PDA

View Full Version : Retiring ALWAYS puts you in last place...... bug?

AP200
23-05-2015, 22:33
I was racing today and two cars crashed in the first turn on the first lap and both retired (they lost wheels and I saw the cars parked in the pits when I drove by to start lap two and at the end of the race they were classified as "retired"). On lap two I got run over and lost my rear tires and so instead or restarting, I took the realistic approach and retired.... and I got placed in last. It's not a huge deal but if I'm the third person to retire, shouldn't I be classified as third from last?

I tried to see if it was a one off deal so in another race I forced someone off into the wall causing them to lose a front wheel and then retire (and I waited until they were retired to the pits to be sure) and then I retired and had the same results as before.

It's really nitpicky, I know, but it's a simple thing and that's why it bothers me.

Anyone else come across this?

awaite85
23-05-2015, 22:48
Yes

wraithsrike
23-05-2015, 23:17
Isn't it DNF = zero points either way?

Alan Dallas
23-05-2015, 23:23
It is, but there is a known sorting error for DNF's.

AP200
24-05-2015, 00:31

Yeah, like I said, it's not a huge deal, but it drives my OCD crazy.

Also, I didn't know if any championships in career mode gave points to all drivers similar to Indycars point system, so it's good to know that this won't really affect my progress at any point.