PDA

View Full Version : need a kick/ban button in multiplayer

chart_e
22-05-2015, 18:36
As you probably seen it, this game is littered with stupid drivers that ram everyone or just don't start their races, leaving the tracks with corpse that ruin the race for everyone else.
I know that their is a vote to kick option but no one uses it and its not effective.
It would really help to get rid of those *********** by allowing the host of a game to kick people out directly.
We are a small group that like to race with others so we don't create private rooms but are unable to get rid of these ***** .

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 18:39
Why not just create a private room then?

What's wrong with vote/kick? No one uses it?

chart_e
22-05-2015, 18:54

we are 5 regular players and AS I SAID, like to race with others
When trying to vote to kick no one cares or aren't enough.
By kicking assholes out, or better banning, they can have a lesson on their behaviors and can save time and long pointless arguments

RDogg
22-05-2015, 20:42
Yeah, kicking people never works because it needs a majority vote. You can ask people all you want, it never works.

Why the admin doesn't have control is beyond me. Majority of games I play it's admins decision and thats it. On a racing game I don't expect to have to wait 5-10 minutes for someone to be kicked out.

TurboNoob
22-05-2015, 23:47
Votekick - utopia/
1. Developers need the brain.
2. We need a system of ratings.
/

MatthiasB
23-05-2015, 08:04
Why you don't use a DS and kick them over the API?

babazulu
23-05-2015, 09:53
As you probably seen it, this game is littered with stupid drivers that ram everyone or just don't start their races, leaving the tracks with corpse that ruin the race for everyone else.
I know that their is a vote to kick option but no one uses it and its not effective.
It would really help to get rid of those *********** by allowing the host of a game to kick people out directly.
We are a small group that like to race with others so we don't create private rooms but are unable to get rid of these ***** .

+1

Implemented votekick is absurd.
Admin needs to have full control over his server/host.
Even in-game kick/ban from console is needed.

Not sure what devs were thinking...

awaite85
23-05-2015, 16:46
Totally agree. Admin should be able to kick whoever, just like in GT5 & 6. Vote kick does not work.

Tailspin45
24-05-2015, 23:34
Add me to the list of those in favor of easy admin ban--a bindable key should bring up list of racers, double click to select and kick, right click to ban.

Now multiplayer racing in anarchy, and could kill pCARS as a successful racing sim if the problem isn't fixed.

There also needs to be an easy way to say, "Sorry, my bad, didn't mean it." OWTTE.

Eric Rowland
24-05-2015, 23:59
Add me to the list of those in favor of easy admin ban--a bindable key should bring up list of racers, double click to select and kick, right click to ban.

Now multiplayer racing in anarchy, and could kill pCARS as a successful racing sim if the problem isn't fixed.

There also needs to be an easy way to say, "Sorry, my bad, didn't mean it." OWTTE.

^^^ What he said. Please. ^^^

DERKA DERKA1337
25-05-2015, 00:06

I like this idea a lot. Add a button map-able control for some sort of radio announcement to cars in near proximity that says "my Bad, dawg"

or something along those lines. haha.

GhosTVipeR
25-05-2015, 05:58
+1 :encouragement:

NutsMammoth
25-05-2015, 10:27
Tired. Game Over.

DragonSyr
25-05-2015, 11:43

vote is for the players . Host should kick or ban without ask anyone

edit:
..... I agree that an admin should be able to kick a player, this is his server in any event.
But this adds a new problem: bad admins.
Once again, this is his server so the admin does what he wants.
Maybe we should have a rating system for admins too (one for players and another for admins).

i use your words this is his server so the admin does what he wants

for the admin rating ........ same thing...... his server ... so not rejoining its so simple....

LotusTeam
25-05-2015, 19:10
I have 2 simple suggestion to SMS and is hoping they will listen...

(1) Vote to kick just doesn't work, host of public rooms MUST be given a kick button.
(2) Instead of creating only 2 kinds of multiplayers rooms (Public & Private), a "Friends Only" room should be introduced so that the host would be convenient to create a room and friends can come and go freely without sending invitations!

MatthiasB
25-05-2015, 20:08
May be I'm wrong, but it is implemented already in the DS.
A gui would be nice. And a DS which can host a session for its own.

madmax2069
25-05-2015, 20:23
+1

The vote to kick system hardly ever works, and if enough trolls enter a room (a single troll can freely invite his troll friends) they all can vote kick the host (seen it happen all to many times).

The host needs the ability to kick without a vote, and needs the ability while in race to kick someone

gp20
25-05-2015, 20:49
By kicking assholes out, or better banning, they can have a lesson on their behaviors and can save time and long pointless arguments
Auto kick would be great and zero devpt required.
You kick yourself.

That's what i did.

Westbeef
26-05-2015, 09:01
I've never seen a vote kick pass in PC multiplayer, and I always vote if I see someone acting like an asshole.

hostaman
26-05-2015, 12:15
10000000% Yes

One guy in a game last night just kept bragging about how he was going to ********* and destroy every race.

Lot's of us voted to kick and the host was begging players to vote but he just couldn't get enough interest (or maybe there was a language barrier). The Host should definitely have an instant kick.
Furthermore the number of kicks could be a readable stat - so hosts could kick anyone based on their poor history.

THAT would get rid of the trolls pretty quickly. It's like COD with cars at present :mad:

MatthiasB
26-05-2015, 16:28
Why not using this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiky56ofpm444fp/Screenshot%202015-05-26%2018.22.19.png?dl=0

DragonSyr
26-05-2015, 22:17
because the problem is not only on pc users ...

