Beardybrave
22-05-2015, 22:54
Thanks Linx.

Knockhill. Make it happen. I'm sure Derek Butcher would welcome it with open arms... :)

ChrisK
22-05-2015, 23:29
Thanks Linx.

This is a great strategy and is what appeals most to me about PCars. Although I think a few more cars of differing variety would be nice. Ferrari and Nissan in particular but a v8 supercar from oz would be epic.

The varied tracks are welcome and we've probably all found some little pearls we never knew about from around the world. Would love to see the old Adelaide GP circuit or some of the regional australian tracks like Lakeside for example which are great racing circuits.

Any hints on when your first patch and updates are coming and what will be included in the update ?

x1avation
23-05-2015, 03:08
I have a question for Mr bell going into the release of this game were yall aware of the issues with the fanatec wheels . Are did you guys have some knowledge of the issues and had your back against the wall with all the delays. Just if you could give me your personal take on it I would be very grateful. Thanks for ur time and I believe this game has major potential.

Ryzza5
23-05-2015, 11:38
If you want one of us can copy a collation of Fanatec wheel issues into the WMD forums. Remco (forum mod) is also a great person to discuss all things Fanatec with.

mister dog
23-05-2015, 12:57
On topic, i'm frankly quite impressed by the willingness of SMS to engage with us on this forum. Aside from the negative reactions about bugs which were to be expected, there is also the shitstorm coming from people just wanting to provoke and blame, with Ian having to endure most of it.

Takes a man to stand your ground and respond to criticism, and most devs just hide when that happens. So it delights me that SMS doesn't take the 'corporate way' by doing that or having some hired goons deal with the heat.

Respect https://confluence.atlassian.com/s/en_GB/5790/c0d7e4b471d38961c3c7bcb02ff39a610accca23.27/_/images/icons/emoticons/thumbs_up.png

And I hope you devs don't feel uncomfortable now after this initial phase; don't take the insults and extreme reactions personally as you have made a great game already, which i'm sure will only get better with time and some TLC.

Roger Prynne
23-05-2015, 13:08
You should have been a WMD member for 4 years.... very professional for the most part but in a more relaxed manner.... most enjoyable.

wilf
23-05-2015, 13:19
Are you a doorman in your spare time?

On topic, i'm frankly quite impressed by the willingness of SMS to engage with us on this forum. Aside from the negative reactions about bugs which were to be expected, there is also the shitstorm coming from people just wanting to provoke and blame, with Ian having to endure most of it.

He should change his avatar from Chewbacca to a pic of himself, pin it to the front page of the forums with the message "Alright! Anyone got a complaint to make?".

I'm also very impressed with, and grateful for, his engagament with the community and particularly pleased to hear of the intention to address the main problems and deliver more tracks. It is certainly keeping me optimistic that the game will continue to improve from a very strong base.

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 14:39

Takes a man to stand your ground and respond to criticism, and most devs just hide when that happens. So it delights me that SMS doesn't take the 'corporate way' by doing that or having some hired goons deal with the heat.

Respect https://confluence.atlassian.com/s/en_GB/5790/c0d7e4b471d38961c3c7bcb02ff39a610accca23.27/_/images/icons/emoticons/thumbs_up.png

And I hope you devs don't feel uncomfortable now after this initial phase; don't take the insults and extreme reactions personally as you have made a great game already, which i'm sure will only get better with time and some TLC.

well said!

x1avation
23-05-2015, 15:06
I have a question for Mr bell going into the release of this game were yall aware of the issues with the fanatec wheels . Are did you guys have some knowledge of the issues and had your back against the wall with all the delays. Just if you could give me your personal take on it I would be very grateful. Thanks for ur time and I believe this game has major potential, to hit marks not even seen before.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 15:09
I have a question for Mr bell going into the release of this game were yall aware of the issues with the fanatec wheels . Are did you guys have some knowledge of the issues and had your back against the wall with all the delays. Just if you could give me your personal take on it I would be very grateful. Thanks for ur time and I believe this game has major potential.

