PDA

View Full Version : Ayrton Senna Memorial Racing Club

Beatminister
22-05-2015, 22:39
Hello, Project Cars racers of all nations!

Welcome to the Ayrton Senna Memorial Racing Club, a place for people who want fair, clean and realistic online racing. Many of us are dissapointed about the mindless behaviour in many publicly accessable online races, and their monotony in track and car choices.

Some may think its pathetic to call this little club "Ayrton Senna Memorial Racing Club". But in my opinion he was one of the greatest racing talents of all times and a great guy, too. He deserves to be remembered by anyone who is into motor sports, in what ever way.

Now let me outline the concept I have in mind to create realistic (up to a point) and entertaining online racing sessions:

1. How to take part
Racers can join a private lobby by accepting the invite they receive via the PSN friends invite system. So please "apply" by posting in this thread, telling your PSN name, and perhaps what you think of this idea, about your racing history, whatever you want. I will then send you a friend request and after you accept, the invites to the event. I cannot guarantee a fixed frequence of events. Perhaps we can talk here about when the most people have time to race, as well as to prepare for it. Over time we may establish trustworthy members who can also stage events of a similar concept.

2. The events
Every event will be announce at least 48 hours before the start, in this thread.
The announcenent will include the track and vehicle being used there. This should be enough time to learn the track, and if wanted to work on the car setup. Due to the multitude of cars and tracks it can be annying to get thrown into a race without preparation. This should be avoided by the above rule, and give all drivers a chance to be competetive.

3. The event structure
Each event should have the following elements:
-A short (10-15min perhaps) practice, to get into "driving mode" and may be have a little chat.
-One qualifying run, long enough to complete 3 timed rounds. The time for that depends on the track length.
-The race. The race distance should be around 100km, thats 20-25 laps on a average GP track. Depending on the nature of the race
perhaps being divided into two stints.
-Champaigne shower.
The aim is to keep the whole show inside 90 minutes, before the concentration is gone and the bum starts hurting.

4. Realism
As much as possible. No AI drivers as fillers. No race line, corner warnings (useless anyway), ABS, TCS or whatever. Realistic fuel usage and tire wear. Realistic damage. Only mechanical failure stays off, thats just a gamble. Flags and rules apply.

Well, thats about it for now. Please tell me what you think about my idea, if you have suggestions, and let me know if you want to take part. And have a nice weekend.

And now lets us pray for some bug-fixed.

PureMalt77
22-05-2015, 23:30
Nice words!
I love throwing in some laps in the Lotus 98T, where he won his first GP in Estoril '85. The car is so "hard" to drive comparing to the modern Formula A ones, 900 BHP of pure machine, no F*** electronics, just pure driving...

I'm also on PS4 + T300RS, and just ordered the H-Shifter and 3 Pedals, to be even more realistic!

Good timing to remember Senna, 6 wins at Monaco GP is still his record to beat!

Puremalt77 is my PSN ID, maybe we race together someday!!!

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.
Ayrton Senna

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 23:47
I'm sure you meant THE greatest racer and person in motorsports :)
I would definitely participate in your races, l'm always up for a change of pace (tired of GT3 and popular tracks).
It only depends on the day of the events.

Cheers!

tmnalle76
23-05-2015, 02:27
1 sory my english...:)
my user name is tmnalle76 on ps4 im from Findland. i like the have cleen put hart racing...not demolison dorby everybuddy crashing...clean racing! im in if posiple..?
i have wheel t300rs.

tmnalle76
23-05-2015, 03:05
Finland not from Findlan:))

Pink_650S
23-05-2015, 03:12
I added you tmnalle :)

Nevals
23-05-2015, 07:47
PSN: Nevals_zgb

PureMalt77
23-05-2015, 08:05
I'm sure you meant THE greatest racer and person in motorsports :)
I would definitely participate in your races, l'm always up for a change of pace (tired of GT3 and popular tracks).
It only depends on the day of the events.

Cheers!

Coincidence, I'm also in Stuttgart!

Andy Mitchell
23-05-2015, 11:45
I would like to race with you guys. I'm only an average racer but I play fair.
PSN: Drudges
If you send friend request please mention you are from this Senna group so I know who I'm accepting.
Cheers

Beatminister
23-05-2015, 13:11
Thank you all for the great response to my suggestion!

