PDA

View Full Version : Mclaren P1, worst car in the game...hard to control

ADHDmania
24-05-2015, 04:41
Im on PC playing with Xbox one controller

McLaren P1 just out of control all the time, everytime you try to make a turn and give a little gas, it drifting all over the place

I drive other cars no problem....

why? it's P1 just sucks or i am suck driving it?

any advice? i love the appearance of P1, i just can't enjoy driving it

Budski
24-05-2015, 04:46

McLaren P1 just out of control all the time, everytime you try to make a turn and give a little gas, it drifting all over the place

You obviously haven't driven one in Forza 5, you don't even need a turn for that to go wrong, a straight will do it lol

JDFSSS
24-05-2015, 04:52

what tires are you using? make sure you equip the track tires if they are available. i know some of the street cars are nearly undrivable on the default tires, then become way better once u switch to the track tires.

Lars Rosenquist
24-05-2015, 07:22
The car ís hard to control with wheel too. Make sure you have the correct tires on there and that they are warmed up. Then be smooth on your inputs. It takes a bit of practice, but definitely doable in the end. And it feels so rewarding once you've mastered it.

wraithsrike
24-05-2015, 07:49
How strange, now I struggle with a lot of cars in this game, but this one for me is a dream, so we'll planted I just put my steering rack to slow and left the rest default.

Brilliant car, for me anyway.

Alan Dallas
24-05-2015, 07:56
The real car was also designed with Traction & Stability Control so people don't kill themselves with that much HP. I suggest you set Assists to "Real".

nomen nescio
24-05-2015, 08:00
No problem controlling the P1 with no traction control. I seem to have more problems without ABS. I almost always need ABS switched on, if possible because I have set the Driver Aids to "real".

The P1 on Monza with pCars and Assetto Corsa; almost the exact laptime in both games (standard car setup). Excellent (not me but the similaritiy of both games).

wraithsrike
24-05-2015, 08:22
Same I don't use traction control but for some reason have to use abs, lock up is far to easy achieve on a controller no matter how easy I am on the brakes even with adjusting the pressure I either get no braking or lock up, abs for me is the way to go.

SRT SPEEDY
24-05-2015, 08:33
One off the most wellbehaved beasts Ive ever driven. To easy???

Lars Rosenquist
24-05-2015, 15:50
With all assists off? Then respect to you! :D

Gavin Thomas
24-05-2015, 16:11
The car ís hard to control with wheel too. Make sure you have the correct tires on there and that they are warmed up. Then be smooth on your inputs. It takes a bit of practice, but definitely doable in the end. And it feels so rewarding once you've mastered it.

Really? I actually enjoy the P1, once you increase the Acceleration diff or reduce (slide to the left what ever that is lol) it's an absolute blast to drive done many laps round The Green Hell in the P1.

Lars Rosenquist
24-05-2015, 16:13
Haven't tried tuning on it yet, been driving the stock version and I find it quite a handful, especially with cold tires. Will try your diff advice. :)

Gavin Thomas
24-05-2015, 16:26
That would explain it then! I can't disagree with you on it being a handful with the stock set up.

Dim0N
24-05-2015, 17:28
That's funny. Physics of almost all machines and so very easy, much more easily ..

wraithsrike
24-05-2015, 18:12
Haven't tried tuning on it yet, been driving the stock version and I find it quite a handful, especially with cold tires. Will try your diff advice. :)

Two top sliders to the far right 3rd slider set far left bud.

hobieone
25-05-2015, 05:19
i know even in drive club and in this game you have to ease that car into the throttle or you'll be in trouble. but yeah the p1 is also a car you want the assists set to real. or it almost not driveable. i heard the real one was that way as well too. another car that is that way in real life if it is ever added to the game. is the dodge viper which is why it was taken off the market for a couple years there and re introduced with it new electronic stability system without it the viper would more then likely kill the driver.