You've asked this twice now.

No, we didn't knowingly ship anything with any known issues and if I hear that 'backs against the wall' thing again I might start eating my own eyeballs :)

daddyboosive
23-05-2015, 15:11
You've asked this twice now.

No, we didn't knowingly ship anything with any known issues and if I hear that 'backs against the wall' thing again I might start eating my own eyeballs :)

So the Fanatec wheels were not tested, at all before release? Is that what you're saying?

x1avation
23-05-2015, 15:15
Sorry I did not mean to double post I thought it sent last night witch it did. OK thanks for your response, and please don't start eating ur eye balls they may not taste to good.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 15:16
So the Fanatec wheels were not tested, at all before release? Is that what you're saying?

Yes, we just threw it out there and hoped it would work.

Roger Prynne
23-05-2015, 15:21
Just like the rest of the game... :friendly_wink:

Aldo Zampatti
23-05-2015, 15:28

Wasn't an official Endurance (very well known) driver Using Fanatec Hardware approached to SMS and It has been vastly and publicly enjoying Fanatec hardware with PCARS since a long time?

:cool:

daddyboosive
23-05-2015, 15:30

If that is not a sarcastic reply. There should of been a small disclaimer stating that our wheels may not be supported fully except from the CSR or something along those lines. It would of been less of a disappointment to us keeping us in the know. Like you have done very well since the game was first announced.

We do however, have a work around for the moment. Using the CSR firmware instead of the intended firmware. But it isn't perfect. Like the buttons aren't mapped properly and the R1 doesn't work etc. In-game you can see how this game really plays though. Which is awesome btw. Been waiting the whole of the PS4's lifespan for a decent racing game. Since coming from Forza on the 360. This is it I reckon but without a fully functional wheels(except Thrustmaster) its only half the battle won imo.

Is there any info on what's being done to help resolve these issues with Fanatec wheels? Is it a pretty simple fix or is it going to take a while to figure out why this is happening?

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 15:34
If that is not a sarcastic reply. There should of been a small disclaimer stating that our wheels may not be supported fully except from the CSR or something along those lines. It would of been less of a disappointment to us keeping us in the know. Like you have done very well since the game was first announced.

We do however, have a work around for the moment. Using the CSR firmware instead of the intended firmware. But it isn't perfect. Like the buttons aren't mapped properly and the R1 doesn't work etc. In-game you can see how this game really plays though. Which is awesome btw. Been waiting the whole of the PS4's lifespan for a decent racing game. Since coming from Forza on the 360. This is it I reckon but without a fully functional wheels(except Thrustmaster) its only half the battle won imo.

Is there any info on what's being done to help resolve these issues with Fanatec wheels? Is it a pretty simple fix or is it going to take a while to figure out why this is happening?

It was yes because it was a very silly question. There are certain third party facts we can't disclose because we are under NDA. I can say there are workarounds for problems and things will get better although it's not in our hands.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 15:34
It was yes because it was a very silly question. There are certain third party facts we can't disclose because we are under NDA. I can say there are workarounds for problems and things will get better although it's not in our hands.

Sorry, I see you know of the workaround.

I can't say much more than we are not in control of 3rd party firmware.

Roger Prynne
23-05-2015, 15:39
Where's Remco when we need him.

daddyboosive
23-05-2015, 15:41

I should of known haha. Toppers bantz :P

Jokes aside....

So is it now Fanatec's job to release a new firmware for our wheels and not your job to release a patch?

I don't know the technical ins and out on how it can be fixed etc. So I'd just like a bit of clarification along with all the other frustrated Fanatec users.

Thank you for your replies too. It must be doing your head in seeing everyone bashing your pride and joy.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 15:45
I should of known haha. Toppers bantz :P

Jokes aside....

