PDA

View Full Version : [YES] XB1 patch out?

mrbrownnose
24-05-2015, 07:58
I just loaded up the game, bout an hour ago, and there was a short synchronizing for the game. Does it mean the patch was realesed?

AlexanderHC
24-05-2015, 08:02
I just loaded up the game, bout an hour ago, and there was a short synchronizing for the game. Does it mean the patch was realesed?

Sounds more like a save game synchronization. It has to quit the game to update.

MysterG
24-05-2015, 08:04
Not yet.

bonovoice
24-05-2015, 08:07
And when will probably be released?

madmax2069
24-05-2015, 08:11
And when will probably be released?

They dont know because Microsoft has yet to approve of it before it gets released (and they dont tell people a time frame).

The developers make a patch, it gets tested, it gets sent to Microsoft, microsoft then tests it (which can take a while)

the stig.
24-05-2015, 08:58
This is probably the longest patch release in the short history of Microsoft/Xbox.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 09:04
This is probably the longest patch release in the short history of Microsoft/Xbox.

Nope, that award goes to Don Bradman Cricket..... 8 months to fix game breaking bugs...

LextersQuest
24-05-2015, 09:08
Nope, that award goes to Don Bradman Cricket..... 8 months to fix game breaking bugs...

What who would ever wait that long? Never played that game. Those people who waited 8 months must be huuuuuge Cricket fanss!

Roger Prynne
24-05-2015, 09:15
There's loads of threads about patches... just do a bit of searching.... :rolleyes:

Bryer
24-05-2015, 09:21
What who would ever wait that long? Never played that game. Those people who waited 8 months must be huuuuuge Cricket fanss!

It was our (cricket fans) only half decent game, the bugs turned out to get fixed on the Xbox 360 version, but came back again in the Xbox One version, they managed to patch it in 3 weeks on the One though.

LextersQuest
24-05-2015, 09:28
It was our (cricket fans) only half decent game, the bugs turned out to get fixed on the Xbox 360 version, but came back again in the Xbox One version, they managed to patch it in 3 weeks on the One though.

lets hope we also get all the patches needed for Project cars in 3 weeks. but sadly i doubt it.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 09:29
lets hope we also get all the patches needed for Project cars in 3 weeks. but sadly i doubt it.

Ironically, we should be getting 1.3 this week, and the 1.4 the following week (packaged with DLC).

LextersQuest
24-05-2015, 09:37
Ironically, we should be getting 1.3 this week, and the 1.4 the following week (packaged with DLC).

yes i read that patch 1.3 is coming out wen ms release it. But that 1.4 would follow following week is new (that they are working on it yes). Would be awesome not so much for the dlc (ofcorse always good) but to get the game fixed. Beside all the bugs for me is the freezing thats a gamekiller at the moment. We will have to wait and see what comes. For now im still hanging in there and being patient.

dappaaaax1
24-05-2015, 15:03
There's loads of threads about patches... just do a bit of searching.... :rolleyes:

All point to the fact no patch if takes 3 weeks per patch when games like witcher 3 get one put through every couple days from release make ya wonder

mrbrownnose
24-05-2015, 15:52
I believe the patch will return to SMS being bug ridden. But maybe they'll give us a free dlc for the waiting.

Rob Prange
24-05-2015, 15:54
I believe the patch will return to SMS being bug ridden.

This sort of negativity towards our hard-working and highly-capable staff is neither welcome or tolerated here, please give it a rest.

dappaaaax1
24-05-2015, 17:28
This sort of negativity towards our hard-working and highly-capable staff is neither welcome or tolerated here, please give it a rest.

What do you expect fans wanted a playable game they got a version mildly playable if that in some form and a patch with a few simple fixes taking 3 weeks nearly to appear when them fixes won't include many fixes still required for the game to be anywhere close to the polished game that was pushed back on many occasions

dappaaaax1
24-05-2015, 17:30
You joined sep 2011 and still in 2015 the game a mess says a lot in terms of how long this game being developed and still a mess for Xbox one

Bryer
24-05-2015, 17:36
What do you expect fans wanted a playable game they got a version mildly playable if that in some form and a patch with a few simple fixes taking 3 weeks nearly to appear when them fixes won't include many fixes still required for the game to be anywhere close to the polished game that was pushed back on many occasions

You joined sep 2011 and still in 2015 the game a mess says a lot in terms of how long this game being developed and still a mess for Xbox one

I would like to challenge your comments. The game is playable, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's more than playable.

Reminder of the games name.... PROJECT CARS.

Definition of a project:

an individual or collaborative enterprise that is carefully planned to achieve a particular aim.
"a research project"

This game is a project. Thinking that it would be fully finished on release, you clearly didn't follow the development that much.

dappaaaax1
24-05-2015, 17:43
I would like to challenge your comments. The game is playable, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's more than playable.

Reminder of the games name.... PROJECT CARS.

Definition of a project:

This game is a project. Thinking that it would be fully finished on release, you clearly didn't follow the development that much.

I am under the impression that when a game hits the store and isn't under terms of alpha / beta or early access it should be classed as a finished project , or be it this game would've been released a long time ago

oscarolim
24-05-2015, 17:54
And yet, if I ask you, I'm sure you can't give me one single game without any bugs (well, excluding pong, that one is probably bug free).

Rob Prange
24-05-2015, 17:59

It has been explained countless times that releasing a console patch requires activity from an outside party, the exact timing of which SMS can't influence.

So it's not like that you haven't been answered, but you choose to whinge on anyways. And that is not accepted around here, we are happy to answer your questions and tell you guys what's going on but you don't have right to behave like a bratty little kid in here and insult our talented staff.

dappaaaax1
24-05-2015, 18:08
Never once whinged about the staff .... I played the game on PC and runs wells just the Xbox one version shocking , before calling your fans and buyers bratty little kids maybe there lies the problem

Rob Prange
24-05-2015, 18:10
You didn't whinge but you defended the guy who did, so my explanation went to you.

It's simple, you want us to treat you with his respect and be frank with you but for that to work you have to act like grown-ups too. And that includes accepting certain things, such as when you're told that something will take a few days because outside parties are involved.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 18:14
Never once whinged about the staff .... I played the game on PC and runs wells just the Xbox one version shocking , before calling your fans and buyers bratty little kids maybe there lies the problem

The Xbox One version is not shocking. Runs more than acceptably for myself. External 7200RPM hard disk with a wheel = very playable.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 18:16

I've read all of your posts. It's a master class in passive aggression.

Stop it or you'll be removed.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 18:17
Also, it's clear you're here to cause trouble.

If you don't have the game why are you here??

Your post:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes&p=939834&viewfull=1#post939834

Bye.

INoTroN
24-05-2015, 19:11
Project CARS is the best car game on Xbox One yet, but where is the patch is so long :(
I not blame you SMS you make a very good job with this game on pc and ps4, but my god the xbox one version need some fix ASAP.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 19:13
Project CARS is the best car game on Xbox One yet, but where is the patch is so long :(
I not blame you SMS you make a very good job with this game on pc and ps4, but my god the xbox one version need some fix ASAP.

You should blame us.

We have the release button just here and are gathered around it sipping chardonnay and cackling to each other. We deserve your blame.

SpeedFreakDTM
24-05-2015, 19:20
.............Holds out an empty glass...................

