PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated ps4 servers? (2 weeks and no answer?)

lordymatsuo
23-05-2015, 21:07
Ive tried bumping, ive tried pm'ing Ian, Ive been patient for nearly 2 weeks.

Can a mod or Dev please answer? All we really want is one of the below answers

1. Yes its planned for the future
2. No its not possible
3. Its not planned but we might look into it

>>>>>>> original message >>>>>>>

I see the PC guys have a dedicaed server option for private race lobbies. Is this a feature we might see on the PS4 anytime in the future?

C6ckneyGeezer
23-05-2015, 21:39
Tbh I only ever see 20 lobbies, then when I change any filter settings I see no lobbies.

So I hope so.

MULTIVITZ
23-05-2015, 21:46
Yeah I'm lucky to browse 2 pages and most are driving GT3! Give it time, its my first game with this console.

lordymatsuo
23-05-2015, 22:10
I hope they do add support for it its getting hard work inviting full lobby of friends every night lol

lordymatsuo
24-05-2015, 17:26
Bump. Anyone got any ideas on if this is in the pipeline?

lordymatsuo
25-05-2015, 07:42
Ok im only bumping once a day but amazed how little attention this has got, with the carnage most people are complaining about in online open lobbies causing most serious racers to find private lobby groups, dedicated servers seems like the logical solution for those groups.

Can i be the only one?

Pink_650S
25-05-2015, 07:44
PM Ian.

andyparks
25-05-2015, 08:20
I'm Feb up of the game freezing for split a second when driving it only happens on multiplayer so it's go to do with the cr4p servers

lordymatsuo
26-05-2015, 07:12
Today's bump, hoping a dev or mod will see this and be able to help. Is it a planned feature or just not possible because of console limitations?

lordymatsuo
01-06-2015, 10:55
Left this alone for a while but going to bump again. Running a clean racing community takes so much time and effort, we are desperate for either password protected private lobbies or dedicated servers.

Main issues with just having private option only

1. You need a host to start a session
2. That host needs to be friends with everyone in our group
3. Host needs to constantly send out invites to drivers wanting to join
4. Because it's set to private even friends of host can't join

Password on private lobbies allowing friends of host to just join with the password would go a great way to helping clean racing communities.

Dedicated servers (monthly fee I presume) would be the ultimate solution as you then don't need a host. Server admin sets up the server with a track rotation and race format and anyone can join it as and when they want.

Please Dev or Mod, if you have anything you can tease on this front, is anything in the pipeline to help with this?

Fong74
01-06-2015, 12:35
Very good topic! Our community is struggeling more and more after the first few weks after release, too. Ppl want to race more and more online and together with other members/freinds. Atm the process is rather clumsy. Although racing itself works just fine, which must be said, as other racing titles did have bigger problems after launch. But anhooo

From the official site:

"PUBLIC LOBBIES
Public Lobbies are designed for quick or ad-hoc games with strangers. A lobby countdown timer dictates when the event begins and players can give a thumbs up to say they're ready to go which speeds it up and gets everyone into the game faster. So if you're playing multiple online games in a row with the same people, you're sure to be able to jump into each with as little fuss as possible. Public Lobbies appear in a global browsable Current Public Games list that any player can join in and invite their friends to.

FRIEND LOBBIES
Friend Lobbies are designed for you and your friends to play in a more trustworthy environment with a host determining when the game starts based on communication amongst your friends either by text (PC) or voice chat (PS4, Xbox One).
Players can join Friend Lobbies either by choosing 'Join Game' from their Friend List or from being invited in by someone already in the lobby.

PRIVATE LOBBIES
Private Lobbies are designed for players and companies out there that wish to only allow players that meet certain criteria entry. Eg.. you may be the curator of a sim racing league or large brand that wishes to only allow competition winners or league members access to a lobby.
With a Private Lobby you can thereby create bespoke lobbies of specific people that are only allowed to play."

Right now the "Friend" lobbies are not there. Its only "Public" and "Private". So my take is, there are features missing. As the title is obviously also targeting core racers running leagues and such, I am really positive that an update will bring features needed for that. I dont expect that to happen before 1-3 bug-fixing patches have been released during the next weeks and months.

