PDA

View Full Version : Engine noise sounds odd at times

Jweaver
23-05-2015, 16:50
I bought PC on day one but didnt play it much. I remember having concerns about some of the engine sounds.. Some were great.. Others sound very artificial, with lots of noticable transitions between noises.. So it sounded very "jumpy" (hard to explain what i mean).

But over the weeks i have been really impressed with the engine sounds.. They armt 100% believable, but pretty good and a times mind blowingly good.

But today i drove what looks like a Porche 911 for the first time and the sound was aweful.. The revs increased in steps. And coming off the throttle or changing up/down gears was very clunky...

But 1/2 lap later it all changed.. The sound of the engine matched the revs with a seamless increase of the pitch as you accelerated and gear changes were normal.

Is there something about the audio system which would cause this? I am womdering if the audio files uncompress when you drive a new car for the first time?

Jon

Jweaver
23-05-2015, 16:51
Just realised i could save a video clip of it.. And its captured the issue so will upload it..

It first 10 seconds horrible with only a few pitch changes as ypu accelerate.. The for the next minute or so, the number of steps increase, so its more convincing but still not right.. And after this its fine with a continuous pitch change as you accelerate.

Jweaver
23-05-2015, 18:19
Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJEDTU4wiRk

Elmo
27-05-2015, 20:20
Thanks for the feedback. Can anybody recreate this too using the Ruf RGT-8 road version?

lordymatsuo
28-05-2015, 10:37
Oh Wow! Compared to that what I came here to add is nothing lol. I noticed my engine sounds through my headset are not as god but guessing that might just be my headset, I have the official Sony PS4 headset and the sounds are not as beefy compared to the sound on my TV.

Anyway yeah that video is great, hope the dev's can replicate.