PDA

View Full Version : Stop quitting!

LCJ
24-05-2015, 10:33
How fun is it when everyone at the last place quit the race? Not fun at all! Please stop with this idiotic behavior. If you can't handle the fact that someone has to take last place, and that someone can be you, then don't race!

I just did a 20 lap race at Spa, ended up at 2 place. I was also last in that race because every one behind me quit! So please can we agree that if we take part in a race then we stay to the bitter end, no matter if we are last or first.

Just had to get this of my chest...it feels better now thank you! :)

WARDOGZ.UK
24-05-2015, 10:37
How fun is it when everyone at the last place quit the race? Not fun at all! Please stop with this idiotic behavior. If you can't handle the fact that someone has to take last place, and that someone can be you, then don't race!

I just did a 20 lap race at Spa, ended up at 2 place. I was also last in that race because every one behind me quit! So please can we agree that if we take part in a race then we stay to the bitter end, no matter if we are last or first.
Just had to get this of my chest...it feels better now thank you! :)

Dream on, until there's a sufficiently severe punishment for leaving the race early, OR reward for staying, i'm afraid this will always be the case on public servers, only way around it is to race with people you know.

Tompo
24-05-2015, 10:39
There should be a punishment for mid-race quitting, but i dont know what atm.

Gehzilla
24-05-2015, 10:56
I think they should implement a credit system. For every clean round you become maybe 1 credit and can spend it in helmet design or small liveries....but i mean no NFS style or similar game, only small things.

fitzsteve
24-05-2015, 11:22
Probably better they leave then get in the way when you're lapping them and spoil your race!

I've been wiped out too many times by back markers who wont let you lap them.

Derby2P
24-05-2015, 11:53
It is really annoying when people quit - I often come last or near the back, but enjoy the racing just as much.

Yes, I have tried to lap people and noticed them making it hard work to pass (or trying to knock you off as you pass). Similarly, in qualifying I often get people coming out of the pits and either coming out straight in front of me or blocking my way/"racing" when they're not even on a timed lap and often struggling with cold tyres.

One thing to note though - I've been disconnected mid-race a few times, so sometimes it might not be them actually quitting. The game is being ruined though by people who are obviously better suited to Need for Speed or whatever.

Umer Ahmad
24-05-2015, 12:07
Swe need go find one of these quitters and ask him, "why do you quit?" and just listen

fatClyde
24-05-2015, 12:12
Good luck with that ! It was the same during testing believe it or not. Devs trying to get a handle on multiplayer and babies quitting as soon as they spin out or lose a place. Will never change :(

Motorhead Racer
24-05-2015, 12:15
I always stick at it, if nothing else I can treat it like a practice session..

I think one thing that would help a little is if at the end of the race it showed everyones fastest laps of the race, that way if you finish last you can still have some pride in the fact that you should of been higher up due to your pace

DragonSyr
24-05-2015, 12:16
another solution is that when someone quits , then his car can be an Ai car..... ??

DragonSyr
24-05-2015, 12:19
Swe need go find one of these quitters and ask him, "why do you quit?" and just listen

propably is a kid that test the game ..... it is not allways reaction of a looser :)

FalkeGT
24-05-2015, 12:22
I always stick at it, if nothing else I can treat it like a practice session..

I think one thing that would help a little is if at the end of the race it showed everyones fastest laps of the race, that way if you finish last you can still have some pride in the fact that you should of been higher up due to your pace

I'm quite sure you already can see the fastest laps. Press the menu button after finishing the race, then the times show up.

John Hargreaves
24-05-2015, 12:44
I would have thought that people quit because they joined up to race, and then if they spin out and spend the next ten laps on their own at the back, it gets a bit lonely. I think it depends on who you are racing against; if they are even just a tad faster, then you can end up in a very boring (compared to fighting someone closely matched the whole race) spot for the whole of the rest of the race. Some will just say 'well that's realistic' which is true, but you can't blame people who just bought the game to have fun.
I do like the idea of the AI taking over though, that works pretty well, especially when the AI you is faster than the real you ;)

Jesse Fahrenkrog
24-05-2015, 18:33
I think a lot of it is just the realization that they're not as fast as they think they are. "If I'm not going to win I don't even want to play so I'll quit or go wreck people." It's sad because with this approach they'll never become any better at racing.

When I realize someone is faster than me I try to go to school. I follow as long as I can and see where and how I'm getting beat. It usually helps you become better.

could_do_better
24-05-2015, 18:37
The dust will settle and the races will improve. I've actually been pleasantly surprised how many relatively clean races I have managed to join. I expected it to be much worse. On the plus side 3 years of being soundly thrashed by the other WMD members, means i can now drive fast enough to be competitive against the fresh meat, won't take long until I'm bringing up the rear again though.

Franco Ferrari
24-05-2015, 19:04
I quitted once.
Last week.
I'll tell you why.

It was a 15 laps race at Le Mans, prototypes class.
I started from the back, we were 12 racers.
I was doing good, I was gaining places...but I noticed that once I passed someone, he was either at the pits or crashed.
At the 5th lap I reached the head of the race...he was going very slowly. He was the host too.

His car was completely mangled, with no aero surfaces left...but still going. Damage was fully enabled.

I was 100% healthy...and had no problems in finding a place to pass him.

When I tried...he rammed me.
I managed to recover, reached him again, and at the Porche curves he rammed ne again. This time we both hit the barriers hard. He probably destroyed his car. I was still going but seriously damaged. I tried to reach the pits...but, I saw no point in doing it.
And I quit.

Once in the lobby... I saw this same guy, with yet another opened lobby for a prototype race at le mans.

I quit playing entirely for the rest of the day.

The morale here is...not all the quitters are the worst blokes on the track.

madmax2069
24-05-2015, 19:13
I think that quitting a race should reflect on your record (obviously not if it was by a system crash or connection issue, but people would just end up quitting the race by disrupting their internet service, in that case ot should reflect as a DNF).

When you join a lobby your online record should show by your name (how many online races you have taken part in, how many times you did not finish, how many times you quit the race, Disqualified from the race) it should all be taken acount of and made into a online score.

But again just becaise someone quits a race isnt always because they're in last place (maybe their car died, or people are wrecking).

GT500
24-05-2015, 19:40
20laps at Spa i would quit after 10 even if i was first :P

N0body Of The Goat
24-05-2015, 20:15
I think that quitting a race should reflect on your record (obviously not if it was by a system crash or connection issue, but people would just end up quitting the race by disrupting their internet service, in that case ot should reflect as a DNF).