Please moan at Microsoft here: http://xbox.uservoice.com/

Then.....

go here and vote: http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251647-gaming-achievements/suggestions/7912410-fix-lobby-for-project-cars

and this one too, ;) http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/253802-home-settings/suggestions/6028675-the-ability-to-set-voice-through-speakers-or-heads

Thanks. :cool:

Legendarybeepa
24-05-2015, 19:21
Clearly some people are being unreasonable and venting their frustration in an unhelpful manner. However, I do understand the frustration. Due to various issues, I've stopped playing until the patch hits which is why I've been checking these forums several times a day.

I get that it's now in MS hands, but it would be nice to have a complete working game day one without having to wait for fixes. My main wish is for the ai during wet races to be sorted. Doesn't seem to be on the 1.3 notes so I guess I'll be waiting for another few weeks...

Loochst3r
24-05-2015, 19:23
You should blame us.

We have the release button just here and are gathered around it sipping chardonnay and cackling to each other. We deserve your blame.

As much as i can see the funny side of these kind of posts, are they really helping?

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 19:24
As much as i can see the funny side of these kind of posts, are they really helping?

It makes me feel better.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 19:25

Think its called venting! Couple of beers on a Sunday afternoon in Monaco does that to a man!

Loochst3r
24-05-2015, 19:29
It makes me feel better.

But the people that aren't posting negatives and are waiting patiently for the patch, i doubt it makes them feel any better.

As you can see from my post history, i'm not in the 'hater' category of forum members, and i can understand how fed up you must be of all the flack you're getting, but sometimes maybe it's better to be the bigger person and not bite.

Legendarybeepa
24-05-2015, 19:38
But the people that aren't posting negatives and are waiting patiently for the patch, i doubt it makes them feel any better.

As you can see from my post history, i'm not in the 'hater' category of forum members, and i can understand how fed up you must be of all the flack you're getting, but sometimes maybe it's better to be the bigger person and not bite.

Agreed. The game is great and the communication from SMS is refreshingly useful, but some responses are bizarre.

Cooper_si
24-05-2015, 19:42
Maybe its Ians sense of humour, i like it, wish i had it lol

Im sure id have my head battered by now if i didnt have a sense of humour about all this. Im getting bored of seeing the same same same ..... so im gonna make my own patch button, and drink Chardonnay (or Dr Pepper) and cackle at the same repeated questions about already answered issues. The joys of a search function peeps! Its great ;)

Yardstik
24-05-2015, 19:43
Personally, I really like the game. The steering on the controller is my biggest issue. The graphics are very rich and the sound is amazing. Brake sounds could use a little tweaking and frame drops could be less but its an amazing feat and takes teams of people to produce a game of this caliber. Don't get me wrong, the patch is very much needed but the game is very playable at this point. For me, the Karts are the most effected by the steering issues. The real race cars are effected but they seem much more controllable. In fact, I've won most of my career challenges once i was in the cars.

I know we all feel a bit slighted but my two cents is: Lets cool off for a few more days and see what happens. Honestly, I haven't played FM5 since i got PCars and FM5 has NO issues. I know Im new here but im just saying. Hope everyone has a Great Weekend whether you celebrate Memorial Day or not.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 19:48

OK I have to come clean here.

When I first read the post I missed the 'not' on 'blaming SMS'. Instead of deleting when I spotted my error, I went for an edit.

My fault.

Benja190782
24-05-2015, 20:16
OK I have to come clean here.

When I first read the post I missed the 'not' on 'blaming SMS'. Instead of deleting when I spotted my error, I went for an edit.

My fault.

It's NOT your fault, Ian...

Even if I have to accept that I bought the weakest version of Project CARS, which is obviously the Xbox One version, I still enjoy this game so much I simply can't take my hands off it.

Thank you SMS - listen, it is not your fault that the Xbox One can't quite handle Next Gen games... It was something Microsoft decided back then.
Too bad I didn't see it, and now I got a TX wheel with lots of add-ons... Too late for the PS4 version. :sour:

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 20:20

Even if I have to accept that I bought the weakest version of Project CARS, which is obviously the Xbox One version, I still enjoy this game so much I simply can't take my hands off it.

Thank you SMS - listen, it is not your fault that the Xbox One can't quite handle Next Gen games... It was something Microsoft decided back then.
Too bad I didn't see it, and now I got a TX wheel with lots of add-ons... Too late for the PS4 version. :sour:

Thanks Benja, we have the urgent fixes ready to roll any day now for Xbox. Simultaneously, we've shipped PC updates and there's more to come in the next patch for all systems.

I should say though, the Xbox is a damn fine machine and with our patch after this one, you'll be pretty much on par with PS4.

When DX12 hits, well, it's going to be fun is all I can say.

Robhd
24-05-2015, 20:21
Snap!

Sankyo
24-05-2015, 20:22
...some responses are bizarre.
They're called Slightly Mad Studios for a reason...

:p

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 20:25
They're called Slightly Mad Studios for a reason...

:p

To be fair, that one was actually bizarre. I answered but misread the post... I then edited because there were follow on posts, when I really should have deleted. Anyway, we're all friends.

INoTroN
24-05-2015, 20:26
Why if you want a patch in this forum is automatic = hater wtf is that
Wanting a patch when the game have a lot of bug its totaly normal,
and its totaly normal people become a (hater) when you cant enjoy your game because the game need a patch and this patch never come.

AdM1
24-05-2015, 20:27

Agreed, it looks bad.

If you don't like the criticism you should bite your lip and scroll past imo.

There seems to be 3 types of members on here the haters, the brown nosers and the patient few like us.

Sankyo
24-05-2015, 20:27
Why if you want a patch is this forum is automatic = hater wtf is that
That happens when you're the 3,827th person creating a thread to ask the same question.

Legendarybeepa
24-05-2015, 20:28

Controller issues and AI problems are not, I assume, because of the X1.

Edit: I do always appreciate Ian's updates though - hope it continues!

INoTroN
24-05-2015, 20:28
Thanks Benja, we have the urgent fixes ready to roll any day now for Xbox. Simultaneously, we've shipped PC updates and there's more to come in the next patch for all systems.

I should say though, the Xbox is a damn fine machine and with our patch after this one, you'll be pretty much on par with PS4.

Its good to know

Benja190782
24-05-2015, 20:29

Thanks Ian, that's really nice to hear - you guys took me into sim racing and I simply can't thank you enough!
I'll be fine with the Xbox One version of this amazing sim I guess. ;)

So excited for the patch! :cool:

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 20:29
Why if you want a patch is this forum is automatic = hater wtf is that
Wanting a patch when the game have a lot of bug its totaly normal,
and its totaly normal people become a (hater) when you cant enjoy your game because the game need a patch and this patch never come.

Not sure if you're talking to me Ino but we are on two different conversations if so.

To say that the patch 'will never come' is complete bollocks. I suspect it might be a language issue? C'est clair?

Cheers.

KingTiger80
24-05-2015, 20:30

Sounds great to me :cool:

Bryer
24-05-2015, 20:34

Interesting.... I'm hoping that the performance patch is nearly finished to tie it in with the huge E-sports push coming in June. I'd imagine Direct X12 will push us past the PS4 in performance stakes. I've heard from other sources in the development world that the Xbox One will come into its own with DX12.

