PDA

View Full Version : Warm Up, Practice & Practice

gbm
23-05-2015, 17:50
What exactly are the differences between these 3?

Robbo-92
23-05-2015, 17:55
Practice is a session where you do as the name suggests, practice! Put plenty of laps in, learn the braking points, ideal lines through the corner and just generally improve your performance round each track.

Warm up is normally a session before the race, to ensure your car is working correctly and so you can warm up your tyres and breaks, however I'm not sure if warm up directly affects the start of the race as I'm yet to play the game.

gbm
23-05-2015, 18:00
Practice is a session where you do as the name suggests, practice! Put plenty of laps in, learn the braking points, ideal lines through the corner and just generally improve your performance round each track.

Warm up is normally a session before the race, to ensure your car is working correctly and so you can warm up your tyres and breaks, however I'm not sure if warm up directly affects the start of the race as I'm yet to play the game.

Makes sense.

But why two practice slots?

Robbo-92
23-05-2015, 18:03
Makes sense.

For extra practice!

I have no idea really, I know a lot of people complain about other racing games not having enough practice sessions so the more available the better in my opinion, if you don't want to run in them you can always skip them.

Bealdor
23-05-2015, 18:22
Makes sense.

Because a lot of real life racing series have multiple practice sessions too.

IDinity
23-05-2015, 19:18
oups.

LADY GEMMA JANE
23-05-2015, 19:23
I just skip them :P

Dutchmountains
23-05-2015, 20:01
Practice is also to check or perfectionize youre setup.
Check out youre fuel usage, check out wich tyres .
etc etc.

gbm
23-05-2015, 20:53
Practice is also to check or perfectionize youre setup.
Check out youre fuel usage, check out wich tyres .
etc etc.

No, I understand this, but why have it as TWO separate sections for practice? I mean, if you wanted to practice more than once, why not just click on the SAME practice button again when you're done the first time? lol

Anyway....

Bealdor
23-05-2015, 20:54
No, I understand this, but why have it as TWO separate sections for practice? I mean, if you wanted to practice more than once, why not just click on the SAME practice button again when you're done the first time? lol

Anyway....

As I already posted, it's there to reflect real life.

Robbo-92
23-05-2015, 21:14

Anyway....

It's there to portray a real life race weekend, a driver wouldn't attend the exact same practice session twice. They complete a practice session twice but no two practice sessions will be 100% identical, quite often weather conditions are different allowing the driver to learn to cope with different conditions (eg practice one is dry, practice two is wet, while on the same track and both called practice they are in reality two completely different sessions).

John Hargreaves
23-05-2015, 21:31
What he said ^^, plus if you don't want to bother you can turn them off by default and always go straight into the race start with warmed up tyres and a full replay at the end. I often do a 3 lap 'race' with no AI instead of practice or time trial cos you always get a cool replay.

Dutchmountains
24-05-2015, 06:37
The second practice could be under other weather subconstances and time/ temparature.

k.merse
24-05-2015, 10:54
Several championships have more than one practice session to give time to the teams to acclimatize and to find the perfect strategy to the race. Warm-Up is a shakedown practice before the race, to recheck everything before cars go to the grid.