Ill send out friend requests to all of you soon. Of course Im aware that we can only have 16 drivers in a session on the PS4. Its well possible that I send invites for a session to more than 16 people. I guess there are always people among them who dont have time to race. Otherwise its "first comes, first served". Of course someone can start another private session and invite people, but it would make sense to do this with the same track, car and rules that were announced, because people did practise for that.
Talking about rules... The rules in my initial post are meant to be a frame fork only. The goal of the entire exercise is, to get some fun and fair racing. If a rule proves to be counterproductive for this, we can always talk about changing it. For example after sleeping over it, I think we better dont apply the realistic damage rule, at least to begin with. Despite everybody trying to drive cleanly, its too easy to miss a braking point and ram someone, especially in the early stages of a race. If that results in a DNF already, its kind of annoying for the innocent driver. Just a thought...

One other thing is a request to all of you to give me a idea what would be the best time for a event. I know this will vary a lot for each of us, for one its more conveniant on weekends for another during the week, daytimes or evenings, and on top of all we may live in different time zones.
So please tell me your preferences, then perhaps we can find a acceptable compromise.

Some personal remarks:
@ Pure Malt:
I dont know if clutch and gear stick are really helping, but it looks cool anyway. And cost a lot of money.

@Pink 650S:
Im always careful with terms like "THE best, THE greatest" ect. Over time there have been other outstanding drivers as well, like M. Schumacher for example. Fame and tragedy can be so close together.

@tmnalle76:
A race driver from Finland? I dont know if we should let you take part... you guys are just too good. Must be coming from driving on snow and ice all the time.
He, he, just joking ;)
Of course you are welcome!

Pink_650S
23-05-2015, 14:42
Mondays could be difficult for me.

PureMalt77
23-05-2015, 15:41
I'm out of town during the week, therefore I'm more of a weekend racer... Friday evenings or weekend...

Andy Mitchell
23-05-2015, 22:28
I am from the UK. Friday night 8pm or 9pm starts suit me best but I will try my best to attend any event.

Beatminister
24-05-2015, 10:03
Looks like we have a tendency to Friday evenings so far, but Id like to hear some more opinions. However, lets keep that in view for now. That would mean, announcement on Wednesday evening, event on Friday evening 19:00 GMT (21:00 MEST).

My god... all the pressure and responsibility... I start feeling like Bernie Ekklestone. Without the earning millions part, though. :D

@Andy:
If you feel you can control the car without a wheel, I dont mind. Id like a good seat, too, but dont have the money nor the space for it.

Andy Mitchell
24-05-2015, 12:24
I have just recently got myself a playseat evolution, I can't afford the wheel I want till end of next month. I'm coping with the controller but I should be a lot smoother when got the wheel.

hanschuit
26-05-2015, 16:58
Hello, I would love to join the club. Always been a fan of Senna.

My psn id = hanchi

I'm from holland 32 years old and a clean racer.

Beatminister
26-05-2015, 17:58
Roger that.

Wheelzr
26-05-2015, 19:16
Can't say I'll always be available, but I'd like to take part in this. It's been difficult to find people to lobby up with. I'm on the east coast and often on around midnight EST. PSN: Wheelzr

Beatminister
27-05-2015, 13:47
Ayrton Senna Memorial Racing Club
announces:

Friday, Mai 29th 2015

Days of Thunder

in

Watkins Glen International (Short Course), NY, USA

featuring the

Ford Mustang Cobra TransAm

Event start: 19.00h GMT (21.00h MEST)
1. Qualifying - 10 min.
2. Race - 25 laps - 101,5km (flying start)

Track and car are not too difficult, yet demanding.
Have fun practising, hope to see you all on friday in Watkins Glen!

Play fair, on and outside the track!

Truback
27-05-2015, 14:40
My name is Eduardo Vieira, I am Brazilian from Rio de Janeiro and I am very happy with his initiative.
I am very eager to meet them on the slopes. Ayrton Senna's eternal fan my countryman is an example of life!!!

My Psn Id: Truback

Truback
27-05-2015, 20:24
this time is in Germany ? 19:00h?

Wheelzr
27-05-2015, 20:32
announces:

Friday, Mai 29th 2015

Days of Thunder

in

Watkins Glen International (Short Course), NY, USA

featuring the

Ford Mustang Cobra TransAm

Event start: 19.00h GMT (21.00h MEST)
1. Qualifying - 10 min.
2. Race - 25 laps - 101,5km (flying start)

Track and car are not too difficult, yet demanding.
Have fun practising, hope to see you all on friday in Watkins Glen!

Looks like fun, I'll have to miss it though. I'll still be at work 3pm on Friday EST.

Beatminister
27-05-2015, 21:50
Well, I kind of expected these problems to come up, and there is nothing I can do about it really. If I start the race when its evening in the Americas, its the middle of the night in Europe and the people here wont participate. And I am tired. Sorry about that. As I said earlier on, everybody is free to start his own lobby and invite people. I will send out invites to all anyway, so who wants to race then can do so.

