PDA

View Full Version : Career Mode, cars hit you

juvee
23-05-2015, 03:22
Couldn't find a post like this on the forum. I'm Playing career mode and i'm being hit from behind by AI cars. There seems to be no penalty for this. I love the game, but starting to feel like i'm playing bumper cars. Any advice? Is there a solution to this? It's getting to the point where if I don't lead from the front, I get bumped off at some point and end up last. Thank You.

LordDRIFT
23-05-2015, 05:53
Drive faster

GTOdaddy73
24-05-2015, 10:05
Way to troll....when you start on the pole, qualified 3-8 sec ahead of second only to be destroyed by a kamakazi AI in turn 1 of Road America isn't a matter of needing to drive faster, it's just another issue that needs to be looked at by the development team.

fitzsteve
24-05-2015, 12:41
Drive faster jokes aside, I found that let the aggressive driver through if you're slow at the start and re-take the position :)

Don't show them a big gap on the inside, cover it else they will try a move.

PureMalt77
24-05-2015, 13:05
1. AI drivers are "dumb" and usually drive the ideal racing line. Once you learn that, you can use it to your advantage. For instance, taking the defensive line before a corner: since you will have to break a bit earlier, they will surely crash on you! (giving experience from Formula Rookie, not sure if at higher levels the ADI drivers also get more "experienced").

2. AI driver seems not to be affected by Tire wear/temperature like you. Exactly at the race start, when you tires are cold, seems like they have been racing for 4-5 laps already! As fitzsteve says, don't try to win on the first corner! You will get them 1-2 laps later!

3. "Real Solution" is really only a patch to improve the AI...

LordDRIFT
24-05-2015, 14:54
Way to troll....when you start on the pole, qualified 3-8 sec ahead of second only to be destroyed by a kamakazi AI in turn 1 of Road America isn't a matter of needing to drive faster, it's just another issue that needs to be looked at by the development team.

Guy posts on may 22nd saying he can't find a thread about the disruptive AI and I'm the troll?

RedDave84
24-05-2015, 15:18
That'll happen if you try to go 3 wide coming in to the corner for example. If you don't back down expect a battle. If you lose, you lose. What are you expecting? The AI to politely get out of your way? Don't be daft, the game is a sim.

I got bumped about in my first couple of real races, untli I realised it was me that was the problem then it improved. I wasn't getting bumped as such, I was doing the bumping because I was cutting off the Ai's quarter, leaving them no option to manouver.

Watch a replay, you'll see the real problem.

GTP_Monkey
24-05-2015, 15:28
And when them slam you up the rear we get DQ Meh

LordDRIFT
24-05-2015, 15:30
That'll happen if you try to go 3 wide coming in to the corner for example. If you don't back down expect a battle. If you lose, you lose. What are you expecting? The AI to politely get out of your way? Don't be daft, the game is a sim.

I got bumped about in my first couple of real races, untli I realised it was me that was the problem then it improved. I wasn't getting bumped as such, I was doing the bumping because I was cutting off the Ai's quarter, leaving them no option to manouver.

This. You do get sucker punched from time to time but it can happen in real and certainly more often than not online. I'd still rather race against these dudes than the sterile bot train in GT. The real complaint to be voiced about AI is their wet weather performance. everything else I can live with.
Watch a replay, you'll see the real problem.

This. You do get sucker punched from time to time but it can happen in real and certainly more often than not online. I'd still rather race against these dudes than the sterile bot train in GT. The real complaint to be voiced about AI is their wet weather performance. everything else I can live with.
Watch a replay, you'll see the real problem.[/QUOTE]

GTOdaddy73
24-05-2015, 20:20
So the guy who has 1 post....one....comes on and asks for advice you give him a ridiculous one line holier-than-thou response and then you complain that you're not the troll?? A least say something about the search engine and then possibly throw a link his way.