When you join a lobby your online record should show by your name (how many online races you have taken part in, how many times you did not finish, how many times you quit the race, Disqualified from the race) it should all be taken acount of and made into a online score.

But again just becaise someone quits a race isnt always because they're in last place (maybe their car died, or people are wrecking).

Well there is a page of stats linked to your current default.sav profile, that shows a whole host of things about your driving, I think it is called "driver network" and is in the main menu of pCARS (off to the right IIRC).

At some point, this data could be used for more use, perhaps by an app if not by SMS themselves. ;)

Shogun613
24-05-2015, 23:59
Well there is a page of stats linked to your current default.sav profile, that shows a whole host of things about your driving, I think it is called "driver network" and is in the main menu of pCARS (off to the right IIRC).

At some point, this data could be used for more use, perhaps by an app if not by SMS themselves. ;)

^ This. I try not to quit, even if I'm running dead last, unless I'm being harassed and constantly dumped off track by a bunch of boobs. I think it might be tied to driver rating in the lobby search function, but only time will tell being that its only been live for a few weeks.

Eric Rowland
25-05-2015, 00:06
I quitted once.
Last week.
I'll tell you why.

I was doing good, I was gaining places...but I noticed that once I passed someone, he was either at the pits or crashed.
At the 5th lap I reached the head of the race...he was going very slowly. He was the host too.

His car was completely mangled, with no aero surfaces left...but still going. Damage was fully enabled.

I managed to recover, reached him again, and at the Porche curves he rammed ne again. This time we both hit the barriers hard. He probably destroyed his car. I was still going but seriously damaged. I tried to reach the pits...but, I saw no point in doing it.
And I quit.

Once in the lobby... I saw this same guy, with yet another opened lobby for a prototype race at le mans.

This same ramming business has happened to me too. Always from quitters. They ram you head-on then hit the exit button. The business of people quitting races after 1 or 2 laps goes all the way back to Grand Prix Legends races (for me). The old adage holds true in these cases..."Quitters never win and winners never quit."

hostaman
25-05-2015, 07:03
When I start a race and some jerk takes me out before the end of the start straight, causing so much damage the car is not drive-able, you bet I quit!

There are some truly monumental design decision **** ups in this game.

Pink_650S
25-05-2015, 07:28
I quitted once.
Last week.
I'll tell you why.

And I quit.

My question is, why did you start such a long race with randoms in the first place?

Mattias
25-05-2015, 10:29
An improvement would be not to remove the player who quit from the results.

I myself would never quit, but then again, I usually never have an accident either.
As for rammers, you really need to find a group of people to race with.
I myself am in a group called UKCD (UK Clean Drivers) (no need to be from the UK, I'm from Sweden myself.)

Crashes in the beginning at a race start is part of racing and happens in real life as well, but ramming on purpose...
Actually, I haven't met a single rammer online yet. I wonder if the trick is to search for "pro handling" lobbies? That's what I do.

Invincible
25-05-2015, 10:52
Just think of it as an elimination race with all the quitters. Last man standing. :p /jk

I really think that quitters should be somehow punished. Bad online karma. And then have race lobbies were you can set a minimum karma level. If yours is too low, you can't enter the lobby.

But it need to be decided which actions should be punished, to prevent punishing for things that shouldn't be punished.

Franco Ferrari
25-05-2015, 10:58
My question is, why did you start such a long race with randoms in the first place?

Because I had faith?

And I quit because I saw no point in being a target practice dummy for frustrated a$$h0les.

DragonSyr
25-05-2015, 11:09
my question is, what if on a 100% race someone ramm you and your car is destroyed , must you wait for the end of the race?? offcourse you quit , so i think the the punish for quiting is not an option......

MULTIVITZ
25-05-2015, 11:38
We all quit for some reason of tother. Just try to find friends to race with. The chor of driving on cold tyres has put many a gamer off tuning, if you can't keep with someone or you crashed you aint going to be drinking sour milk.

It will take a few months for people to find their feet, it always does. The whole game is a blank canvas, why don't you read the suggestion threads and have your voice, every little bit helps (the women said as she peed in the sea!)

LCJ
25-05-2015, 15:47
Ofcourse it can be fine to quit sometimes, people quit for different recent but just giving up because you lost the first turn... that's just pure laziness imho. But I imagine it will be better as the hype of the game cool down a bit.

Murt
26-05-2015, 05:30
another solution is that when someone quits , then his car can be an Ai car..... ??

Good idea but not sure if that would be possible. I quit the entire game the other day when three out of four races pinged me for jumping the start, when I had my foot on the brake each time trying to avoid just that. I don't know whether it is a bug or a feature but I hope it is something they will change soon. I am not interested in finishing a race I have no chance of winning if I get an unfair drive through for nothing. The other issue, related to this I suspect (when it happens to other people) is when there is a major crash on the starting grid before the race either begins, and then you have to navigate your way through a mess of cars.

gookiecrunch
26-05-2015, 05:51
I just go for fastest lap. Which would be nice to see at the end of the race screen. Finishing first Ya I can see it if I hit start or something but I want them to see it!! Haha but soon I'm going to have to tune much more than aero and brakes....lol

Mattias
26-05-2015, 06:11
Good idea but not sure if that would be possible. I quit the entire game the other day when three out of four races pinged me for jumping the start, when I had my foot on the brake each time trying to avoid just that. I don't know whether it is a bug or a feature but I hope it is something they will change soon. I am not interested in finishing a race I have no chance of winning if I get an unfair drive through for nothing. The other issue, related to this I suspect (when it happens to other people) is when there is a major crash on the starting grid before the race either begins, and then you have to navigate your way through a mess of cars.

No penalties on? You'd be disqualified if you did that otherwise. Or at least I am. Accidentally started too soon a few times and always get a DQ.

blacknred81
26-05-2015, 06:46
Whats funny is that some people quit before the game goes back to the lobby so they lose their positions after they finished. I ended up with a few non deserved podiums because of this. I guess people dont want to wait for the slower drivers to finish or time to run down.....

Arkymedes
26-05-2015, 10:55
Whats funny is that some people quit before the game goes back to the lobby so they lose their positions after they finished. I ended up with a few non deserved podiums because of this. I guess people dont want to wait for the slower drivers to finish or time to run down.....

