PDA

View Full Version : Formula A Azure Circuit setup question

PeteUplink
23-05-2015, 12:52
I'm having a little issue with the Formula A cars. No matter what I do I cannot get around the Loews hairpin (or the Fairmont hairpin as they call it now) because I can't get enough steering lock. I've looked at the setup options and I can't find a setting for steering lock, there is one for steering ratio though.

I'm driving with the xbox 360 controller on PC. It's fine with all other cars, including classic F1's like the Lotus 78 and other open wheelers, but Formula A just won't go.

Anyone have any tips that might help.

Silly_Goose
23-05-2015, 13:44
The thing that helps the most in the Fairmont hairpin is to aproach the corner from the widest angle you can get. Slow down and aproach the corner from the far outside to the inside.
If you are still not able to get the corner, fiddle around with the caster angle since it helps to take tight corners and makes your steering more stable.

I hope this helps.

NVI0U5
23-05-2015, 13:58
Use this tune

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23235-Multiple-1-Leaderboard-Tune-Formula-A-Xbone-PC-PS4-n-wheel-Updated-Version2-tune

PeteUplink
23-05-2015, 16:15
The thing that helps the most in the Fairmont hairpin is to aproach the corner from the widest angle you can get.

That's what I've been trying. Sadly it's not working unless I really crawl around the corner at about 15mph. I know that real F1 cars have to fit a different steering rack for Monaco. I'll try the caster angle.

Use this tune

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23235-Multiple-1-Leaderboard-Tune-Formula-A-Xbone-PC-PS4-n-wheel-Updated-Version2-tune

Thanks I'll check it out.

Spirit X
23-05-2015, 16:38
I'm I right in saying that steering ratio has no effect on the amount of steering lock available? I'm assuming it just alters the curve on the axis but still ends up at 100% regardless of where you have the ratio. Does anyone know for sure? It certainly looks the same visually on the sterring wheel and the wheels themselves when looking from the external view but I've never quite been sure.

hkraft300
24-05-2015, 04:24
I'm I right in saying that steering ratio has no effect on the amount of steering lock available?

Doubt it changes the amount of lock available.

You want a fast steering ratio for Monaco so you can get to full lock quickly. I'm getting down to about 50kmh/30mph and 1st gear to make the turn. Can't expect to take it at 100kmh!

Brakes 90, 60
Weight bias 53%
Steering 8.4
Caster 3.0
Camber -2.2/-1.5
Toe -0.3/0.1
Differential 5, 25, 0, 50
(the 50 visc lock is questionable but I feel it's giving me more traction but not causing understeer)

I'm using a controller and still 8.4:1 for fast steering. If you're on a wheel, give it a quick twirl and get the nose tucked in. If you're understeering, try the diff settings above.

May help to watch some in-car/ driver footage of guys on this track and how they're taking Lowes.

Sure you're not locking the fronts braking hard down the hill? What brake bias and pressure are you using?