So is it now Fanatec's job to release a new firmware for our wheels and not your job to release a patch?

I don't know the technical ins and out on how it can be fixed etc. So I'd just like a bit of clarification along with all the other frustrated Fanatec users.

Thank you for your replies too. It must be doing your head in seeing everyone bashing your pride and joy.

Again sorry mate, I can't talk about third parties we have an NDA with. I can say things will get better without our influence.

daddyboosive
23-05-2015, 15:52
Again sorry mate, I can't talk about third parties we have an NDA with. I can say things will get better without our influence.

Ahh thats fair enough then. You've pretty much answered my question anyway. I reckon the Fanatec forum will be on fire right about now haha. I'll just have to deal with the frustrating out-of-game buttons for now.

Thanks again for the replies. Keep up the good work mate ;)

Srt8 300c
23-05-2015, 15:52
Happy Holidays everyone! Enjoy your weekend...... #Project cars bonanza

Linx
23-05-2015, 16:56
Mr Bell I have a question regarding the FFB issues. Once everything is fixed, will we still have to make adjustments to the FFB settings or will it be plug n play?

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 16:58
Mr Bell I have a question regarding the FFB issues. Once everything is fixed, will we still have to make adjustments to the FFB settings or will it be plug n play?

FFB is a very subjective thing. We'll leave the sliders in there for that purpose.

Bealdor
23-05-2015, 16:58

FFB will never be plug&play for everyone because it's a highly subjective setting.

Old skool hemi
24-05-2015, 00:39
Happy Holidays everyone! Enjoy your weekend...... #Project cars bonanza
haha wtf bro it isnt xmas

trade_fanatic
24-05-2015, 07:07
there's one simulator (not the entire series) that still remains as the top of the lot when it comes to my racing virtually and I blame its nostalgic hold on my mind body and soul.. with that said, I declare a draw!!! Project Cars suddenly have pushed onto my personal podium and for this I will engage it as I have the one before.. a simple thank you doesn't do justice, but I say thank you - cheers to the entire team, cheers to the thought and evolution -

Pink_650S
24-05-2015, 07:27
there's one simulator (not the entire series) that still remains as the top of the lot...

Let me have a wild guess... Gran Turismo 3? :)

djdest
24-05-2015, 12:18
Just found this thread, and would love to give my input and view on the game!
I am 43, and have been playing computer games since the late 70's on the Atari 2600, through to the golden 8 bit era of Spectrums, Dragons, Commodores, Amstrads and so on. Then onto 16 Bit Amiga and Atari ST. I then dabbled with the Megadrive, but had a bit of a break until the Playstation came along.
Through all of those years I have been a huge fan of racing games, right from Race! on the BBC B, arcade classics such as Pole Position, Outrun, Chase HQ, Hard Drivin' etc etc...
I followed Grand Tourismo from the very first day it was released on the Playstation and was blown away! This continued with TOCA, GT2 and of course GT3.
That was the pinnacle for me. Ever since then myself and my brother have been hunting for THE racing game, and to be honest have been disappointed.
When I got my PS4 I was desperate for a good driving game! As each one was released I read countless reviews and watched tons of youtube clips, but none were what I wanted.
I downloaded the beta of The Crew and was instantly put off, and then Driveclub was pinned with my last hopes, and that let me down too.
So onto the very last chance, Project Cars. I patiently waited for it to finally get released, and can honestly say I bought it initially as a last ditch attempt of finding the game I was yearning for, if this one failed then I'd give up and stick to messing around on GTA!
I loaded it up, stuck it on pro setting feeling rather cocky that I was more than competent with racing games having played them for so many years (lol)
First race I was straight into the barriers, couldn't drive to save my life and wondered what the hell I had just wasted my money on!
I did a few more laps and turned it off, disappointed.
That evening I noticed all my mates were not playing the usual GTA, but were all on Project Cars. So I joined their chat party and quickly learnt they had all experienced similar to me.
So I loaded it up give it another go, after turning on ABS and stability control.
Two or three races in with them and I was grinning like a cheshire cat! I had finally found THE game!
I was that impressed I spent £400 the next day on a T300RS and Wheelstand Pro V2 which totally changed the game again.
I am very very impressed and really looking forward to future updates and additions :D

Roger Prynne
24-05-2015, 12:35
Glad you are enjoying it mate.