MatthiasB
27-05-2015, 05:04
Now i get it, thanks.

SIlMPLIClITY
27-05-2015, 05:40
That feeling when you join a lobby wait a minute nobody readies up you vote kick everyone and then say fuck it and leave...

Hodgy
27-05-2015, 06:36
MatthiasB how do you get that setup?

fostrike
27-05-2015, 13:32
Please SMS, the admin kick or temporary ban is really needed

Spreaderz
27-05-2015, 14:25
Its a pain if yer doing a 30 min qualifier and u got someone in the room jus smashing into everyone you have to wait after the race to try and boot ,even worse if the race is 10 or so laps your stuck with the idiot until the end so everyone leaves what could have been a good lobby jus coz of one plonker, be nice to have the option whoever is in charge to boot as soon as this is noticed , i'd be happy to boot idiots .i'd never boot someone coz their faster , if that was the case i'd be in a empty lobby every race :)

MatthiasB
27-05-2015, 15:11
MatthiasB how do you get that setup?

It is implented in the pc or linux DS version.
You can access the API over http

Megalomanic87
27-05-2015, 15:31
Agreed with this, we desperately need a kick option on all platforms, sick of either looking for other lobbies with more filth or just dealing with people ramming me, Private lobbies won't really work unless you have 5+ friends to race with.
Dirty drivers will either improve or get fed up of being kicked.

dopeyj86
28-05-2015, 02:46
I agree with this. I remember way back when Forza 2 came out on the the 360 it gave the host/admin full control over his/her lobby. And the whole lobby communicated with each other. If some asshole named little Petey came in and put little Johny in the wall on purpose he spoke out. The host would then boot little Petey to damn moon and little Petey would not be a threat anymore. My point is that when you have control to kick people you naturally find clean racers because if they dont race clean you have the power to boot. Ive met many life long friends in public lobbies in that game. Sure its not actual "Sim" but it held its own in 2006. Please SMS give then host more control over his/her lobby. You will not regret it. I would like to have as many stories and friends in this game as i do in Forza 2. Thanks.

VBR
28-05-2015, 08:03
I find it unbelievable that such a basic option isn't available. Hosts should be able to kick people out of their rooms, it's a no-brainer!

GT_Racing
28-05-2015, 20:32
I agree 100%. The host needs the ability to kick instantly. Either that or only make it so one person has to agree with the host. People dont kick people if they wreck other drivers, because they dont care as long as their race isnt ruined and they can use it as an advantage. Ive tried multiple times to get people to vote, and they simply ignore the message.

apexatspeed
29-05-2015, 05:02
It can be a pain if a host can kick players for no reason, but it is better than trying to get half a lobby to vote off an idiot.

DragonSyr
29-05-2015, 08:20
racing games i know have admin kick ...there is no pain there.... why have pains here........

and think....admin is ADMIN, is like If I want to be kicked out of my house, I will not ask anyone for permission ,even if'm crazy ... just do not come back to my home..

MULTIVITZ
29-05-2015, 09:09
If any of you have bothered reading the ultimate suggestion thread you'll see one of mine in there and would have saved lots of typing. Its clearly a good thing kicking players from lobbies, and I have some clever systems to deal with voting. I think it's clever anyway:rolleyes:

JimbobMarley65
03-06-2015, 11:34
I was in a lobby with enough friends to successfully kick an idiot out only to have him rejoin almost immediately , what is the point if they are not excluded from a room ?

apexatspeed
03-06-2015, 17:24
I was in a lobby with enough friends to successfully kick an idiot out only to have him rejoin almost immediately , what is the point if they are not excluded from a room ?

That happened to me once as well. He was voted out then instantly rejoined. That doesn't even make sense.

ThePla7Maker
03-06-2015, 17:41

if your 5 regular players just leave a couple of slots open to public so you can keep control of the server. when a good driver comes in you can add them and build your numbers slowly.

Iwanchek
04-06-2015, 10:15
Yesterday i was driving Monza, 15 Laps....get good of the start, overtook few of them, hard brake on a first right hander, and brainless idiot slams on my back, and got at the end 5-6sec penalty (??!!), ok, got good pace, catching with other, on end of the 1st lap i was 4th, 3.5 sec behind the leader.

I finally catch a dude finishing lap 3...im on his back on first turn, a catch amazing exit, when i try to overtake him he rams me with purpose (!!!!!!!), i cathec him again on the current lap, again amazing exit, 4th-fifth gear he block my racing like, hes swirling like left right left right....idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sad to my self, ok, ill wait till parabolica, i was right on him, simulating an overtake, let him brake as late as possible, and he overbrake his untalented brainless drivce..needed like 4-5 laps to catch the leader, 2nd and 1st were like a second...