INoTroN
24-05-2015, 20:35
That happens when you're the 3,827th person creating a thread to ask the same question.
If he have 3,827 people want the patch its not because people are hater its because the game need a patch and this patch never out that its.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 20:35
Interesting.... I'm hoping that the performance patch is nearly finished to tie it in with the huge E-sports push coming in June. I'd imagine Direct X12 will push us past the PS4 in performance stakes. I've heard from other sources in the development world that the Xbox One will come into its own with DX12.

It will fly with it yes. Pushing past, I'm not so sure. Sony will react and give us similar multithreading access I suspect (the main benefit for me).

INoTroN
24-05-2015, 20:36
Im french sorry

Bryer
It will fly with it yes. Pushing past, I'm not so sure. Sony will react and give us similar multithreading access I suspect (the main benefit for me).

But we all know that Sony tend to break their console when it's going well/put under pressure to deliver.

Ian Bell
If he have 3,827 people want the patch its not because people are hater its because the game need a patch and this patch never come that its.

Mon ami. Ce n'est pas vrai. Honestly. We will ship the patch very soon.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 20:38
Im french sorry

Pas de problem, Je eu une petite amie franšaise pour 5 ans.

But let's speak English.

INoTroN
24-05-2015, 20:39
I hope i love the game i juste need my fix ;)

Bryer
24-05-2015, 20:39

Would we be right in saying that the two patches could be quite close together? 1.3 to fix the controller glitches and the 1.4 update that's been worked on since the game went gold to tie in with the Racing Legends DLC pack?

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 20:40
Would we be right in saying that the two patches could be quite close together? 1.3 to fix the controller glitches and the 1.4 update that's been worked on since the game went gold to tie in with the Racing Legends DLC pack?

Correct yes.

gds1972
24-05-2015, 20:42

I hope your hinting that you intend to patch the game to take full benefit of DX12? If so I'm excited.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 20:43
I hope your hinting that you intend to patch the game to take full benefit of DX12? If so I'm excited.

We hope to. If it arrives working before pCARS2 and we have a sensible dev period, we will.

dappareturns
24-05-2015, 20:43
Would like to point out I still got my PC version ...... And to be banned for selling my Xbox one version did make me chuckle thanks anyways I hope the Xbox version gets better after dx12 and then will prob buy again

Bryer
24-05-2015, 20:45
Correct yes.

Sounds good. I know that you guys were working hard on a lot of stuff once the game was announced as GOLD, and am still hoping to hear more about the Season Pass that's been "leaked".

I just want to say, thanks for all the effort that's been placed into helping the community on Xbox One Ian. Having been a moderator of the official Codemasters GRID and F1 forums for many years, I know what you're going through having to bite your tongue every day.

I'm really impressed with the level of access gamers have had to you and your team over the last couple of weeks.

Let me know when you and the guys next pop out for a beer in London Bridge and I'll get a round in.

INoTroN
24-05-2015, 20:47
you think pcars on x1 have better anti aliasing like ps4 some day or not?

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 20:50
you think pcars on x1 have better anti aliasing like ps4 some day or not?

It will have yes. Not on our side really but I can't say any more.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 20:52
It will have yes. Not on our side really but I can't say any more.

Xbox One owners clearly didn't look outside the box when they looked at the MS road map.

The operating system is based on Windows 8 with DX11, but the hardware is aimed more at Windows 10 with DX12. The Xbox One hasn't even flexed it's muscle yet, and once the operating system migrates to Windows 10 based in the summer, the gloves are off as they say.

Roger Prynne
24-05-2015, 20:52

That was a joke by the way INoTroN

gds1972
24-05-2015, 20:54
We hope to. If it arrives working before pCARS2 and we have a sensible dev period, we will.

Thanks for the reply it's great to see the amount of ongoing support you are willing to give pCARS. Last I read the DX12 for xbox one is pretty near now.

KingTiger80
24-05-2015, 20:54
Xbox One owners clearly didn't look outside the box when they looked at the MS road map.

The operating system is based on Windows 8 with DX11, but the hardware is aimed more at Windows 10 with DX12. The Xbox One hasn't even flexed it's muscle yet, and once the operating system migrates to Windows 10 based in the summer, the gloves are off as they say.

I really hope that you are right ;)

Bryer
24-05-2015, 20:55
Thanks for the reply it's great to see the amount of ongoing support you are willing to give pCARS. Last I read the DX12 for xbox one is pretty near now.

Will probably come in the Summer update of August or September, maybe in July for Xbox Preview participants. We will find out more once the E3 announcements have come and gone.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 20:58
I really hope that you are right ;)

All I understand is that Windows 10 is a lot more optimised and uses a lot less RAM and processor cycles to do core operations. Once the Xbox One kernel is running on this, it should allow the games to really push the consoles harder as there will be a lot of extra capacity.

I also believe that the SDK for DX12/Win10 kernel has removed another core from the required to power Kinect, OS and other dashboard features which means developers can use even more power for their games (this is unconfirmed).

gds1972
24-05-2015, 21:02
Will probably come in the Summer update of August or September, maybe in July for Xbox Preview participants. We will find out more once the E3 announcements have come and gone.

I'm in the preview program and there are no new console features for preview members this month but there is a hint there will be console features in the lead up to E3.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 21:05
I'm in the preview program and there are no new console features for preview members this month but there is a hint there will be console features in the lead up to E3.

The latest preview build is a lot faster than previous ones on a processing level, which would indicate there are a lot of "under the hood" changes/optimisations. It's a good time to be an Xbox One owner.

KingTiger80
24-05-2015, 21:06
All I understand is that Windows 10 is a lot more optimised and uses a lot less RAM and processor cycles to do core operations. Once the Xbox One kernel is running on this, it should allow the games to really push the consoles harder as there will be a lot of extra capacity.

I also believe that the SDK for DX12/Win10 kernel has removed another core from the required to power Kinect, OS and other dashboard features which means developers can use even more power for their games (this is unconfirmed).

Sounds logical to me. This will maybe not solve the 1080p problem but will provide some additional power anyway.

beagea
25-05-2015, 01:24
Ian if I may please take a minute or two of your time, I'm sure you can understand some of us are truly frustrated with amount of added effort that we are having to put in to playing the game at the moment. An example been that I spent a few hours setting up the XB1 controller settings on the day the game was released and have had to spend a further 20/30 minutes each time after that resetting the controller settings every time I want to play the game.
This naturally deters me from wanting to play Project Cars, who really wants keep on repeating things over and over again, am sure you know how that feels having read a lot of your post.

Yet the thing is Ian we want to play the game truly we do, we want to click on the Pcars icon have the game load, select what area we want use then grip our controller and sit there and enjoy that fact that we can pretend to be driving around an iconic racing track in an iconic racing car, some of us want to mess around with tuning settings and attempt to get the fastest time. To some degree this is possible but not without having to spend one third of the time redoing what we had done the last time we played the game.

You see Ian you personally promised us an epic driving game on release day, you said nothing about, well guys you may have to wait a month or two until you can truly enjoy the game to it's fullest, you truly said nothing about that. I do personally feel a little cheated as I have paid the full amount for the game on release day yet have to wait until I can get the full experience from the game and I am not talking about small glitches minor bugs, am taking about getting the full game experience.

