PDA

View Full Version : Course layout on quick menu

Jezza819
22-05-2015, 15:45
I don't think you could do it on the course menu that scrolls across the top of the screen but I would like to see some sort of a course layout on the quick menu when you're selecting a course. A lot of these courses I don't know by name but I know them more by the layout. The three different versions of Sonoma for example.

nikusa
23-05-2015, 09:43
would like to see some sort of a course layout on the quick menu when you're selecting a course. A lot of these courses I don't know by name but I know them more by the layout. The three different versions of Sonoma for example.

Yes! I was just about to post about this.

There is plenty of room for displaying the course layout in Quick Location Selection. I also memorize "good tracks" by their layout, not by their name.

Having the track layouts in Quick Location Selection would also render the "Full Location List" more or less useless (at least I'd have no reason to go there ever anymore), but simpler the better, I think.

Speaking of which, the Full Location List is also a bit annoying. It always keeps the "cursor" at the currently selected track. If I have chosen the first Monza track (the first in the list), it takes me TEN clicks to reach Sonoma so that I can access the Sonoma layouts.

If I go back, the cursor is back at Monza again, so if I want to check the layouts of Watkins Glen, I have to click ELEVEN times to go there :-(

It's the same in car selection, crazy amount of clicking if you want to just view the cars, because when you go back it throws you back to the one you have currently chosen.

I can't even actually *choose* the car from the "View Info" screen if I decide that I like it!

I have to go back to the car list, click all the way back to it (since the "cursor" is at my current car), and then select it.

These kind of UI issues should be easy to fix. Sure, having the game itself work great is more important, but you do actually end up spending quite a bit of time in the menus, especially in the beginning when you want to check different tracks, different cars and so on...these kind of things can start to annoy pretty quickly.

Otherwise, I am liking what I see so far (on PS4), based on few hours of mostly free practice. I am sure it will get only better with future patches.