I drove amazing next lap, right behind those two guys, it was like 7th on 8th lap coming to the start/finish line, got better exit out of Parabolica, right next to him, he waited that im on a same car level with him, he slams direct on my car, pushes me out of the track, i dont know how i did and recover good an without major time loss, Parabolica, hes in front of me, leader as well like 2sec in front.... Catch good parabolica, amazing exit again, im faster then him, but ill wait till first chicanes, hes driving on a right side of the track, covering the inner track, i broke bit early, hes moving to the left side of the track, and i squezze on the right side of the track, almost done the overtake and hi crashes into me with purpose, but i was lucky, he catches me on my back, nothing special....and he tried every time to shot me down, but he missed every time....2 laps to the end, leader was like 2 sec in front, 3rd was 4.5sec behind, leader overbarke the first chicanes, on the exit im right behind him, middle sector im on his gearbox...out of parabolica, he goes bit wide im on the inside, hes like steering directly on me to hit me, i brake a bit, hes still first, going to the first chicanes, last lap...hes braking late, hard, me, directly on 140m mark, cathicng amazing first chicanes, out of those im on his back....got better exit speed, try to overtake on the left side of the track, he smash on me, i brake down and going to the middle sector, he brake late as well on first Tamburello right hander, im on his gearbox, second Tamburello he catches bit hard the cerb, loose speed on exit, i start the overtake him, he blocks my line, left-right left right..idiot is driving...ok, im done with those idiots, i waited till Parabolica, nutch his back on braking, he goes straight i win..

Amen!!!!

But 2-3 out of 10 lobbies are with fair drivers... we need private servers, automatically kick/ban options, dirty driving time penalty....like this i cant see any fun or enjoyment.....

transfix
04-06-2015, 16:31
They just need to increase the penalties for those drivers. cutting track (slowed penalty), excessive ramming (disqualified), sitting idol at start (auto kick from match), etc. Thats the only reason I avoid multiplayer is trying to get in a clean race. We used to have a pretty good community back in the TOCA days.

Doctor Doom
04-06-2015, 18:11
They need to add a VOIP for multiplayer so we can all yell and swear at those who drive dirty or do not follow the rules. That is the one feature in Grid Autosport that is heavily used by racers.

-IGN- Spinster
05-06-2015, 00:08
To kick players on public host is useless on PC, they just return seconds later anyways.. Create a league in private with a password. Then you have more control.

Aksuli83
05-06-2015, 00:20
This is so needed.. Just about every lobby I've been in have had atleast one player that does not know what brakes are.. Specially annoying are the ones that you lap and next corner they take you out. It makes no sence that the lobby host has no control over the lobby. He for one should be able to kick and atleast timeout a player out of the lobby if not ban. Online is one huge reason I play the game, career or hotlapping hasn't got the same pull than the online racing with others. But these wreckers just make it more annoying to even think about starting the game. Online reputation should be also already added, enough kicks or bans should disable their ability to join the pro lobbys, and force them to lower class to build up a clean reputation. Or if continued, drop them even lower and possibly eventually disabling the online (exept friends only servers) for a time that is enough to teach them a lesson, if they haven't been learning before.

If this continues, I believe that more and more players go to play another games, example Assetto Corsa (that MP has admin access) to seek cleaner races. Some are already getting enough of wrecks at online.

DragonSyr
05-06-2015, 07:53
They just need to increase the penalties for those drivers. cutting track (slowed penalty), excessive ramming (disqualified), sitting idol at start (auto kick from match), etc. Thats the only reason I avoid multiplayer is trying to get in a clean race. We used to have a pretty good community back in the TOCA days.

cutting track need discussion because you can cut the track because the following car miss the brakes and you dragged in with him.
Who gets the punishment in this case? It happened to me at least 2 times and i get slowspeed penalty and it was no my fault......
It is a bit complicated the way for the rules.....

Ghost_rider
07-06-2015, 00:41

WHat he says;

cutting track need discussion because you can cut the track because the following car miss the brakes and you dragged in with him.

IMHO a decent competitive game have or should have a punishment system on board, and the lack of this in here makes a let down for fun. YOu qualifying for a good start position and the @SSH@les push you of the lane/ track so the have moved one position up at least and we got in the back of the line and as a gift we got punished as well by 5 seconds off, lap count drop or/ and car damage. This game has really a great potential but the bugs and the major subject, the OP has started, is annoying like hell.
And a auto kick is a good starting point of adding a punishment of this kind and after 3 kicks a ban...

Mellowyellow
07-06-2015, 10:46
In my opinion the gameing industry is lacking any decent bang crash wallop driving game! Back in the day I dabbled a bit with Grids Destruction Derby mode. If there was a game out there that caters for exactly that, then I think Pcars would be left in peace for the racers out there!

R-Racer
07-06-2015, 11:58
I agree it would be nice as the host to be able to kick/ban any drivers who are deliberately driving to ruin the game for everyone else. You could simply ban them based on their steam id. This would be a great help and all the genuine clean online drivers can enjoy racing online....

Aksuli83
08-06-2015, 07:18
In my opinion the gameing industry is lacking any decent bang crash wallop driving game! Back in the day I dabbled a bit with Grids Destruction Derby mode. If there was a game out there that caters for exactly that, then I think Pcars would be left in peace for the racers out there!

Next Car Game? :)

I agree it would be nice as the host to be able to kick/ban any drivers who are deliberately driving to ruin the game for everyone else. You could simply ban them based on their steam id. This would be a great help and all the genuine clean online drivers can enjoy racing online....

Setting up a dedicated server is a possibility. Tho you need to look into it a bit more than regular lobby creation but after the few first kinks, it's pretty easy to do it. Then the host can kick/timeout for 10min or hour/ban the wrecking player.

Luke Townsend
08-06-2015, 07:21
To kick players on public host is useless on PC, they just return seconds later anyways.. Create a league in private with a password. Then you have more control.

Didn't know that is the case! Surely if a player is kicked they should not be able to rejoin the same lobby? That sounds very illogical.

madmax2069
08-06-2015, 07:52
Didn't know that is the case! Surely if a player is kicked they should not be able to rejoin the same lobby? That sounds very illogical.

