PDA

View Full Version : Worst tracks in video games? (Not an attack to PC)

DBG
23-05-2015, 20:09
Any tracks people hate?

Mine: Sebring, Road America, Mugello, Valencia Street Circuit.

LADY GEMMA JANE
23-05-2015, 20:17
Nürburgring

DBG
23-05-2015, 20:21
Nürburgring

Woah! I like the short one, it's good but if you're referring to Nordschleife I am disgusted :) Yeah it's a track you can't do a six lap race on - arguably - but it's a classic! You've got to love it's enduring layout and demanding fast paced turns and tricky chicanes!

EMW Grogan
24-05-2015, 08:07
Maple Valley worst track ever, doesnt exist and its...crap

l'autodromo del mugello my FAV track ever

madmax2069
24-05-2015, 08:22
Maple Valley worst track ever, doesnt exist and its...crap

l'autodromo del mugello my FAV track everI absolutely loved Maple Valley

I cant think of any track that I dislike.

JessicaWalter
24-05-2015, 08:46
nords and monaco are my favorites. nords feels incredible in pcars. ive never been anywhere near it in real life but ive raced it in other games and it has so much more character in pcars.

i didn't like the outerspace track in nfs III(?), not possitive which nfs it was in

girlracerTracey
24-05-2015, 09:29
The Nordschleife "Green Hell" is probably my favourite track in the game. I've always loved the challenge of racing that circuit on two and four wheels but my favourite track of all (not in this game) is the infamous IOM TT Mountain circuit in all its 37 3/4 miles of unique and utterly addictive and incredible tarmac. Really there's nothing like it. As much as I love the short circuits and race on them regularly in my online league races and as much as I enjoy the Nordschleife.

Jim Pearson as you probably all know is working on a full length version of the IOM TT track for gpl and I have to say that what he has achieved so far, for venerable old gpl, is breathtaking. Not bad for a one man team!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5W5gV9dY7Y

I also race a "highlights" version of this track online on the gp500 (pc) simulation game and it's quite incredible to take a projectile on two wheels round that circuit.

Fully appreciate this is a car racing game but for me the IOM TT is the "Big Daddy" of them all.

Worst tracks in Project Cars? I think SMS's rendition of all the tracks in Project Cars is extremely good. If I had to pick my least favourite though it would be the road track "California Highway" whatever it is called(?) but even that is good fun if you feel that way inclined.

Best short circuits? For me the U.K. circuits Brands Hatch g.p., Cadwell, Oulton Park, Snetterton 300, Silverstone etc., Donington (Cadwell in particular is pretty "wild" and quite a challenge in a fast car..in any car!) plus Mount Panorama and Spa Francorchamps of course and so many others.

It's a great track selection in Project Cars I have to say. It helps to make this a truly great racing game.

grT (dreaming of the IOM TT as always.. :) )

TheLethalDose
24-05-2015, 11:37
Sebring, stupid bumpy concrete sections.

Lars Rosenquist
24-05-2015, 16:10
Personally, I hate Watkins Glen, just can't get into a flow there.

Pink_650S
27-05-2015, 11:31
Circuit of the Americas

In my opinion a very unfluent and dull track to drive. Sector 1 might be fun, but the rest of the track is a pain.
There are way better tracks in the US. Building this one wasnt necessary.

dustyjo
27-05-2015, 19:59
Circuit of the Americas

In my opinion a very unfluent and dull track to drive. Sector 1 might be fun, but the rest of the track is a pain.
There are way better tracks in the US. Building this one wasnt necessary.
That's what happens when you make a track out of a mish-mash of corners from other circuits, I guess.

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 20:02
That's what happens when you make a track out of a mish-mash of corners from other circuits, I guess.

That's what happens when you let Mr. Tilke build a track for you. ;)

Pink_650S
28-05-2015, 06:30
I was about to name almost all tracks of Mr. Tilke, but l thought some people might get offended :p

Neil Hopwood
28-05-2015, 06:55
You know Hermann tilke didn't design the layout.

His firm did the architectural work, but the layout was conceived by Tavo Hellmund and Kevin Schwantz.

Bealdor
28-05-2015, 06:58
You know Hermann tilke didn't design the layout.

His firm did the architectural work, but the layout was conceived by Tavo Hellmund and Kevin Schwantz.