Wheelzr
27-05-2015, 22:06
Well, I kind of expected these problems to come up, and there is nothing I can do about it really. If I start the race when its evening in the Americas, its the middle of the night in Europe and the people here wont participate. And I am tired. Sorry about that. As I said earlier on, everybody is free to start his own lobby and invite people. I will send out invites to all anyway, so who wants to race then can do so.

Ah sorry friend, I didn't mean to come off as upset about the time :)

Just happy to have a few psn friend invites, thanks for starting this up.

TrevorAustin
27-05-2015, 22:25
Ah sorry friend, I didn't mean to come off as upset about the time :)

Just happy to have a few psn friend invites, thanks for starting this up.

While i love the idea and senna is my all time hero, isn't setting up.a clean racing league in his name just a little ironic? :)

Wheelzr
27-05-2015, 23:13
While i love the idea and senna is my all time hero, isn't setting up.a clean racing league in his name just a little ironic? :)

There should be a rule that allows 1st place to have total impunity on their race line...even if it's side swiping a clean pass.

Beatminister
28-05-2015, 10:14

Well, in Sennas days there was a lot of bitching going on in the F1, it was part of the show. The days of the gentleman drivers, where they all met for some drinks the night before the race so everybody had a equal hangover next morning, were over then.
For me, clean racing doesn`t mean that you can never ever block someone or never come in contact with another car, thats inevitable and part of racing. Playing dirty means stuff like pit maneuvers, leaning to a car in a turn intentionally, or driving into someones back before a turn, such things. Thats foul play for me - normal mistakes can happen to everybody, thats racing.

Truback
28-05-2015, 13:43
I'm out of town during the week, therefore I'm more of a weekend racer... Friday evenings or weekend...

Weekend is the best for me too!

sparkymarky
28-05-2015, 15:33
psn mchief22 I'd be happy to get in some clean racing pls feel free to send me an invite.

Beatminister
28-05-2015, 16:57
Notice:

Due to the tank like horrible view from the Mustangs cockpit, the choice of camera will be left open to each driver.

Truback
28-05-2015, 17:19
Looks like we have a tendency to Friday evenings so far, but Id like to hear some more opinions. However, lets keep that in view for now. That would mean, announcement on Wednesday evening, event on Friday evening 19:00 GMT (21:00 MEST).

My god... all the pressure and responsibility... I start feeling like Bernie Ekklestone. Without the earning millions part, though. :D

@Andy:
If you feel you can control the car without a wheel, I dont mind. Id like a good seat, too, but dont have the money nor the space for it.

Please try to organize some events on weekends too. Here in Brazil We're five hours behind the schedule this 'm at work !!!

Respectfully,
Eduardo

Beatminister
28-05-2015, 19:25
Yes, Ill think about it. What comes to mind is to repeat the event on saturday evening. But that would still be early in Brazil or the USA. The starting time now is 21:00h german time, if I start it for 19:00h brasilian time it would be midnight here already. I dont know if Im fit enough then. :)

Pink_650S
29-05-2015, 07:39
Btw Beatminister, add me on PSN?
ID in my signature :)

Beatminister
29-05-2015, 08:50
Btw Beatminister, add me on PSN?
ID in my signature :)

Already done, Ma'am. :)
See you on the track tonight!

Pink_650S
29-05-2015, 09:21
Oops! :o
Tonight? :eek:

Beatminister
29-05-2015, 09:34
Oops! :o
Tonight? :eek:

Yes, tonight, as announced. But I may do a repeat tomorrow night, for those who dont have time today.

dave64
29-05-2015, 09:45
add me please psn - bmw64black

Andy Mitchell
29-05-2015, 15:43
Yes, tonight, as announced. But I may do a repeat tomorrow night, for those who dont have time today.

I should be able to make the one tomorrow if you run that one mate. I have agreed to do another race tonight.

Truback
29-05-2015, 18:05

Friend, you could organize a few races on Saturday or Sunday ? any time is good for me.
A big hug @beatminister

PureMalt77
29-05-2015, 18:26
I'm in... did some practice just now, I think my lap times are terrible, did not yet adjusted myself to this type of car, not my preferred choice!
But will be fun, even if I end up last :roll eyes:

Hanchi
29-05-2015, 18:39
i want to join to please. add me HANCHI

Hanchi
29-05-2015, 19:50
well that was fun! next time more racers it'll be even nicer!