A few games have a kick only function which I'll never understand (because it teaches trolls nothing, and makes it hard to run a race), because a troll will just keep coming back which is just as useless as vote to kick

some games will ban on a kick (which is more useful especially when dealing with a troll) because they can no longer enter the lobby once kicked and they'll have to find another lobby (but the unfortunate side effect is if you kick the wrong player they can't come back in and you'll have to make another lobby), eventually the troll will just give up after he figures it out.

Other games rely on the vote to kick system (which never really works and can backfire on the host and others in the room and the trolls can take over the lobby).

I vote for having two options, one just to kick, and one to kick and ban.

Luke Townsend
08-06-2015, 07:55
Unfortunately thats the way a few games are which I'll never understand (because it teaches them nothing, and makes it hard to run a race), because a troll will just keep coming back. some games will ban on a kick (which is more useful especially when dealing with a troll) because they can no longer enter the lobby once kicked and they'll have to find another lobby, eventually they'll just give up, but not if they'll allowed to rejoin. Other games rely on the vote to kick system (which never really works and can backfire on the host and others in the room and the trolls can take over the lobby).

I vote for having two options, one just to kick, and one to kick and ban.

Thanks for the info! I'm pretty new to multiplayer. Yes, it doesn't make much sense to allow them straight back in.

chart_e
10-06-2015, 20:14
a bad admin will just finish alone

Umer Ahmad
11-06-2015, 05:39
We successfully kicked one guy tonight and he did not return, was kinda cool

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 06:33
you seems lucky that did not want to continue.........

MrStef85
11-06-2015, 07:08
Yes please!

o Mike V o
11-06-2015, 14:19
I have never actually seen anyone kicked in a lobby yet, the system for kicking people is almost as bad as Forza 5's.

Megalomanic87
11-06-2015, 14:27
Have seen people kicked via the vote option, but it needs a miracle to work sometimes. An ability to kick people from your game simply has to be put in.

o Mike V o
11-06-2015, 15:06
I can't see them implementing a new kick system in this game because - to me anyway - it seems like a lot of work for something so small, maybe they'll find a better way during the development of Pcars 2 but there is bigger issues to worry about atm. Besides, eventually all the idiots will get bored and play something else, this has always been the case in Forza at least, I imagine the same will happen in Pcars. A better system should have been in place at the start, but whatever...this game just needs time.

I'm not sure what you can do on PS4 or PC, but on Xbox we can bring up their gamercard and block and report them. Not really sure if it ultimately makes the difference but I certainly do it anyway.

Umer Ahmad
11-06-2015, 15:13
The offendor ruined the race for a few guys, when the race was over someone chatted "kick <dude>" and within seconds i saw like 6 votes and he was gone. You guys need to communicate a little more with each other, the mechanism worked well if you're willing to do some self-policing. I was impressed.

Maybe SMS can make the lobby host kick anyone by a single vote. Until then use some democracy and communication

o Mike V o
11-06-2015, 15:16
Not everyone in the lobby is communicating, people will see and hear "Vote to kick xxxx" but they will sit there and do nothing. The same thing always happened in Forza 5, their vote to kick system was similar.

It's especially bad when you get crash teams of 2-3 or more players all working to together to ruin everyones race.

Harvey
11-06-2015, 15:18
Admin should be able to kick/ban. It's just getting ridiculous.

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 15:20
i think this is allready in todo list of devs..... they know for sure this demand

Harvey
11-06-2015, 15:26
Good. I race at Bathurst most of the time and there are limited passing opportunities and a ton of concrete walls. It's hard enough, at times, when you do have sensible people racing, but these idiot trolls are just making it... Well, almost pointless. The worst part is that when I see some of the idiots I recognise from earlier incidents at the bottom of the timesheet, I'm leaving the server that I started. Who are they trying to attract here, the small minority of people who act like morons, or people who enjoy simulated motorsport? What difference is it going to make if I upset a couple of trolls by kicking them off my server? How does it go? "Created by racers for racers"? If nothing gets done, they might as well change it to "Created by racers for idiots who want to crash, bash, then quit"!

xautos
11-06-2015, 17:57
the system can be too easily abused, if the host can kick anyone he likes, he could simply kick other faster drivers if he chooses that threaten him from winning. there are just too many things wrong with that type of position and with a vote kick, others will vote yes everytime because its one less player in the way of their chances. if there is to be a kick system, it should be done in such a way its completely impartial and leaves no chance at all, i was thinking the game system itself automatically booting players based on how disruptive their actions are, ex the most severe, parking in the middle of the track at night in a fast corner waiting for a victim should be an instant kick when the action has been registered, the same with a player racing the wrong way up the track, instant kick. but less severe types of action like running another player off the track on purpose should carry an automatic 10 second slap on the wrist stop and hold in the pit or an instant dq at the finish line. taking another player out or using them as a braking marker or just trying to muscle them out the way should carry an instant 30 second stop and hold in the pits. if these less severe actions are carried over on other cases and the system has got them recorded and tries it say a 4th time muscling another player out the way on purpose, it will be an instant kick.

possiblity in it, but what fair system can there be for proper administration without bias?

madmax2069
11-06-2015, 18:11
the system can be too easily abused, if the host can kick anyone he likes, he could simply kick other faster drivers if he chooses that threaten him from winning. there are just too many things wrong with that type of position and with a vote kick, others will vote yes everytime because its one less player in the way of their chances. if there is to be a kick system, it should be done in such a way its completely impartial and leaves no chance at all, i was thinking the game system itself automatically booting players based on how disruptive their actions are, ex the most severe, parking in the middle of the track at night in a fast corner waiting for a victim should be an instant kick when the action has been registered, the same with a player racing the wrong way up the track, instant kick. but less severe types of action like running another player off the track on purpose should carry an automatic 10 second slap on the wrist stop and hold in the pit or an instant dq at the finish line. taking another player out or using them as a braking marker or just trying to muscle them out the way should carry an instant 30 second stop and hold in the pits. if these less severe actions are carried over on other cases and the system has got them recorded and tries it say a 4th time muscling another player out the way on purpose, it will be an instant kick.

possiblity in it, but what fair system can there be for proper administration without bias?

