PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition DLC - Why can UK users NOT get this?

BONGO46
24-05-2015, 07:37
Hi

I pre-ordered the game a while ago and at the time the LE DLC had run out. I was quite frustrated by this, anyway I received the game with the modified pack. The answer now seems to be - go buy a digital copy.

Well I don't like to download full games, I prefer 'hard' disc copies.

Also scouring though these forums I see posts from WMD employees talking about budget constraints. If you were to release the LE DLC for UK users you could see 'n' multiplied x.99 which generate a short term boost in funds which could contribute to resources for any purpose.

I can't understand the reasoning on not releasing this as it would just be a download of additional content that shouldn't require much effort from WMD? I know it's LE but myself and a lot of others missed out due to scarce copies manufactured up to release on ps4 from the retailers.

Thanks

MysterG
24-05-2015, 07:43
You don't think releasing LE stuff after 2 weeks might not just annoy those people who bought it as LE? Not to mention those outside the UK who have been unable to get it.

Unfortunately you just can't please everyone. It may be released in the future, but not this soon.

BONGO46
24-05-2015, 07:47
Thanks for the reply, no worries - just wanted the Sauber C9 really lol

madmax2069
24-05-2015, 07:56
I thought you could buy the limited edition upgrade DLC on the PlayStation store already, at least its on the US PSN store.The US PSN store lists 4 DLC packs for Project cars two are free (lykan hypersport, and liveries pack 1), and two cost money (Limited edition upgrade, and the modified car pack).

MysterG
24-05-2015, 07:59
In the US the preorder LE was unavailable. This was the only way to get it.

loslogo
24-05-2015, 08:09
Please make this availble to people in Australia as well, the modified car pack would be awesome as well. Plenty of dollars to be made boys :courage:

andyparks
24-05-2015, 08:47
It's because we don't live in America and the get everything I can't even do the thrustmaster competition what a load of cr4p

xLeper_Messiah
24-05-2015, 09:33
Oh yeah, here in America we get everything. Well, except for the fact that we had no way whatsoever to get a hard copy limited edition here. Also we couldn't pre-order the digital version on Ps4 at all. But yeah, we totally get everything just handed to us here.

*eyeroll*

Liquid7394
24-05-2015, 09:51
As an owner of both the pre-order and LE content I really think everyone should have the right to buy the content. I really hate when content such as cars are pre-order or special edition bonuses. I know people who didn't even get the pre-order content even though it was advertised they would, is there anyway they can get what was promised to them?

armchair_driver
24-05-2015, 11:12
Hi

I pre-ordered the game a while ago and at the time the LE DLC had run out. I was quite frustrated by this, anyway I received the game with the modified pack. The answer now seems to be - go buy a digital copy.

Also scouring though these forums I see posts from WMD employees talking about budget constraints. If you were to release the LE DLC for UK users you could see 'n' multiplied x.99 which generate a short term boost in funds which could contribute to resources for any purpose.

I can't understand the reasoning on not releasing this as it would just be a download of additional content that shouldn't require much effort from WMD? I know it's LE but myself and a lot of others missed out due to scarce copies manufactured up to release on ps4 from the retailers.

Thanks

It would be nice to have the option to download the LE car pack, especially when the game reminds you that the pack is available to buy.... I only wanted the McLaren F1. If you try to buy the pack via the US PSN Store it dumps you back to the UK one saying that the content is unavailable in your area.

GTP_Monkey
24-05-2015, 12:59
Hi

Thanks

Are you asking for the Pre order cars or the Limited Edition ? If you did pre-order the game you should have the codes, As for Limited Edition, It is just that, A limited Edition and you should have gotten that version had you want it. Limited Editions means it aint going to be made in huge numbers so will not be available to all and sundry.

Oi Oi JC
24-05-2015, 13:57
What annoys me the most is that I paid 44.95 each for 2 disc copies of Pcars, one for xbone & one for PS4 & in Playstation store the digital download edition of Pcars is 44.95 & includes the ltd edition dlc car pack as a FREE upgrade!!!!, in the xbl store the digital download of pcars is 49.95 but again this is bundled with the ltd edition dlc pack!!!!

So I have paid the same money but am denied the dlc because I chose to buy a physical copy of the game, why is that?

Very unfair I think

I hope the ltd edition car pack is released as free dlc on both consoles soon!

Spirit X
24-05-2015, 16:34
This talk of 'it's not available because it's LIMITED' is bs. It's available as standard if you download the digital version in the UK. Not limited in any way whatsoever. It's also available to anybody who has $2.99 in the US. Not limited in any way whatsoever.

GTP_Monkey
24-05-2015, 16:52
This talk of 'it's not available because it's LIMITED' is bs. It's available as standard if you download the digital version in the UK. Not limited in any way whatsoever. It's also available to anybody who has $2.99 in the US. Not limited in any way whatsoever.

I suggest you look up the word (Limited) in the dictionary. Also the Limited Edition was only available on PSN for pre orders

Spirit X
24-05-2015, 17:24
I suggest you look up the word (Limited) in the dictionary. Also the Limited Edition was only available on PSN for pre orders

I think that's kind of my point isn't it. We all know what limited means but they have made the 'LIMITED' extras available in a completely unlimited fashion...and then we have had the fact that it is a 'limited' release used as a reason to explain why the pack is not available as DLC. It completely defies logic.

Also, go to the PSN store and look at Project CARS. The standard digital version includes the LIMITED EDITION content (in the UK, as I said).

Oi Oi JC
24-05-2015, 17:28

Maybe you should read my post......?