Beatminister
29-05-2015, 19:50
Sorry guys, PS4 crashed in lap 20 or so. I have no idea why it was so dark either, I set it to 15:00h. My car setup was a mess, too, had nothing to do with what I worked out.
But thank you all for coming in, anyway. We live and learn, don`t we... I hope it works better next time.
I think I try again tomorrow night, same time. But for today I have enough :)

PureMalt77
29-05-2015, 20:15
so, big thx to Beatminister for organizing it. Pity we were only 4 at start...
was kind of "dark" at the track!

I had to do a forced pit-stop because did not load fuel enough!
after coming back, I crashed an "invisible obstacle" right after the first corner on lap 21, and the FFB was all gone. Anyway, one of the bugs which I expect to be solved someday!

Beatminister
29-05-2015, 20:36
so, big thx to Beatminister for organizing it. Pity we were only 4 at start...
was kind of "dark" at the track!

I had to do a forced pit-stop because did not load fuel enough!
after coming back, I crashed an "invisible obstacle" right after the first corner on lap 21, and the FFB was all gone. Anyway, one of the bugs which I expect to be solved someday!

Thats called the land mine bug, I had that before, too. I hope they solve all those bugs soon, not just someday. With the setups its a pain as well, some things get saved some not. I tried to get fuel out of the car, for the qualifying, but it wouldn`t let me go below 60L. The gearbox in the race was far too long, I hardly came to use 5th gear, and in the turns it was terrible. When I practiced my best time was a 1:10,955 - I doubt I made a 1:15 in the race, even in the laps I didn`t fly out. And that guy on the radio is only talking crap, too.

PureMalt77
29-05-2015, 22:00
well that was fun! next time more racers it'll be even nicer!

Congrats for the win!

PureMalt77
29-05-2015, 22:04
Thats called the land mine bug, I had that before, too. I hope they solve all those bugs soon, not just someday. With the setups its a pain as well, some things get saved some not. I tried to get fuel out of the car, for the qualifying, but it wouldn`t let me go below 60L. The gearbox in the race was far too long, I hardly came to use 5th gear, and in the turns it was terrible. When I practiced my best time was a 1:10,955 - I doubt I made a 1:15 in the race, even in the laps I didn`t fly out. And that guy on the radio is only talking crap, too.

I did around 1:09:xxx during training, and my setups did carried out to the race, where I also did similar times. My big problem was that I couldn't be constant for 25 laps, especially with the the track light at sunset, was hard to see the markings in some corners... But I fully miscalculated the fuel usage, and had to pitstop :miserable:

Oh, and from what I followed, you did manage faster than 1:15 :)

Pink_650S
30-05-2015, 07:59
Sorry l couldnt join guys.
I was very tired :( Next time hopefully!

PureMalt77
30-05-2015, 09:11
Shouldn't this thread be moved under "PS4 - Multiplayer Event Planning" ?
Maybe would give more visibility and attract other players...
I can text a moderator if you like...

dave64
30-05-2015, 09:39
sorry started but ps network crashed i was really looking forward to it :apologetic:

Beatminister
30-05-2015, 10:49
Hi all!
After a good nights sleep I recovered a little from yesterdays blunder, and decided to repeat the event tonight at the same time and the same conditions. Except for driving in daylight this time and using a decent setup. Ill try to work out what caused the problems, and then also hope my PS4 doesnt pack up again. So, tonight 19:00h GMT (21:00h german time).

@Hanchi: Congrats!

@PureMalt: thank you for the moral encouragement! :) I know Im not the fastest on such tracks, I never was. My special genre are the ovals. Old mens racing. :)
But I dont care, its still fun - if things work as they should. Admittedly, thats not very Senna like thinking.... :)
Yes moving the thread may be a good idea, if it fits in there better.

@Pink: tired... yeah, alright... :) May be you can manage to get less... em... tired tonight? See you on the track. :)

@Dave: never mind, a few things went wrong there. Lets try again tonight, ok?

@bmw: I saw your connection quality was fluctuating in the lobby. It dropped into the red range every now and then, but I thought it might work still. Oh, well...

Pink_650S
30-05-2015, 11:29
I might not be on tonight, but if l am, l'll join.

Are the cars and tracks set yet? :)

Hanchi
30-05-2015, 12:45
I dont have time tonight... I Will be there nexttimethough. Peace

PureMalt77
30-05-2015, 14:00
I also recommend a "fresh" start before the game. Close the pCars application (perhaps even better reboot the PS4) before starting the lobby. Could avoid crashes caused by the system running hours non-stop.

I will try to join tonight again...!!!

BSDShoes
30-05-2015, 14:07
I'm a huge Senna fan, grew up watching him along with Villeneuve, Lafitte, Lauda, Rosberg, Arnoux, Prost and Piquet. I think what you put together is cool.