Im sorry but a automatic kick doesnt really work either (it will kick even if it was a accident, it cant tell if what happened was a accident or not), id rather deal with a host that abuses the kick function then a room full greifers/trolls that can not be kicked because nobody will vote to kick said person. A abusive host isn't someone I would want to race with anyways I'll just find another room, a abusive host much easier to deal with then a bunch of greifers/trolls.

ThePla7Maker
11-06-2015, 18:24
should be able to block people. so if a admin has a player blocked they wont be able to join their server.i spent 30 minutes qualifying last night and managed to get 2nd, then on the 3rd lap someone decided to park their car on a blind corner killed my race instantly. if players are blocked they will start to get frustrated as more and more people will block them and they will struggle to find lobby's in the end.

eracerhead
11-06-2015, 18:26
After a set number of kicks in a given period, the user should be shut out of multiplayer lobbies for 24 hours.

GT_Racing
11-06-2015, 18:27
should be able to block people. so if a admin has a player blocked they wont be able to join their server.i spent 30 minutes qualifying last night and managed to get 2nd, then on the 3rd lap someone decided to park their car on a blind corner killed my race instantly. if players are blocked they will start to get frustrated as more and more people will block them and they will struggle to find lobby's in the end.

Agreed. If you get kicked you should not be able to rejoin (at least for an hour the first time). Two nights ago we kicked a dude out of the lobby 3 times and he kept coming back. We couldnt even start the race, because he kept coming back in.

xautos
11-06-2015, 18:42
again thats why the system is there to detect if such a thing was on purpose or accident. the ones done on purpose is what i was driving at, i never made mention that there would be accidents so the idea would be open on the other end.

Megalomanic87
12-06-2015, 04:49
I can't see them implementing a new kick system in this game because - to me anyway - it seems like a lot of work for something so small, maybe they'll find a better way during the development of Pcars 2 but there is bigger issues to worry about atm.

I'm no expert, but enabling a host to kick a player from their lobby can't be THAT difficult to implement, surely?
There are bigger issues with the game, but i believe this is one of the bigger issues. Enabling a kick option would sieve out trolls fairly quickly.

madmax2069
12-06-2015, 05:39
again thats why the system is there to detect if such a thing was on purpose or accident. the ones done on purpose is what i was driving at, i never made mention that there would be accidents so the idea would be open on the other end.

Again a automated kick system cant tell between accidental or intentional, every game I've played that had a automated kick system has the same issue automatically kicked someone that wasnt the cause of the issue. Again automated systems don't work for stuff like this. And automated kick systems can be played by trolls to work against legit players.

Fyrwulf
12-06-2015, 06:01
I'm not sure how much is trolling and how much is just kids that have never been behind the wheel of any kind of car, never mind a high performance one. The problem is universal to all major racing games and I really don't think trolls are going to spend thousands of dollars just to be a troll.

driftoz
12-06-2015, 07:26
kick/ban button for admin is needed badly i hate hosting server where i have no control over anything

Fyrwulf
12-06-2015, 10:36
I'm not sure how much is trolling and how much is just kids that have never been behind the wheel of any kind of car, never mind a high performance one. The problem is universal to all major racing games and I really don't think trolls are going to spend thousands of dollars just to be a troll.

To see what I'm talking about, go on YouTube and watch VintageBeef's let's play of Grid Autosport. It's frustratingly bad through the first three episodes and I think represents the typical racing game player.

ccvampyre
12-06-2015, 21:28
This game is unplayable

Its missing everything for a chance of being ok online, decent penalties, decent filters, host kick, lobby labels, playlist, flashback option.... What a waste of 45 quid

Can barely finish a lap

Umer Ahmad
12-06-2015, 21:58
^did u actually request "flashback"?

Find some clean racers, there are some lists already.

madmax2069
13-06-2015, 03:10
This game is unplayable

Its missing everything for a chance of being ok online, decent penalties, decent filters, host kick, lobby labels, playlist, flashback option.... What a waste of 45 quid

Can barely finish a lap

Flashback...... are you mad ?

I do agree with the rest though.

You can barely finish a lap ? Are you sure thats that game and not just the driver ?

Dude68
13-06-2015, 05:44
Idiots in Multiplayer ruin it for all. There has to be a way to rate players or Host gets full control over kicking. It is the only way to stop idiots. It's no fun spending 30 min to 1hr practicing and qualifying to be taken out on the first lap by a complete idiot with no recourse. Of course everyone makes mistakes and I have taken a few people out accidently (not on first lap) but I always say sorry and re-address the position if I benefited. What is happening now is at least one fool in every race, It's like Russian Roulette if you will be affected. We have to try some way to make racing more respectfully a priority, as everyone will benefit from that. Yes also Chat Macro for quick messages.

