PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Choice Auto by Weather - Wrong Tyres

Rug22
23-05-2015, 14:33
I've had a quick look and can't see this posted, but I'd be surprised if I'm the only person this happens to.

Apologies if it has been posted before.

During Career (hasn't happened online yet) I've had the tyre Choice left as auto by weather as you can't actually see the pit lane, but on a number of occasions I've gone to track and been placed on the wrong tyres, it can be wets on a dryttrack and the other way around.

Luckily in career you can restart the race back to the garage which tends to fix the issue, on occasions it can take 2 restarts.

C6ckneyGeezer
23-05-2015, 14:37
I think it picks them on weather forcast. As in; weather forcast is rain but for the first 3 laps it could be dry, with rain in the last lap. Hence auto pick wet tyres.

I could be wrong tho. Imo the whole setup system is a bit strange and restrictive!

Rug22
23-05-2015, 15:29
I think it picks them on weather forcast. As in; weather forcast is rain but for the first 3 laps it could be dry, with rain in the last lap. Hence auto pick wet tyres.

I could be wrong tho. Imo the whole setup system is a bit strange and restrictive!

I did wonder this, but as we can't see currently what the weather is actually doing it makes removing that auto option impossible atm

Prophet216
26-05-2015, 07:09
To many questions about tires and pit strategies and what the game doing why and no answers