HAGIE-GT
30-05-2015, 17:51
Please add me Psn is HAGIE-GT
I'm an clean racer and a long history of playing gran turismo 1-6

Pink_650S
30-05-2015, 18:24
Hey guys, l cant be there tonight, sorry :(
Hope you're having a nice race!

PureMalt77
30-05-2015, 20:21
Hey guys, l cant be there tonight, sorry :(
Hope you're having a nice race!

Thx! At the end me and Beatminister had to do a duet race as we were alone...
But its alright, more will come.

Bealdor
30-05-2015, 21:09
Moved to Multiplayer Event Planning subforum.

shoyy
31-05-2015, 12:15
Hi there Brazillian here and nice to see Ayrton Senna name in a thread.
It is very frustating trying to race in general Lobby.

Please add me: dedebnu
Reguraly plays every night

Beatminister
31-05-2015, 22:12
announces:

A tribute to Ayrton Senna da Silva

Taming the Beast

in

Spa Francochamps, Belgium

featuring the

Lotus Renault 98T

Date and time not confirmed yet, but propably more than 2 days from now
1. Qualifying - 15 min.
2. Race - 20 laps - 140km (grid start)

Everybody knows Spa, I guess, at least a little bit. So you should have no problems to find your way around fairly quickly.
And the car is a oldtimer from 1986, with only 1500cc. How hard can that be...
Its exactly the car Senna drove in his 86` season in the Formula 1. He made second place with it in Spa.
I would be really happy about the second place - I guess he wasnt.
Nigel Mansell won, and his fastest lap was a 1:54.xxx, just to give you some idea of what to aim for. :)

This will need some practice, so lets negotiate here in the thread about the date and time of the event.
Have fun with the beast! ;)

Pink_650S
01-06-2015, 08:48
Good stuff! :)

PureMalt77
01-06-2015, 10:04
I'm jealous, I would LOVE to join this race... But I'm booked for this "long weekend"... I guess my PS4 will only see me again on the 12th June.
But I'm sure it will not be the last time we will race with the 98T. Great choice, both car and track...

For who's racing, wish you guys lots of fun!

Beatminister
01-06-2015, 10:19
I'm jealous, I would LOVE to join this race... But I'm booked for this "long weekend"... I guess my PS4 will only see me again on the 12th June.
But I'm sure it will not be the last time we will race with the 98T. Great choice, both car and track...

For who's racing, wish you guys lots of fun!

Obrigado for the great tip on the car! I couldn`t believe it when I tried it out! First it feels like a Opel Astra on tracks - but when the turbo kicks in, oh my god! The track had to be something long and fast, on a track like Monaco it would be total madness.

To bad you are not around for a while. But we`ll see each other again, Im sure.
Have a good time, amigo!

Truback
01-06-2015, 13:00
Thank you . Saturday the 21 hours would be perfect.

PureMalt77
02-06-2015, 09:01
De nada!
But "feel like Opel Astra", I guess only until the car reaches 1000RPM :p
The turbo is the big thing, and the noise... Play with some loud ear phones, then search for some cockpit laps on Youtube... Is amazingly real!

@Truback: bem vindo!

Pink_650S
02-06-2015, 09:02
So, any plans for the day and the time of the event? :)

Beatminister
02-06-2015, 10:20
De nada!
But "feel like Opel Astra", I guess only until the car reaches 1000RPM :p
The turbo is the big thing, and the noise... Play with some loud ear phones, then search for some cockpit laps on Youtube... Is amazingly real!

Yeah, thats some car... I really thought it drives like a Astra when I came on the track the first time, because I have not driven in Spa for 15 years so I was extra careful. You can actually rev the engine higher without engaging the turbo, as long as you dont press the excelerator into the last quarter. Of course it excelerates slowly then and is absolutely stabile on the road.
When I came around the hairpin to the finishing straight, I thought lets gather some momentum for the Eau Rouge, and put my foot down - holy crap! It almost lifted the nose into the air and shot forward like fired from a cannon! Then I noticed you control the turbo with the excelerator as well, it shows on the pressure gauge on the dash. But now I really like the car, it handles quiet well once you know how it works. And I dont know if you, or anybody else, has noticed - even the mirrors start flapping from the wind when you drive fast. Really cute. :D
Well, the sound comes over the stereo and big speakers here, so the neighbours can enjoy it, too. :) The 98T sounds pretty good, but my favourites are the big american V8s.

@Truback: OK, lets wait for some more suggestions.

PS: Did you all hear? A huge bugfix/update is coming out soon! See the official announcment on the main page.