Developers is this not a issue you thought about in development. Did you think everyone would play nice. Do you think this is not a issue in all racing sims.

NutsMammoth
13-06-2015, 08:15
Tired. Game Over.

GT_Racing
13-06-2015, 08:42
What the devil is flashback?

Herege
14-06-2015, 05:22
Agree, direct kick button for admin/host is needed, and fast!

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 16:31
What the devil is flashback?

Rewind, do-over, do-again, go-back-in-time....I think either Forza or GT has it

ccvampyre
15-06-2015, 19:34
^did u actually request "flashback"?

With respect,
Really shouldn't have to trawl the internet to make the game playable

And whilst i appreciate flashback option would not be for everyone, it could be an option
They aren't always infinite. And are a safegaurd against being rammed and wasting 15 minutes of qually time.
It works very well on dirt, f1 and grid, keeping the races alive until the end
Or even past the first corner

This game needs options for mp, and they need to be visible and filterable from the lobby select screen, as none currently are atall

The pc mp is way worse than gt, quite an achievement, and a mile behind even grid in terms of functionality and options.

The contact physics dont help either

NB I didn't only request flashback

Mturner
15-06-2015, 19:48
+1 for Kick button for host

Nomad06
16-06-2015, 04:28
I agree, host needs control of the room. Nothing worse, you take the time to set up a good room, only for one or more idiots looking to troll rooms that just want to race....I've even went as far as leaving my own room....that I took the time to setup, only to be followed to the very next room...these professional idiots know there is nothing you can do, and its VERY frustrating. Host needs control to boot these people... ban or a least 24 hrs has to pass before they can enter a room from which they're kicked of unless the host ok's it. No options to kick host....too many vandictive jerks who hust wantbto kick the host...set it up....like gt6...host choses where its fixed host or variable host, if the host leaves.

THERE IS NO OPTION here SmS....you need to fix this madness!

AdM1
16-06-2015, 05:02
What if host is an ass that likes to kick anyone faster than him though? Can see that happening.

I hope any changes like this get thought out in all scenarios.

madmax2069
16-06-2015, 07:02
What if host is an ass that likes to kick anyone faster than him though? Can see that happening.

Id rarher deal with that then to deal with a bunch of wreckers that you're unable to kick. Ots easier to deal with

Harvey
16-06-2015, 07:29

Well I guess it all comes down to this - Do you want to race with people who are being fair and racing sensibly or not? If someone kicks you because you are faster than them, is that someone you really want to race with? Currently there is no option to stop this nonsense. Would you prefer people getting fed up and going offline altogether? Then there's no-one to race against except the trolls and they win. GG.

momotaone
16-06-2015, 08:12

This statement just ist not satisfying... and of course it will help only a few gamers, this is never a solution for the problem at all.
So instead of repeating pointing at the "private lobbies" and "find clean racers"... please have a look at casual racers, like me.

I'm 28 years old, father of one child, full-time-working. I have
1. not the time to join a league
2. not every day the same schedule to play

So in fact, this means: I have lost.

-> I can not find enough clean racers, so that they will join a multiplayer race at exactly the timeframe, when I am playing the game.
-> So, I have to join public lobbies... and as already stated: The "vote for ban" does not work... there are several reasons for it named in this thread.

=> So the option for a lobby-admin to kick an user immediatly after bad behaviour is the best, fastest and easyiest way and solution for the console players, as we have no dedicated servers. <=

So this is a community request, with really really need... please don't bunch this down by the "private lobby"-feature... this will not work for the casual player...

Thanks in advance.

Paulo Ribeiro
16-06-2015, 08:18

I saw that too, really can't remember what game. I remember the host kicked everybody who was better than him.
Almost all room. :dejection:

DragonSyr
16-06-2015, 09:47
I saw that too, really can't remember what game. I remember the host kicked everybody who was better than him.
Almost all room. :dejection:

this is not affect us , because at the end this host will play alone...... this is not our problem

CCM
16-06-2015, 10:19
SMS Maybe you need to swallow some pride and do what iracing does and have a penalty system and licence requirement or put top rated drivers with top rated drivers. The amount of drivers who just want to ram people off the road for a good laugh or want to block to know ends is just stupid, annoying, frustrating and dumb. If you want this to be a sim and not a arcade then something needs to be put in place and your vote to kick thing don't work. It's pretty simple really make a race with a certain track for each series for the week and keep it on the online menu so anyone can join that only has a certain rating but the server will put the drivers on the top see or lower seed based on ther raiting. You should have a A.B,C rating on the same track for the week of each type of series. make that series a championship series for a season. It will put great drivers against respected drivers and the ass hates can have there fun in the low rating server. Im just saying it's a idea cause your game is beautiful and till the dw12.comes out and ovals im stuck road racing and there are a certain few that ruin it for others hardcore sim racers like me

deedub777
17-06-2015, 13:16
I would vote for kick/ban button. if you join a room where the host abuses this then don't join that host again. Here's a video of an online multiplayer race. Absolute carnage at the start, some of it may be lag hopping but clearly a few(?) just floor it (or press the button all the way thumb wagglers) and smash into other players. It's a shame because this application (I refuse to refer to it as a game!) is the best release for a long time. I absolutely love sim racing and bringing Project Cars to console makes it so much more affordable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3tbBPxTchk

ccvampyre
17-06-2015, 16:26
i used to host gt5&6 lobbies pretty much every night .. only won a couple of races in years..
but i kept the room clean for others, and because i did i always had full rooms.. and good racers to follow XD

this should not be a reason for not having a kick function...

