PDA

View Full Version : SMS-R Formula A @ Azure GP (Monaco) - Ends 25/05/2015 23:59

Rift Racer
22-05-2015, 19:06
Well that was fun..... for the first few hours till the track cutters showed up :rolleyes:

Joni Varis
22-05-2015, 19:34
Heh as i said yesterday in another thread before this even even started, complete cutfest.

I did few laps today on time trial by actually driving the normal track layout, best i got was 1.11.2. After looking few ghosts and sector times, by cutting everywhere you gain like 3s + :hopelessness:

Fabian Baumgarten
22-05-2015, 19:53
really?? even at azure gp?
did we really missed that under developement.
we,ve had so much events and testing during WMD Developement, i thought we were quite good regarding cut detection. sure, not perfect, but quite good.
but this cut thing is starting to throw a bad light on this game and all WMD members...

Rift Racer
22-05-2015, 20:08
really?? even at azure gp?
did we really missed that under developement.
we,ve had so much events and testing during WMD Developement, i thought we were quite good regarding cut detection. sure, not perfect, but quite good.
but this cut thing is starting to throw a bad light on this game and all WMD members...

I'd hazard a guess and say that your able to cut to gain time without an invalid lap on upwards of 50% of the tracks in pCARS.

It's currently now been at least 50% of the current SMS-R Championship that you have been able to cut chicanes etc. to gain time without it invalidating your lap.

I really don't see how it can be so difficult, draw invisible line that defines track limits on both sides of the track ALL THE WAY ROUND, and if someone crosses the line with 3 or more wheels, lap invalid. It's really got to be the simplest piece of coding to add to ANY game, I can't fathom how it's managed to get so far into development / release without this being implemented properly.

Heh as i said yesterday in another thread before this even even started, complete cutfest.

I did few laps today on time trial by actually driving the normal track layout, best i got was 1.11.2. After looking few ghosts and sector times, by cutting everywhere you gain like 2.5-3s :hopelessness:

It's a complete joke, even before the times started getting lower, the people getting 1.15s / 1.16s etc were still cutting 1 or 2 chicanes. Best I managed was a 14.1 or something till I saw the big cutters come in, then I gave up.

Sad, as I was really enjoying it, the Formula A at Monaco in the DK2 is intense. You really get a feel for how close to the wall these guys are at every bend.

Rift Racer
22-05-2015, 20:21

I did few laps today on time trial by actually driving the normal track layout, best i got was 1.11.2. After looking few ghosts and sector times, by cutting everywhere you gain like 2.5-3s :hopelessness:

johnnyw84 in-game right? Need to keep an eye out for that. Probably one of the only few fast laps that stick to the track, be nice to have a clean ghost to chase down.

madmax2069
22-05-2015, 20:25
Darn another event ruined by cheaters. Seen it coming though

Joni Varis
22-05-2015, 21:22
johnnyw84 in-game right? Need to keep an eye out for that. Probably one of the only few fast laps that stick to the track, be nice to have a clean ghost to chase down. Yup. I think i could get it to something like high 1.10, but no point to do this event. In the end 1.10.8-9 is paper when with cuts people can do 1.09:s easily.

Joni Varis
23-05-2015, 06:11
If there are some people who are interested to actually stay inside the track, here is lap recorded this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxQ4-AKoK1A

I could probably still improve some tenths, as you see did lost a bit on s1 & s3 to my pb sectors. So ideally could get to 1.10:s. But cant see much point on it as leaderboard is filled with laps done by cuts, so wouldnt change my position anyway.

LockNloaD63
23-05-2015, 07:54
Hi all !

I just saw the video on this page, please can someone explain me how do you set engine and gearbox because i never had to be on the 7th gear... My gearbox is soooo longer than yours Joni Varis and i can't drive faster than my 1:15:5.

Thx for your answers !

Good hooning !

LockNloaD

Joni Varis
23-05-2015, 08:05
You need to adjust gearing "final" setting at car setup, you can also tweak invidual gears on same page.

NVI0U5
23-05-2015, 12:31
Some of us cant even play this track due to frame drops, screen tearing on Xboxone with a controller this leaderboard is all wheel setups

dwaynediblade
23-05-2015, 16:59
Watch me cut the track like a superstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHelSQYS7mc

Joni Varis
23-05-2015, 17:10
:hopelessness:

Btw you forgot to cut the turn 1 + wallriding :) Well atleast you posted it to publick. All these guys at top of the LB surely wont do, afterall then everyone would see how they actually achieved their "fast" times.

PureMalt77
23-05-2015, 22:46
I used the Ghost feature of time-trial, to see how the leader was driving the track (a 1:10.xxx time), and is indeed depressing, how much you can "cheat"...
Track Limits should be entirely reviewed to avoid such cuts, and crashes should have at least a performance impact in the car.
I would love to see the top times in the LB of real CLEAN laps...