That said there are a few questions that me and 15 of my XB1 friends would like to ask if we could;

1, when do expect the game to be fully done to the point that we can all fully experience the full game with fewer issues arising?
2, did you honestly know that there was issues with game? I refer you to the article published on the WMD Forum Posted on 16/4/2015 at 9:15am, which at the time I said was coded that the game would experience some issues
3, if so why were you not up front and straight about it?
4, do you think it's fair that it seems that the game was still a little rushed on to the shelves and us early buyers, it seems are being used as game testers, given the amount of issues with game?
5, do you accept full responsibility for the some what poor reception of the game?
6, can you promise that these issues have been fixed and will not bother us again?
7, will there be long term continued support for Project Cars,
8, how many critical patches are you expecting to be released?
9, how many complementary livery and DLC packs are you planning on?
10, are you in contact with Bandia to ensure the speedy server improvements with the Lobbies and Multiplayer issues?

Thank you for your time and I hope things only get better from now on.

P.S The tyre to tarmac feel of the game is superb

SpeedFreakDTM
25-05-2015, 02:09
Hey Ian, could you explain what DX12 will do for Project Cars on X1.

Im not that "PC savvy" these days, to be honest ive forgotten what DX even is.......google is my next stop. LOL

But in terms of this game, what kind of improvements can we hope from DX12?

menaceuk
25-05-2015, 05:07

Actually, no. The W10 kernal, while better, will not really affect games at all. The Kernal is for the OS, which has its own dedicated resource pool on Xbox One.

DX12 for the most part, at least from what I can see, is more about CPU optimization than anything else. I am sure some graphical stuff will be present, but the affect on visuals and resolution in games is likely not to be boosted significantly. What should improve is overall performance.

Also, lets not be silly here. Lets not try and use the flawed demo methods currently being used on PC as an actual real world scenario, or try to use the PC demos and data as a benchmark for Xbox One improvement. After all, the Xbox One has been using some DX12 performance enhancing features since day one, and that is straight from the head Xbox guy, Phil Spencer.

Bryer
25-05-2015, 07:16
Actually, no. The W10 kernal, while better, will not really affect games at all. The Kernal is for the OS, which has its own dedicated resource pool on Xbox One.

DX12 for the most part, at least from what I can see, is more about CPU optimization than anything else. I am sure some graphical stuff will be present, but the affect on visuals and resolution in games is likely not to be boosted significantly. What should improve is overall performance.

Also, lets not be silly here. Lets not try and use the flawed demo methods currently being used on PC as an actual real world scenario, or try to use the PC demos and data as a benchmark for Xbox One improvement. After all, the Xbox One has been using some DX12 performance enhancing features since day one, and that is straight from the head Xbox guy, Phil Spencer.

Surely something that is optimised will allow the games to run smoother as the OS footprint will be smaller! Let's remember that MS dropped a nut with the poor SDK at the start of the X1's life cycle.

Nemesis X2
25-05-2015, 07:36
Ian if I may please take a minute or two of your time, I'm sure you can understand some of us are truly frustrated with amount of added effort that we are having to put in to playing the game at the moment. An example been that I spent a few hours setting up the XB1 controller settings on the day the game was released and have had to spend a further 20/30 minutes each time after that resetting the controller settings every time I want to play the game.
This naturally deters me from wanting to play Project Cars, who really wants keep on repeating things over and over again, am sure you know how that feels having read a lot of your post.

Yet the thing is Ian we want to play the game truly we do, we want to click on the Pcars icon have the game load, select what area we want use then grip our controller and sit there and enjoy that fact that we can pretend to be driving around an iconic racing track in an iconic racing car, some of us want to mess around with tuning settings and attempt to get the fastest time. To some degree this is possible but not without having to spend one third of the time redoing what we had done the last time we played the game.

You see Ian you personally promised us an epic driving game on release day, you said nothing about, well guys you may have to wait a month or two until you can truly enjoy the game to it's fullest, you truly said nothing about that. I do personally feel a little cheated as I have paid the full amount for the game on release day yet have to wait until I can get the full experience from the game and I am not talking about small glitches minor bugs, am taking about getting the full game experience.

That said there are a few questions that me and 15 of my XB1 friends would like to ask if we could;

1, when do expect the game to be fully done to the point that we can all fully experience the full game with fewer issues arising?
2, did you honestly know that there was issues with game? I refer you to the article published on the WMD Forum Posted on 16/4/2015 at 9:15am, which at the time I said was coded that the game would experience some issues
4, do you think it's fair that it seems that the game was still a little rushed on to the shelves and us early buyers, it seems are being used as game testers, given the amount of issues with game?
5, do you accept full responsibility for the some what poor reception of the game?
6, can you promise that these issues have been fixed and will not bother us again?
10, are you in contact with Bandia to ensure the speedy server improvements with the Lobbies and Multiplayer issues?

I've not adjusted any controller settings, just use default mode 3 and had no problems 99% of the time. The only real issue is the steering lock bug, but that's only really a problem in the 150 karts due to the quick twisty tracks.

It amazes me that people mess with the controls loads for a particular car then are surprised if that then has a detrimental effect on others.

IMO people start playing the game and because the cars aren't easy to drive, many don't bother taking the time to practice and learn their limits and how they perform, instead just attributing it to the "controller issues" because there are some issues. If they actually took some time getting used to the cars they will find they handle perfectly well regardless of the issues.

All the cars handle completely differently, which is a good thing for sure as they would in real life. That's part of the fun with PC, getting used to them and learning how far you can push them.

gds1972
25-05-2015, 07:58

I don't think we yet know to what extent DX12 will help Xbox One but I think Phil Spencer may be very deliberately not trying to oversell the benefits it may have for the console in case it can't live up to them.

menaceuk
25-05-2015, 10:04
Surely something that is optimised will allow the games to run smoother as the OS footprint will be smaller! Let's remember that MS dropped a nut with the poor SDK at the start of the X1's life cycle.

The OS footprint is irrelevant, it has its own resources. MS will not fork those resources over as it will allow them head room for future features/services.

I don't think we yet know to what extent DX12 will help Xbox One but I think Phil Spencer may be very deliberately not trying to oversell the benefits it may have for the console in case it can't live up to them.

Oh, for sure, we do not know the full extent. Which is why I made comments like, "at least from what I have seen." However, and this is pretty much a fact, you will not see the same gains on Xbox as you you see on PC.

A lot of folks see those huge 50% PC demo gains and assume the xbox will see that, it will not. Further more, the PC platform will not see those that 50% increase either. Those demos are flawed, all they do is through silly amount of draw cells at the CPU and highlight the weakness of the DX11 API. In a real world scenario, the gains will be a lot less.

jonm01
25-05-2015, 10:18

There's nothing wrong with the controls. As others have said, use one of the preset modes and it's fine. I wasted time adding all these posted config settings and it made it much worse (hint, everyone is posting different settings so they can't all be right). Different cars handle differently and some are very hard to drive. Stop blaming the game.

bobblebob
25-05-2015, 10:48
There is as SMS are releasing a patch to fix the controls

The game doesnt use the full analog stick hence its too senstive

Legendarybeepa
25-05-2015, 10:57
There's nothing wrong with the controls. As others have said, use one of the preset modes and it's fine. I wasted time adding all these posted config settings and it made it much worse (hint, everyone is posting different settings so they can't all be right). Different cars handle differently and some are very hard to drive. Stop blaming the game.

I dunno man, my suspicions about wonky controls were first aroused when billions of people started making threads and posts about them. Slight exaggeration, but still...

So I'm going to go ahead and blame the game for now.

gds1972
25-05-2015, 11:10

But the developers have said that not everyone is affected by this issue. I am however affected by the steering issue.