Oups, didn't know that. You learn something new everyday. :cool:

Pink_650S
28-05-2015, 07:29
Hellmund and Kevin Schwantz.

I'll send them a hate-mail :p

MillsLayne
29-05-2015, 19:20
The first Rainbow Road in Super Mario Kart. Damn track gave me nightmares.

flymar
29-05-2015, 19:24
Offroad tracks in TOCA Race driver 2&3. They were so wrong:)

transfix
30-05-2015, 00:54
Probably think I'm crazy, but I can't stand racing on Laguna Seca anymore. That is simply because it has been in every damn racing game. Too many hours logged on that track.

Ridgey
30-05-2015, 16:22
Mine will have to be another vote for Sebring. Just can't stand that track.

Mr Akina
30-05-2015, 17:14
Macau from Race Pro, the San Francisco circuit from Grid and the New York circuit in Forza 3 - especially for the Endurance Racing.

I love Sebring and Mugello lol

jsydave
30-05-2015, 17:17
Easily Fiji Speedway. Only for the last few fiddly corners. Horrible

Furters
31-05-2015, 14:38
I hate the Sakitto GP circuit that I've encountered on Project Cars. There are too many long slow corners, but even more cases of corners being too close together so i don't feel any flow to the race at all. That seems like a terrible description or what I feel about it, but I hate racing that track, to the point I'm staying away from the Asia Pacific series in career so I don't have to touch it.

o Mike V o
31-05-2015, 14:40
Yas Marina, absolutely shit circuit. I hope SMS doesn't waste time or resources putting that track in this game. Even F1 drivers dislike that track.

jsydave
31-05-2015, 15:22
What was the really long twisty nonsense in Forza 4.Sidewinder? That was just about more awful then Fuji.

o Mike V o
31-05-2015, 15:27
What was the really long twisty nonsense in Forza 4.Sidewinder? That was just about more awful then Fuji.

Fujimi Kaido? There is a twisty desert track I am thinking of too but I think its from FM3 though.

edit: here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x6UqrfgZdY

jsydave
31-05-2015, 15:59
That's the fella. Awful. No flow and a silly hairpin section or two. Just no. No no

Mowzer
31-05-2015, 18:01
All the Snake circuits on Forza 2/3 really did like them at all did not flow at all nice.

Megalomanic87
01-06-2015, 05:11
I'll get a bit of stick for this one...

Spa.

Reason? I'm sick of every fool selecting it online like it's Mecca. They've taken away the gravel traps around the track which makes it boring (IMO), and worst of all, they've changed the bus stop section!! Really grown to dislike this track in recent years online and offline.

Other notable mentions are; New York (forza) and Glencairn (Pcars).

Yuyuko
01-06-2015, 05:13
Instead of trying to articulate, I'll just post this video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNSNHiCmA7A

cerbrus2
01-06-2015, 07:48
Special stage route 11 GT1

Laurens Van Rossem
01-06-2015, 08:28
Worst track has to be Baby Track from mariokart double dash

Silversn95
08-06-2015, 19:45
Sebring, stupid bumpy concrete sections.

I'll second this word for word and will add, flat. I hate flat characterless tracks. Forza 5 may have also given me a bad taste of the track since the reflections from the low sun drove me up the wall. If the condition of the track in real life is as bad as F5 makes it appear, why the hell haven't they refinished the last turn? It is ridiculous.

TheReaper GT
08-06-2015, 19:51

DIRTY SINNER auhahuuha :P

Aub
08-06-2015, 19:58
The "new" Silverstone GP layout, complete and utter pish. The old layout with bridge luffield etc however was awesome and its a shame its not in Pcars.

Another track i hate is suzuka, gran turismo killed that for me.
And finally every "modern" F1 circuit loooooooooooong straights into stupid tight corners no flow just rubbish.

OperatorWay
08-06-2015, 20:57
I can't think of any fictitious/fantasy track I've ever liked in any motorsport-inspired racing game. As visually appealing as some of the trackside scenery around fictional tracks can be, I don't think game-makers are good track designers when it comes to course layouts. I have yet to drive any fictitious track in any car racing game that came anywhere close to feeling as authentic, enjoyable, & rewarding as any real-world track layout. I think authentic motorsport-inspired racing games should only include real-world tracks.

...P.S. - It breaks my poor old heart to see so much CotA hate in this thread. :( I absolutely love Circuit of the Americas! I've been there many times (even driven it), and the racing is always good. The Red Bull F1 team set the fastest pit stop record there in 2013 (1.923 seconds).