protie
17-06-2015, 18:48
SMS Maybe you need to swallow some pride and do what iracing does and have a penalty system and licence requirement or put top rated drivers with top rated drivers. The amount of drivers who just want to ram people off the road for a good laugh or want to block to know ends is just stupid, annoying, frustrating and dumb. If you want this to be a sim and not a arcade then something needs to be put in place and your vote to kick thing don't work. It's pretty simple really make a race with a certain track for each series for the week and keep it on the online menu so anyone can join that only has a certain rating but the server will put the drivers on the top see or lower seed based on ther raiting. You should have a A.B,C rating on the same track for the week of each type of series. make that series a championship series for a season. It will put great drivers against respected drivers and the ass hates can have there fun in the low rating server. Im just saying it's a idea cause your game is beautiful and till the dw12.comes out and ovals im stuck road racing and there are a certain few that ruin it for others hardcore sim racers like me

I would like to know if this is even something the devs have considered. I would love to see it. Shit, I would be more then happy to pay a subscription for scheduled races the way it is done in iRacing.

RayH
17-06-2015, 23:42
As long as we are dealing with BS drivers, is there something we can do to amp up the penalty for hitting the reset button. It seems that there are a number of drivers who have mastered the reset. So you drive along with folks slamming off at the corners, re-appearing like magic. Love it��

ertve2012
30-07-2015, 00:12

Then we have to hope that this guy does not play Project Cars. He calls him Self Jim Profit. and recon it is illegal to ban. any 1 from web sites and game sever. He even thinks it is an an act of terrorism. & he has been banned from lots of web sites and game severs. he even thinks Steam is an group of organised crime.

madmax2069
30-07-2015, 02:07

Then we have to hope that this guy does not play Project Cars. He calls him Self Jim Profit. and recon it is illegal to ban. any 1 from web sites and game sever. He even thinks it is an an act of terrorism. & he has been banned from lots of web sites and game severs. he even thinks Steam is an group of organised crime.

OMG not him. He makes my IQ drop just looking at that photo, let alone watching any of his videos.

NutsMammoth
30-07-2015, 10:58
There is the Online Reputation feature ... which is not working:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23707-Online-Reputation

Jakob
30-07-2015, 11:45
A good buddy of mine plays GTA online, like hardcore. Apparently the dev's of GTA have some kind of system in place for the online part of the game. If you gain a reputation of not being a fair player, so the equivalent of the wreckers in PC, you will only play online with the same type of players that they are themselves.

How effective it is, no idea. It would be cool if something like this were possible.

Motorhead Racer
01-08-2015, 05:17
sigh..
to those who say create a private lobby, how would you EVER find new good racers?
second, I dunno about you, but I like to keep my friend list fairly exclusive, I do not want to have to add every single driver I find that is half decent, just so I can create a private lobby to race against some of them occasionally, lobby leader should always be able to issue a kick, especially seeing as the reputation and penalty system is not a cure all

DeanUK
24-08-2015, 01:27
Come on SlightlyMad Studios, give us the option to have a "dictator style host" where the host can control the lobby, keep it clean and kick the idiots that currently keep clogging up our races! Vote to kick just does not work.

DeanUK
24-08-2015, 01:32
I agree, host needs control of the room. Nothing worse, you take the time to set up a good room, only for one or more idiots looking to troll rooms that just want to race....I've even went as far as leaving my own room....that I took the time to setup, only to be followed to the very next room...these professional idiots know there is nothing you can do, and its VERY frustrating. Host needs control to boot these people... ban or a least 24 hrs has to pass before they can enter a room from which they're kicked of unless the host ok's it. No options to kick host....too many vandictive jerks who hust wantbto kick the host...set it up....like gt6...host choses where its fixed host or variable host, if the host leaves.

THERE IS NO OPTION here SmS....you need to fix this madness!

Yeah good point about fixed host or variable host option... They could set fixed host as a dictatorship style hosting where the host has all the power... and variable hosting pretty much as it is at the moment... that would keep everyone happy surely?

FasterThenYou
24-08-2015, 16:20
sigh..
to those who say create a private lobby, how would you EVER find new good racers?
second, I dunno about you, but I like to keep my friend list fairly exclusive, I do not want to have to add every single driver I find that is half decent, just so I can create a private lobby to race against some of them occasionally, lobby leader should always be able to issue a kick, especially seeing as the reputation and penalty system is not a cure all

unfortunately they say"make a private lobby" or "play with your friends"...thats shame if yall ask me! Instead to make the game better and improve things that are broken or not running good they say"make a private lobby"..ohh....

I just hope they will fix the MP, and if yall have some suggestion please visit my thread and leave your feedback and suggestions.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37566-How-to-imropve-MP-experience-%28SMS-devs-9

AdM1
24-08-2015, 16:50
I've said it before and will say it again, what if the host is an idiot? It will get abused more than likely.

What's wrong with voting them out? I find if you bash the vote to kick for a bit other people see it on the activity feed and start voting too.. Or if the game chat worked properly you can talk to each other no?

FasterThenYou
24-08-2015, 17:00
I've said it before and will say it again, what if the host is an idiot? It will get abused more than likely.