"Impatience" and "I want it now" is what defines this generation.

DragonSyr
26-05-2015, 11:00

let them learn to wait. it is their problem and not of the game if they lose podiums ....

eracerhead
26-05-2015, 11:52

Yes, I've see this too. IMO, this should be patched at some point.

I'd also support any non-finishing drivers being awarded a DNF instead of just being removed from the list. If someone works their way up to say 8th in a field of twenty, he shouldn't be shown in last place if all those others quit. The worst part is that a lot of people feel motivated to quit in that same circumstance, as all of a suddenly their great run has been negated and they're now running in 'last' place. With the HUD still showing 8/20, perhaps they'd stay in until the end.

hostaman
26-05-2015, 12:00
This is ultimately where PCars fails to be a sim.

In a real race, drivers will keep going because (a) There are points to be had and (b) the sponsors are paying.

PCars gives us nothing, nada just a dull set of stats. The absence of XP or unlocks is hailed as a plus, but the absence of any incentives will always lead to more quitters.
I do it myself - Why slog through many more laps where I stand to gain nothing, when I could join a race with fewer trolls and get a podium?

Mattias
26-05-2015, 13:31

In a real race, drivers will keep going because (a) There are points to be had and (b) the sponsors are paying.

PCars gives us nothing, nada just a dull set of stats. The absence of XP or unlocks is hailed as a plus, but the absence of any incentives will always lead to more quitters.
I do it myself - Why slog through many more laps where I stand to gain nothing, when I could join a race with fewer trolls and get a podium?

I don't think adding XP or anything will help, just look at GRID AutoSport.
People who comes last will still quit because they don't think it's worth it to keep going if they don't win.

Also, XP and Money was the thing that made me throw away the game.

Throw these quitters into real cars and they would probably behave the same.

The solution is just to attend private events/leagues.
There are a lot of them out there, both here on the forums and on different steam groups.
And it's not about being faster or gaining a podium, it's about having fun and experience excellent exciting racing.
Hotlapping != racing. There's time trial for that.

Maybe if they implemented some kind of Academy to the solo section "Coming soon" spot, people could learn about the arts of racing.

Franco Ferrari
26-05-2015, 13:51

So... you're blaming pCARS for the very existence of quitters?

DragonSyr
26-05-2015, 14:35
only for quitters???? i blame pcars because I forget to eat at noon almost every day..... i must sell this title before i starve to death......shame and disgrace :devilish:

Mark Quigley
26-05-2015, 15:21
only for quitters???? i blame pcars because I forget to eat at noon almost every day..... i must sell this title before i starve to death......shame and disgrace :devilish:

Set one of these up beside your rig filled with your favorite treat.
For other functions I would recommend a commode.
Now all you have to worry about is deep vein thrombosis, alcohol thins your blood so I would advise being blind drunk.

:D

DragonSyr
26-05-2015, 15:28
hahaha thanks for the advice....... :) :) :)

3800racingfool
26-05-2015, 15:52
In my experience, a lot of people tend to quit out of frustration. Ie: they get involved in a shunt with another car that damages their machine thus making them non-competitive and resigned to last place no matter what (losing a wheel in the first corner pretty much means you're screwed). In these cases I can share their frustration. If I wanted to drive 25mph while trying to dodge traffic I'd just go outside and drive in real life.

About the only solution I can see, other than perhaps some sort of ladder system that rewards not quitting enough to make it worth your while to try and make it back to the pits sans important parts, is to just race in private groups or with friends whom you know won't quit (or just join races with damage off).

As to the people who do quit just because they didn't come out of the first turn in 1st place: Not much you can do about them except feel sorry for their self-centeredness. No amount of penalties, points, rewards, or anything else will change them.

MABlosfeld
26-05-2015, 16:23
Most players abandon the race because they can not lose.

Franco Ferrari
26-05-2015, 16:35

xxoxxGURUxxoxx
26-05-2015, 19:26
The Same Problem is in Shooter Game also the Leave before finished :-( you can only Händle this with a Penalty system

DragonSyr
26-05-2015, 22:11
The Same Problem is in Shooter Game also the Leave before finished :-( you can only Händle this with a Penalty system

say again that the penalty is not an option, because you can quit for many other reason and not only because you are back.... what about a troll ramm you in a race of 20 laps.... you like to wait until to finish the game because there is a penalty??

i can think many more situations

oALEXtheGREATo
27-05-2015, 00:29
Quitting wouldn't be that big of an issue if people learned to race properly. People don't understand braking zones, racing lines and such. I've lost count of how many times I begin to brake before I go into a corner and get absolutely slammed from behind pushing me off the track. Or people who think they have the inside line on you when you're right next to the rumble strips and they try to take you on the inside anyway...

It's not as bad when damage is on cosmetic because your car is still functioning 100%, but when it's on full damage it just becomes more of a joke than anything else. Broken suspension, car seriously pulling to one side, missing a wheel, etc. You're no longer competitive due to idiots who can't race and think this game is Need for Speed or Driveclub.

Murt
27-05-2015, 00:42
No penalties on? You'd be disqualified if you did that otherwise. Or at least I am. Accidentally started too soon a few times and always get a DQ.

I think it might be, if you are in the pits before the race starts then it has a habit of glitching once it puts you on the starting grid. Not sure but I made sure I was on the track each race last night and didn't have any issues. Others did though and this is all I can put it down to at this stage.

cloakdeath
27-05-2015, 01:04
There is supposed to be a reputation system in this game for the multiplayer but it doesn't appear to be switched on. Oh and I have ragequitted two or three times when I am rammed off road...make my way from last place to second place, get rammed off road and have car damage, make way back to near the front and then smashed off the road again.

But yes, generally speaking it sucks that you begin a full race and end up with five people left. Without a call of duty style unlock system a lot of people lose focus and want to move on quickly.

hostaman
27-05-2015, 12:18
The solution is just to attend private events/leagues.
There are a lot of them out there, both here on the forums and on different steam groups.

This isn't a solution. I'm sure I'm not alone in being a player who tries to cram a few games in when I can.
I don't have the masses of free time to pre-arrange race meets. :(

I do think that SMS have dropped the ball. With all the focus on graphics, the multiplayer feels neglected.
Even GT had ghosting (I agree it doesn't work 100% of the time) to prevent players from deliberately ramming.

