PDA

View Full Version : The Reviews

IommiRULES
23-05-2015, 14:58
So far the reviews have been very good, average 84 on metacritic.
The main complaints have been lack of progression, small car roster and the minor bug here and there.

As far as progression goes the career mode is fine for me. Isn't every sport about
"just winning Championships"? and if you start in Kart there is plenty progression, and even more invitationals to drive whatever you want.

I do not miss adding bogus car parts til your car can lap the field...that's not sim.
And why should you play hours and hours to "unlock" the coolest cars in the game?
In career mode u just do not get a contract to drive them in regular season til you master lower divisions, that's cool enough for me.

Like most American race fans I want some ovals and it is a sin not to include general motors classics in any racing game with historic tours, but that's probably a licensing issue and hopefully some ovals will soon be available on PS store.

Eyerex
23-05-2015, 15:41
Think i read somewhere they were in one of the betas so fingers crossed they turn up as DLC

Even us Brits love racing the Ovals

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 15:42
Ovals will be coming.

TrevorAustin
23-05-2015, 16:18
I would happily lose the whole career aspect. Purchased it as a sim. Seems such a strange thing to cririciseas a sim. And loads of cars!

Iracing has no 'game' aspect and about 6 awful cars:) but that gets reviewed as a sim

Marcd23
23-05-2015, 16:21
Why don't you guys design a project cars track (top gear style) and have it locked to time trial only with you guys picking which car we get each month To throw around it.

You could even open it up to the community to design one and let us pick which one looks the best... Just a thought like

IommiRULES
23-05-2015, 16:52
I would happily lose the whole career aspect. Purchased it as a sim. Seems such a strange thing to cririciseas a sim. And loads of cars!

Iracing has no 'game' aspect and about 6 awful cars:) but that gets reviewed as a sim

That's cool but I like to have a season, or career if you will. It gives you a goal, an end game....which a one off race doesn't do. Besides finishing on the podium in that one race of course. But I do not need a lollipop and an "engine upgrade" because I have accumulated enough "experience points", that's very arcadey. The points for the season standings will do just fine, thank you very much.