Beatminister
04-06-2015, 14:58
Since nobody made any other suggestion for the date of the Spa race, lets stick with Truback`s request: so its Saturday, June 6th, 21:00h german time (19:00h GMT)

I`m a bit busy at the moment, too. Tomorrow I expect the delivery of a PlaySeat Evolution, with seat slider and gearstick mount for the TH8A that was delivered already. The 3 pedal sets from Thrustmaster are not in stock anywhere at the moment, so it will have to wait.
Also, the prices for Thrustmaster wheels, especially the T300, and accessories, as well as for Playseats are currently rising. I think the release of PCars had quiet an impact on the otherwise limited marked for such items. Everybody who wants (needs) to buy such things now, should carefully compare prices of the various outlets. Without that, you can easily spend 100+ bucks more for the set.

Well, I hope to get all my stuff set up till saturday evening.
See you in Spa then, to ride the beast. :)

PureMalt77
08-06-2015, 17:12
So guys, how was it in Spa ? ;)

Beatminister
08-06-2015, 17:54
So guys, how was it in Spa ? ;)

Nobody showed up. Im losing motivation a little, I must admit.
On the positive side, I now have my Playseat set up, with seatslider, gearstick and all. But the pedal position was horrible, I had to improvise quiet a lot to make them fit. I really have no idea what they were thinking when they designed this. Anyway now it really comfy to drive, like a real car.

Andy Mitchell
08-06-2015, 18:01
Sorry man Iv had a few things going on around me at the moment and havnt been able to comit to a race this week. If you set another date for this event I will try my best to be there because I love spa and F1 cars.

Truback
08-06-2015, 20:47
On the positive side, I now have my Playseat set up, with seatslider, gearstick and all. But the pedal position was horrible, I had to improvise quiet a lot to make them fit. I really have no idea what they were thinking when they designed this. Anyway now it really comfy to drive, like a real car.

Dear Beatminister, sadly realized That event NOT happened . however ran some laps together this last week , I hope you have fun.

Eduardo

Pink_650S
08-06-2015, 21:35
l think you need to get some more people to join the event. Because l dont feel like racing with 2 or 3 people, l'm afraid to say.

Andy Mitchell
09-06-2015, 08:37

Stick with it man. But at the same time don't burn yourself out on it. I know how that feels after running a FIFA club.

Beatminister
09-06-2015, 11:29
Ok, then I will send out invites for the same event in the evening, until a decent race took place.

@Andy: Alright, Ill try to take it less serious from now on. ;) Btw, running a FIFA club is bound to be trouble - ask Blatter and his buddies. :)

@Truback: I did send invites to 15 people who were online at the time (20:45h), you were one of them. True, I did join a race another time. It was the usual thing: a car I didn`t know on a track I didn`t know, or only partly know. And always being last is not so much fun, even if I finish a race no matter what happens. Thats why I announce track and car in advance, when I plan a race. Btw, I only speak a few words of portuguese, so I cannot take part in parties with your brasilian friends.

@ Pink: Well, I no one tries, there will never be a bigger starting grid. I did join your invite yesterday, and it was the same thing: I didn`t know the track and never drove the Capri before. But I admit its not as bad as I expected. So I was last, once again.

Pink_650S
09-06-2015, 12:42
@ Pink: Well, I no one tries, there will never be a bigger starting grid. I did join your invite yesterday, and it was the same thing: I didn`t know the track and never drove the Capri before. But I admit its not as bad as I expected. So I was last, once again.

In that lobby were friends who were willing to practice before a championship race of ours.
The actual championship is well visited, yesterday we were full, but lost 2 drivers due to bad coincidents...
So if you want good and clean racing, you are welcomed to join :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26958-Monthly-Championship-(JUNE-2015)-PS4

Truback
09-06-2015, 13:50
Well, if there is no problem , I'll keep trying to get in a race with you .
If I'm messing up , can let me know.

A big hug,

Truback

Beatminister
09-06-2015, 15:24
Well then, why not have another try tonight? Same event as anounced, Spa with the Lotus 98, everything realistic except damage. Ill create the lobby and send invites about 20mins before 21h CEST.

Andy Mitchell
09-06-2015, 16:26
Not good with the times. I'm guessing this is 7pm UK time? I will try my best to be there.

Drudges in the house

Andy Mitchell
09-06-2015, 19:51
Good race beastminister. Bit peeved my ps4 crashed though as I was starting to get my rythem going.
I'm putting it down as an electronics failure. Better luck next time tho I guess. Love that lotus car. If u can get a championship going with that I'm in.