Trolling is a problem on all non-arcade racers*, and SMS haven't moved the story on. It's what makes Pcars a great driving game but not the definitive one - I'm still waiting for that one. :(

* Arcade racers often use walls or fences to prevent racers from running you off the road. They also make cars "pit" proof

Mattias
27-05-2015, 13:09
This isn't a solution. I'm sure I'm not alone in being a player who tries to cram a few games in when I can.
I don't have the masses of free time to pre-arrange race meets. :(

Even with a proper penalty/rating system (which I do believe is coming, the driver profile has the data and just needs to get used) a person can decide to suddenly go aggressive and ram everyone.
SMS can't tell people what to do or not to do.

I too have very little time to race. This is why I also maximize that time by attending events set at specific dates.
Not only are they much more fun, but you will know you can trust your fellow racers to race clean.
So events is exactly the thing for the people who does not have a lot of time on their hands.

cudirage13
27-05-2015, 16:01
I fully agree! I never quit even if I'm dead last. At least do yourself the honor of crossing the damn finish line!

LADY GEMMA JANE
27-05-2015, 20:10
I never quit

Hyflex
27-05-2015, 22:48
I never quit

I never quit either, I got smashed out yesterday into turn 1 with half my car damaged, I did the entire race with a severely damaged car and still managed to get back up to win.

awaite85
27-05-2015, 23:25
Do like COD, 12 hour ban for quitting too many times.

Quelxes
28-05-2015, 09:29
There should be something similar to what World of WarCraft does with Battleground quitters. If you quit you get 30 minutes ban for online sessions. But I would add to that by doing increment . Quit 2nd time you get 45 minutes, 3rd time = 60 minutes and so on.

DragonSyr
28-05-2015, 10:02
there are many reasons to quit.... why should have ban for this?
if i join on a troll room without knowing it I must get punishment for quiting????

hostaman
28-05-2015, 11:54
there are many reasons to quit.... why should have ban for this?
if i join on a troll room without knowing it I must get punishment for quiting????

+1

Last night I was in a race where two guys decided to target me together as I had dared to pass them.
They tag teamed me until I just gave up.

You expect me to keep going through this?

I have more self respect.

MikeyTT
29-05-2015, 14:14
Banning people for quitting will serve to punish everyone, even those with good reason to quit.

I agree public on-line is a bit of a lottery. I've had a couple of good races, with a little bump and grind, but then some out and out horrific races where it seems nobody can pass cleanly and you end up pointed at the scenery.

Last weekend I went from P2 in a Clio race at Donington down to P18 purely down to being smashed off the track at every corner. After getting taken out by someone sat sideways in the racing line at the chicane (national layout), I gave up. I don't see why I should be penalised for that?

What you need is the Safety Rating system that was talked about to be implemented, which takes info from how much you have contact, how often you quit, etc. and then allow you to create an online race limiting to a certain level of rating. That IMO would help solve a lot of the public session issues.

Obviously join a few groups and hopefully when you do get time in-game then there will always be a lobby with trusted racers running.

Rippo
29-05-2015, 15:10
Are the profile informations broken? 'Cause I ragequit once (was first and the last hit me on purpose), but I read "race ended 100.00". Is it normal to be like this?

farobaba
29-05-2015, 15:20
I honestly do not see this as an issue on the XBox One. It is possible that these are not your average racers but gamers who decide to "try" the game out and end up returning it after a day because they do not understand the game. They expect Need for Speed and wonder, "Why doesn't this car turn", maybe it is because you are steering a car going 180mph through a hairpin? Or maybe it is because you don't understand what a chicane is.

Mancunain
29-05-2015, 16:20
Cant ban ppl for leaving a race unless some sort of system is in place, just in case the incident was another persons deliberate actions causing race end..

Its annoying for me too, when ppl leave, or u see 7 cars still on start line or on side after 1st lap... but with my own experience of prob 3 clean races total out of 20 or so.. and most incidents occuring on 1st bend or certainly the 1st lap.. then im not sitting there for 6 laps with a broken car cos some idiot rammed me into a wall...
Some of the best races i had was back in 15th spot with 6 or 7 cars all being fair, was good battles :)
but u know some ppl think a race is 1st spot 1st corner and u win :) its that attitude that needs sorting out aswell..

The way forward here imo, is some sort of clubs or guilds.. works in other games well... use your own races and kick any members u feel are being foolish on track.. we should end up with a good collection of drivers that way.

You also have to remember.. the game is new & ppl dont know tracks or cars yet..
ive played a few days, so know little of most tracks, prob only driven a dozen cars or so, and they all needed some sort of tuning before races or they handle quite bad... which brings up another issue.. some ppl cant enter tune up or drive before a race.. and are locked from parctise or qualify.. and its not due to short time left.. or just simply dont know how to tune...
so ppl use cars not optimal and this causes errors too..

Give it a few weeks for ppl to settle into the game..
start adding the ppl u think are fair/decent drivers
Create guilds or clubs
instead of calling ppl idiots or noobs all the time, try to explain stuff to them.. such as taking corners different if there are 8 cars trying the same corner together or dont push on corners if u faster, just hang back for 1 sec and u fly past them on straight anyway :P u know.. ppl need telling this stuff :)

bazick
04-06-2015, 11:48
A scrap and a battle for position is the fun of racing, it dosent matter wich positon you are inn. if you quit a race because you are not winning or afraid to lose, you define your self as a looser. If you stay inn the game to the end no matter the position on the grid you define your self as a fighter! quiters will never improve to win. Fighters will learn, improve and some day they will get the result inn reward.

Quiting ruins the race for your self and others.

so please stay inn to the end and experience the fun of racing any where on the grid.

"It's called racing, not quitting!!"

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 11:53
Similar threads merged.

bazick
04-06-2015, 15:05
It's called racing, not quitting!!
A scrap and a battle for position is the fun of racing, it dosent matter wich positon you are inn. if you quit a race because you are not winning or afraid to lose, you define your self as a looser. If you stay inn the game to the end no matter the position on the grid you define your self as a fighter! quiters will never improve to win. Fighters will learn, improve and some day they will get the result inn reward.

Quiting ruins the race for your self and others.

so please stay inn to the end and experience the fun of racing any where on the grid.

"It's called racing, not quitting!!"