SpeedFreakDTM
25-05-2015, 11:11
I've not adjusted any controller settings, just use default mode 3 and had no problems 99% of the time. The only real issue is the steering lock bug, but that's only really a problem in the 150 karts due to the quick twisty tracks.

It amazes me that people mess with the controls loads for a particular car then are surprised if that then has a detrimental effect on others.

IMO people start playing the game and because the cars aren't easy to drive, many don't bother taking the time to practice and learn their limits and how they perform, instead just attributing it to the "controller issues" because there are some issues. If they actually took some time getting used to the cars they will find they handle perfectly well regardless of the issues.

All the cars handle completely differently, which is a good thing for sure as they would in real life. That's part of the fun with PC, getting used to them and learning how far you can push them.

BOLLOCKS.

Why then, is there a patch 1.3 with the relevant fixes to sort out the controller?

Try stopping any car on any track, (if your on X1)
Turn the camera so you can see your front wheel.
Slowly move your thumbstick towards full lock. (SLOWLY)

Ohh look, you hardly moved the thumbstick but your car is at full lock.................Voila......you have the problem too. You have just got used to it.

Read the patch notes.

Nignire
25-05-2015, 11:13
Still no patch ? its taking forever ,AMD must be doing it lol I cant win , have the xbox one and PC versions and have an AMD card so waiting on this patch and new drivers :-(

ManOfNantucket
25-05-2015, 11:19

No, you are in complete denial. It is a fact the Xbox controls are not working correctly. I mean seriously, you believe that only Xbox users can't drive? The fact that Playstation and PC gamers aren't complaining is because they are all better gamers than those on Xbox? I am so tired of being insulted by this kind of BS. You are not some grand race car driver just because you can somehow play this game with its poor controls.

Sankyo
25-05-2015, 11:21
Still no patch ?
Indeed, still no patch. Ask again tomorrow.

beagea
25-05-2015, 11:23
That's just not true, I have set up 3 cars and when I have come back to drive them again they handle differently from when I first set them up, I am not making it up, the setting on the controller change every time I turn off the game and then back on again that is every time. I not stupid I know each car handles differently, that should not effect the handling of the controller.

I have three controllers and it happens with all three of them, why would I want to make things out that are not true, when my only goal is to play the game, I have better things to do with my time.

it's now becoming an insult to have certain people make out that our issues are not real

Nignire
25-05-2015, 11:38

Yeah !! Will do. I read the name of the thread "patch out" excuse me for being pissed to find its not out yet.

Snowowl
25-05-2015, 11:47
Don't expect anything today - Monday, May 25. It is Memorial Day in the USA and Spring Bank Holiday in the UK.

Roger Prynne
25-05-2015, 11:50
Yeah !! Will do. I read the name of the thread "patch out" excuse me for being pissed to find its not out yet.

Read it again...

patch out?

See the question mark.

ManOfNantucket
25-05-2015, 12:04

While I am sure you are tired of hearing the question, I can guarantee that those having to ask it are even more tired.

Nemesis X2
25-05-2015, 12:08
BOLLOCKS.

Why then, is there a patch 1.3 with the relevant fixes to sort out the controller?

Try stopping any car on any track, (if your on X1)
Turn the camera so you can see your front wheel.
Slowly move your thumbstick towards full lock. (SLOWLY)

Ohh look, you hardly moved the thumbstick but your car is at full lock.................Voila......you have the problem too. You have just got used to it.

Read the patch notes.

Read what i wrote before calling it bollocks!

I acknowledged there are known issues! My point was many are using it as an excuse for their own failings also. As said, even with the issues, I've had no issue racing any of the cars once they're sussed out. If it was as bad as some make out it would be unplayable for everyone.

beagea
25-05-2015, 12:29
Look man some of us are not saying it's not playable, it's just NOT very consistent, and for a game that requires consistency to achieve the best play time, that there is an issue, and as I have said in a previous post, even if it is one, one hundred or one thousand players does not invalidate the issue.

beagea
25-05-2015, 12:48
Let's get some realism here and this is where the wording of Ian Bell is so important, if you break the game down to it's composite parts from a game builders point of view then yes it could be said that the game is 99.9% complete. Yet, if you break the game down to it's composite parts from a players point of veiw, that is the parts that we have interaction with then game would only be 80/90% complete. Now the question here is, is that a high enough percentage for the game to be released, quite a number of us are saying no, not nearly enough and we should have been told this before the release.

Sankyo
25-05-2015, 13:08
While I am sure you are tired of hearing the question, I can guarantee that those having to ask it are even more tired.
I could imagine if you would have written 'those having to wait'. Asking every time won't speed up the process, though, as soon as it's out everybody here will be the first to know. Can't make anything more of the situation, so people will have to be patient.

giulianbu
25-05-2015, 13:20

the problem of the pad there and how if there how can you deny it? 90% of people have serious problems with the pad of one !!!

nissan4ever
25-05-2015, 13:21
Read this, you'll know when your console has gotten the patch.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27677-How-to-tell-if-any-Xbox-One-game-or-app-has-received-an-update!

really
25-05-2015, 14:58

I hear that games are already being designed for DX12. Fable Legends and I think Forza 6 will be released this year with it.

jonm01
25-05-2015, 15:56
the problem of the pad there and how if there how can you deny it? 90% of people have serious problems with the pad of one !!!

All I know is I have it on mode 2 and I'm having no issues with the cars I'm driving. I'm not even particularly good on driving games but I've got the quickest time round Brands Indy in the Lotus 78. Yes, some cars are very tricky to drive but I put that down to the type of car not any issues with the pad.

giulianbu
25-05-2015, 16:18
All I know is I have it on mode 2 and I'm having no issues with the cars I'm driving. I'm not even particularly good on driving games but I've got the quickest time round Brands Indy in the Lotus 78. Yes, some cars are very tricky to drive but I put that down to the type of car not any issues with the pad.

try playing with d-pad and you'll see that good driving, should be the same for the analog stick, have not tested and calibrated well the left stick is the problem much bigger than pad

menaceuk
25-05-2015, 17:15
I hear that games are already being designed for DX12. Fable Legends and I think Forza 6 will be released this year with it.

Helps that both of those are Microsoft games. I doubt you will see 3rd party cross-platform games using DX12 this year. Those games are mostly likely not coming till Q3/Q4 2016.

GazCBG
25-05-2015, 17:16
I think CoD: Black Ops 3 could be, I read something about it being possible.

TerminatorGR
25-05-2015, 18:46
I havent even touched the controller settings, I have no problem with the controls.

jschenard
25-05-2015, 19:15

Now you talk. I was going to ask about DirectX 12 because you would need to code everything again, but you already know the future lol

giulianbu
25-05-2015, 22:03
I havent even touched the controller settings, I have no problem with the controls.

you're joking, right? you're the first I hear about this

IR Madman
25-05-2015, 22:05

I was thinking the same. I even laughed a little lol

Roger Prynne
25-05-2015, 22:05

There's lots of people with no probs.... apparently.

giulianbu
25-05-2015, 22:12
There's lots of people with no probs.... apparently.

and why almost everyone has problems with the pad (left analog stick) in sensitivity while with the d-pad and perfect?