We are heading into the summer where gaming generally falls back behind other activities in general. Major releases omit that time of the year not without any reason. So my gut feeling would be: pCars will be league ready by the end of August. Hopefully :angel:

Slicker_VR
01-06-2015, 13:03
PM Ian.

i tried that about the 'race officials' thread i started - no response

lordymatsuo
03-06-2015, 07:42
FRIEND LOBBIES
Friend Lobbies are designed for you and your friends to play in a more trustworthy environment with a host determining when the game starts based on communication amongst your friends either by text (PC) or voice chat (PS4, Xbox One).
Players can join Friend Lobbies either by choosing 'Join Game' from their Friend List or from being invited in by someone already in the lobby.

Read this and got excited, quickly turned on PS4 thinking "no way have a missed this" go to create lobby and find only "Public / Private" continue reading thread and see you mention this option is still missing from the game lol.

Something like this would be great and help towards stopping the constant inviting we have to do in our community when new drivers come online.

It's frustrating that there has been no response on this thread. We are a month past launch, and ideas like this are either in the planning stage or not. Someone doesn't just 1 day wake up and say right PS4 need dedicated servers in the next patch. It takes a lot of planning and time I imagine to plan for a feature like this.

So the simple answer to this thread from an official SMS team member confirming it's in the works or not would suffice for now.

lordymatsuo
03-06-2015, 19:57
Comon Mods / Dev's :) I've had this topic going about a week can any of you put us out of our misery. Even to tell us "ITS NOT CURRENTLY PLANNED"

This suspense and going unanswered for so long is not good for my stress levels lol

lordymatsuo
04-06-2015, 12:45
today's bump, still looking for an answer

lordymatsuo
05-06-2015, 06:46
Bump and original post updated

deedub777
05-06-2015, 08:54
As far as i can tell, the 'Friend' lobby is integrated in 'Private'.

Start a Party chat
Start a private lobby
Friends come online and 'Join Game' through the Party chat.

Only thing missing is the ability to join and watch while a race is in progress.
...nearly there...

lordymatsuo
05-06-2015, 09:00
As far as i can tell, the 'Friend' lobby is integrated in 'Private'.

Start a Party chat
Start a private lobby
Friends come online and 'Join Game' through the Party chat.

Only thing missing is the ability to join and watch while a race is in progress.
...nearly there...

Just tested this and it doesn't let people join from friends list or from party chat if lobby is set to private :(

deedub777
05-06-2015, 09:23
Just tested this and it doesn't let people join from friends list or from party chat if lobby is set to private :(
strange, we've done this regularly - I'll go re-check tonight.

lordymatsuo
05-06-2015, 09:31
strange, we've done this regularly - I'll go re-check tonight.

Works if the lobby is public but not private

oRuin
05-06-2015, 13:29
@ Ian and crew. We just want to know if dedicated servers for the PS4 are being planned at all. I mean, if not, no big deal. When purchasing a console version of a game instead of the PC version we know what we might not probably be getting in terms of some features. We would just like to setup race lobbies without spending 5-10 minutes between races inviting people. Maybe some other workaround is in the works?

Cheers and keep up the good work!
Loving the game.

Fre.Mo
05-06-2015, 14:10
@ Ian and crew. We just want to know if dedicated servers for the PS4 are being planned at all. I mean, if not, no big deal. When purchasing a console version of a game instead of the PC version we know what we might not probably be getting in terms of some features. We would just like to setup race lobbies without spending 5-10 minutes between races inviting people. Maybe some other workaround is in the works?

Cheers and keep up the good work!
Loving the game.

Indeed, the hosts make a great job inviting friends at the begining of each event...

lordymatsuo
06-06-2015, 13:20
todays bump

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 13:23
It's not on the cards for now. I's an costly and complex thing to do on console if you're not 1st party.

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 13:23
i tried that about the 'race officials' thread i started - no response

Sorry guys, I've given up on PM's I simply can't cope with the numbers.

lordymatsuo
06-06-2015, 13:41
Guy's I have done so much research on this now, here's just a hand full of other threads asking for better private lobby options either with password or dedicated option.

Thought I'd start grouping them all as I find them as it's clear there is a demand for this and appears mod's (USE PC) and keep advising wrongly.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28145-Mulitplayer-Private-Lobby

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24523-How-to-join-a-friends-online-private-lobby

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24436-Private-Lobbies-aren-t-Private

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24683-Can-t-create-a-private-session

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23746-Possible-online-improvements

lordymatsuo
06-06-2015, 13:42
It's not on the cards for now. I's an costly and complex thing to do on console if you're not 1st party.

Hi Ian, many thanks for the confirmation, will we get passwords at least, same as PC? or the ability for friends only to join private lobbies using the join session feature rather than having to keep inviting people? These 2 features will also help solve our problems greatly.