Jan Studenski
04-06-2015, 15:13
Suggestion:

People who quit often andor have many accidents should get their name coloured in RED so everyone can see their bad behaviour

People who have unusual low amount of accidents and quits should get their name in GOLD or something like this

Maybe GOLD - GREEN - WHITE (neutral / unknown) - ORANGE - RED could be a good colour coding system --- and i think marking the name is the best so everybody can see it!

cerbrus2
04-06-2015, 15:30
I fail to see the problem, if they quit it's because they are either in last place and too far behind to catch up. Or have just spun out and as a result will probably end up in last place with no hope to catch up. If they quit out. How does this effect you or your race, they obviously weren't part of your race or they would not of quit it.

LCJ
04-06-2015, 15:49
I fail to see the problem, if they quit it's because they are either in last place and too far behind to catch up. Or have just spun out and as a result will probably end up in last place with no hope to catch up. If they quit out. How does this effect you or your race, they obviously weren't part of your race or they would not of quit it.
The problem is if you're in third, it's no fun if you're also last.

LCJ
04-06-2015, 15:58
Maybe GOLD - GREEN - WHITE (neutral / unknown) - ORANGE - RED could be a good colour coding system --- and i think marking the name is the best so everybody can see it!
Innovative idea, but I'm not sure about it... anyway it's no good to have gold AND orange as it will easily get mixed up. Green, yellow and red is enough. Problem is if you've been red listed, how to get green again if nobody wants to race you? Maby the color could fade away with time also, i.e. after two days red become yellow and then yellow becomes green after another two days?

F2kSel
04-06-2015, 16:34
Suggestion:

People who quit often andor have many accidents should get their name coloured in RED so everyone can see their bad behaviour

People who have unusual low amount of accidents and quits should get their name in GOLD or something like this

That would work better if it could be linked to a filter system encouraging people to continue and not just keep jumping from server to server causing first lap pile ups as they can't drive.

Jan Studenski
04-06-2015, 16:42
Suggestion:

Innovative idea, but I'm not sure about it... anyway it's no good to have gold AND orange as it will easily get mixed up. Green, yellow and red is enough. Problem is if you've been red listed, how to get green again if nobody wants to race you? Maby the color could fade away with time also, i.e. after two days red become yellow and then yellow becomes green after another two days?

I just thought GOLD as the ultimate target ... people could be encourage to reach GOLD-Status by that ^^

2 days would be way not enough ...1 month maybe

I would rather say that the colours are stats in percentage ... and that means if you behave good you get your percentage back to better colourcoding
I mean the RED would be exactly their for that reason ... so ppl see youre an A******

Postedit: 1 more thought: Public Incidents should count less in the stats to avoid getting in the ORANGE zone because of some ***** online. Also think that if youre a clean driver you will get less contact because you dont produce any. But those **** will have way more contact as they wont stop causing contact. I hope you understand what is say ^^

AB_Attack
08-06-2015, 21:06
Can't punish people for quitting a game, it's not reasonable. Can possibly reward people for staying. Maybe with reputation points.

ilmor
08-06-2015, 23:28
Surprised to read that this is even possible. Something should be done software-wise to help prevent this.

yorksnproud
08-06-2015, 23:52

Ok, you all listening?

Right, I quit tonight in two different races, why? because I was optimistic in thinking I was racing with Motorsport minded people who understood Motorsport rules and respected the fact that the type of racing that P Cars offers us is non contact.

Yes, I can accept that accidents will happen, however, blatently punting you off the circuit may seem like fun to the morons amongst us, but the more serious competitors will simply quit, rather than waste our time racing with lunatics.

I am so looking forward to the near future when the racing community I am part of start our own leagues and Championships as we currently have done for many years with other Sims.

So, if you too are sick and tired of the general standard of race craft we are being subjected to and want to join an organised community of "serious" Sim racing drivers who police their racing as it were real, then let me know.

Project Cars deserves to be driven by enthusiastic people who respect the rules of Motorsport.

eracerhead
09-06-2015, 00:09
I think people should be able to quit for whatever reason, but they must remain listed on the official results as DNF. For many good reasons, but also so that crashers can be identified after the race when you have time to investigate who everyone is based on their positions/vehicles. I was nearly punted out of a race on purpose by a black/blue Macca and couldn't stop during the race to catch his screen-name. He quit before the end, so there's no way of telling who it was, even though it would've been obvious on the results screen as he was dead-last.

Shepard2603
09-06-2015, 06:05
I am also a no-quittng guy, but I am also wondering how this rating system should work. As some respectful drivers already said, they quitted because of the crashers. So if you want to take quitting as a negative aspect for the rating system, these respectful drivers would also be hit by that. How does that make sense... And about the crash detection: How do you want to determine whether a crash was on purpose or a real racing accident. It gets even harder when there are more than two cars involved (e.g. third is late on brakes and pushes the second into the leader...).

One way to reduce the quitting could be to lock the menu during the race. This can of course be circumvented by going to taskmanager and killing the process (on PC ofc, consoles would need a reboot (?? I don't own one). On the one hand it would be quite patronizing but on the other hand people might think twice before hitting Ctrl+Shift+ESC, kill the process and starting all over. I know this is not completely thought through, just a brainstormer...

CTR69
09-06-2015, 06:13
I am also a no-quittng guy, but I am also wondering how this rating system should work. As some respectful drivers already said, they quitted because of the crashers. So if you want to take quitting as a negative aspect for the rating system, these respectful drivers would also be hit by that. How does that make sense... And about the crash detection: How do you want to determine whether a crash was on purpose or a real racing accident. It gets even harder when there are more than two cars involved (e.g. third is late on brakes and pushes the second into the leader...).

One way to reduce the quitting could be to lock the menu during the race. This can of course be circumvented by going to taskmanager and killing the process (on PC ofc, consoles would need a reboot (?? I don't own one). On the one hand it would be quite patronizing but on the other hand people might think twice before hitting Ctrl+Shift+ESC, kill the process and starting all over. I know this is not completely thought through, just a brainstormer...

You'd just have to drive couple of races in the sewers, avoiding contact and finishing races no matter what. Once you get your rank up, you should have less and less such noobs in.

Shepard2603
09-06-2015, 06:22
Mmh, yeah, that might work out, I didn't see it from that POV, thanks!...

I am curious what the dev team has on its mind.

RobMUFC1987
09-06-2015, 08:00
I don't mind quitters. I'll just start at the back without qualifying, if no one is behind me, purposefully have a bad start, drive through turn 1 carnage, watch most people quit, catch the leader/s.

