PDA

View Full Version : PC Version no online players??

Mario Navarrete
22-05-2015, 22:59
I am curious about why the lobbies to race online are completely empty? I am running project cars on my PC, I live in canada but ordered the limited edition from the UK. does the game know that it's from the UK and then matches me with european players hence why the lobbies are empty as when i am awake they are sleeping kind of thing? the most i have seen it 2 players sitting in the lobby waiting for racers to join. am I missing something here? or is it just that barely anyone bought the PC version??

I was hoping to race online all the time but can't do it if no one is online to race with.

SwaggerJacker
22-05-2015, 23:06
I am curious about why the lobbies to race online are completely empty? I am running project cars on my PC, I live in canada but ordered the limited edition from the UK. does the game know that it's from the UK and then matches me with european players hence why the lobbies are empty as when i am awake they are sleeping kind of thing? the most i have seen it 2 players sitting in the lobby waiting for racers to join. am I missing something here? or is it just that barely anyone bought the PC version??

I was hoping to race online all the time but can't do it if no one is online to race with.

Right now there are seven lobbies to join. Someone said the MP is geographically matched. Don't know if that is true. There are a lot of MP bugs as well. They may or may not affect the numbers. Right after launch, there were a lot of people online in MP...the numbers appear to have dwindled. That could just be the excitement fading.

Mario Navarrete
22-05-2015, 23:14
I hope that is not the case, I built a beast of a home theatre PC just so i could run this game on my huge tv. it would be very dissapointing to always have empty lobbies, i waited 3 years for this game.

driftoz
22-05-2015, 23:37
you have to change your steam download location to a different server to see lobbies from other countries, in south australia i may only see 2 servers but change it to UK and theres 20 so try different places.

Mario Navarrete
22-05-2015, 23:45
you have to change your steam download location to a different server to see lobbies from other countries, in south australia i may only see 2 servers but change it to UK and theres 20 so try different places.

so do i do that within steam or within the game? I can basically change my location to another country or region??

Mahjik
23-05-2015, 02:01
so do i do that within steam or within the game? I can basically change my location to another country or region??

In Steam, go to the Settings -> Downloads. Change your "Download Region" to something in the US or UK.

Gehzilla
23-05-2015, 02:29
I think we should all use the Lan-Event Server from Steam....or WMD goes out of the holiday or jump down from there wifes and patch the ridiculous damn f.... serverbrowser. I cant believe a Company with a full price title makes so a shitty, kiddie Networksystem. And this has nothing to do with steam. Its how you implement steamnetwork! Look at different titles, there are a lot of examples.
I know my english is bad, but you dont want to read in german words what my thoughts about the Networksystem.

Arkymedes
23-05-2015, 07:24
I think we should all use the Lan-Event Server from Steam....or WMD goes out of the holiday or jump down from there wifes and patch the ridiculous damn f.... serverbrowser. I cant believe a Company with a full price title makes so a shitty, kiddie Networksystem. And this has nothing to do with steam. Its how you implement steamnetwork! Look at different titles, there are a lot of examples.
I know my english is bad, but you dont want to read in german words what my thoughts about the Networksystem.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22035-No-Multiplayer-region-locked&p=936426&viewfull=1#post936426

Please read the tests I made this morning regarding region locking.