PDA

View Full Version : Monza - speed test - ??? not more than 280kph??

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 02:17
hi all, so i tested all kinds of gear ratio settings, downforce to speed and as much as i could...with the Audi R8 LMS Ultra, can't get the car to go over 280kph in 6th gear, and also not going pass 280kph while trying drafting behind another car...LOL maybe just me too stupid for this sim...i give up! (tried same audi also on track Circuit de la Sarthe with longest straight...):no::culpability:

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 14:48
while drafting/ slip streaming, not even gaining 1-2kph???
after playing around with gears and downforce, just cant get the Audi LMS to go over 280kph...hmm

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 14:54
Raise the ride-height and try please.

Pink_650S
23-05-2015, 15:01
Increase tyre pressure, decrease camber angles.
Then try going backwards on the Nordschleife, l think thats the best straight to do highspeed tests :)

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 16:10
Raise the ride-height and try please.

will try and let you know.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 16:11
will try and let you know.

The other suggestions are good also. I have an inkling you might be bottoming out with downforce at speed, but if not we may have preloaded a lot of downforce or we've under specced the car.

Psychomatrix
23-05-2015, 16:25
I thought this cars goes in reality not much faster because the gear ratio was from FIA restricted. Last year at a track day in monza was the reiter camaro with 279 kph the fastest car.

yusupov
23-05-2015, 16:30
yeah monza isnt long enough for these cars to hit their drag limit (from the way other games have them balanced anyway)...la sarthe is a different story tho. but idk where they should really top out at or if it would be drag or rev limited irl, i assume the latter but as for top speeds theyre quite slow in AC & iR, quite fast in R3E. i think theyre very fast this year but ive not caught a race.

ADAC just did the 24hr nurburgring ofc but i wouldnt be surprised if they put a speed limit on the straight, i know they said theyre gonna do it elsewhere...

Franco Ferrari
23-05-2015, 16:32
Close brake duct and radiator opening, also.
These two things alone are worth 10 km/h at least.

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 16:35
meanwhile, I know to all the pro and experienced this might sound stupid and amateur. but can someone or would someone kindly explain how the saving procedure works with vehicle setups? what are the options for all? locations? grouping? tracks? existing? just curious if someone could clearly explain how this works. (and yes i might be old and stupid...)

1) any tutorial and how to?
2) how do you reset setups to default/ factory/ or initial game installation?

thanks for your efforts and help in advance.

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 16:58
results: (car can't go over 280kph on 24h Le Mans track with long straight) tried in 5-6x variations of settings. below final/ last settings and not possible to go over 280kph, alone on straight or with car in front and drafting (as many have pointed out, drafting or no drafting, car can't go faster? anyways...very confused and confusing...but whatever) trying to see if Audi LMS can go over 280kph...:dejection:

front downforce: 0.0 (speed)
rear downforce: 0.5 (speed)
front camber: 0.0
rear camber: 0.0
front toe: 0.0
rear toe: 0.0
front ride height: 85mm
rear ride height: 95mm
radiator: 15.00% (default: 50.00%)
brake duct: 25.00% (default: 75.00%)
final drive: 4.83 (top speed) (1st to 6th untouched as 6th gear is at 2.42)

just FYI, the Audi is not going over 280kph no matter what i do...and REAL LIFE audi can do 195mph/ 313kph approx.

find it funny, in game the AUDI info says 281kph, but can't reach 281kph no matter what i do :) funny!

Disposable_Hero
23-05-2015, 17:10
I took it for a spin too with similar settings.
I don't think we have a problem with drag or power output but the gear ratios available seem very restricted.
But according to another post that is FIA imposed, so it's correct in the game?

yusupov
23-05-2015, 17:12
results: (car can't go over 280kph on 24h Le Mans track with long straight) tried in 5-6x variations of settings. below final/ last settings and not possible to go over 280kph, alone on straight or with car in front and drafting (as many have pointed out, drafting or no drafting, car can't go faster? anyways...very confused and confusing...but whatever) trying to see if Audi LMS can go over 280kph...:dejection:

front downforce: 0.0 (speed)
rear downforce: 0.5 (speed)
front camber: 0.0
rear camber: 0.0
front toe: 0.0
rear toe: 0.0
front ride height: 85mm
rear ride height: 95mm
radiator: 15.00% (default: 50.00%)
brake duct: 25.00% (default: 75.00%)
final drive: 4.83 (top speed) (1st to 6th untouched as 6th gear is at 2.42)

just FYI, the Audi is not going over 280kph no matter what i do...and REAL LIFE audi can do 195mph/ 313kph approx.
ive never heard of a gt3 car doing 195, so thats either something they changed this year or its hypothetical...are you banging it off the limiter in final gear? if so thats why its topped at 280km/h, the car could go faster but its restricted, probably as DH says due to real life gear ratios..

yusupov
23-05-2015, 17:14
keep in mind rene rast drives the audi gt3, so its more likely than not they have proper gear ratios for that car

Psychomatrix
23-05-2015, 18:11
In gt3 class everthing is very restricted. The cars are correct here in the game. The cars have100 hp more than air restricted gte class but are not so much faster because in gte class the manufacturers have more open technical reglement. So you have not so much options too setup your car. Gt3 class are so restricted that not one car is much faster than the other and keep the costs low. It will be unrealistic when here in the game you have gear ratios with them you can reach over 285 or so. It was really great to see that the dev took the technical reglement so well in the game.

