PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a noob

SirVito
24-05-2015, 01:38
Hi Everyone,

I have installed Project Cars a few days ago on my PC and I must admit I love the game.

Now, here is the matter: I started the career mode and, although I know I am a noob regarding tunings, I am not completely convinced that the problems I am facing on the track are only depending on that. For example I noticed that I dominate certain levels vs opponents ACE (100/100), I completely suck in some others. In particular I suffer the rear traction vehicles, I am not able to throttle out of the turns, the car goes everywhere but where I want it to go... But from suffering to not being able of completing a single entire lap there is a huge gap!!! So I was wondering... maybe is it because I am playing with the keyboard?????? I have also seen some videos regarding tunings but maybe that is already a bit too complicated for me, do you know any written guide instead of "spoken"?

Every tip to improve is welcomed. Thanks

Lars Rosenquist
24-05-2015, 07:20
Keyboard will be significantly harder than controller or wheel I guess. Haven't played with keyboard a lot myself, but we do have some keyboard players out there that could be of assistance. I think having warmed up tires is even more important for you too.

Nightfall
24-05-2015, 08:40
So I was wondering... maybe is it because I am playing with the keyboard??????

Yes. Even a cheap wheel would be significantly better. The problem with a keyboard is when you hit your throttle key it's 100% throttle. You can't take a rear wheel drive car with several hundred horsepower in some cases and just floor it out of a corner, you have to gradually accelerate to maintain traction. Same goes for steering. When you drive a car you gradually turn the wheel around a corner and gradually turn it back to straighten out. With a keyboard you're turning the wheel ALL of the way right/left when you press a turn key.

Fearless1885
24-05-2015, 08:42
Im just about coping with a controller...(im picking up a Logitech DFGT today) If you're using a keyboard, i cant see it working for much longer lol

fitzsteve
24-05-2015, 11:17
Definitely get yourself a wheel!

SirVito
24-05-2015, 11:57
Yes. Even a cheap wheel would be significantly better. The problem with a keyboard is when you hit your throttle key it's 100% throttle. You can't take a rear wheel drive car with several hundred horsepower in some cases and just floor it out of a corner, you have to gradually accelerate to maintain traction. Same goes for steering. When you drive a car you gradually turn the wheel around a corner and gradually turn it back to straighten out. With a keyboard you're turning the wheel ALL of the way right/left when you press a turn key.

Will I have the same kind of effect with a controller as well? Cause I have an old one I might restore.... or am I "forced" to buy a wheel to be competitive?

Umer Ahmad
24-05-2015, 12:02
No we have "competitive" guys using gamepad too

Lars Rosenquist
24-05-2015, 15:46
A controller would be a hell of an improvement over keyboard IMO, and it's cheap solution too.