What's wrong with voting them out? I find if you bash the vote to kick for a bit other people see it on the activity feed and start voting too.. Or if the game chat worked properly you can talk to each other no?

in 99% host wont be a problem, vote to kick some one takes to long...first, it ruins ur race, then ull and others have to wait till the race finishes and then vote and hope that the voting system works which doesnt work so far i know! when kick then instant vote and kick!

AdM1
24-08-2015, 17:05
in 99% host wont be a problem, vote to kick some one takes to long...first, it ruins ur race, then ull and others have to wait till the race finishes and then vote and hope that the voting system works which doesnt work so far i know! when kick then instant vote and kick!

You know this for definite? There seems to be a lot of idiots online.

IMO it will get abused one way or another.

FasterThenYou
24-08-2015, 19:01

majority is trying to drive fair but when few idiots come then the shit is going down. But everyone can see ur lap times for example, if youre faster then youre faster i dont think that the host would kick you only bcoz youre faster then he is. I think fairness is the most of the drivers wanna see...

MXR SMILER
24-08-2015, 19:15
If you do get kicked by some tool cause you're faster then you win really - do you want to race this loser - really - find some decent racers and have fun!

DragonSyr
25-08-2015, 11:32
in codemasters f1 titles the host can kick ban from session, whats wrong with that? NO PROBLEM AT ALL . only rammers hate that ...
i saw some posts to worry for kick faster guys....... are we serious??????? if some host kick me for this reason then i dont give a shit for his session never again.... blacklist
this is not a reason i will not have the ability to kick/ban a rammer from my session

Pyromaniak666
25-08-2015, 12:03
At least there is there is the option for Private lobbies, not many games have this these days

Megalomanic87
25-08-2015, 12:06
We shouldn't have to create private lobbies with few players just because one or two idiots can't race clean.
I can't stress enough how important this kick option was in FM2. This game is screaming for one.

QPRLad
25-08-2015, 12:30

If the host is being an idiot, move lobbies. Find a good host, or simply be a good Host.

DragonSyr
26-08-2015, 07:14
At least there is there is the option for Private lobbies, not many games have this these days

and this is not true.....
the majority of games have private lobbies

FasterThenYou
26-08-2015, 08:11
If the host is being an idiot, move lobbies. Find a good host, or simply be a good Host.

i think we should let the host out this issue here. Host can be idiot even bigger then other idiots who cut track, cram other etc, weve to just implement tools in the game that is not allowing others to be so dirty and unfair-simple!

QPRLad
26-08-2015, 08:28
If you gave the hosts a kick button, or a bit f power, then there would be more fair races around. It would only be a matter of time before they gave up.
But at the same time, I've seen people 3-4 seconds a lap faster at qualifying than me get frustrated after 3 laps and on guy just rammed first place off the road because he (in second) kept trading places. It can be quite a long process to apply such a system, I think setting damage to real and have a kick button will be a quick and effective fix.

Progamer
26-08-2015, 08:45
Man, yesterday we had a horrible Race.

I was the Host with 4 of my Friends. Racing with 5 People is not that cool.

So we created a lobby and played.

A guy joined the game while we were 14 People.
He crashed everybody in the qualifying.
Then the race started he startet with the second red light from the last place. At first place he stopped and crashed into everybody.
The whole 6 Rounds.....

We couldnt kick him out. So we waited in the lobby till he left.

After 2 races he joined again.....

So we stopped racing and played another game.

Great. Give us some Kick-Button that couldnt be so difficult!!!

FasterThenYou
26-08-2015, 08:51
raced yesterday, dude like jumped the start like 2 seconds be4 green came, no penalty no nothing, cutting the last chicane on Nurburgring, so far nothing, and he gained in fist lap like 6-7sec ahead of me, till lap 4 he was like 20secs and on the last lap he pitted and won the race. How was that idk but its anoyinng!

DragonSyr
27-08-2015, 07:24
Man, yesterday we had a horrible Race.

I was the Host with 4 of my Friends. Racing with 5 People is not that cool.

So we created a lobby and played.

A guy joined the game while we were 14 People.
He crashed everybody in the qualifying.
Then the race started he startet with the second red light from the last place. At first place he stopped and crashed into everybody.
The whole 6 Rounds.....

We couldnt kick him out. So we waited in the lobby till he left.

After 2 races he joined again.....

So we stopped racing and played another game.

Great. Give us some Kick-Button that couldnt be so difficult!!!

only with kick you cant prevent the rejoin of the morron... we need session ban !

Charger
27-08-2015, 15:34
Our dedicated server is great, dude got kicked last night for a jump start, he was kicked at the 2nd corner lol, we have had to kick a lot of people for ramming but the server is now getting populated by people who really want to race, I had some of my best races the last couple of nights since our server went live, the rammers don't come back any more because they know they will only last 10 seconds.

Chiraq
05-09-2015, 14:16
Yes as a host it should be possible to kick someone or make the votekick system better. Maybe visualize it a bit better a small text in the bottom left corner is not enough!

Chris_PDX
06-09-2015, 01:57
I literally just wasted two hours trying to get a room away from some jackass who spent the entire race ramming. And laughed when Vote kick failed. I've never, not once, seen vote kick work on the PC.

And as far as creating private rooms, what the ever living hell is the point of open multi player if the response from the dev's is "well play with friends"? I have 3 friends that play PCars, are we only supposed to run a room with 3 people forever because public lobbies are full of asshats who spend the entire time griefing? It's a problem because THEY KNOW there's no repercussions of their behavior.

Charger
06-09-2015, 13:54
Come and join our server, we have races nightly and kick or ban anyone that messes around, http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RWBRACING