Yeah, I wish I didn't have to do that, but thats Onlines current state

hostaman
09-06-2015, 22:13
Game with full damage on. So I'm just off the starting grid and some ******* stuffs me into a wall. The car now drives sideways.

Do I limp around the entire LeMans circuit bumping from barrier to barrier to get to the pits, or quit.

I quit!

This thread is really stupid.

LCJ
10-06-2015, 05:20
Game with full damage on. So I'm just off the starting grid and some ******* stuffs me into a wall. The car now drives sideways.

Do I limp around the entire LeMans circuit bumping from barrier to barrier to get to the pits, or quit.

I quit!

You know racing accidents happen, even in real life. I have never seen Hamilton quit a race just because he had to pit? If you can drive back to the pit and repair that would be the most realistic thing you can do. You should never give up your hope, if you crash the chanses are that someone else also giong to crash and maby then you are not last and can start gaining places. If everyone quit as soon as it doesn't goes their way its no fun, niether for the person who quit or the people who is still in the game.

The thing is, a lot of people drive like maniacs in the start and crash in the first corner, then blame someone else, then quit. Take it slow the first lap and you will be alright (but then people complain that they are last and quit anyway).

One thing is for sure: you never win if you quit, and its no fun to win if everyone around you has quit!

Shepard2603
10-06-2015, 05:37

I quit!

It's not actually stupid (and it's also kind of insulting to say so), it's just showing that there is a massive problem with open lobbies in regard to have a great race with some decent competitors.

Of course you retire from the game when your car gets severely damaged on the first turn in LeMans, but in a real race you would do the limb-back-to-pits to keep on fighting.

And there is the most important part (IMO): On the one hand there are the people that see PCars just as a game and tend to fire up a new race when they wrecked the car (reason for the wreckage disregarded).
On the other hand there are ambitious racers (many with real life racing experiences), who want to dive into the thing and just simulate real world racing on the PC or console of their choice. And for these people (and at this point I dare to assume that OP belongs to this group), the immersion is just broken when the race starts with 25 people on the grid and ends with 2.

I also have a personal question: Why do you start an endurance race with full damage when you are not willing to use the pits in case of a damage (which also might occur mid-race, not only at the first turn)?

Glenn_Quagmire
10-06-2015, 05:44
I have to say there has to be something implemented in the game to stop all this nonsense. Only the developers can make this happen. Make it where it hurts the player for quitting so much. so many quits and you have to take a day off from racing online. My 2 cents!

AB_Attack
10-06-2015, 07:59
It's not actually stupid (and it's also kind of insulting to say so), it's just showing that there is a massive problem with open lobbies in regard to have a great race with some decent competitors.

Of course you retire from the game when your car gets severely damaged on the first turn in LeMans, but in a real race you would do the limb-back-to-pits to keep on fighting.

And there is the most important part (IMO): On the one hand there are the people that see PCars just as a game and tend to fire up a new race when they wrecked the car (reason for the wreckage disregarded).
On the other hand there are ambitious racers (many with real life racing experiences), who want to dive into the thing and just simulate real world racing on the PC or console of their choice. And for these people (and at this point I dare to assume that OP belongs to this group), the immersion is just broken when the race starts with 25 people on the grid and ends with 2.

I also have a personal question: Why do you start an endurance race with full damage when you are not willing to use the pits in case of a damage (which also might occur mid-race, not only at the first turn)?
I liked his comment because I also think the thread's idea to punish quitters is not very well thought through. I do understand the issue and I sympathise with the feelings completely. I've had them myself many times. But let's look at your stuff first. So there might theoretically be people with real racing ambitions. That does not mean all gamers have to bend to their will. Such a racer would also definitely look up organised leagues and race there, not just for the behaviour improvement and general professionalism but for having all the rules and stuff. That racer would not be at public servers for any good reason I can think of.

Gamers start an endurance race with 100% damage because they thought it might be fun. Often, not a lot more thougth goes into it I bet. "Well they SHOULD!". Yes, I agree, but this is the thing, it's not a perfect world and not everyone is a hardcore simracer that bought the game that needs money to be good. So what do we do about that? Punish people that bought the game when they quit a race? NO. What if they had to quit for real world reason? What if they were rammed at start and it takes most of the race to get back to pit? It's a game and where is the fun in that? Can't force people paying for a hobby endure punishment and unfun stuff. LCJ calls it "racing incidents" that also happen in real life but show me the behaviour we encounter on public servers in real life. I can tell if I'm racing people with good intentions. If I get bumped by them I try to make it back, stay in the game and play fair. The other day I went to the pit two times in a race to stay in it and on the server because they were cool dudes to race with (that was due to rain though). If I get smashed into by idiots or encounter players swerving on the road to keep their position I'll match my own level of gameplay with their level and I might very well push that guy off intentionally or wreck him. Why should I play respectfully against disrespecful players? There is certain fun in wrecking too, so, even if we all seek clean racing in this game. If you don't wanna get punched in the face, maybe you shouldn't punch other people in their faces. Punishments are not the way, rewarding good behaviour is.

For public online I believe the only reasonable way is to continue to play fair and hope for others to follow (and many will). Friend those that are cool people and play with them.

Shepard2603
10-06-2015, 09:32
deleted: just re-read your post and my comment was needless

hostaman
10-06-2015, 15:11
I liked his comment because I also think the thread's idea to punish quitters is not very well thought through. I do understand the issue and I sympathise with the feelings completely. I've had them myself many times. But let's look at your stuff first. So there might theoretically be people with real racing ambitions. That does not mean all gamers have to bend to their will. Such a racer would also definitely look up organised leagues and race there, not just for the behaviour improvement and general professionalism but for having all the rules and stuff. That racer would not be at public servers for any good reason I can think of.

Gamers start an endurance race with 100% damage because they thought it might be fun. Often, not a lot more thougth goes into it I bet. "Well they SHOULD!". Yes, I agree, but this is the thing, it's not a perfect world and not everyone is a hardcore simracer that bought the game that needs money to be good. So what do we do about that? Punish people that bought the game when they quit a race? NO. What if they had to quit for real world reason? What if they were rammed at start and it takes most of the race to get back to pit? It's a game and where is the fun in that? Can't force people paying for a hobby endure punishment and unfun stuff. LCJ calls it "racing incidents" that also happen in real life but show me the behaviour we encounter on public servers in real life. I can tell if I'm racing people with good intentions. If I get bumped by them I try to make it back, stay in the game and play fair. The other day I went to the pit two times in a race to stay in it and on the server because they were cool dudes to race with (that was due to rain though). If I get smashed into by idiots or encounter players swerving on the road to keep their position I'll match my own level of gameplay with their level and I might very well push that guy off intentionally or wreck him. Why should I play respectfully against disrespecful players? There is certain fun in wrecking too, so, even if we all seek clean racing in this game. If you don't wanna get punched in the face, maybe you shouldn't punch other people in their faces. Punishments are not the way, rewarding good behaviour is.

