PDA

View Full Version : disqualified. hit opponent?

Stewpot
22-05-2015, 21:16
Hi, how can I get disqualified if I'm sliding sideway and backwards in the wet and I get hit in the side by an opponent?

KID--A
22-05-2015, 21:22
because video games.

apexatspeed
22-05-2015, 21:24
Hi, how can I get disqualified if I'm sliding sideway and backwards in the wet and I get hit in the side by an opponent?

They disqualify you if you are moving backwards and hit someone. I assume it was designed to prevent people from driving backwards and running into people. It can end up screwing you if you are rolling backwards and get slammed by someone.

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 21:55

It's happened to me too, it's part of the game. caca happens

Stewpot
22-05-2015, 21:58
I correct myself, I had slid off and was rejoining the race track when someone else slammed into the side of me,

apexatspeed
23-05-2015, 01:06
I correct myself, I had slid off and was rejoining the race track when someone else slammed into the side of me,

You were probably sliding against the normal track direction. Then again everything else has glitches so maybe you just got hit from the side and got DQ'd.

mbc0
24-05-2015, 09:56
I just got this too at Croft, was leading by 5 seconds and got my rear wheel on the dirt, had slid and spun 360 degrees to a stop, I was just about to get going again then got hit by the 2nd place driver and I got disqualified! surely there is a way to identify this in the game?

GTP_Monkey
24-05-2015, 15:29
because video games.

Errrr its supposed to be a sim

madmax2069
24-05-2015, 16:28

Which is still a video game regardless of how you look at it.

Praggia
25-05-2015, 07:39
Head on collisions I have noticed are treated as a serious offence in this game lol. It also depends on the severity of the impact. Happened to me twice.
Anyone else notice how when you have engine failure there is smoke when viewed from the chase cam. But when watching the replay there is nothing.

mbc0
25-05-2015, 08:59

That response makes no sense whatsoever!

RedDave84
25-05-2015, 10:31
You mean you just drove back on to the track in an unsafe place without looking, causing an accident, and you got disqualified? Who would have thought?

mbc0
25-05-2015, 10:38
You mean you just drove back on to the track in an unsafe place without looking, causing an accident, and you got disqualified? Who would have thought?

At what point did I say I was "off" the track? I span ON the track! so there was no point where I rejoined the track!

RedDave84
25-05-2015, 10:47
At what point did I say I was "off" the track? I span ON the track! so there was no point where I rejoined the track!

I was addressing the op, hence why i didn't quote you. If you're interested, he claims to have slid off in post #5.

Stewpot
25-05-2015, 11:54
no
I had slid off, and had turned around when the next guy slammed into the side of me, I will have to check the replay but I don't think I was on the track, and I did not cause an accident,

Essobie
30-07-2015, 05:11
Came here to post about this issue. None of how the collision DQ works well enough for it to be a thing. I just lost control in a 36 lap race in MP due to a bit of tire wear and the guy behind me barely nicked my front end but he was at speed coming into the corner. It seems like the algorithm for deciding to DQ someone is to 1) did an impact occur on your front end and 2) was the total velocity of the impact over some set amount.

Unfortunately this doesn't take into account the fact that I was barely moving, nor does it take into account me actually damaging another car (the other guy barely took any aero damage on his end).

You can't actually stop jerks from ruining a race. You CAN however prevent normal racing incidents from ruining a race.

There should at least be a separation of "Penalties" for server setup so that you can disable disqualifications separate from removing blue flags and/or cut track penalties. At least that way my league can get rid of the things we self police (flags and dqs) and keep the things we need (blue flags).

TrevorAustin
30-07-2015, 06:11

You absolutely shouldn't have rejoined onto the racing line when other cars are headung towards you.

TrevorAustin
30-07-2015, 06:13

Yes, you're faukt would have happened irl too.

Psychomatrix
30-07-2015, 06:35
Best it to deactivate the flags and rules option. It make no sense because blue flags didn't work right and tracklimits are maybe for hotlaps ok when you alone on track. Then the ai push you sometimes out of the tracklimits or when you been overlapped you been penalized because you was gentle and give the lmp cars room. on some circuit you been penalized for touching with one wheel the curbs. The best is really to deactivate that option before you're a endurance race starts. Dsq after 1 hour for pushing out of the track or because tracklimits, they are far from real motorracing, is more then frustrating.

Essobie
30-07-2015, 12:42
You absolutely shouldn't have rejoined onto the racing line when other cars are headung towards you.

