PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Controller Setup for Manual Shifting

crlowe
22-05-2015, 20:45
I want to change the gear shifting from the bumpers to the buttons. I see how to change the bumpers to the buttons (B button for upshift & X button for downshift) I want but it also wants me to assign something for the gears. What am I supposed to assign to the each gear?

Thanks for any help.

gds1972
22-05-2015, 20:47
If you go to the controller menu you don't have to assign individual gears there is an option in the menu for gear up and gear down. I think you must assign function such as wipers, headlights etc for it to let you out of the menu.

Hopefully the developers find a way of highlighting the mandatory controls in the menu to make life easier.

crlowe
22-05-2015, 20:50
Ok thanks...I didn't realize that.

beetes_juice
22-05-2015, 20:51
Go one at a time when switching buttons and remember what two buttons you are swapping. Can get stuck in that menu for a while if your not careful.

crlowe
22-05-2015, 20:54
I went to the controller and changed to manual but it still shows gear shifting assigned to the bumpers. I want to assign it to the buttons on the configuration screen but don't know what to do about the assining something for gears 1-7.

If you go to the controller menu you don't have to assign individual gears there is an option in the menu for gear up and gear down. I think you must assign function such as wipers, headlights etc for it to let you out of the menu.

Hopefully the developers find a way of highlighting the mandatory controls in the menu to make life easier.

crlowe
22-05-2015, 20:55
But what do I assign to gears 1-7 and reverse?

Go one at a time when switching buttons and remember what two buttons you are swapping. Can get stuck in that menu for a while if your not careful.

SpeedFreakDTM
22-05-2015, 20:58
But what do I assign to gears 1-7 and reverse?

Ignore them, leave them blank.

Above the gears is, gear up/gear down, just assign buttons to gear up n down and leave the others blank.

I assume the separate gears are for people with wheels and gear shifters.

crlowe
22-05-2015, 21:00
I tried that but it says "Not all controlls are assigned.Please assign these before continuing".

Ignore them, leave them blank.

Above the gears is, gear up/gear down, just assign buttons to gear up n down and leave the others blank.

SpeedFreakDTM
22-05-2015, 21:02
I tried that but it says "Not all controlls are assigned.Please assign these before continuing".

make sure there is a button assigned for camera view.

Failing that, get back to the picture of the controller and RESET to default, and change one at a time.

crlowe
22-05-2015, 21:11
Tried that...still not working???

make sure there is a button assigned for camera view.

Failing that, get back to the picture of the controller and RESET to default, and change one at a time.

FOSTBITTEN
22-05-2015, 21:13
This is the 1st console game that I know of that will actually let you assign a button to each gear selection. Of course assigning a button for each gear does not allow for too much else.

gds1972
22-05-2015, 21:16
Don't forget to assign KERS and DRS buttons.

Edit just found this post

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22679-Mandatory-functions-need-a-re-think&p=892124&viewfull=1#post892124

crlowe
22-05-2015, 21:20
It was the KERS button. What does that KERS and DRS stand for?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22679-Mandatory-functions-need-a-re-think&p=892124&viewfull=1#post892124

gds1972
22-05-2015, 21:30
In a Formula A car KERS is kind of like a boost button. DRS when pressed opens the rear wing to allow the car to go faster in a straight line. The wing closes when you brake or press the button again.

KERS = kinetic energy recovery system
DRS = Drag reduction system

crlowe
22-05-2015, 21:47
In a Formula A car KERS is kind of like a boost button. DRS when pressed opens the rear wing to allow the car to go faster in a straight line. The wing closes when you brake or press the button again.

KERS = kinetic energy recovery system
DRS = Drag reduction system

Ok...thanks.

Tekkart
22-05-2015, 21:56

Make your controller setup and don't push b to save. Just push the menu button go to options and help, now you are back in the main menu and all buttons are saved! (srry for bad English)

gds1972
23-05-2015, 06:44
Make your controller setup and don't push b to save. Just push the menu button go to options and help, now you are back in the main menu and all buttons are saved! (srry for bad English)

Thanks I'll give this a try next time I edit my controls.

MXR SMILER
23-05-2015, 11:32
To exit the controller assignments screen when finished (doesn't matter if not all buttons are assigned) use the controller button with 3 lines to access options & help and then back out from there.

SM_ISO
23-05-2015, 19:55
Imma try that..been playing auto because i cant figure out changing buttons... weeee. Weird game... needs to press start to back out and save.. hihi

TheReaper GT
27-05-2015, 16:17
Forza does it too, i think it's for better wheel management.