For public online I believe the only reasonable way is to continue to play fair and hope for others to follow (and many will). Friend those that are cool people and play with them.

Far more eloquent than my ham fistted attempt. I agree 100%

bc525
10-06-2015, 15:20
In general I'd prefer if online races had damage turned to "visual only", especially in random lobbies where we don't all know each other and how close we can race with each other. When the damage is turned on and someone crashes (and ruins their car) I really don't have a problem with them quitting out of the race. That's not a big deal.

Players quitting not because of car damage but just because they can't win or are embarrassed to finish in last place is frustrating and annoying. I've had several races that the starting grid has 10 or 12 cars, and by about 2 laps into the race there's only about 4 or 5 of us left. It really takes alot of the fun out of it.

Racing isn't only about winning (although winning is cool), it's about the competition. Some of the most enjoyable races I've had were intense battles for 4th or 5th place. Didn't matter if we were mid-pack, it was still a blast.

And trust me I've finished in last place plenty of times in online racing. It just motivated me to get better.

JeyD02
10-06-2015, 15:46
Quiting for reasonable events are ofc fine. But as mentioned, people leaving for stupid normal events like first turn he missed the breaks and he go in and crashed to another person because he wasn't aware but then got back to track and still having chance to win then he quits. EVEN in lap 1 people quit for their own mistake. Tell me how in their world they expect themselves to win if they don't even try. There is no excuse. Period.

Accidents happens, and also you can get caught up with it. But I honestly tell you that 50 percent of open lobbies races I have done I have gotten in accidents and always(most most of time) i end up in podium with hope and will. And that's when it gets fun. Getting back places. Ppl tend to forget that if you are last there is no chance. But not I will guarantee there will be always be conflicts for people in front of you. And you'll have your chances but by staying in race and being optimistic you'll learn how to discern and take chances. You'll also learn how to avoid casualty.

There are many other options. Playing in leagues, with friends, organized etc.

SpeedFreakDTM
12-06-2015, 00:45
Searched random.......not enough time to qualify, so I sit in the pit garage and wait for the race happy to start at the back. Race starts, and my car isnt switched on. I quit.

It may help to keep some people in the lobby by enabling auto start engines.....I mean, come on, its a game. Im using a controller, I dont have a spare button to start the car with.

Auto start [NO] - LOL

stux
12-06-2015, 01:26

When I first played mp in pcars I did this. Didn't realize what was happening. The menu screen is confusing and your only unlocked option is 'exit'.

Turns out someone was stuck on his roof and we had to wait the full five minutes for him to time out...

stux
12-06-2015, 01:29
Anywho, I agree, I think the simplest and cleanest solution would simply be to replace the driver who storms out of their car with an ai driver... Just like swapping to an ai driver in the pits...

Don't let them rank though.

LCJ
12-06-2015, 03:51
Anywho, I agree, I think the simplest and cleanest solution would simply be to replace the driver who storms out of their car with an ai driver... Just like swapping to an ai driver in the pits...

Don't let them rank though.
Interesting idea, maby the AI can continue with the same speed the player had in qualifying?

EvoM3
12-06-2015, 04:20
This behaviour has been driving mad. 15 player race, only 6 finish. It may have been suggested earlier in the thread but an XP reward system for finishing is good, so it builds up your rank... or a DNF% ratio. If you DNF lots you have a high DNF ratio..

xautos
12-06-2015, 11:20
i never quit from a race no matter how bad it is, because there is always the chance everyone can run off and i can win xD never know. back in the 90's the 96' monaco gp was one of those races were less than a handful of drivers finished the race because of the conditions. ordinarily the ligier and panis were never that great, but the one that happened is that all the others decided to crash and whatnot and it left panis winning the race in that ligier, race of attrition, and why not, if your opponents dont want a podium spot, i will take it xD

creepyd
13-06-2015, 12:38
I don't usually quit, but when I got a stop-go penalty because my car was placed on the rid wrong, then immediately had my rear taken out while driving straight that was a time I did.
My car was badly damaged in the process too so it was pointless continuing.

I don't think it's so bad when people who are effectively out of the race quit, especially when your car is damaged.
Public races just aren't long enough to make a difference - 1 bad crash and you're out, simple as that.

Willbert07
13-06-2015, 18:26

That'd be good as long as the AI doesn't cut corners! ;)

I have 75 races under my belt, 1 DNF. Even that one was because I was rammed off the track so hard at Road America that I was unable to continue a 10 lap race ( the room had full damage on).

I hate it when you start a full field race, yet 2 laps in it's down to 5 people, even in races with visual damage only. There's not much you can do unless they implement a reward system for completing the race.

gpk99
13-06-2015, 19:31
The last 2 online races the car in front of me didn't move an inch. Geez I hate that but shiot happens and got plowed in the rear by the guy behind me. Race over and went 10 yards.....sigh or got STUCK in the Armco...wtf is up with that?

xautos
13-06-2015, 19:57
had ended up in lag red pancakes off the startline a number of times, at times damage was so bad the cars suspension and toe is completely shot, even then just going around the track at a fairly speedy pace for as controllable as you can get, and the pitstops. none of that will stop me, i will keep going. on occasion the damage was so extreme that a tyre came off, depending where on the car the tire fell off and what axle drives the car, its possible to make it home and keep going.

i only have 2 dnf, first was not my issue, the room host had a bugged race start that in effect meant all the drivers were meant to get that dnf. the 2nd one was also not my concern, another driver a backmarker on the last lap on becelona track, he just decided to tap me and spin me right into the wall half a lap from home, spent the rest of the lap at 25 with such a badly damaged car, at the time 1st had just finished, by the time it too me to get within 3 boxes of the finish line i had ran out of time so got dnf'ed. i dont want any dnfs if it can be helped...

veloce
13-06-2015, 22:56
Had a race last night with 16 starters. 2/3 into the race there was 7 still running, the others were upside down along the track. Is the car still in the race if they quit or did all these people just stayed and watched the race from their upside down positions?

