PDA

View Full Version : IS next RIFT update insight?

oliver2000
22-05-2015, 19:10
Hi guys,

This is torwards the guys from SMS. I just would like to know if the next RIFT tweaks/update is in sight or if we are looking only into months for the next time?

And if this is coming up what are going to be the changes we can expect?
For me the on/off technique works pretty good but I am missing a lot the onscreen infos like your times etc. It would be great to get at least the current time/last best time on your display during you drive with the RIFT.

Thanks for your awesome work, this is really a blast this game. I feel almost bad to call this game and would like to call it simulator :)

Rift Racer
22-05-2015, 20:39
....but I am missing a lot the onscreen infos like your times etc. It would be great to get at least the current time/last best time on your display during you drive with the RIFT.

Please for the love of god don't do this SMS, no on-screen HUDs in the rift display.

In pCARS some (most) cars have a motec style display on their steering wheel which gives you info like current / best laptime, you have to scroll through the screens though sometimes.

As for whats coming in next rift update, i'm pretty sure direct mode is coming, and I'm sure the shadows issue is being worked on so I'd hope those would coming in the next update too.

Other than that, what else do you want? It works pretty damn perfectly (except for tiny headtracking lag, and that should be fixed with direct mode).

oliver2000
22-05-2015, 22:36
Well, I understand if some dont like but this is easy to switch option I guess. I have no problem with this in AC at all. How ever I did actually not see this inside the steering wheel, I guess I drive the wrong cars :)

I am not sure what you mean with "scroll throught the screens"?

Naz
23-05-2015, 00:03
"Scroll through the screens" means you can set a button on your wheel to change Page on the motec display, with each page showing different information. For example, drive the Aston Martin GT3 car and you will be able to read several pages or screens of information (eg. race postion/lap number/lap times/tire and brake temp etc).

Not all cars have a motec display and some might have only one page however.

I'd hope having GUI in the Rift Display would be only an option to be enabled or disabled at will ... I'd wouldn't want to use it myself, but there's no harm in giving someone the option if they so desire.

Looking forward to any DK2 updates in PCars as and when they arrive!

:)

cheers

oliver2000
23-05-2015, 00:11
Thanks guys.... I have to say I feel stupid :) now I figured it out. I did wonder before how I can see my lap times inside the displays but I was not looking in my controls to map this to some button at my Cockpit :) Of course this has solved my problem entirely.... ;) Thanks for the head up guys... this helped a lot and the game just got a whole bunch of more fun.

Rift Racer
24-05-2015, 01:32
Yes if it was an option then that's fine, but in AC its hardcoded with no way to remove it, and its a pain in the ass lol.

Sometimes I feel it's better to have nothing and just drive as you would do with that car IRL, like in road car, you're not gonna have much (any) info while driving, but a GT3 or Formula car I would expect info via the steering wheel or in-car computer of some sort, just like is in pCARS.