PDA

View Full Version : Random! But is Sakitto Suzuka?

DBG
23-05-2015, 17:48
I gave up on Forza 4 thus not playing a racing game with Suzuka for a while. However I noticed that Sakkito is very similar in shape with the 'esses' slightly changed. I'm aware this is most likely but I just want it confirmed.

Roger Prynne
23-05-2015, 17:50
We didn't get the licence for Suzuka in time but the track was already made so had to change it slightly.... great track though, lots of fun.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 17:51
I gave up on Forza 4 thus not playing a racing game with Suzuka for a while. However I noticed that Sakkito is very similar in shape with the 'esses' slightly changed. I'm aware this is most likely but I just want it confirmed.

It's inspired by Suzuka. Honestly, I prefer our layout.

Roger Prynne
23-05-2015, 17:52
So do I.... what a challenge.

DBG
23-05-2015, 17:53
Is that the same case the Rivere/Monte Carlo track then. Are there any others I missed. Is Zic fictional, I've never seen that before, it reminds of Mantrop off of Toca Race Driver 2, my third best racing game ever behind second Project Cars and first the original Forza Motorsport on the original Xbox!

Darth Bambi 83
23-05-2015, 17:55
I love the cliffs around Suzuka, um I mean Sakkito and the bridge at the start/finnish line looks sweet.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 17:57
Is that the same case the Rivere/Monte Carlo track then. Are there any others I missed. Is Zic fictional, I've never seen that before, it reminds of Mantrop off of Toca Race Driver 2, my third best racing game ever behind second Project Cars and first the original Forza Motorsport on the original Xbox!

Monaco is spot on, well as close as we could make it. It's a public road, thus not needing licensing unless we called it the Monaco GP or something similar.

What's Zic?

DBG
23-05-2015, 17:57
One of the two tracks I've failed to race on along with Cadwell Park.

DBG
23-05-2015, 17:59
Zic is a demanding track, only raced on it once, I swear it's called that.

Roger Prynne
23-05-2015, 18:01
There is no Zic.

bkfount
23-05-2015, 18:05
It's inspired by Suzuka. Honestly, I prefer our layout.

i do to. Have driven suzuka to death throughout the years. Yours is inspired enough and a fresh challenge. Love the scenery.

Bealdor
23-05-2015, 18:08
Monaco is spot on, well as close as we could make it. It's a public road, thus not needing licensing unless we called it the Monaco GP or something similar.

What's Zic?

There is no Zic.

ZIC is short for Zhuhai International Circuit.

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 18:09

That's real, it's in China, just across the sea by ferry from Hong Kong.

Roger Prynne
23-05-2015, 18:15

Ah yeah of course...

mkstatto
23-05-2015, 18:32
Is the Suzuka license still being worked on, or is it a complete no no?

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 18:35
Is the Suzuka license still being worked on, or is it a complete no no?

For now, let's just say we're happy with what we have.

SpeedFreakDTM
23-05-2015, 18:43
I really like the BRNO circuit.

I like they way you guys have got around licensing issues, other companies would have just left them out, but you guys have made them and added them under a different name with slight changes. I prefer that, to not having content.

Bealdor
23-05-2015, 18:47
I really like the BRNO circuit.

I like they way you guys have got around licensing issues, other companies would have just left them out, but you guys have made them and added them under a different name with slight changes. I prefer that, to not having content.

Agreed. But what has Brno to do with this? It's a real licenced track located in the Czech Republic.

mkstatto
23-05-2015, 18:47
For now, let's just say we're happy with what we have.

Nudge.....Nudge...wink....wink :)

DBG
23-05-2015, 19:07
I love every track in this game, usually in every racing video game there is a track I dislike - Sebring from Forza for example; it bores me to death. The same applies to Mugello from MotoGP.

mkstatto
23-05-2015, 19:12
I love every track in this game, usually in every racing video game there is a track I dislike - Sebring from Forza for example; it bores me to death. The same applies to Mugello from MotoGP.