Awong124
08-06-2015, 21:45
Willow Springs.

bc525
08-06-2015, 21:55
This thread seems a bit harsh. I’m seeing some very enjoyable tracks getting posted here – Road America, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Circuit of the Americas, and even Spa.

I love those tracks, but to each his own I guess.

dominiczeth
09-06-2015, 12:00
I love every track! There are no tracks for me where i think they are bad. Every track have it's own characteristics and that's what i love about Racing Sims.

Shepard2603
09-06-2015, 12:05
Bathurst for me (at least at my current state of knowledge of the tracks). The mountain passage is so demanding at high speeds...one little error and you hit the wall, and this last sharp left turn before the long straight is so "goddamnit, missed it again" $@$/§#*

OrenIshii BE
09-06-2015, 12:15
For me it's oval tracks in general.
i just find it boring and not challenging enough.

o Mike V o
09-06-2015, 14:49
try racing at a couple of hundred mph with other cars all around and tell me how boring and not challenging it is lol

mcbrew
09-06-2015, 15:14

I have exactly the opposite :) the first time i drove arround that track in project cars, i imediately got in a flow and started improving laptimes every lap i did.

I dont like circuito de catalunya very much. I especially hate the last sector.

CustomInternals
10-06-2015, 23:20
Bathurst. First time ever driving that track was when Forza introduced it into their lineup. Never liked it. Not once. Too boring for how long it is. Too narrow in the only section that isn't boring. I know it's a track that a lot of people like and to each their own. Just my opinion.

MillsLayne
11-06-2015, 04:29
http://www.gtfan.ru/forum/go.php?http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1600x1200q90/854/cxk7.jpg

Did we ever discuss this disgusting PoS from GT3? :o

girlracerTracey
11-06-2015, 04:45
Losail on motogp. I hate it!

On some tracks with the right wind I can beat the best in the world..if they falter or make a small mistake. On Losail I am chasing my tail. I hate that bloody track to hell and back! It's boring and featureless and should be made into a car park.

Just thought I would make that clear. God I feel better for that. :friendly_wink:

grT

Fyrwulf
11-06-2015, 05:22
Bathurst. First time ever driving that track was when Forza introduced it into their lineup. Never liked it. Not once. Too boring for how long it is. Too narrow in the only section that isn't boring. I know it's a track that a lot of people like and to each their own. Just my opinion.

I felt the same way at first, but once you get the narrow section down it's very rewarding. Mine is Fujimi Kaido because I'm not a drifter and it's not a real course. Give me Fuji Speedway, which to my knowledge has NEVER been in a racing game.

bc525
11-06-2015, 05:25
http://www.gtfan.ru/forum/go.php?http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1600x1200q90/854/cxk7.jpg

You know that layout kind of reminds me of the "Test Track" in the early Forza games. Literally impossible to race on that track, it was so one-lined everywhere. Someone here made the comment that fictional tracks very rarely match the challenge (and the fun factor) of real world race tracks, and that's so true.

Fyrwulf
11-06-2015, 05:30
You know that layout kind of reminds me of the "Test Track" in the early Forza games. Literally impossible to race on that track, it was so one-lined everywhere. Someone here made the comment that fictional tracks very rarely match the challenge (and the fun factor) of real world race tracks, and that's so true.

The test track in the original Gran Turismo was pretty fun, especially if you just wanted to go Jezza Mode and speed drift that long left.

MillsLayne
11-06-2015, 06:20

Yeah, aside from a couple of tracks from the early GTs, I much prefer real life tracks. It just goes to show that creating a good, racey track that's fun is harder than it looks.

m355y
11-06-2015, 06:56
Korea from the F1 games. Bloody horrible, dull, long straight - hairpin - long straight - type track with a section of horrible corners that last forever and tighten and tighten, never been any good on that circuit and can never muster any enthusiasm for racing on it. I've never been a fan of Sepang either.

SL1DE
11-06-2015, 07:34
Any track designed by Herman Tilke.

UMadBro
11-06-2015, 07:57
Well, if my opinion for worst track is related to the Mario Kart series then that'd be N64 Yoshi Valley. I'm honestly a little confused but do correct me if I'm wrong. Or not...