Umer Ahmad
24-05-2015, 12:54
@djdest dont be a stranger to this forum, tons of helpful guys, discussions directly with the programmers and links to helpful documentation. Have a browse and let us know if you need help

PureMalt77
24-05-2015, 13:34
I also feel I would like to share my thoughts after around 2 weeks of pCars out...

I'm 37. The first racing game I remember was Microprose Grandprix on PC, the first I managed to drive with manual gears (on a keyboard LOL). Since them I drove countless games, on PC and later on Sony Consoles (switched to consoles, as PCs needs upgrades too often. A graphic card you buy today and think is perfect can be obsolete fasten than your smartphone). On consoles, at least you have a kind of safe-harbor lifespam.

pCars is BY FAR the best racing game I've ever played. But it's also for FANS! You can have a lot of fun with it, but to master it, you need proper gear, you need some driving skills and you will need some "mechanical" skills. At the same time development decided to give users full-freedom about customization, at the same time there is a lot of people that have no clue about such setups, so at least the default setups could have been a bit better tunes to avoid so much frustration with less experienced players.

There are bugs, YES, many of them. But I'm happy to read here that Mr. Bell and many developers are ACTIVELY participating on this, and listening to what we, the players, report. I'm a software developer myself, so I know how much it at stake here, so please stop asking if a patch will come tomorrow. Many issues will be solved. Be patience young padawan!

Oh, I owned a G27 (just sold yesterday!). Was a pointless discussion really. Not trying to defend or point finger at anybody, but after I got the T300, is a so much better wheel. You can't even upgrade the G27 firmware, probably the biggest reason why is not compatible... Yes, the G27 had lether instead of the cheap rubber, but so what??? Logitech is not up to Fanatic or TM in my opinion... Can't wait till my shifter and 3-pedals come, so I can try to drive that Catherham or the Lotus 98T as it should be driven! I went from PC, to PS, PS2, PS3 and now PS4... My G27 was 4 year old, so just like my consoles, it needs upgrades too...

and FINALLY:

Guys, at the end of the day, this is just a game! and a DAMN GOOD ONE! But there is also a real life out there!

When you feel frustrated because your practice settings did not carried out to qualifying, you got a penalty playing online because someone else bumped on you, and so on, and so forth, just try again!
And when this frustration turns into anger, is probably time for you to turn off the console and do something else! I open a beer, play some tunes in my guitar. This morning my console took a rest while I was driving my real motorcycle on real streets (and now writing this post while watching the boring Monaco GP !!!).

My personal big congratulations to the entire Team for this amazing accomplishment, keep up the good work, and I know lots of interesting feature are coming!

djdest
24-05-2015, 14:44
@djdest dont be a stranger to this forum, tons of helpful guys, discussions directly with the programmers and links to helpful documentation. Have a browse and let us know if you need help

Thanks,
I have been lurking a fair bit but wanted give my own feedback, especially as its going straight back to the team.
I am planning on staying around and getting involved more on here

redboers
25-05-2015, 11:46
Hi

Personally i think it is a good game with some problems, i rammed one of the AI cars at Barcelona which took me out & amazingly I went straight through it into the wall, my mistake. The game has problems which need fixing even the Devs team know it, People are frustrated because they had such high expectations of this game.

Its not as bad a situation as Sega's Aliens: Colonial Marines :apologetic:

djdest
25-05-2015, 12:15
On the same note, if people stopped over hype things and build expectations so much they might not be as disappointed and whine like spoilt brats