PDA

View Full Version : Real weather, fuel usage, tires

TheIronWolf
23-05-2015, 19:13
Wow, the more I play the more I like this game! Great job SMS and contributors.
I have couple of questions couldn't yet figured out myself:

• Really like the RealWeather feature. However, where can I see what is that real weather? I can only see forecast when I start the session. Is there any way to see detailed info, for example, track temperature?

• Where can I see current tire wear, so that I can decide if I have to change tires during pit? I couldn't get it from Telemetry HUD.

• Is there any in-game way to estimate fuel usage? I guess I could run for 5 laps and do the math, but is there any way to see how many laps I should get from X amount of fuel on track Y?

• And, somewhat related to previous question: how much fuel does AI start with? (my observation, with default setup value) but does anyone knows for
sure?

Thanks!

Ian Bell
23-05-2015, 19:16
Some nice ideas here IronWolf. I particularly like the track temperature one. That's not came up before. Mods :)

On tyre wear, we will add icons to make this more clear.

TheIronWolf
23-05-2015, 19:34
Some nice ideas here IronWolf. I particularly like the track temperature one. That's not came up before. Mods :)

And, not only icons - message from Engineer when tires are low would be great (not sure it is in already). Some guys run with no HUD.

Oh, ideas :) I have too many.
Nr 1 I miss is "save" feature (as I race full length). Benefits:
○ Great for long races. 24hr race. Or even regular full length race, when you are almost finished, but real life kicks in, and you need to quit.
○ Save, and change graphical settings. Then resume.

It would be wonderful if non-graphical settings could be changed from pause menu (like, FFB parameters etc).
Minor, (because workaroundable): Even if I start race with no quali/warmup, I'd prefer setup menu to appear (where I see forecast/adjust setup/pit strategy).

Good luck with pCars guys, excellent job. You've put a lot of hard work and soul, and it shows. I am about to delete all other sims on the disk :) And, thank you for your consideration.

wraithsrike
23-05-2015, 20:00

The more you post the more I want to buy you a pint fella.