PDA

View Full Version : [Consoles] More groups / filtering on Leaderboards

Ma5hEd
22-05-2015, 21:21
I've been running some laps around Watkins Glen GP in GT3 cars as it's a new track to me.

Is there any way to view leaderboards for specific classes of cars?

All i see are these very basic options :- Road, Openwheel, Prototype, Touring, Stock Car, GT.

My GT3 time is currently on the GT leaderboard at 105th, which is 14th for the GT3 class. All the other cars above are GT1X and a couple of Trans-Am's.

Now i've set a time in GT3, any laps i run in lower class GT cars will never show. Once i put a time on the board in a GT1X car there will be no point hot lapping in the other GT classes (GT3, GT4, GT5, GR4, GR5, Trans-Am, GT Historic).

Are the leaderboards this basic for all versions of Project CARS? or is it just XB1 that got very limited version of Time Trials?

Also, where is the option to view friends only on the leaderboard? This is a massive part of time trials for me on every other racing game i've played.

JessicaWalter
22-05-2015, 21:26
nah ps4 has that also. my bmw 320 turbo times are going up against pagani zondas and trans am, etc.

i hope they give us some "sort" or filter options in an update eventually.

Ma5hEd
23-05-2015, 09:09
nah ps4 has that also. my bmw 320 turbo times are going up against pagani zondas and trans am, etc.

i hope they give us some "sort" or filter options in an update eventually.

Thanks, hopefully they create a separate leaderboard for each sub class of cars on both consoles ASAP.

BorisTheFrog
23-05-2015, 09:13
The PC has time trial leaderboards for each individual car. A bit strange when you consider that the XB1 version of cars was supposed to be a direct port from PC.

lollygag
23-05-2015, 09:15
Web leaderboards http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/

Pressure Drop
23-05-2015, 09:57
I would love to have Friend Leaderboards too at some point! It's the main place I go to for competition among my friends list :)

Ma5hEd
23-05-2015, 09:58

Something like that for XBox would be good until its added to the game.

Elmo
27-05-2015, 19:20
If I recall it correctly we are a bit limited on the number of leaderboards on consoles, hence we had to put more cars in the same group. I move this thread to post release suggestions, so the devs can have a look at possible improvements.

chakkerz101
22-06-2015, 12:40
Yeh, it's very frustrating having to trawl through all the leaderboards to try and find the first car of a specific type to try and compete against, so you can use their ghost as a guide. And really, it's kind of a bum deal for the person with the fastest time for a Formula Rookie car, say, being classed as 142nd or whatever when against other classes of cars. There really should be a separate board for each car on a track. And yes, having a friends leaderboard would be fantastic. Those are times the average user tends to care about as well. Seeing their mates times and trying to beat them. Really hope these things get implemented soon. They are usually a standard staple of the driving game.

ssijak
23-06-2015, 12:37

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=697498609&vehicle=1161219858

Good top time xD

Fert
13-08-2015, 09:24
What I find frustrating as an xbox user is Im currently have the second fastest time on a track in the gulf. Now if I try to put a time down in a formula A then my gulf time will be wiped off the leaderboard.This is ridiculous

TexasTyme214
15-08-2015, 13:28
Would it be possible to see the most popular classes online, then change the time trials to those six or seven classes? This idea would still alienate many classes of course. However, more DLC could bring new classes.

miagi
15-08-2015, 13:35
Would it be possible to see the most popular classes online, then change the time trials to those six or seven classes? This idea would still alienate many classes of course. However, more DLC could bring new classes.
What? The number of leaderboards on consoles is limited. So either put more cars into one board or quite a lot of cars will not have a leaderboard.