PDA

View Full Version : I'm not trying to abuse the game but this hasn't lived up to the hype......:(

DBG
23-05-2015, 16:12
:hopelessness::no::dejection:

LADY GEMMA JANE
23-05-2015, 16:13
.. But it is still a great game tho

beetes_juice
23-05-2015, 16:19
:hopelessness::no::dejection:

Anything else????

Birdman
23-05-2015, 16:47
What was the hype?

mrbrownnose
23-05-2015, 16:56
This game should have the title; Project Farts coz it stinks. Lighten up mods dont ban. Or project scars?:disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust:

ashasha
23-05-2015, 17:21
Actually the name is extremely fitting because it is still kind of a work in progress or an ongoing project. :)

MysterG
23-05-2015, 17:25
This game should have the title; Project Farts coz it stinks. Lighten up mods dont ban

Oh I think we have been very tolerant if you compare to other forums.

Though given the way that tolerance is abused, it might run out at any moment ;)

DBG
23-05-2015, 17:30
I never meant for this to get out of hand, this thread seems amateur because I wrote it on Xbox One IE app where I can only add text to the title, hence the emojis. I know this thread wasn't of a high clarity but I love this game I just expected to become addicted to it. However certain bugs have forced me to switch to other games, I respect the title and developers and never meant this to be a rant. I know patches are going to be released and once they are my crave for the perfect racing game will spark again. You guys need to remember this is a community game, if you want improvements you should contribute to it!

DBG
23-05-2015, 17:30
By you I mean the complainers not the developers, that wasn't clear. *coughs* talk about clarity...

MysterG
23-05-2015, 17:32
That Xbox One IE app just did not live up to the hype .... ;)

DBG
23-05-2015, 17:33
Exactly, what a waste of....well 16mb?

girlracerTracey
23-05-2015, 18:14
Well as a two wheel (motogp) racer and motogp league organiser I can tell you guys that really you do not appreciate just how lucky you all are..

Project Cars for me, as a motorcycle racing "nut" & someone slightly biased towards 2 wheels, is without a doubt simply the most impressive console based racing game of any type. Full stop.

Physics model is the most impressive and challenging on the "limit" (well at least my limit" :rolleyes:) of any console racing game I have ever driven/ridden on two wheels or four. Bar none. It reminds me of GTR2 brought up to date with just a bit of a "tone-down" in difficulty. Which for me is a great accolade as I also love the GTR series of simulation games on pc. So yes so far I am very pleasantly surprised and impressed with Project Cars.

So stop whinging you lot and get on with it! :friendly_wink:

By contrast on two wheels we continue to try to make the best of it league racing on Milestone's motogp series. Sadly, however, motogp on the consoles cannot hold a candle to the depth, variety and "polish" of Project Cars. There's just no comparison at all sadly. Us two wheel racers are being shortchanged..

Controller patch on xbox one will be here soon enough & in the meantime I have to say that Project Cars on xbox one is perfectly playable with a decent "workaround" controller set-up. I'm still able to lap pretty quickly using a controller. It's not ideal but it's not "undriveable" either. Far from it. I also have Project Cars on PS4 and rest assured when the controller issue on xbox one is sorted out you guys on xbox one will be able to enjoy this great game to the full!

So there!

grT ;)

Mad Al
23-05-2015, 18:17
Well guys as a two wheel (motogp) racer and motogp league organiser I can tell you that you guys really do not appreciate how luck you all are..

Project Cars for me, as a motorcycle racing "nut", is without a doubt simply the most impressive console based racing game of any type. Full stop.

Physics model is the most impressive and challenging on the "limit" (well at least my limit" :rolleyes:) of any console racing game I have ever driven/ridden on two wheels or four. Bar none. It reminds me of GTR2 with just a bit of a "tone-down" in difficulty. Which for me is a great accolade as I also love the GTR series of simulation games on pc. So yes so far I am very pleasantly surprised and impressed.

Stop stop whinging you lot and get on with it! :friendly_wink:

By contrast on two wheels we continue to try to make the best of it league racing on Milestone's motogp series. Sadly, however, motogp on the consoles cannot hold a candle to the depth, variety and "polish" of Project Cars. There's just no comparison sadly at all.

Controller patch on xbox one will be here soon enough in the meantime I have to say that Project Cars on xbox one is perfectly playable with a decent "workaround" controller set-up. I'm still able to lap pretty quick using a controller. It's not ideal but it's not undriveable either. Far from it. I also have Project Cars on PS$ and rest assured when the controller issue on xbox one is sorted out you will be able to enjoy this great game to the full!

So there!

grT ;)

And another GP-Bikes racer comes to the party....... ;)

bkfount
23-05-2015, 18:23
it's got frustrating bugs and I've pitched a fit, but it's a great ambitious package overall that offers stuff the competition doesnt even touch really. I've been wanting a console racer with huge grids, day/night cycle, weather, varied disciplines, and tons of tracks for years. I love Forza, but it doesnt come close yet and I've had fun with this and look forward to its future.

the game's getting patched and the devs are pretty open about issues, the best you can hope for when a game doesnt launch perfect.

MysterG
23-05-2015, 18:36
Well as a two wheel (motogp) racer and motogp league organiser I can tell you guys that really you do not appreciate just how lucky you all are..

Project Cars for me, as a motorcycle racing "nut" & someone slightly biased towards 2 wheels, is without a doubt simply the most impressive console based racing game of any type. Full stop.

Physics model is the most impressive and challenging on the "limit" (well at least my limit" :rolleyes:) of any console racing game I have ever driven/ridden on two wheels or four. Bar none. It reminds me of GTR2 brought up to date with just a bit of a "tone-down" in difficulty. Which for me is a great accolade as I also love the GTR series of simulation games on pc. So yes so far I am very pleasantly surprised and impressed with Project Cars.