IamtheSTIG78
25-05-2015, 05:36
I pre-ordered my standard copy from Game but I didn't get a pre-order content code. Should I have got one from them? As for the limited edition content I can't wait for it to be released as a dlc. There's some awesome cars there I want to get my hands on.

Psychomatrix
25-05-2015, 05:57
If you call some limited UPGRADE dlc and in the standard version you became the hint to take the LE before it's gone are in my opinion cheating people. Or does that mean i should buy the le edition even i have the standard. The marketing strategy here was not the best at all. Then it makes no sense to put such dominant cars in LE because a lot of people don't have them in multiplayer. As standard game owner you never have a chance to go up in some leaderboards.

BONGO46
25-05-2015, 07:45
Another thing is that in the UK I could buy the digital version which includes all packs. But this is after release and seems odd going back to the disc version. Seems to be limited for disc users but indefinite for digital users.

momotaone
26-05-2015, 01:50
Just found out today, that in Multiplayer Lobbies I was able to race against guys with LE-Cars and obviously I was able to drive the M1 or the McLaren DTM by myself. I think it on the option "Use same cars"... So...
The cars are in the game, I am able to drive with them, when some LE-Edition Users play with me, and otherwise there should be no way to use them?
Please, bring the DLC-Packs to Store (German and UK).
I'll pay the 5 € for supporting your development, but please! Give us this cars...

Oi Oi JC
26-05-2015, 20:37
What annoys me the most is that I paid 44.95 each for 2 disc copies of Pcars, one for xbone & one for PS4 & in Playstation store the digital download edition of Pcars is 44.95 & includes the ltd edition dlc car pack as a FREE upgrade!!!!, in the xbl store the digital download of pcars is 49.95 but again this is bundled with the ltd edition dlc pack!!!!

So I have paid the same money but am denied the dlc because I chose to buy a physical copy of the game, why is that?

Very unfair I think

I hope the ltd edition car pack is released as free dlc on both consoles soon!

Here is a copy of the email I sent to Pete Morrish at SMS on 20/05/15, I am still waiting for a reply.

To: <petemorrish@slightlymadstudios.com>
Subject: Ltd edition car pack dlc PS4 & xbox one
Date: Wed, May 20, 2015 14:11

Hi Pete,
I have been asked to contact you by Ian Bell regarding the Ltd edition car pack dlc.
I bought disc copies of Pcars for both xbox one & PS4, I only bought std edition for financial reasons due to buying for both consoles, each copy was 44.95 from Tesco.
I have since noticed that the digital download edition of the game is available for 44.95 from PlayStation store & includes the Ltd edition car pack dlc as a free upgrade! & that the digital download edition for Xbox one is 49.95 but also comes bundled with the Ltd edition car pack dlc for that price.

I am very disappointed that there is no option for those of us who chose to buy a physical copy of the game to download the Ltd edition car pack as a free uprgrade & would like to know if & when it will be available to us as a free upgrade?.

Sincerely

Justin Claxton

Oi Oi JC
27-05-2015, 17:44
Had a reply from Pete today:
----- Reply message -----
From: "Pete Morrish" <petemorrish@slightlymadstudios.com>
To: <@gmail.com>
Subject: Ltd edition car pack dlc PS4 & xbox one
Date: Wed, May 27, 2015 09:59

Hey Justin,

Thanks for your email.

I hear you regarding the pricing / content of the physical vs. digital versions. The basic reason is that a physical copy has a residual / trade-in value, and that’s offset against the non-tradeability of the digital version by the latter coming with more content. If we didn’t do it that way, the digital version would seem very bad value.

There may well be an opportunity to buy the Digital Edition’s DLC at a later date. I can’t say anything that hasn’t already been announced by Namco’s PR, so I can’t confirm one way or the other for definite, I’m afraid.

Watch this space! And thanks for the support.

Thanks,

Pete.

Pete Morrish
Director of Production
Slightly Mad Studios

Not entirely satisfied with that but I understand what he is saying, anyhow here is my response:

Hi Pete,
Thanks for getting back to me. I understand what you say regarding the residual/trade in values of the physical copy but in my opinion it's irrelevant & just makes the physical copy very bad value.
I chose to buy physical copies because I live in the Meon valley in Hampshire in the middle of the countryside, we don't have fibre broadband out here in fact we are lucky to have internet at all, on a good day I get around 7mb download speeds so you can understand why I am not going to be buying & downloading nearly 19gb of game any time soon.

Trade in value is also irrelevant because it's impossible to trade in a physical copy against a download, at best I could sell for cash at a massive loss, Game currently offer 21 cash price, gamesxchange.co.uk buy for 26.25 & cex buy for 26 - that is around 50% loss or more & totally unacceptable to me.

Maybe if the digital version was priced somewhere in between the std & Ltd edition I wouldn't feel so bitter about it but having paid the same price I feel I've been unfairly discriminated against for no valid reason & I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

I think its only right & fair that sms/Namco give those of us who bought physical copies of the game access to the dlc at no extra cost or at the very most for the same price as in the USA.

Sincerely

Justin

Will update the thread if I get a reply.

Oi Oi JC
05-06-2015, 05:55
Sadly no reply from Pete after my last email :(

I really love Pcars & have the upmost respect for sms for what they have created but I still feel I've bean cheated.

:(

andyparks
05-06-2015, 06:11
Trade in value.. I think they did it to sell more digital copys.. I don't know if they get more revenue. I preorder the game last year November and got nothing but a standard copy where is the bonus for it being delayed