PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TX ratio adjustments bug or operator error?

Jimbo Jones
23-05-2015, 07:17
Got my TX wheel yesterday and spent the evening setting it up and noticed with the wheel setup to 900deg of rotation, when you adjust the steering ratio it does nothing untill you exit and reenter the the track then your new ratio and steering lock zone have been correctly applied. only tested so far in free practice. Has anyone else experienced this, have i calibrated my wheel incorrectly or is this a know bug?

Jimbo Jones
23-05-2015, 20:19
Nobody?

nissan4ever
24-05-2015, 03:24
Does your wheel have the latest firmware update on it?

I haven't experienced what you've described.

Jimbo Jones
30-05-2015, 18:56
Still experiencing this issurr does noone else experience this??

Robhd
30-05-2015, 19:05
Before you used the wheel did you update the firmware through a PC as per the manual instructions?

Jimbo Jones
30-05-2015, 19:54
Yes i did mate, and I have the latest update. Have just updated it again to make double sure nothing went wrong before. Retesting now

Jimbo Jones
30-05-2015, 21:36
Still does it, no matter what rotation i have the wheel set to(calibrated ingame) if i adjust the steering ratio then to make it apply i have to exit the session and re-enter then the steering ratio is correctly aplied.

Eg with the thrustamster tx set to default 900 deg rotation and calibrated in settings and using the formula rookie car with default 12:1 steering ratio the TX rotates roughly 540deg from lock to lock, now if you change the ratio to 4.5:1 you still have the same sensitivity/feel and the rotation is still 540deg, if you exit and reenter you now have only 180deg rotation and a much more sensitive feel.

This happens in all ratio adjustments i have tried. Driving me nuts having to exit a session just to fine tune my steering ratio!