So stop whinging you lot and get on with it! :friendly_wink:

By contrast on two wheels we continue to try to make the best of it league racing on Milestone's motogp series. Sadly, however, motogp on the consoles cannot hold a candle to the depth, variety and "polish" of Project Cars. There's just no comparison at all sadly. Us two wheel racers are being shortchanged..

Controller patch on xbox one will be here soon enough & in the meantime I have to say that Project Cars on xbox one is perfectly playable with a decent "workaround" controller set-up. I'm still able to lap pretty quickly using a controller. It's not ideal but it's not "undriveable" either. Far from it. I also have Project Cars on PS4 and rest assured when the controller issue on xbox one is sorted out you guys on xbox one will be able to enjoy this great game to the full!

So there!

grT ;)

So you are saying there is a need for a decent pCARS quality Motorcycle sim on consoles ...... IAN!!!!

DBG
23-05-2015, 19:11
Definitely yes and by listening to people I'm starting to think 'well, it's still the best racing simulator I've ever played.' But I still can't find that addiction I had in GRID and Toca RD.

mkstatto
23-05-2015, 19:15
Definitely yes and by listening to people I'm starting to think 'well, it's still the best racing simulator I've ever played.' But I still can't find that addiction I had in GRID and Toca RD.

I can see what you mean if your talking about the Career mode compared to Toca Race Driver. Someone needs to take the basis of that career and put it on steroids! :-)

jimithy
23-05-2015, 19:22

That's because its bug central. Its about as polished as a steaming t*rd

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 19:22
That's because its bug central. Its about as polished as a steaming t*rd

OK last warning Jim.

DBG
23-05-2015, 19:23
That game was incredible! The cinematics and all those tracks! Oh the tracks!

DBG
23-05-2015, 19:24
OK last warning Jim.

It's a community game, help out and it'll improve. I'm not saying it's at an inadequate standard, when the glitches don't happened the game is almost perfect!

DBG
23-05-2015, 19:24
It's a community game, help out and it'll improve. I'm not saying it's at an inadequate standard, when the glitches don't happened the game is almost perfect!

That was to Jim not Ian.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 19:25

What are you quoting me for, I agree!

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 19:25

Crosspost, ignore.

mkstatto
23-05-2015, 19:26
That game was incredible! The cinematics and all those tracks! Oh the tracks!

If I remember correctly the under rated track of Rockingham infield and oval was is in mix!

DBG
23-05-2015, 19:26
Sorry...

DBG
23-05-2015, 19:27
Afraid in Toca RD 2 I don't remember there being one, but I do remember all those Australian V8 tracks!

DBG
23-05-2015, 19:27
Afraid in Toca RD 2 I don't remember there being one, but I do remember all those Australian V8 tracks!That was to the Rockingham inquiry.

girlracerTracey
24-05-2015, 09:46
And another GP-Bikes racer comes to the party....... ;)

There's more of us here than you might realise. Pretty much everyone I know who races on two wheels on xbox, playstation and on pc has sampled and purchased Project Cars. Let's face it you'd be mad not to. Well if it was good enough for John Surtees, Mike Hailwood and Damon Hill it's got to be good enough for us lot as well.. ;)

grT

girlracerTracey
24-05-2015, 09:52
So you are saying there is a need for a decent pCARS quality Motorcycle sim on consoles ...... IAN!!!!

lol. I think that goes without saying MysterG.

Motorcycle racing is a popular genre and for me SMS are one of the best developers in the world. Project Cars proves that to me. It's a groundbreaking title on the consoles without a shadow of a doubt.

grT :)

titanic tony
24-05-2015, 10:13
ok we should have all excepted the game got released with glitches by now and moved on to help improve it for our own benefit

XR6T
24-05-2015, 11:27
Im just thankfull we got a real driving game on xbox. Only problem i got now is need wheel and wheel stand lol wife is gonna love that when it arrives

Umer Ahmad
24-05-2015, 11:29
Controller patch/fix coming soon. Dont order wheel yet, unless you are going to get wheel regardless

XR6T
24-05-2015, 13:49
Yeah thanks mate im ok on controller with my settings but reckon this game really deserves to be played with wheel. Ive never played game that feels so awsome. Im a happy little camper.

BorisTheFrog
24-05-2015, 16:45
Project Cars are the Manchester City of the premier league. A great pre season talk up with a potential to take on the world. But regardless of how many touches of individual brilliances you throw into the mix, if you don't get the ingredients just right then it will always fall short of the mark. Lacks balance to make it truly fantastic.

On the other hand Forza is the Arsenal of this world. Love them or hate them, they will never go away. Smooth, slick and impressive to watch, yet lacking that killer touch to take them to the next level. Forza 5 was the big spending season - but it's wafer thin content turned it into a huge step backwards from Forza 4, resulting in just another season of underachievement.

NFS's are the Spurs of the Xbox league. Bold and brash high investment affairs hoping to recapture the glory days of yesteryear. High profile, high speed, high gimmicks. A team with lots of money to burn but never investing in the right way forward. Ultimately falling by the wayside season after season.

My vote for Chelsea goes to Grid 1. On paper it all sounds a bit dull with it's 'nothing special' look about it. But correct management turned it into a spectacular affair which truly deserves to be the benchmark of all things to come. Quality over quantity.

Just my opinion.

(ps) Looking forward to the arrival of Bournemouth and living in hope that 'truly bonkers' will spell the arrival of Blur 2... Oh how I really do live in hope........