Andy Mitchell
09-06-2015, 19:51
Good race beastminister. Bit peeved my ps4 crashed though as I was starting to get my rythem going.
I'm putting it down as an electronics failure. Better luck next time tho I guess. Love that lotus car. If u can get a championship going with that I'm in.

Have checked online to see if others are having their ps4 crash while playing project cars and it turns out they have. See here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22777-Crash-Freeze-on-PS4&p=978056&posted=1#post978056

Liam
09-06-2015, 20:32
Looking for some clean racing on the ps4 , an add would be great!!!! BOSSMANBUCKLEY thanks

Beatminister
09-06-2015, 20:38

Have checked online to see if others are having their ps4 crash while playing project cars and it turns out they have. See here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22777-Crash-Freeze-on-PS4&p=978056&posted=1#post978056

Thanks again, Andy! Yes, I had my PS4 crash during a online race before, too. But this time it held the entire hour, finished the session properly, saved everything and all. I gives me hope. Try to see the positive side - it could have happened in lap 19...
I think I did some pretty good lap times, a 2:12.xxx in the quali, and not much more in the race. I managed to keep you 10 secs away mostly, but at times it was only 7. Im sure towards the end you could have come closer, I was getting slower then because I was really nackered. But thats also part of it, and reason why I set up races with 100+ km. Also it gives people a chance to catch up after a early mistake. There is nothing you can do inside 5 laps.
The car is really something. Extra nasty. :) But dont want to do a entire championship with it. New tracks, new cars - that way we learn about them over time.

Beatminister
09-06-2015, 21:05
Looking for some clean racing on the ps4 , an add would be great!!!! BOSSMANBUCKLEY thanks

Shure thing, Liam.

PureMalt77
10-06-2015, 09:28
I'm jealous! I hope I can join you guys again soon!

So, 2:12.xxx yeah? Good for reference, will practice when I have time!

Beatminister
10-06-2015, 10:18
I'm jealous! I hope I can join you guys again soon!

Yeah, well, still far from Mansells 1:54, but not too bad for a old man... :)
It was really exhausting, not like just "playing a game". I struggled to keep my concentration up at the end, the 20 laps took me just over 44 mins. I want to drive Nascar again... ;)

Tallahasse2015
10-06-2015, 10:26
Hello all,i am looking for some clean racing on the ps4, if you have the time an add would be greatly appreciated indeed :).allso i would love to have a few extra ps4 project cars freinds to play with some nights for some Formula a,b,c races and allso other races too.

Here is my PSN: redfox75uk

It will be nice to have races with people who appreciate the game and enjoy a nice clean race it will be a breath of fresh air for me :).

Andy Mitchell
10-06-2015, 10:32

I did a 2:10.1 in qualy and still couldn't catch the bugger in the race haha

Beatminister
10-06-2015, 10:43
I did a 2:10.1 in qualy and still couldn't catch the bugger in the race haha

Yes, you had the pole, congrats for that, btw. But in a longer race you need a steady good time, not a super time once in a while and then fly off again. Thats how I got past you, remember. A trip into the botany costs 15 -20 secs at least, and thats hard to make up for on the track, if you have to go full risk again to be 2 secs faster than me. I did learn a few things in my raceing career in the past... ;)

PureMalt77
12-06-2015, 16:38
So guys, "back in town"... and it seems its going to be a rainy weekend!
Just having my luck here playing with the new patch, but looks positive.

For fun, just took Spa + the 98T for a trial, as I know the track & car made feel comfortable. In 2nd lap around 2:08.xxx, 3rd lap 2:07:233 with standard car setup. I am too fast, or do the patch helped me here? Perhaps u guys can give a try...

So, I'm for events this weekend... How about Formula Rookie in some tracks? Find the car "level", gives no advantage. But accept pretty much anything.

PureMalt77
12-06-2015, 17:09
WOW! The FFB is IMO soooooo much better with this patch! I can really feel what the car is doing...
I'm using Jack Spades Fy-SoPLateral settings. In 5 laps managed to do 2:03:410 with Spa+98T...
I think with proper car setup we can get close to Mansell's time! My 2nd gear is very lame... :-)

Andy Mitchell
12-06-2015, 17:09
I'm working this weekend so wont be racing online, I will be just looking to chill out with some Driveclub arcade style racing.

Don't know if any of you guys have seen this video but if not its a must see in my opinion for project cars fans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDgAojJEVhA

Andy Mitchell
12-06-2015, 17:10
WOW! The FFB is IMO soooooo much better with this patch! I can really feel what the car is doing...
I'm using Jack Spades Fy-SoPLateral settings. In 5 laps managed to do 2:03:410 with Spa+98T...
I think with proper car setup we can get close to Mansell's time! My 2nd gear is very lame... :-)

I have found my laps are around 2 seconds faster after patch.

