PDA

View Full Version : ai Race starting issues

Dazza
22-05-2015, 17:07
I normally race on 80% ai maybe this is different at other settings. but at 80% the ai are too slow off the start if i start in pole i can normally get a good 1.5 secs lead on them, if i start from the back i can overtake a fair few cars.

i feel you can actually pull off from the starting line ever so slightly just before the lights go green, and you do not get a penalty. and secondly the starting time doesn't change, its always the same. So now by memory i always know when to start. i always get the amazing start.

so because of these 2 issues i always pull off just before the lights go green and get a unrealistic lead. some people will say just wait in till the lights go green. put that takes away the fun of starting and trying to get that good reaction time.

1st it really should give a penalty if i pull off just before the lights go green. and the starting lights should be on a random timer so each start is different.

Dazza
23-05-2015, 03:15
made a couple of videos this morning so the devs can see the issues. obviously this only happens with manual gears. and the reason no penalty is given because i have not left the grid box, but the momentum you get is just too much.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Dazza83/video/2457275

on this video i start 1st with 100% ai, you can see i change to 1st and start moving just before the lights go green and end up with a huge gap to 2nd. avg around 1 to 1.5 secs

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Dazza83/video/2457274

on the video i start at the back 100% ai, start before green and you can see the places i gain.

pretty much i can do this 95% of the time and in online with players using auto gears this bug can give me a big advantage. either you need to get given a penalty for any movement at the start or have random starting lights.

Dazza
25-05-2015, 09:11
so no one has a issue with the above posts? auto players don't mind losing out on the start to manual players in on-line play and in single player manual players dont care they can get a massive gap or pass heaps of cars at the beginning of a race?

pioneer1985
25-05-2015, 16:51
so no one has a issue with the above posts? auto players don't mind losing out on the start to manual players in on-line play and in single player manual players dont care they can get a massive gap or pass heaps of cars at the beginning of a race?

I use automatic and find that I can make up 8 to 12 positions from back of the grid often. this is against 80% AI. I have mentioned this before but not sure if they are aware of it or looking into it. I am on ps4 by the way.