Joni Varis
24-05-2015, 03:39
I used the Ghost feature of time-trial, to see how the leader was driving the track (a 1:10.xxx time), and is indeed depressing, how much you can "cheat"...
Track Limits should be entirely reviewed to avoid such cuts, and crashes should have at least a performance impact in the car.
I would love to see the top times in the LB of real CLEAN laps... Would say anything faster than 1.10.5 is 99% sure done by cuts.

FA RACING 01
24-05-2015, 06:19
Would say anything faster than 1.10.5 is 99% sure done by cuts.

Saw on NVIOU5 thread Ian Bell said it will be addressed. Real glad to hear that.

NVI0U5
24-05-2015, 06:35
Saw on NVIOU5 thread Ian Bell said it will be addressed. Real glad to hear that.

Got a top 10 time in the community challenge with this tune.. and a bit of cutting.. thanks MAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHelSQYS7mc

OK we clearly need to fix this.

But great commentary. I thought it was a rap song initially, flowed well.

Thanks FA Racing

Worm
24-05-2015, 11:51
Why I haven't played now in days, it's a waste of time to even attempt to learn the tracks.

FA RACING 01
24-05-2015, 12:01
Why I haven't played now in days, it's a waste of time to even attempt to learn the tracks.

Cutting is not mandatory, it's personal choice at the moment.

EDIT - must add, returning to the game after a week of absence due to renovations to my house, it's sad to see that that so many made the choice to join the cutters. But good to see Ian Bell confirmed they will address that.

Worm
24-05-2015, 23:07
Cutting is not mandatory, it's personal choice at the moment.

EDIT - must add, returning to the game after a week of absence due to renovations to my house, it's sad to see that that so many made the choice to join the cutters. But good to see Ian Bell confirmed they will address that.

But finding an optimal line is near impossible with it. I don't know if I'm gaining or losing. It's not much fun for me to just chase my own ghost. I like trying to beat people and getting into the top 10. Top 10's are pretty hard to come by with the cutting and what's the point when they are going to be removed (one would only hope).

Rift Racer
24-05-2015, 23:30
But finding an optimal line is near impossible with it. I don't know if I'm gaining or losing. It's not much fun for me to just chase my own ghost. I like trying to beat people and getting into the top 10. Top 10's are pretty hard to come by with the cutting and what's the point when they are going to be removed (one would only hope).

Only ghost worth using is Joni's IMO. 99.9% of other time quicker than his is cutting...

Joni Varis
25-05-2015, 04:01
Wont be easy to get in the top 10 by driving cleanly as cuts in this track gains so much, its something like 3+ seconds that you gain by cutting, and the cuts aint even the whole story. Some guys at top have disabled damage aswell & use wallriding to gain even more. Best ive got is 1.10.9 and dont think there is much to be found anymore. Im P9 currently, so likely will slip out of top 10 before event finishes. But as allready said in Barcelona event, im much rather P9,P100 or whatever driving how its supposed than start cutting.

Its really sad at current state. This area of forum should be renamed to "Cutlap Events & Contests" until track boundaries got fixed.

DUST2DEATH
25-05-2015, 05:26
They should just pause all the events, prioritize the track fixes, restart the events fresh.

Its already killing the game.

ASF - Nobody
25-05-2015, 08:05
They should just pause all the events, prioritize the track fixes, restart the events fresh.

Its already killing the game.

“He is unworthy of the name of man who is ignorant of the fact that the diagonal of a square is incommensurable with its side.” http://www.coolmath.com/sites/cmat/files/page_images/reference/square4.gif

Simple as this... If you can manage to have 2 wheels(LF/LR or RF/RR) in contact with the defined track around a corner, the extent being ripple-strips/white outer track line(not including yellow/green inner linings) you have not cut.
The exact moment 2 wheels are not in contact with the defined track around a corner you are cutting.

THE END

Worm
25-05-2015, 13:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS-IGYlEAZI

wearymick
26-05-2015, 03:06
Now, that's just egregious...

miagi
26-05-2015, 12:27
Just saw the twitter msg about the contest and that cutting and wall riding will not be tolerated. And someone maybe will spent days to look thru ghosts... Oh boy, all that trouble afterwards just because cut track detection is not polished and no one bothered to check beforehand :hopelessness:

As a hint, don't take Bugatti Circuit as the next contest track, there is no cut track detection what so ever, JFYI

Fabian Baumgarten
26-05-2015, 14:54
Just saw the twitter msg about the contest and that cutting and wall riding will not be tolerated. And someone maybe will spent days to look thru ghosts... Oh boy, all that trouble afterwards just because cut track detection is not polished and no one bothered to check beforehand :hopelessness:

As a hint, don't take Bugatti Circuit as the next contest track, there is no cut track detection what so ever, JFYI

maybe they could have told us before... so my entrys are useless for now! i could have spend my weekend with something better than hotlapping. maybe next time you can tell us, if you will use the "rules" made by game, or do your own cut dedection manually...
so no changse for me in this whole competition at all, because both times get deleted...

maybe you should make an official post on your website, or even in the game to make clear you will delete cutted laps and restart all events afterwards. that would be the fairest for everyone.