PDA

View Full Version : Corner Cutting Thread

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 22:55
Hey everyone!

Since many people brought this topic up, l figured why not create a thread to collect corners that get abused a lot by corner cutters to gain an advantage or achieve better lap times, so the devs get a nice overview.

Now we should differ between corners that get abused intentionally (i.e. Eau Rouge) and leaving the track unintentionally without gaining an advantage, but still penalizes you (i.e. the escape route at the first chicane in Monza). Try to make the corner that you mean as clear as possible.

Keep it civil :) l'll start with naming:

Too Generous:
- Eau Rouge / Spa
- First corner (Outside) / Watkins Glen
- Last Chicane / Nürburgring GP
- Last Chicane / Catalunya
- All chicanes / 24h Le Mans
- Last Chicane / Monaco
- Last Chicane / Le Circuit Bugatti
- All Chicanes / Silverstone Stowe
- First Corner (Inside) / Hockenheim

Unnecessary Penalties
- Escape Route First Chicane / Monza
- Random Penalty for spinning on gras
- First Corner (Outside) / Hockenheim

OperatorWay
22-05-2015, 22:58
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26561-TRACK-LIMITS-LBS-TIMETRIAL-CORNER-CUTTING-CHEATING&p=931098&viewfull=1#post931098

...We did some work on the cut track code and sensitivity around release, but It missed the D1P. You'll get it in a future patch. Not sure which one.

...Would it help if spots were noted and pictures supplied of the areas that are bad?

The change I'm talking about is game wide and will affect the detection at every track, so hopefully the bulk of the bad ones will just go away. So its fine to report what you want now, but after the patch that includes this (again I don't know which one), is when it would be more important.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 23:04
Well thanks, but other than the word "cutting", these threads dont have a lot in common.

DayGlow
22-05-2015, 23:22
Really there should be no penalty for going wide off a corner because there is no advantage as it's the longest, slowest route

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 23:27
Really there should be no penalty for going wide off a corner because there is no advantage as it's the longest, slowest route

Examples? :)
Because there CAN be some corners that give you an advantage when going wide (Le Circuot Bugatti)

lacslyer
23-05-2015, 00:51

Except if you do it on the final turn before a long straight you can get a significant speed advantage. Going even just 5 feet wider than the track allows can be a considerable difference in time on that straight. In fact, it's arguably the easiest place to make up time, hence why limitations exists.

FA RACING 01
23-05-2015, 03:46
Agree with OP. Another example is going wide out of Ascari at Monza - will sure give you an advantage. The game do penalize you there though.

For the list - the esses just before last corner at Catalunya - no penalty given.

Pink_650S
23-05-2015, 03:51
Wow, just raced at the 24h Le Mans track with LMP1 cars and all of those idiots cut ANY chicane! :dejection:

TrevorAustin
23-05-2015, 07:48
The double chicane at the end can be straighlined from pit entry to start finish. The ai use a lot of that :)

Pink_650S
23-05-2015, 14:15
I'll add a few more:

- Last Chicane / Monaco
- Last Chicane / Le Circuit Bugatti
- All Chicanes / Silverstone Stowe
- First Corner (Inside & Outside) / Hockenheim