I'm exactly the same with Sebring, can't stand the place, the best thing they did was adding in Long Beach to the latest one (always reminds me of vintage footage of Watson and Lauda battling it out in the early 80's in the McLaren's)

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 19:14
I'm exactly the same with Sebring, can't stand the place, the best thing they did was adding in Long Beach to the latest one (always reminds me of vintage footage of Watson and Lauda battling it out in the early 80's in the McLaren's)

Have to confess, I seriously dislike that track also. We got a substantial amount of requests for it but I think there are much more interesting US tracks we can be spending our time on.

DBG
23-05-2015, 19:15
Afraid I'm not old enough to remember those days, my earliest F1 memory is Australia 2007, but yes before I traded it in I really did enjoy Long Beach. But why oh why did they remove Maple Valley? Damn I loved that track. Actually, Ian Bell, get started on DLC.........*coughs Maple Valley in an attempt to grab his attention*.

BlueFin175
23-05-2015, 19:16
Like Road Atlanta !!! ... ummm .. never mind, wrong thread .. heh

mkstatto
23-05-2015, 19:18
Have to confess, I seriously dislike that track also. We got a substantial amount of requests for it but I think there are much more interesting US tracks we can be spending our time on.

In attempt not to turn this into another track request thread, Montreal seemly from the track request thread is highly popular. Personally speaking having played racing games for 20+ years, that is the circuit I use to assess every racing game (that has it). It my go to as the Americans would say. Again a public road!!! :-)

DBG
23-05-2015, 19:18
Right thread actually, this conversation has took a turn into what are favourite tracks are. But I agree, I loved Road Atlanta. But that's made me contradict myself, I do know a track I dislike! Road America! It's so dull in my opinion. I was so annoyed when I found out that was in the Formula A championship!

Im Sorry
23-05-2015, 19:19
Please give us knockhill!

DBG
23-05-2015, 19:20
Yeah, thanks now I know what Sakitto is - if that's how you spell it.

TRG INSANE

Thankfully Willow Springs made it in. When you learn the track and what your car is capable there then it is a lot of fun to drive. BMW Z4 GT3 can take the 2nd corner flat out in 4th gear. Took a few laps to build to confidence to try it though.

DBG
That's one for the skilled racers...

LADY GEMMA JANE
23-05-2015, 19:35
I like Sakitto, nice track, whats in a name huh

Ryzza5
25-05-2015, 06:43
Yes, the changes from Suzuka were subtle but they made an amazing difference, the camber on those new corners is awesome fun when flat out.

Nignire
25-05-2015, 11:55
The Sakitto is one on the best and looks great, taking the last corner before the finish straight is key but tricky. Id love to see the Macau circuit it would be a blast.

Beagle Five
25-05-2015, 12:45

What's Zic?

WTH?!?!! Monaco is in the game!!!
I have had the game since launch but havent tried the azure curcuut track since I thought it was just a looped version of parts of the azure coast track!

Had to see for myself, and oh my good!! Its monaco GP!!!
Put the car in the wall after the tunnel so havent gotten around a full lap yet but... YEAHHH!!!!
This is so great!!! :)

daohaus
07-04-2016, 18:14
WTH?!?!! Monaco is in the game!!!
I have had the game since launch but havent tried the azure curcuut track since I thought it was just a looped version of parts of the azure coast track!

Had to see for myself, and oh my good!! Its monaco GP!!!
Put the car in the wall after the tunnel so havent gotten around a full lap yet but... YEAHHH!!!!
This is so great!!! :)

LOL me too! I didn't know about this. Now I will have to drive.

TopAirspace
18-04-2016, 16:50
Hmm i must try the "Suzuka" layout again, at first i didnt like it as i thought the last turn was just far to fast, dangerous and unrealistic for a modern day GT car, lol yes i know, i know.. i guess im just a true purest

Rockefelluh
19-04-2016, 20:12
Hmm i must try the "Suzuka" layout again, at first i didnt like it as i thought the last turn was just far to fast, dangerous and unrealistic for a modern day GT car, lol yes i know, i know.. i guess im just a true purest

Definitely miss the slow last turn and hairpin. But, I am just glad what is in the game is in the game.

cluck
19-04-2016, 22:29
I was sad to see the Suzuka-like track we had during development disappear, but the devs pulled an absolute blinder with its replacement, the fictional Sakitto track :). The variants of it are also huge amounts of fun, especially in the lower power cars :).

goeiste
20-04-2016, 02:56

Dynomight Motorsports
21-04-2016, 23:38
I like Sakitto, I hope it makes it into PCars 2. I'd like to see a few more tracks like Sakitto make their way into the game since some of these Track Owners are so stingy with their licenses. We need an Interlago's type track, a Montreal type track, and a Long Beach type track.

breyzipp
08-06-2016, 06:12
That's real, it's in China, just across the sea by ferry from Hong Kong.