PureMalt77
12-06-2015, 19:49
So good one again!

But one more time I had zero feedback... not sure if because the game was closed when I accepted the invitation.

Congrats to Hanchi, who managed to hold his position bravely. I managed to recover and stay 3,5 sec away from you missing 4 laps, but put my wheel on the grass and that was it for me. Was pushing every lap around 2:02.xxx.
Beatminister, sorry for the incident, not sure if you spinned in front of me or if I touched you. I came out of the hairpin really fast, and tried to use the track down for speed... anyway, if was me, really really sorry... and BTW, seems your headset had a problem. I could hear you sometimes in the lobby but apparently you couldn't hear us...

CU soon again!

Beatminister
12-06-2015, 20:12
Thanks guys! Well, that was... humiliating. Yes, there was a crash at the beginning, with a blue car. You appeared so suddenly that I got startled and made a mistake, I pulled to the right to let you pass. It was the wrong side, it seems. But also later I made a couple of spinners, until I was almost a minute behind. Even in the good laps I couldnt catch up much.

The lap times are definately faster after the patch. But there are still problems: it only listed me as 3rd in the results table, 1st and 2nd place was not shown. I seen that already before the patch. Personal best is still not shown, too.
Yes, there was a problem with my headset, I hope I get that sorted again. The mic works but not the speakers. I could hear you on the big speakers, but then I have no mic.
However, at least no PS crashed this time. Its a start...

Hanchi
12-06-2015, 21:52
Yes guys it was a nice race again. didn't think i would win cause it was the standard setup and i had no practice but my mind cooperated with me again. haha.

looking forward to next time.

peace

Andy Mitchell
12-06-2015, 22:01
If you guys are interested in keeping up to date with le mans the live event can be found here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ope44tGN5BE

Beatminister
12-06-2015, 22:11
Just had a ffb failure as well, just like PureMalt. Road America with TransAm. Almost undrivable. Results table screwed up again, too.
At least the headset works again...

PureMalt77
12-06-2015, 23:00
If you guys are interested in keeping up to date with le mans the live event can be found here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ope44tGN5BE

good tip mate, but no go in germany...

PureMalt77
12-06-2015, 23:02
Just had a ffb failure as well, just like PureMalt. Road America with TransAm. Almost undrivable. Results table screwed up again, too.
At least the headset works again...

hateful isn't it? Lotus 98T without FFB is damn hard, without feeling how much the tires are spinning!!!! ;) So your lovely Ami-Monster-Cars...

Beatminister
13-06-2015, 00:13
Yes, especially if it happens suddenly. I think we need a lot more patches before we can relax...

Beatminister
13-06-2015, 22:16
Im getting the impression the game is buggier than it was before the patch. Been trying out things here and there today, and some weird stuff happend. No ffb in Imola on the track, a little bit on grass and gravel. In Suzuka I stopped on the track, turned the engine off to check out the dashboard gauges on the BMW 320, suddenly something lifted the left side of the car into the air. Then it started rolling on two wheel onto the grass and into the barrier, where it slammed back to the ground, with the matching sound and all.There must be a poltergeist in Suzuka... :)

Pink_650S
13-06-2015, 22:22
Lol, did you save a video? ;) sounds funny!

PureMalt77
24-06-2015, 12:18
Hi guys! Just to not let our little "Memorial Club" die...
I have been away in the last weeks, therefore my absence.

In parallel, I just joined the http://vrroom.org/. Got the "provisional" license and will do my 1st race this Friday, so let's see if I'm up to what they want! It's quite professional and well organized stuff, worth looking at...

But we should not stop organizing some casual races in honor of our common Idol!

Keep Racing!

Beatminister
24-06-2015, 17:38
Welcome back! I dont intend to let it die, dont worry. Just have been a bit busy myself lately, with job related things but also with improving the playseat. For one I installed a proper sports seat. No, not a Recaro... thats a bit above my budget. But a AutoStyle RS6, its much better than the original seat. If someone is looking for a original playseat seat with sliders, only a few hundred km used, like new. Please mail me.
While changing the seat, I dug out a old subwoofer amplifier and a Rockwood body shaker, its like a bass speaker that makes vibrations instead of sound, and fitted it under the seat. Now the V8 cars and driving over curbs is even more fun. :)

After end of next week I should have plenty of time again. If someone has a idea for a good track and car combination, please post it here.

PureMalt77
24-06-2015, 19:43
Welcome back too!
Look like a nice rig you are putting up! Am a bit jealous :D
Probably my neighbors would kick me off my apartment if I set up something like this...