IR Madman
26-05-2015, 06:33
I didn't know the d- pad would fix the steering issue.. I'm going to give it a try kick it old school like Rad Racer lol

Kulch
26-05-2015, 06:36
Everyone in the entire world on Xbox has this problem using a controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpmvwDjWLSw

Prove otherwise if you disagree

Ixoye56
26-05-2015, 06:37

Lucky you :rolleyes:

LADY GEMMA JANE
26-05-2015, 07:18
I didn't know the d- pad would fix the steering issue.. I'm going to give it a try kick it old school like Rad Racer lol

Haha me also

L4velle
26-05-2015, 07:43
#noissuew*nkers

MysterG
26-05-2015, 07:51
#noissuew*nkers

Not sure who the intended target of that is but it is not called for.

L4velle
26-05-2015, 07:59
It was meant to be a light hearted joke apologies for any offence taken

N30n117
26-05-2015, 11:06
I had this game 8th of May, it is now the 26th, and still no patch. I know it needs quality assurance et cetera but this is becoming a joke. I shouldn't have to wait 18 days for a new game to become playable. The only reason I haven't returned it as yet is because I can see the potential and want to give the game a fair crack, and that isn't going to happen until the controls have been patched.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 11:07

Mods remove his infraction for a sincere post here.

PAUL Y0UNG
26-05-2015, 11:09
I was thinking the same. I even laughed a little lol I havent touched the pad settings only the button allocation and im knocking out fast laps for fun!

MysterG
26-05-2015, 11:09
Mods remove his infraction for a sincere post here.

Done.

PAUL Y0UNG
26-05-2015, 11:11
I havent touched the pad settings only the button allocation and im knocking out fast laps for fun! Including a top 3 TT time on Willow Springs. Morale of the story: Learn Evolve Excel

jonm01
26-05-2015, 15:45

No idea if mine does that but I do know I have no problems playing the game in my usual Forza style. I dont use the karts, most road cars or some of the crazy powerful stuff much though.

Sonic6L
26-05-2015, 15:55

Change steering deadzone to 0. Problem solved. At least for me and many others on here anyway.

mcscott
26-05-2015, 18:04
Don't know why there are still people arguing about whether or not there is a problem with the controller. There IS for the majority of people. However, moving on it appears that it's out of SMS' hands now so whenever Micro$oft feel like it I'm sure they'll get round to releasing it... eventually...

Plato99
26-05-2015, 18:08
I struggle not playing in the Forza style too.
I simply can't concentrate without a Mexican having an argument on Kinect, two teenagers discussing pizza toppings, and a crying baby in the background.

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 18:14
Thread title updated. Latest news about the Xbox One patch:

The patch is coming on the 29th.

If it misses I'll play you all my latest self penned song.

Megaessin
26-05-2015, 18:16

Yes! Hopefully it will be released on the 29th.

Bryer
26-05-2015, 18:17
And then you get another patch (5-7% performance) and DLC (paid) the following Friday.

nissan4ever
26-05-2015, 18:23

Good, I'm ready for the sound bug to go away!

Benja190782
26-05-2015, 18:27
I need an Update, please - so this patch on the 29th is only about the controller fix?
Where is the fix list of this patch? And is it 1.2 or 1.3 on the 29th.. ??:confused:

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 18:28
I need an Update, please - so this patch on the 29th is only about the controller fix?
Where is the fix list of this patch? And is it 1.2 or 1.3 on the 29th.. ??:confused:

Here you go. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes)

Megaessin
26-05-2015, 18:31
And then you get another patch (5-7% performance) and DLC (paid) the following Friday.

This is just getting better and better :D

Bryer
26-05-2015, 18:34

Patch notes state the controller fix is 1.3.

Sankyo
26-05-2015, 18:35
I'll look up some "Making Sure Your Joke Gets Across On The Internet 101" for you ;)

nissan4ever
26-05-2015, 18:55

There's another patch next week on Fri?

nissan4ever
26-05-2015, 18:57

I thought someone on dev team said they hit a 6-9% performance increase on Xbox One version?

Bryer
26-05-2015, 18:57
There's another patch next week on Fri?

Yes, Ian Bell stated there is a scheduled patch due to resolve a lot of the issues that they have been working on since the game went GOLD, which will tie in with the DLC pack that's coming. This is the 5-7% performance increase for Xbox One users plus a whole host of other stuff. He was openly discussing with us the other night.

nissan4ever
26-05-2015, 19:06
Yes, Ian Bell stated there is a scheduled patch due to resolve a lot of the issues that they have been working on since the game went GOLD, which will tie in with the DLC pack that's coming. This is the 5-7% performance increase for Xbox One users plus a whole host of other stuff. He was openly discussing with us the other night.

Good to hear. Thank you.

ocat1979
26-05-2015, 19:58
If he witcher patch is released before this one........oh boy I'm gonna stay well clear Of this forum for a few days

ScreaminEagle
26-05-2015, 20:29
Yipeee! 3 weeks after buying the game I should be able to play it...

Then the following week there will be some dlc I can, oh, hang on... BUY???... yeah, I think the least they could do was give something to the people who have waited patiently for the controller issues to be sorted. Surely it's not too much to ask.

Siberian Tiger
26-05-2015, 20:30
You will get the next Free DLC Car at the beginning of June ;)

And there will be the first DLC Package which is Paid DLC... (No Termin yet)

Bryer
26-05-2015, 20:32
You will get the next Free DLC Car at the beginning of June ;)

And there will be the first DLC Package which is Paid DLC... (No Termin yet)

The first paid DLC will be the Racing Icons package due for release on the 5th - 8th of June 2015. Confirmed by Ian the other day.

Siberian Tiger
26-05-2015, 20:34
The first paid DLC will be the Racing Icons package due for release on the 5th - 8th of June 2015. Confirmed by Ian the other day.

bc525
26-05-2015, 20:41

Right now, the cars in the basic game are just fine. Eventually I’d like to see an add-on pack including the Le Mans GT Class Corvettes and Vipers, that would be an immediate download for me. I’d love to hear the audio for Corvettes in this game! The roar would probably wake up my neighbors.

Umer Ahmad
26-05-2015, 20:45
Right now, the cars in the basic game are just fine. Eventually I’d like to see an add-on pack including the Le Mans GT Class Corvettes and Vipers, that would be an immediate download for me. I’d love to hear the audio for Corvettes in this game! The roar would probably wake up my neighbors.

I have been waiting for this day for 4 years. It wil be a World Holiday, every bank, evey school, every office will be closed on this day.

Where'a Ian when we need a good tease?

Bryer
26-05-2015, 20:46
I have been waiting for this day for 4 years. It wil be a World Holiday, every bank, evey school, every office will be closed on this day.

Where'a Ian when we need a good tease?

He's probably on the phone to get the Chevvies, Lambo's and Ferrari's licenced....

rustymike12
26-05-2015, 21:19
Third patch is 2.0

Nemesis X2
26-05-2015, 21:23
Third patch is 2.0

It won't be a patch on the last one...... I'm here all week. ;)

PeoplesChampion
26-05-2015, 21:31
He's probably on the phone to get the Chevvies, Lambo's and Ferrari's licenced....

Ferrari's..

giulianbu
26-05-2015, 21:46
where the Pacht? Ahrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 21:49
Read the thread and find out:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27458-Not-yet-patch-out&p=945594&viewfull=1#post945594

TeamJunkJonny
27-05-2015, 06:57
I find it quite funny that how for the past week we have been told that you dont know when the patch will come out because its out of sms's control and in ms's. But now we are being told not only the release date of the first patch but also the second.

