PDA

View Full Version : PS4 - Ghosting - My Fix

Sporran
24-05-2015, 09:13
Right please do not let this transcend in to another one of them threads. If you do not suffer from this phenomenon then you are very very lucky so please stay out of this as this thread is not for you. What people want is empathy not apathy.

My first race lasted 2 minutes and I literally felt like vomiting. I have never ever had a game do this before and i needed to lie down my head was spinning.

I tried over the coming days and literally unable to complete a race never mind a season just couldn't do it. I tried 2 different TVs and same problem, tried sitting 1m from a 46" to 3-4m not much different.

Now fast forward to this weekend and i have noticed something.

I am now on Season 2, played a 1 hr MP session on Friday night (was drunk so maybe that helped) and am able to race.

I still very much see the ghosting on scenery and cars as it was day one, when in the pits and a car drives past i see 2 of them. But i think persevering has certainly reduced the nauseating effect so much now that i think its gone. Probably a case of trying to de-sensitis yourself but appreciate for some this may not work.

So whilst its not an ideal solution, persevere by the time the patch comes you may not need it for the reasons you do now.

KEEP PLAYING

jason
28-05-2015, 03:43
1) get drunk

2) keep playing :)

Sporran
28-05-2015, 06:24
lol maybe that the answer.

But in all honesty i am now playing regular with no side effects, even when sober ;)

It may work for some and not others but at least now i am able to enjoy the RUF GT3 in the schleife :D

Fryto
28-05-2015, 09:12
When the trackside scenery is far from the track, I barely notice it (for example Donington). But tracks like Azure Circuit where there is a lot of trackside scenery close to the actual track, it just makes me feel dizzy and I can't do more than a couple of laps.
I really hope they address this issue, as Monaco is actually one of my favorite circuits.

dwalldorf
28-05-2015, 13:45
I never had the ghosting effect. Will try the alcohol-workaround anyway :D

PaRRoT
28-05-2015, 14:14
I think that the ghosting issue may vary from TV to TV. I saw the effect only when I taken a screenshot from the share button or when I played from my 23 inch Hannspree 60 Hz computer monitor. When I played on my LG TV (55 inch, 500 Hz MCI) I never noticed the problem.

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 14:21
Try turning the exposure lev up in the visual option menu. It usually works. Just make sure you are happy with all the button pressing when test driving on time trial. Hope this helps.