PDA

View Full Version : Do Assists Have Any Sort Of Handicap?

McLarenDan
24-05-2015, 10:29
Hi there,

As the title says:

Do any of the assists have a handicap (like Forza - if you use assists, the game makes your car slower).

A list would be cool to build out.

wraithsrike
24-05-2015, 10:42
The answer will all depend on the driver, best thing to do is grab a car find a track an practice and your soon find what suits you best, this game is also heavily influenced by tuning. The Clio for instance I could not drive at all no matter what assists I used but after spending time in tuning the thing goes around the track like it's on rails with no assists.

In arcadie driving games you can turn your assistance on or off and away you go, this game isn't quite that simple, each car drives so different you really need to spend time getting to know it first

Srt8 300c
24-05-2015, 10:48
I think enabling traction control will slow you down maybe a few tenths (never driven with it on).....
I prefer to have it turned off as i prefer to feather the throttle to accelerate. Imo it gives you a greater feel when your close to the limits.

Regarding abs i also have that turned off.
I set my brake pressure so it bites hard without fully locking up giving you maximum stopping power.
I think with abs you dont quite get the maximum force you have with it turned off.

With regards to assisted steering and braking i feel enabling them would put you at a disadvantage.

I also dislike the illuminated driving line as each car has different braking zones and driving lines.
It is much better to learn the track off by heart, which enables you to pay closer attention to what is happening on the track around you.
It also lets you keep a good check on those tyre and engine temps!!

McLarenDan
24-05-2015, 10:49
Cheers buddy, I was more questioning if anyone is aware of any handicaps of using assists.

I.E. added weight when using ABS or TC.

Or slower top end when using stability. etc etc

dyr_gl
24-05-2015, 10:51
No, if they´re coded right. That´s why motorsport series NEED to ban them.

Srt8 300c
24-05-2015, 10:52
I think using tc and stability will slow you down in the bends as it will cut power when it detects wheelspin.
Not sure about added weight.
Wouldnt have thought so as tc and stability come from engine management-not additional components on the car

wraithsrike
24-05-2015, 10:58
Cheers buddy, I was more questioning if anyone is aware of any handicaps of using assists.

I.E. added weight when using ABS or TC.

Or slower top end when using stability. etc etc

None that I know of