Just saying......

Legendarybeepa
27-05-2015, 07:02
I may have missed this, but is there confirmation that the wet weather races will be sorted (a I and tyres)?

Sankyo
27-05-2015, 07:03
I find it quite funny that how for the past week we have been told that you dont know when the patch will come out because its out of sms's control and in ms's. But now we are being told not only the release date of the first patch but also the second.

Just saying......
:confused:
When SMS offers the patch for validation, MS won't know when validation will be done and finished. At some point, MS will be able to plan things and will communicate the projected pass date for the patch.
Before that moment, SMS doesn't know when the projected pass date will be. After MS has planned it and communicated the projected plan date to SMS, SMS knows about this projected plan date and can communicate it to the community.

Not sure where the funny part is?

TeamJunkJonny
27-05-2015, 07:08
So its only projected and not gauranteed to come out on those dates then?

Sankyo
27-05-2015, 07:16
So its only projected and not gauranteed to come out on those dates then?
Life is never 100% certain or guaranteed.

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 07:36
Please tell me this applies to the ps4 version as well.

No. This is the quick patch that was rolled out mainly to fix the Xbox One controller bug.
PS4 patch is still a few weeks away according to Ian.

Chris_B
27-05-2015, 07:39
I must agree with what this Jonny has said.

We were told weeks ago that the patches were sent to Microsoft and they could not predict or give any indication as to when they would be realeased but all of a sudden we are given dates....well what is it? can you tell us this is the 100% definite dates or are you going to stick with your original statement that you dont know.

I do feel although the fanbase on the XB1 is extremely frustrated myself included the project cars team can count themselves lucky to have such a vocal and supportive fanbase.

When you comment saying life is not 100% certain or guarenteed thats all fine an well but that wasnt the question that this Jonny asked he simply as a fan wanted confirmation if the predicted dates were set in stone.

MysterG
27-05-2015, 07:42
I must agree with what this Jonny has said.

We were told weeks ago that the patches were sent to Microsoft and they could not predict or give any indication as to when they would be realeased but all of a sudden we are given dates....well what is it? can you tell us this is the 100% definite dates or are you going to stick with your original statement that you dont know.

I do feel although the fanbase on the XB1 is extremely frustrated myself included the project cars team can count themselves lucky to have such a vocal and supportive fanbase.

When you comment saying life is not 100% certain or guarenteed thats all fine an well but that wasnt the question that this Jonny asked he simply as a fan wanted confirmation if the predicted dates were set in stone.

Why is it so hard to understand?

The patch goes off to MS, they cannot say when it will be cleared, so SMS cannot say when it will be released.
When they have done their testing MS say to SMS "okay it should be ready to go live in x days.
SMS tell us it should be live in x days.

So the date is the expected date, but no it's not set in stone as unforeseen circumstances could change it e.g. MS ring up and say "hey SMS we need to hold back on it because of reasons"

The fanbase should count themselves lucky they have such a communicative & supportive developer.

denis74
27-05-2015, 08:01
I thought someone on dev team said they hit a 6-9% performance increase on Xbox One version?

Yes. He was the 'magic' SMS PC Lead :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24324-Question-about-optimization-on-Xbox-One&p=904735&viewfull=1#post904735

stigssccousin
27-05-2015, 08:28
Just wanted to say with all the complaints I've gotta say I was a die hard Forza motorsport (not horizons) fan been with them since the very beginning and despite Project Cars overly stated and obvious X1 issues, this game puts Forza to shame, hands down best racer I've played any many year's. Please keep up the awesome work guys and great job!

Wiggy
27-05-2015, 08:38
No we shouldn't be grateful we have a communicative developer, we should have had a game that was fully tested on the console before they decided to release!

stigssccousin
27-05-2015, 08:48
I don't totally disagree with you but you have to take in the attention to detail and the progress thus far. Like example the shifter actually goes into the designated shifting point like a real car the sounds bites for the vehicles are spot on. DRS power overtake in car suspension adjusting front and rear downforce active adjustment headlights wipers all togglable btw, I could go on forever. Nothings ever perfect when it's released and the amount of different platform controller types blah blah blah they got as close as they could. Unforseen issues are exactly what they are unforseen. But I don't see any other comparable simulator out right now for X1..so no we should be thankful a company finally stuck one up forzas ass and ran with it. Perfection takes time and they're on the right path.

MysterG
27-05-2015, 09:00
No we shouldn't be grateful we have a communicative developer, we should have had a game that was fully tested on the console before they decided to release!

It was (as has been pointed out ad infinitum, see the communication?) but people apparently don't understand how console testing works and/or refuse to believe it when it's explained to them.

WRT IVORBIGUN
27-05-2015, 09:13
Personally I am getting more annoyed at the complaining about Project cars than the actual bugs in the game.

This is a fantastic game and the tyre physics are sensational. Whilst driving the cars is difficult with a controller, with the right settings they are driveable. I can easily match those using a wheel. I cannot help but think that even after the match some will be complaning because this is a sim rather than an arcade racer!

My only gripe is I would like to see more leaderboards and an improvement in the framerate. I can however patiently wait for these because im a very mature gamer (over 40!) who appreciates what SMS have created and how incredibly difficult the coding of this game must of been especially the tyre physics.

Retro_uk
27-05-2015, 09:17
is the testing thing in relation to them using dev kits and waiting for discs from MS? Because I pre purchased the retail release on the digital store about two weeks before the game was released. The game was downloaded to my Xbox waiting to be unlocked. It was clearly the retail version and I'm fairly confident it MUST have come from SMS and I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be given access to it to try it out. If they had, they would have (or at least should have) noticed the steering issue, with plenty of time before release date.

Follialucida1908
27-05-2015, 09:22
We console owners who have paid the game. As for those who use the PC, I'm sure there's some pirated copy. :cool:

stigssccousin
27-05-2015, 09:32
Maybe they tested it with a wheel setup and used a default compensation for the controller I mean it's definitely meant for a wheel. That's why the deadzone adjustments and all are there and to also compensate for worn controllers. But its hard to convert 90 degrees of wheel lock to a inch of joystick travel. That's why there's work arounds because the issue probably wasn't an issue until real world applications came in play I.e. Diff servers brands of controllers who knows but I highly doubt after 4 years of hard work and development they'd say fuck the customers and release it anyways.

really
27-05-2015, 09:35
Why is it so hard to understand?

The patch goes off to MS, they cannot say when it will be cleared, so SMS cannot say when it will be released.
When they have done their testing MS say to SMS "okay it should be ready to go live in x days.
SMS tell us it should be live in x days.

So the date is the expected date, but no it's not set in stone as unforeseen circumstances could change it e.g. MS ring up and say "hey SMS we need to hold back on it because of reasons"

The fanbase should count themselves lucky they have such a communicative & supportive developer.

So it's not gonna be coming anytime in the next few days...?

Great...

Well at least I know now rather than coming back here and checking every day. Who would've known it'll probably end up taking near enough to a month to get a patch through! That's the mad part for me.

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 09:36
Maybe they tested it with a wheel setup and used a default compensation for the controller I mean it's definitely meant for a wheel. That's why the deadzone adjustments and all are there and to also compensate for worn controllers. But its hard to convert 90 degrees of wheel lock to a inch of joystick travel. That's why there's work arounds because the issue probably wasn't an issue until real world applications came in play I.e. Diff servers brands of controllers who knows but I highly doubt after 4 years of hard work and development they'd say fuck the customers and release it anyways.

