PDA

View Full Version : Unique to this game Braking Assist problem *RESOLVED*

Proto
22-05-2015, 21:16
Hello.

My brother is 34 years old and has Cerebral Palsy. He only has mobility of his head. In spite of this, he is an avid gamer. His genre of choice is racing. Without going into unnecessary details, he uses a head-stick device in conjunction with an xbox 360/one controller to steer. The throttle trigger is taped or rubber-banded down. Racing games that have a braking assist allow him to play completely by himself. He plays other titles such as Forza Motorsports and the likes with great success. When i say great success, i literally mean jumping into multiplayer matches and giving non-disabled people some serious competition. My brother and I both watched and waited for your Project Cars title with much enthusiasm. However, the current state of the braking assist makes this title unplayable for my brother. The brake assist works perfectly right up until you hit the apex of a turn. As you hit the apex, the brake assist basically turns off, and sends him into the grass to spin out or into a barricaded wall. If the braking assist could be tweaked in such a way to remain active throughout a turn, then this title will be playable for him. This may be a shot in the dark chance, but we both desperately want for him to be able to play this game.

Being able to play games has given my brother a greater quality of life. Nothing makes me happier than to see my brother thrilled and excited about them.

btw, if anyone wants to play with him, his gamertag is XXXMICAH24XXX

UPDATE 10/23/15: This issue has been resolved for our situation per one of the latest patches. Whether this thread directly or indirectly resulted in the braking assist update we are both very very grateful for this!! Thank you guys!!

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 21:26
:(
I really hope your brother can find a way to play the game properly and get the fun out of it that the game contains. The head of the studio is very active in this forum, l'm sure he will read this, also the Mods and WMD members have been very helpful.
I would really like to help, though, but l cant.

LADY GEMMA JANE
22-05-2015, 21:28
I will add him to my friends list
god bless

gds1972
22-05-2015, 21:56
I hope the developers can do something to help.

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 21:57
Hello.

My brother is 34 years old and has Cerebral Palsy. He only has mobility of his head. In spite of this, he is an avid gamer. His genre of choice is racing. Without going into unnecessary details, he uses a head-stick device in conjunction with an xbox 360/one controller to steer. The throttle trigger is taped or rubber-banded down. Racing games that have a braking assist allow him to play completely by himself. He plays other titles such as Forza Motorsports and the likes with great success. When i say great success, i literally mean jumping into multiplayer matches and giving non-disabled people some serious competition. My brother and I both watched and waited for your Project Cars title with much enthusiasm. However, the current state of the braking assist makes this title unplayable for my brother. The brake assist works perfectly right up until you hit the apex of a turn. As you hit the apex, the brake assist basically turns off, and sends him into the grass to spin out or into a barricaded wall. If the braking assist could be tweaked in such a way to remain active throughout a turn, then this title will be playable for him. This may be a shot in the dark chance, but we both desperately want for him to be able to play this game.

Being able to play games has given my brother a greater quality of life. Nothing makes me happier than to see my brother thrilled and excited about them.

btw, if anyone wants to play with him, his gamertag is XXXMICAH24XXX

Mods, pass to the team please.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 22:07

Told ya ;)
Everyone gets a little love in here.

onimoD
22-05-2015, 22:42
I will add him to my friends list
god bless

Just be wary of trying to pass him on the outside of a turn. ;)

Beagle Five
22-05-2015, 22:50
Your brother is amazing!
I wish some very smart person could build some sort of controller for him so he can use throttle and brakes.
But cant you assign throttle to up on the left analogue stick and brakes on down and he can do it all on that stick!?! :)

Proto
22-05-2015, 23:51

:glee: Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

RomKnight
23-05-2015, 00:03
Hopefully in a near future and VR something can enhance your brother's experience further.

What an example!

Proto
24-05-2015, 05:50
Your brother is amazing!
I wish some very smart person could build some sort of controller for him so he can use throttle and brakes.
But cant you assign throttle to up on the left analogue stick and brakes on down and he can do it all on that stick!?! :)
There are options for disabled controllers. The only problem though is the price.........extremely expensive, and for how he plays and what he plays, his current setup works great. We've had a cupped cast made around the left analog stick. He slips his headstick into it and steers. I wish i could explain how good he is. If you ever ran across him in Forza or Burnout, you'd never know he was disabled!

Proto
24-05-2015, 05:55
Hopefully in a near future and VR something can enhance your brother's experience further.

What an example!

I'm very excited about the potential of VR. I have an oculus DK2 on my gaming PC, and there are a few games that only require headmovements to play like Vanguard V. He's tried these and loves them. He's always begging to come over to my house and play with it and other racing titles i have on my PC. He told me it was hard going back to his xbox after playing Asseta Corsa and Grid Autosport on 1440p at 144hz g-sync with 2 780 ti's, lol.

Mowzer
24-05-2015, 05:57
I hope you can get something sorted mate ;).

Proto
23-10-2015, 18:31
Bump to an old thread. Just wanted to pop in here and say that this braking issue has been resolved for our situation!!! Thanks to one of the recent patches. My brother called me over to come check him out racing because he can now do so! Thank you guys! Whether this thread directly or indirectly resulted in this solution, i am grateful for this.

:) :) :) :) :) :)