PDA

View Full Version : Neck detached after car flipped – ARGH, OMG! All that blood!

ao1977
23-05-2015, 13:28
Hey guys,

I just had some fun in formula rookie, when an AI driver obviously was not quite content with my driving line, and while his polite yet forceful attempt to correct me, we collided and I did a magnificent flip flailing my arms in the air and making happy wookie noises.

Sadly though, that stunt cost me a good position in the race, some bodywork, two wheels aaaaaaand obviously my head. Or at least my neck got bent in a rather unhealthy fashion, however I don't have any other explanation for this view:

At least the engine was still running. :D

Helmethead1031
23-05-2015, 13:35
Hey guys,

I just had some fun in formula rookie, when an AI driver obviously was not quite content with my driving line, and while his polite yet forceful attempt to correct me, we collided and I did a magnificent flip flailing my arms in the air and making happy wookie noises.

Sadly though, that stunt cost me a good position in the race, some bodywork, two wheels aaaaaaand obviously my head. Or at least my neck got bent in a rather unhealthy fashion, however I don't have any other explanation for this view:

At least the engine was still running. :D

Thankfully there was the orange indicator on the left of the screen to let you know there was some "mechanical failure"....haha...as far as your neck, I hope you keep a chiropractor on staff in your pit

eracerhead
23-05-2015, 13:44
What is your G-force Effect set to? Too high a value may cause this detachment during collisions.

ao1977
23-05-2015, 16:28
Well, I just came back from my chiropractor. Everything's fine so far considering my neck – seems the camera angle is simply wrong, who could have thought that? *smh*

Well then, is there any chance the horizontal camera angle will be relative to the car's base (instead, as it seems to be, so the ground) in future updates? I think that would be a nice detail, even if it's not Project C.R.A.S.H.A.S.R.E.A.L.I.S.T.I.C.A.S.P.O.S.S.I.B.L.E.™.

TrevorAustin
23-05-2015, 16:33
I hit a wall upside down at about 150 in formula a on the last bend last night. The engineer said to go back to the pits for repairs:)

ao1977
23-05-2015, 17:20
The engineer said to go back to the pits for repairs:)
At Brands Hatch another car touched me, I went airborne and literally flew off the track, resulting in some suspension damage. Next, I was told to respect the track limits. :nonchalance:

This makes me wish the race engineer had a genuine AI whom I could give a proper response, Räikkönen style.

craste
23-05-2015, 18:58
Isis weren't in the race were they?