MillsLayne
11-06-2015, 18:54
Well, if my opinion for worst track is related to the Mario Kart series then that'd be N64 Yoshi Valley. I'm honestly a little confused but do correct me if I'm wrong. Or not...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Didn't it have multiple paths that could easily turn you around?

TheReaper GT
12-06-2015, 08:43

Holy crap, track designer went way too high on something to make that thing.

transfix
12-06-2015, 10:55

Was great for cat and mouse lol.

Hornet0404
14-06-2015, 12:12
Of the real world tracks, I absolutely hate Monaco GP.
Way too claustrophobic, and that stupid hairpin, Turn 6. Any race on that track is won or lost at Qualifying.
https://theformulaoneandmotorsportsarchive.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/monaco-2003-will-pittenger.png

As for fictitious tracks.

Eiger Nordwand Short in GT5

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/gran-turismo/images/f/f1/Eiger_Nordwand_Short_Track.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/240?cb=20150418072735

SL1DE
14-06-2015, 13:01
Of the real world tracks, I absolutely hate Monaco GP.
Way too claustrophobic, and that stupid hairpin, Turn 6. Any race on that track is won or lost at Qualifying.
https://theformulaoneandmotorsportsarchive.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/monaco-2003-will-pittenger.png

As for fictitious tracks.

Eiger Nordwand Short in GT5

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/gran-turismo/images/f/f1/Eiger_Nordwand_Short_Track.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/240?cb=20150418072735

Those who hate it, can't master it!

It's one of my favourite tracks ever, I love lapping Monaco.

Brooksmeister13
14-06-2015, 13:43
Worst real track: Yas Marina. Featureless and boring
Worst fake track: New York from GT4. So many 90 degree corners!

Did anyone else enjoy Black Forest Raceway or Trail Mountain from the GT series? Best fictional tracks imo.

m355y
14-06-2015, 13:55
Yas Marina is shite, I forgot that one. I've driven it on every F1 game and seriously struggle to remember anything about any part of that track. It's just straight followed by chicane followed by kink isn't it.

Hornet0404
14-06-2015, 17:45
Those who hate it, can't master it!

It's one of my favourite tracks ever, I love lapping Monaco.

Well, I'm not scared of admitting my own limits.

Schnizz58
14-06-2015, 18:13
Any tracks people hate?
Long Beach...most street circuits in fact. Yas Marina is right up there too.

m355y
14-06-2015, 18:58
I used to love the old CART street circuits on Newman-Haas Racing and Flag To Flag on the Dreamcast - liked Long Beach, but also Surfers Paradise, Houston, Toronto, the one I loved watching on tv though was Cleveland that was this amazing flat airfield course, so wide and so good for racing - but I'm not sure that was ever included in a game.

D-Ther
14-06-2015, 19:46
I hate Donnington....... And love Bathust and Laguna Seca

xautos
15-06-2015, 08:10
i dont like lapping around willow springs on pcars, its all off camber and easy to make mistakes on and even if your not making mistakes its more punishing then you want but the one track i hate lapping around with a passion on is nord, pcars or not. its too long, too disruptive to my racing style, and its taken the lives of actual racing drivers over its time. the track should be a tourist attraction or a tomb, not a race track.

back in my f1c days my happy hunting ground used to be sepang and silverstone pre wing upgrade.

Invincible
15-06-2015, 08:48
[...] is nord, pcars or not. its too long, too disruptive to my racing style, and its taken the lives of actual racing drivers over its time. the track should be a tourist attraction or a tomb, not a race track.

Yes it may have taken some lives. But many tracks did. Le Mans for example. 117 casualties. 82 alone in the accident in 1955.
Nords is an iconic racetrack and should be kept open for decades!

xautos
15-06-2015, 11:20
cant agree with you there, i mean at least lemans has seen updates to its safety over the years. nord hasnt really seen any modern improvements to its safety. i mean i seen races from 70's on youtube and the track has not changed a lot between then and when i saw that wtcc weekend a few weeks back.

Invincible
15-06-2015, 13:47
I agree with you on the safety updates. There hasn't happened too much on Nords. But still - I want to see the 24h VLN races there in future.
Even if they could add huge run-off area, it would completely destroy the spirit of this track. Yes, the Nordschleife is dangerous and anachronistic, but that's whats constitutes it's beauty.
Changing it is a no-go for me.

ToOSk3tChY
15-06-2015, 13:50
I'm not that keen on Snetterton