This is all irrelevant to the topic. DQs can occur due to impacts that are in no way intentional and that do not disable other cars. If the code that decides that you get DQed for stuff that doesn't make any sense, it should be altered or removed. Or allowed to optionally disabled by users that don't need it ruining people's good time.

Why is everyone just throwing up their hands and saying, "welp, you must have done something ELSE wrong and that is why you deserved to get DQed!" Is this just typical blame the victim mentality or something?

Skrillex
31-07-2015, 04:13
Hi, how can I get disqualified if I'm sliding sideway and backwards in the wet and I get hit in the side by an opponent?. The same way I get slammed into from behind forced off the track yet I am the one who gets an invalid time for this and next lap. Eventually issues like that will get fixed I have faith in SMS. In what is an overall awesome game those are minor annoyances.

wyldanimal
31-07-2015, 04:56
I've had it happen In Qualifying.

On Monza.. during an On-line race.
After setting the fastest lap, I drove off track after the front straight and parked by one of the Blockades.
I was pretty much nose against it..
about 30 seconds left in the session.

Some one Came Flying in from behind and Deliberately Nailed me, I got DQ'd for a causing a Collision.
I was sitting Still, Brakes on, against the blockade.

the guy who hit me, was the one with the 2nd fastest time, and after my DQ, he had 1st, and I started in 16th.

Skrillex
31-07-2015, 05:30

After setting the fastest lap, I drove off track after the front straight and parked by one of the Blockades.

Some one Came Flying in from behind and Deliberately Nailed me, I got DQ'd for a causing a Collision.

the guy who hit me, was the one with the 2nd fastest time, and after my DQ, he had 1st, and I started in 16th.

That's just wrong on so many levels. That's when you just hope to a higher power that karma comes back to bite that person in the a$$

Fanapryde
31-07-2015, 06:39
. The same way I get slammed into from behind forced off the track yet I am the one who gets an invalid time for this and next lap. Eventually issues like that will get fixed I have faith in SMS. In what is an overall awesome game those are minor annoyances.
I have had this happen several times in the WEC endurance races which led to a DSQ.
I would love a decent penalty system, but getting DSQ'd for no reason after hours and hours into an endurance race is not what should happen.
So, for the 24hr races, I disable penalties (should not have to be like that)...

syrious3000
01-08-2015, 11:12
Experienced the same as described by some people here..

Lost traction which turned me on the track to wrong direction...after getting to stop I was hit by opponent and instantly disqualified.
However, thats just one of many faulty penalties in pcars.

Skrillex
02-08-2015, 21:03
So, for the 24hr races, I disable penalties (should not have to be like that)...

I wonder if that's how some of these people get those rediculously fast time trial times? Maybe not.... Just a thought lol

Fanapryde
02-08-2015, 21:08
I wonder if that's how some of these people get those rediculously fast time trial times? Maybe not.... Just a thought lol
I don't think disabling penalties works for TT's.

madmax2069
02-08-2015, 21:19

Skrillex
02-08-2015, 22:54

Lol I was just being a smart a$$. I like that post though that was good

bigair199
03-08-2015, 19:03
Has anyone gotten slammed in the ass so hard at the start when taking off that your car flew into the air, landed facing the wrong direction, gets hit in the front end by an on-coming car and you get disqualified?
Had someone in an Audi R8 hit me from behind so fast and hard on take off that my car flew into the air after hitting the car in front of me, I landed facing on-coming traffic and it DQ'd me when they hit me head on. lmao I'm still trying to figure out how he hit me that hard because he was the car directly behind me, so its not like he was 5 positions back and I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

QPRLad
06-08-2015, 12:25

Maybe its different online but in career mode I was DQed when I tried to rejoin after i had spun off and hit a car (my bad) but my time wasn't taken off and still started 1st on the Grid.

QPRLad
06-08-2015, 12:35
I also think in this thread people are experiencing different things, If you are trying to steer into a slide to straighten up and end up loosing it but happen to hit a car while still steering or braking, you are deemed to have hit them as that is the way you are steering/accelerating/braking. Also with the being hit off the track, it happens but the DQ and time penalty happen when you try to re join to quickly. It's probably hard to sort out the coding for it to deem who hit who on purpose. If you ever watch motor sport, if someone is facing the wrong way, they wont just spin the rears and spin it around while everyone else is flying past. They wait for a gap and rejoin having lost alot of time. S*&% happens.