PDA

View Full Version : No echo in tunnels?

Jweaver
23-05-2015, 14:00
I was really surprised that the engine sounds doesnt change when you go through a tunnel (ie Monaco). Its really breaks the illusion.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 14:01
I was really surprised that the engine sounds dont change when you go through a tunnel (ie Monaco). Its really breaks the illusion.

They do.

Jweaver
23-05-2015, 14:07
Really? I am going to test again as i have been driving Monaco lots over the weekend and have never noticed any change.

In contrast, i am watching the REAL F1 qualfying right now and the pitch change and echo is obvious as it always is.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 14:09
Really? I am going to test again as i have been driving Monaco lots over the weekend and have never noticed any change.

In contrast, i am watching the F1 qualfying right now and the pitch change and echo is obvious as it always is.

Maybe we missed it from the tunnel at Monaco? Not at my machine right now to check, but that's an easy fix if so.

mister dog
23-05-2015, 14:12
Some tunnels have it (albeit mildly), like the ones at California Highway, but the tunnel in Monaco for example does not seem to have any reverb at all (at least i cannot hear it).

I think no one on earth would object against more tunnel reverb in general, and adding it in the places where it is missing? :)

C6ckneyGeezer
23-05-2015, 14:12
Ive got an echo in the tunnel at cali highway!

Jweaver
23-05-2015, 14:13
Tested again with Formula A. There is echo, but only on then chase cam.. I suspect this is a design decision but its not right surely? In an open cockpit, you would hear the echo, even in the car...

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 14:16
Tested again with Formula A. There is echo, but only on then chase cam.. I suspect this is a design decision but its not right surely? In an open cockpit, you would hear the echo, even in the car...

Yes agreed.

Mods, add it to the features list please. It's an easy fix as the tech is there.

Jweaver
23-05-2015, 14:17
Yes agreed.

Mods, add it to the features list please. It's an easy fix as the tech is there.

I had added this to the known issue list...cheers for verifying this.. Thought i was going mad :)

mister dog
23-05-2015, 14:22
I don't want to raise another thread for this and as we are talking SFX now; i find the wind noise lacking also. Especially in open cars where IRL it would be all you hear apart from the engine. Will wind noise be included in the sliders that are coming in a future patch?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

madmax2069
23-05-2015, 14:28
Yeah tunnels definitely need more echo.

Umer Ahmad
23-05-2015, 14:36
there's about a half second delay in the tunnel echo SFX. That is a known design element. Can you drive a little slower through that tunnel as a test? The reverb should be there for all cameras, not just chase cam etc.

mister dog
23-05-2015, 14:40
there's about a half second delay in the tunnel echo SFX. That is a known design element. Can you drive a little slower through that tunnel as a test? The reverb should be there for all cameras, not just chase cam etc.

The tunnel in Monaco is long enough to take the 0,5 second delay into account (even F1 cars need a couple of seconds to go through it), from helmet cam it is definitely missing there. I remember because i was all excited to drive through it and disappointed when i came out the other end :nonchalance:

Jweaver
23-05-2015, 14:51

I stopped in the tunnel and reved the car in Neutral and there is no reverb (atleat no that i could perceive) at all other than in chase cam..

ex_
02-06-2015, 03:52
This issue is the same problem with the 5.1 audio... no presence at all.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24164-Is-Surround-Sound-a-WIP&highlight=surround+sound

Mascot
02-06-2015, 08:46
Personally I think the tunnel echo/reverb needs to be a little stronger across the board.

Being able to map audio as a personal preference would be nice as well (eg have the throaty chase cam audio while in cockpit view).

Roel de Meulder
30-07-2015, 15:57
Adding to this problem, I also noticed a tunnel reverb when driving over a viaduct. For instance at the end of the highway going over the bridge on California Highway just before the exit. Exactly when you pass over the tunnel that you use to go under that highway later.

Redslayer
30-07-2015, 16:33
Yeah I agree, a little more reverb across the board would be great. Some of the cars in this game sound amazing, and I keep getting disappointed when I drive through tunnels.