To all the others saying that things like "this is a sim what do you expect the AI to do? Get to out of the way?" If you read my (and the OP's) post they weren't in the way.....they run into the back of you, alot, going completely unrealistic speeds and just plow into you. I get that it's a game and things happen, but no matter how rose colored your glasses are you can't deny that the AI can be overly aggressive, make moves that would take out half the field in an actual race and just drive off like nothing happened. Which needs to be worked on. The OP just wanted to know if there was something he could do to help combat this and I'm sure he already knew that "driving faster" was one of them... but way to welcome him to the forums, I'm sure he felt the love from the community.

IrideGravity
24-05-2015, 20:34
Couldn't find a post like this on the forum. I'm Playing career mode and i'm being hit from behind by AI cars. There seems to be no penalty for this. I love the game, but starting to feel like i'm playing bumper cars. Any advice? Is there a solution to this? It's getting to the point where if I don't lead from the front, I get bumped off at some point and end up last. Thank You.

The AI are outstanding under breaking. I make time on them in corners and breaking zones I know. Chances are you are setting your lap times not clean and competing with AI that are faster than you.
If they hit you from behind, it's because you're holding them up. Check a replay like everyone said. I find they are pretty clean when raced at their level competitively. Worst I get is a nudge or shove & it's generally warranted. Have not been punted yet. But have been nudged off track.
Or maybe you have them set at a low setting? What are they set at? I don't see a lot of mistakes from them flipping between 70-80 percent.

JayChristmas
24-05-2015, 21:58
I know that problem with the ki, even when they get lapped!
For me it helps, when i drive a lot of laps with the ki in Training to know the braking points and line from ki! After a while it's easier to pass them, most behind the corner and not before it, because they mal hit you hard! Also ki changes the line without looking around, for example Le mans behind the porsche curves before pit lane begins

LordDRIFT
24-05-2015, 22:49
So the guy who has 1 post....one....comes on and asks for advice you give him a ridiculous one line holier-than-thou response and then you complain that you're not the troll?? A least say something about the search engine and then possibly throw a link his way.

To all the others saying that things like "this is a sim what do you expect the AI to do? Get to out of the way?" If you read my (and the OP's) post they weren't in the way.....they run into the back of you, alot, going completely unrealistic speeds and just plow into you. I get that it's a game and things happen, but no matter how rose colored your glasses are you can't deny that the AI can be overly aggressive, make moves that would take out half the field in an actual race and just drive off like nothing happened. Which needs to be worked on. The OP just wanted to know if there was something he could do to help combat this and I'm sure he already knew that "driving faster" was one of them... but way to welcome him to the forums, I'm sure he felt the love from the community.

You are the only one complaining my friend. No one is denying the AI has issues. It's beating a dead horse at this juncture. Enjoy the long weekend.

Praggia
25-05-2015, 07:36
I normally try to take a wider line into the first corner as it is always difficult to get your braking spot on at the start of the race. Then try to come back at them after the first corner. I have also run into cars when I got my braking all wrong. What i don't like about this game is when you run into someone it seems as your car is stuck to back of that car for a few seconds which makes it impossible to drive away from the "scene of the accident" for a few seconds at least

RedDave84
25-05-2015, 09:24
If you're bumper to bumper you shouldn't really be able to turn.

RedDave84
25-05-2015, 09:33

You need to develop a sense of humour. The drive faster comment was quite obviously a joke and a bit of friendly banter.

Secondly, the AI don't go "completely unrealistic speeds and just plow in to you". They drive at the appropriate speed and aggressiveness for the difficulty setting. If you can't drive, turn that down. They actually go to great lengths (as a real driver does) to avoid contact. I have often got a line wrong or put the power down too early and caused the AI to slam on. Mid corner breaking for example (you do know this racing tactic right?) works like a charm. Where possible they don't just ram in to the rear of you. There will be other circumstances that force this, and a replay will prove it.

kaerdanne
25-05-2015, 14:37
Ive been bumbed a few times but i dont feel its an issue. The AI driving full speed in rain with slick tires when u cant even run straight. Thats a problem