Yes, the Xbox One controller bug did not show up on the development kits that's why it couldn't get fixed before release obviously. ;)

So it's not gonna be coming anytime in the next few days...?

Great...

Well at least I know now rather than coming back here and checking every day. Who would've known it'll probably end up taking near enough to a month to get a patch through! That's the mad part for me.

You're not checking hard enough:

The patch is coming on the 29th.

If it misses I'll play you all my latest self penned song.

really
27-05-2015, 09:40

Awesome, thanks. I didn't see that post.

It's this sort of information that should be updated in the sticky

EDIT: It turns out that is the date for the PS4 patch. NOT the Xbox 1 date.

stigssccousin
27-05-2015, 09:44
Yes, the Xbox One controller bug did not show up on the development kits that's why it couldn't get fixed before release obviously. ;)

I never doubted it for a minute no way it'd look sound and have as much infinite possibilities of tunes and the details to everything...absolutely staggering. I'm not disappointed in any way.

Sonic6L
27-05-2015, 09:46
I don't totally disagree with you but you have to take in the attention to detail and the progress thus far. Like example the shifter actually goes into the designated shifting point like a real car the sounds bites for the vehicles are spot on. DRS power overtake in car suspension adjusting front and rear downforce active adjustment turnsignals headlights wipers all togglable btw, I could go on forever. Nothings ever perfect when it's released and the amount of different platform controller types blah blah blah they got as close as they could. Unforseen issues are exactly what they are unforseen. But I don't see any other comparable simulator out right now for X1..so no we should be thankful a company finally stuck one up forzas ass and ran with it. Perfection takes time and they're on the right path.

Mapping turn signals to a button? Since when?

MysterG
27-05-2015, 09:46
Awesome, thanks. I didn't see that post.

It's this sort of information that should be updated in the sticky

XB1 patch is expected on 29th.

really
27-05-2015, 09:49
XB1 patch is expected on 29th.

Would prefer to hear it from the man himself. Just for official-ness.

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 09:49

Nope. It just got posted accidently in the wrong forum. ;)

Here's the confirmation done a correct Xbox One thread from the man himself:

Posted elsewhere Bryer but we're told it's coming on the 29th.

stigssccousin
27-05-2015, 09:51
Mapping turn signals to a button? Since when?

Its an option under controller settings unless im mistaking I saw it under controller assignments I could have misread something out of excitement lol or frustration

MysterG
27-05-2015, 09:51

and confirmed umpteen times in this one :rolleyes:

really
27-05-2015, 09:52

Here's the confirmation done a correct Xbox One thread from the man himself:

Great, I can relax now I have a date. :)

really
27-05-2015, 09:53

Well how about updating the sticky/thread title so people actually see it, rather than getting buried...?

The snarkiness isn't appreciated.

Follialucida1908
27-05-2015, 10:12
You know something about the weight of the patch?

Sonic6L
27-05-2015, 10:17
Well how about updating the sticky/thread title so people actually see it, rather than getting buried...?

The snarkiness isn't appreciated.

+1. Not needed, especially not from a moderator.

Its an option under controller settings unless im mistaking I saw it under controller assignments I could have misread something out of excitement lol or frustration

Pretty sure you cannot map turn signals. Wipers & Lights yes, turn signals no.

stigssccousin
27-05-2015, 10:19
Pretty sure you cannot map turn signals. Wipers & Lights yes, turn signals no.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just looked too lol I was mistaking my bad.

Vittorio Rapa
27-05-2015, 10:32
One advice (for anyone): stop telling the moderators how they should do their job. If you believe that a moderator is doing something wrong, you're invited to contact the staff (in example me) privately.
The moderators are here for your convenience, they help to maintain the forum clean and enjoyable for us all, we should thank them for their time.

Wiggy
27-05-2015, 10:40
I am fully aware of how console testing works, but to miss a blindingly obvious fault like the braking and sound cutting out on an official ms headset is pathetic, I'm not saying the game won't be great and I am happy to wait for the patch, but I just think some things were just overlooked to push through a release date!

Stephen Viljoen
27-05-2015, 10:49
Here we go (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes&p=947264&viewfull=1#post947264).

Blackvault
27-05-2015, 10:50
Here we go (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes&p=947264&viewfull=1#post947264).

Rejoice! We can finally stop having to answer questions on when the patch is due... until the next one!

Pete

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 10:53
Thread title updated. ;)

Sonic6L
27-05-2015, 10:55
One advice (for anyone): stop telling the moderators how they should do their job. If you believe that a moderator is doing something wrong, you're invited to contact the staff (in example me) privately.
The moderators are here for your convenience, they help to maintain the forum clean and enjoyable for us all, we should thank them for their time.

It's not really an enjoyable time on the forum when some moderators are plain rude. Not talking about MysterG in this instance. I will PM you.

menaceuk
27-05-2015, 12:02
Rejoice! We can finally stop having to answer questions on when the patch is due... until the next one!

Pete

So, when is the Patch 1.4 coming :glee:

nissan4ever
27-05-2015, 14:24
So, when is the Patch 1.4 coming :glee:

Next week by Fri sir

nissan4ever
27-05-2015, 14:25
You know something about the weight of the patch?

Budski
27-05-2015, 14:44

Wouldn't it have been better to update the main thread on the subject so people can find it rather than be a smartass

Sonic6L
27-05-2015, 14:48

I'm surprised it's quite small. I expected it to be bigger in honesty but I can't wait. Excited.

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 14:53
These "bug fix" patches are smaller. When you see a patch pushing close to 1GB then you know some good new stuff is coming to the game.

Sankyo
27-05-2015, 20:55
Great, I can relax now I have a date. :)

You shouldn't relax, but try to make a great first impression.

Oh, not that kind of date.

sublime1996525
27-05-2015, 21:24
I don't know if I've ever been so excited for a patch lol.

mDaro
27-05-2015, 21:32
I shelved my game last week. Been looking forward to this game for over a year. I'm just pretending it isn't out yet. My wife even bought my copy to work and shrink wrapped it again. She is going to give it to me as a "surprise" gift next week.

I see both sides of this discussion but the only reason people are complaining is because they/I want to play this game sooooo much. People shouldn't be disrespectful but MODS shouldn't be smart asses either. It's dividing the community. We need to work together here. This possibly could be the greatest racing game of all time and we can help mold it but some also need an outlet for their frustrations.

Maybe sticky one post up top and call it the "Bitch About the Game Til The Patch Is Out" thread?

Neil Bateman
27-05-2015, 21:35
Dont know why but im also exited and im on PC with a G27.

FA RACING 01
27-05-2015, 21:51
It's not really an enjoyable time on the forum when some moderators are plain rude. Not talking about MysterG in this instance. I will PM you.

Not trying to defend the moderators, but I think they're way more lenient and in general decent than I expected. Coming from the Forza forums where you get banned or a moderator's wrath (sometimes rightly so) for foul language, personal insults or insulting the developer, I think this forum is a Sunday picnic as far as mods are concerned. Wont allow that in my own backyard either.

Bealdor
28-05-2015, 09:33
Title updated and thread closed.

Since the patch is now live, please post your feedback/impressions in the Xbox One Patch 1.3 Thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Available-now-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes). Thanks.