PDA

View Full Version : Why is testing done on a separate forum?

Francorchamps
23-05-2015, 10:42
I was baffled today reading a thread on tyre wear where I read this quote

OK to calm this discussion down a bit: Exactly that is tested extensively right now at the WMD forums on different cars and tracks. So WMD and SMS are on it to balance the tire wear on all cars and tires.

I don't really get why there is still another official forum where discussion is going on about pCARS. Players who bought the game have now also invested in pCARS so why wouldn't they be involved and what information are we players missing out on then?

If this post sounds negative rest assured it's not meant that way. Just curious ;)

N0body Of The Goat
23-05-2015, 10:47
Maybe the WMD forum should have its uses reduced, so all forum members here stay in the loop about all issues that are being spotted.

I guess it is simply routine, I posted an issue earlier in WMD about steering ratio not working when I joined an existing JIP server and used the "edit setup" option in the pits, Formula A @ Azure Circuit...

Even the most sensitive 3.9 ratio required > 360 wheel rotation to lock the wheels and get around those hairpins, in Free Practice the car was hyper-sensitive and undrivable essentially for me.

Roger Prynne
23-05-2015, 10:59
One reason I can think of is that if we opened the WMD forums to the public we would get duplicate moaning/abuse on two forums and it would be overloaded.
Also the WMD forums are much more civilized and constructive when we communicate with the devs.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 10:59
You can't test consoles on a retail kit.

Francorchamps
23-05-2015, 11:35
Makes sense! But wouldn't it be better if one could read but not react on the WMD forum?

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 11:37
Makes sense! But wouldn't it be better if one could read but not react on the WMD forum?

No because we'd get a bunch of our friendly disruptive members jumping in here to question everything.

We'd have to answer to everything 100 times also.

Francorchamps
23-05-2015, 11:39
True! Thanks for the response.