Hey Ian, just out of curiosity, is there a list of which tracks are real and which are inspired by SMS? And for the real ones also which have been laser scanned?

Ian Bell
08-06-2016, 07:01
Hey Ian, just out of curiosity, is there a list of which tracks are real and which are inspired by SMS? And for the real ones also which have been laser scanned?

California, Azure coast (note not circuit), Sakitto, Bannochbrae, Mojave and some of the kart circuits are mostly inspired by real locations but built by us for better joy of racing.

On Laser scanning we have Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton and Cadwell Park but we also use other techniques now like photo montage 'scanning' and drone scanning.

For future tracks we're focusing on a combination of laser and drone scanning. All of the new tracks we've started on for pCARS2 are scanned in some manner.

The tracks that aren't laser scanned tend to have very good CAD's from the track owners and in places like the Nordschleife, we had a lot of WMD guys out measuring tiny details like the gradient of the banking at carousel.

cxMilk
08-06-2016, 07:05
Sakitto's loosely based on Suzuka.
Bannochbrae & Mojave are dreamed up by SMS.
Azure Coast & California Highway are based on roads from respective regions (not sure how accurate/not accurate these two are to real roads).
Azure Circuit is just a name swap for Monaco.
All other tracks are real world locations, though the three historic tracks don't technically exist anymore. The roads for Rouen still exist but the track proper doesn't.

Dubai's karting track is the only real world kart track in the game although Greenwood is based on Spa's karting track. I believe it's mirrored and has an added kink at the end in game?

Laser scanned tracks include, if I recall correctly, Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park, and Snetterton. I remember reading it only including UK tracks and don't believe Silverstone or Donington are part of that list. I'm sure someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong though.

I like Sakitto, I hope it makes it into PCars 2.
I think I'm one of the few minority that really dislikes this track. Suzuka is one of my all time favorite tracks in real life and in just about every other racing game I've ever played that includes it. But it's easily one of my most detested tracks in this game and it really all comes down to the fast left hand sweeper after the Degners that replaced the hairpin. However, I do like the Sprint version much more than the actual East Circuit since it makes use of the Degners. Still haven't raced the National string.

Edit: Ninja'd by the Wookie himself.

cluck
08-06-2016, 07:35
...and in places like the Nordschleife, we had a lot of WMD guys out measuring tiny details like the gradient of the banking at carousel.And proved 'the internet' wrong to boot ;)

breyzipp
08-06-2016, 08:24
California, Azure coast (note not circuit), Sakitto, Bannochbrae, Mojave and some of the kart circuits are mostly inspired by real locations but built by us for better joy of racing.

On Laser scanning we have Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton and Cadwell Park but we also use other techniques now like photo montage 'scanning' and drone scanning.

For future tracks we're focusing on a combination of laser and drone scanning. All of the new tracks we've started on for pCARS2 are scanned in some manner.

The tracks that aren't laser scanned tend to have very good CAD's from the track owners and in places like the Nordschleife, we had a lot of WMD guys out measuring tiny details like the gradient of the banking at carousel.

Thanks for the quick reply! That drone scanning sure sounds like a fun thing to do. :P

I raced on Bannochbrae for the first time a few days ago and even though I prefer real life circuits I absolutely love the scenery on that track. :)

As for Project CARS 2 please definitely keep helmet camera with motion blur, dynamic weather effects and the singleplayer career calendar. Those features rock and make the game stand out from the competition (on consoles). Good luck with the development and nice to hear new tracks are already being worked on. Looking forward to the new game!

