PDA

View Full Version : GT3 RUF Setup

zimmer
23-05-2015, 10:09
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone could give me a good general GT3 RUF setup.... I dont play online as i live in the middle of nowhere :( So no worry about me using it and beating you hahaha...

Anyway, thanks in advance.

:)

thetoneranger
31-05-2015, 10:25
I also could do with a set up for the RUF GT3. On the PS4 this car under-steers like crazy. I turned off all assists and the car is still so stable that i wouldn't be able to spin the car on a corner even if i threw it in at top speed. The diff is set to 20 accel lock. A quick question, what is the Diff accel lock set to on the p,c, version for this car?
I've watched videos of people on p,c, racing with the ruf gt3 car and it doesn't look anywhere near as under steery as the car is on my PS4.
I'm wondering if all the stock set ups were made to be completely neutral for ease of use, so as not to scare console users away.

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 11:01
I noticed the good grip the GT3's had out the box, to. After tuning the 98T I decided to start with the Formula A as its got no flywheel and to be honest, its a bit of an animal for most people to drive. Tuning a GT3 is good as they have wide tyres and some downforce, exellent brakes and they provide some hassle free close driving/racing. I haven't tried the DTM out yet, saving that for later! Yummy....

The GT3 have abs n tcs as real assists as standard some knowledgable member said they are designed for use with the assists, it wouldn't suprise me!

Sickboy
31-05-2015, 18:47
I was tuning the Ruf and if you tune in more oversteer it is almost competetive. I got a 1:24.2, it was a bit twitchy at high speed. It's still a second slower than the Z4.

thetoneranger
31-05-2015, 19:48
I was wondering about that myself. Last night while fiddling with set ups for the ruf gt3 i actually tried it with the assists, just felt exactly the same as not using them.
The only thing that does make a slight difference to the car for me was to push the diff accel lock up high. The car turns in better but can feel twitchy off throttle at high speed.

Sickboy
01-06-2015, 18:24
Here's my Laguna setup for the RUF. It does low 1:24's without assists