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 18:44
let's just leave it alone guys, always be someone who says never heard, never seen or not possible and etc. let's just leave it at all is great, works exactly as it should, top notch replies and feedback and close the thread as solved.

thx all and especially to those testing with me and keeping in touch via PSN(etwork) keep up the videos and screenshots! thx a million for not makig me feel like an idiot and alone in testing various things in the game. eventually this game will get rid of all bugs.

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 18:48
ive never heard of a gt3 car doing 195, so thats either something they changed this year or its hypothetical...are you banging it off the limiter in final gear? if so thats why its topped at 280km/h, the car could go faster but its restricted, probably as DH says due to real life gear ratios..
and indeed Audi R8 LMS Ultra can do 195mph...but again story for another day or another place...

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 18:50
I don't think we have a problem with drag or power output but the gear ratios available seem very restricted.
could be and might be right, with all regulations, consider thread as solved since not possible to top 280kph - was not able to reach 281kph, so it is fine. will test other GT3 cars with same settings and post results here as comparisons.

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 19:37
just quick question, how do i load/ or reset to default settings?

Disposable_Hero
23-05-2015, 19:39
just quick question, how do i load/ or reset to default settings?
Edit tuning settings-> reset -> save and your back to stock settings.

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 19:51

sir, first update for you: RUF RGT-8 GT3, changed and played with settings - have gotten it to 286kph so far! (approx 178mph)

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 19:53
Edit tuning settings-> reset -> save and your back to stock settings.
thank you very kind of you to point out. (duh, easy to see, but thanks again for replying!)

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 19:57

sir, next update for you, with playing settings and changing around various: Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3, so far 300kph (approx. 186mph)

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 20:04

sir, next update: again with various playing around setup/ settings: BMW Z4 GT3 - 293kph (approx. 182mph)

PS: (this is all on first attempt!) so have not fine tuned/ setup yet! and no slip streaming/ drafting here yet, sure I can hit higher speeds if I would be behind other cars!!!

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 20:13

sir, next update: McLaren 12C GT3 - 292kph (approx. 181mph)

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 20:17

sir, next update - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3, 309kph (approx. 192mph)

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 20:30

sir, next update with Ginetta G55 GT3 - 283kph (approx. 175mph) not very impressed with this car, settings for gear ratio don't make sense compared to all the other cars...but again only IMO

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 20:42
quick summary possible to reach or to go over 310kph, with setup/ fine tuning, but some settings in the vehicles do NOT effect the setup at all! and some locked settings on some cars and on some not locked don't make sense to me...again IMO! just providing feedback, take it or leave it.

final though, made it to 310kph with the MB SLS AMG GT3, all I wanted to find out and prove to some who...anyways, point made and also provided feedback, hopefully valuable feedback to DEVS. (especially knowing now, that Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 is STUCK at 280kph!!)

Disposable_Hero
23-05-2015, 21:34
Hm, a diff of 30km/h does sound strange in terms of BOP for GT3 class.
If you're lucky, you caught the attention of the devs.

yusupov
23-05-2015, 22:01
so, to answer my own question, theyre limited by their gear ratios, & i feel like theyre topping out way to early, ive barely even started down mulsanne. i didnt actually try monza but im not sure these long ratios (esp audi's, tbh i didnt try much after that as it was obviously just bc of the limiter) would be long enough for it, if so, just barely. so either, they are artifically restricted in this way for BoP reasons, or theres something wrong with the aero/power the cars are putting out.

ill try racerooms adac '14 car & see what it does as it should technically be close to what the official one was. i tend to think in terms iracing/AC speeds which have balanced their cars relatively slowly compared to what i THINK the cars do irl these days...

rocafella1978
23-05-2015, 23:49
i have been testing all day with various tracks, gear rations, all the other setups suggested and huge differences IMO <- just me though thinking this way. but i do not think and do not share the thought processes, arguments and statements (Gefaehrliches Halbwissen...) some post. just sharing my testing/ game play to provide the info. (as stated somewhere by someone...take it or leave it) just hope this or that helps the game become greater/ better ;)

rocafella1978
21-06-2015, 06:05
did anything ever come out of this feedback? anyone else experience or test this? (am also going to test bentley gt3)