Edit - wanted to mention this as well, big kudos to the director or whoever is responsible for the DLC promo video for the car pack that included Bannochbrae. The entire video footage/editing with that great Scottisch music in the background, it is by far my favourite Racing game DLC promo video out there. And I watched a lot of those from Turn 10 Studios. :)

cluck
08-06-2016, 12:57
...Edit - wanted to mention this as well, big kudos to the director or whoever is responsible for the DLC promo video for the car pack that included Bannochbrae. The entire video footage/editing with that great Scottisch music in the background, it is by far my favourite Racing game DLC promo video out there. And I watched a lot of those from Turn 10 Studios. :)That'll be Ed Mas who did the visuals and Stephen Baystead who composed the music :yes:

breyzipp
08-06-2016, 15:00
That'll be Ed Mas who did the visuals and Stephen Baystead who composed the music :yes:

Okay, please point them to my comment as well, I think it will put a smile on their faces. :) It might just be another DLC trailer for a lot of people but I do see some fine work of art in that! Also the combined work from both (video and audio) match so well together!

Schadows
08-06-2016, 18:04
I still prefer the real Suzuka layout, probably for the same reason I find Sakitto is so enjoyable.
Sakitto has a better "flow", but that's also what I miss in it, some challenge in setting up the car for the technical part, leaving you usually being good in one section, and having to defend against someone who made the opposite choice in another section.

breyzipp
08-06-2016, 21:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1WbupiVTwU

Ugh I want that song so bad. :) It it available for download somewhere? Or part of the PCARS soundtrack?

Tried to shazam that opening part with the lady's voice but no luck. It does sound familiar though, isn't that from an old medieval movie? Robin Hood or something? Some part where a good guy with a big money purse is killed on a forest road against a tree. If that makes any sense. :)

EDIT - I found what song I ment, but that was not Robin Hood but Rob Roy. :) But it's not the same song, the one from that forest kill scene is this one (also really nice one) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trn3smvOwf8

EDIT2 - the voice from the Stancework DLC trailer has got to be Meav or Celtic Woman but can't seem to find the track, there is tons of em. :) Stephen if you read this, help me out please. :)

Neil Hopwood
08-06-2016, 22:08
And proved 'the internet' wrong to boot ;)

That's got to be one of my favorite WMD moments.

Schadows
09-06-2016, 08:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1WbupiVTwU

Ugh I want that song so bad. :) It it available for download somewhere? Or part of the PCARS soundtrack?

Tried to shazam that opening part with the lady's voice but no luck. It does sound familiar though, isn't that from an old medieval movie? Robin Hood or something? Some part where a good guy with a big money purse is killed on a forest road against a tree. If that makes any sense. :)

EDIT - I found what song I ment, but that was not Robin Hood but Rob Roy. :) But it's not the same song, the one from that forest kill scene is this one (also really nice one) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trn3smvOwf8

EDIT2 - the voice from the Stancework DLC trailer has got to be Meav or Celtic Woman but can't seem to find the track, there is tons of em. :) Stephen if you read this, help me out please. :)

The music is an original by Stephen Baysted : Ca' The Yowes.
It was recorded in full version, here is a official sneak peak at the recording :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HERN9dQ29JE

You can find more info here : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46792-Bannochbrae-music-in-full-coming-soon

cluck
09-06-2016, 08:08
That's got to be one of my favorite WMD moments.
From all our measurements, it looks like the angle is about 18 degrees
The internet says the banking is 30 degrees, you are wrong SMS, it is 30 degrees. Look, Wikipedia says it is and so do all these other sites
It is not 30 degrees
Make it 30 degrees or we will cry
We're right
It's about 18 degrees, SMS are right
You are wrong, why would the internet lie?
Maybe somebody mis-translated 30% at some point to 30 degrees?And lo, it came to pass, 'the internet' was wrong. Or something like that ;)

Dynomight Motorsports
09-06-2016, 16:14
And lo, it came to pass, 'the internet' was wrong. Or something like that ;)

This is massive... Now we have to question EVERYTHING we've been told on the Internet.

...Still like Sakitto better than Suzuka, the only thing I miss is the hairpin, but I don't miss the chicane after 130R.