Herege
14-06-2015, 05:17
Reward the people that stay in race, by points? a special trophy? People that bail out the race usually are frustrated people that dont like finish at last, and do not play for fun, or just play. And this happens many times, well, 99% of the races. This people are those who give up playing very quickly and send the game for the shelf, they buy the game for nothing.

tulrich
14-06-2015, 08:20
from the last places, the last place is actually the best - you have nobody behind you and its much easier to get a position from there. i have never started from last in PC but i always do in F1 2014 on purpose :P

shaider_516
14-06-2015, 18:58
Implement where all with specified driver profile can only join so rammers and rage quitters can not join the lobby.

Swagger18
15-06-2015, 00:45
Can't tell if this is for real? Stop quitting? Most people quit because of the fucking cheats, ramming you, block the track, driving the wrong way. Stop the cheats, ban the cheats then people won't quit. Dipshit

AdM1
15-06-2015, 02:34
There needs to be some sort of reward system for finishing the race, it won't fully resolve it but it'll make a huge difference imo.

Not sure what sort of reward system they could add though. Just a simple level up would probably suffice.

joker
15-06-2015, 03:38
Mimic iRacing. Give points for those who finish and drive clean, and take points for DNF due to quitting. Make servers which run from X points onwards only - for serious racers - and leave some servers open for the remaining kids or newcomers that need to get points enough to race on serious servers.

phildl72
15-06-2015, 17:00
Great suggestion!

vJoeyz
15-06-2015, 18:35
Or introduce a system similar to CS:GO's competitive cooldown; leaving mid-race results in being unable to play multiplayer for x amount of time, doing it more often results in increasingly longer cooldowns.

Nomad06
16-06-2015, 04:42
Not sure about a "punishment" for quitting...but would agree to a reward for finishing. ..the behavior reminds of of BF3 and K/D's where the wbere players would all quit just before the game ended as not of effect their kd....if you were doing good...and when everyone quit...it would restart as there was not enough players and you would get screwed out of your points stats etc

Not to mention everyone jumping in a out of a race. ..screen glitches. ..and its always when you're about to or in a turn on a good qualify run...

bc525
16-06-2015, 04:53
Yes, I'd be in favor of rewarding players for finishing rather than punishing players for quitting.

AdM1
16-06-2015, 04:58
Besides a reward system can only be good no? They usually pull me in even more.

Glenn_Quagmire
16-06-2015, 19:07

After reading your post i have to agree with it. But then there is a solution to the solution to fix the main problem. There can be races that have the punishment in place. i got overzealous on the one day off thing. But there should be a set up for casual players. and players that are hardcore. Casual there is no punishment. Hardcore there is. SOmething has to be done. it's no fun starting a race and end up in 2nd cause there is only you and 1st place. Ugg. Giggity Goo.

AB_Attack
19-06-2015, 01:49
But there should be a set up for casual players. and players that are hardcore. Casual there is no punishment. Hardcore there is.
That's a good idea!

Iwanchek
20-06-2015, 08:40
quitting is good, specially when you drive 30min quali, make an great setup for the race, got 2nd place, catch amazing start, got to first, and after 3sec´s 3-4 cars passed me with 10-20kmph more then i was driving, it was insane...chicane comes (Monza, the first one), braking around 110/100m, on braking catch 2nd, and of course, an idiot hits me, i went of the rack, got DQ..!!

This game is like Battlefield 4 on release day.... I can´t belive for what did i spent 70e..for what????

facepalm level over 9000

JeyD02
21-06-2015, 14:28
quitting is good, specially when you drive 30min quali, make an great setup for the race, got 2nd place, catch amazing start, got to first, and after 3sec´s 3-4 cars passed me with 10-20kmph more then i was driving, it was insane...chicane comes (Monza, the first one), braking around 110/100m, on braking catch 2nd, and of course, an idiot hits me, i went of the rack, got DQ..!!

This game is like Battlefield 4 on release day.... I can´t belive for what did i spent 70e..for what????

facepalm level over 9000

Even if you are caught on, there is no reason to quit and not even try to catch on. Going by that premises everyone who mess up or its screwed by other don't even bother trying and they end up quiting one by one.

Just keep at it, and if you learn to avoid first turns then you'll be fine. If you front take a Kate beak as possible if you middle let everyone go first. I know it still don't have a good penalty system by its not the game fault, it's mostly the players.

DragonSyr
22-06-2015, 08:40
this was happened yesterday,

i joined in a lobby with 10+ racers.
the lag was terrible.
suddenly and without having contact with anyone, someone asked to ban me (chat) .
immediately I asked why, but got no answer.
I consider it appropriate to do a quit.
So this is one of many reasons to quit.

Eric Bergeret
22-06-2015, 08:54

facepalm level over 9000 you can't blame the game for human stupidity :), but yeah i unterstand the feeling.
20 lap at spa qualif 2nd , get hit on first corner back to 12/16 posittion "22 cars" pit stop after lap 1 to fix the damage, no im not gonna quit, get back on track and finish 3rd. "15 cars left"
you want to enjoy your game!
avoid track like monza , dubai or lemans whit public lobby."always someone to cut"
nordsheilfe or bathurst required some skill to survive.

and no, quiting is never good, i don't think a real professional driver just quit after a problem.

MartinMWWebb
22-06-2015, 11:36
Though i'm only casual and play an hour or so at a time, the penalty thing sounds like a good idea for all - maybe even as a lobby option?
Every race I've done online I've stayed until the end last place or not. for me i treat it as a good opportunity to learn the courses/cars if anything else and get to have some fun at the same time rather than just solo or with AI

Failing that the dropped players cars become AI would be easier to keep the numbers up without any infractions in a 'casual' game.

xautos
22-06-2015, 20:48
so, 1 race ran across within 3, within a few hours of each other, i picked up 3 wins in these cases.

the 1st was a roling start, jumped 1st into the last corner to start the race around azure in a classic merc, had ford sierra breathing down by neck for a few laps, anyway after that won it by some margin of 35 seconds. didnt quit :P.

the 2nd was around oscherslaben (not sure on the name) in the 12c and for some reason i am mighty quick around that track even though i dont like it anyway won that.

the last one was around belgium earlier in the 12c , now the important thing here is that on the last lap i was in 2nd place, 1st was running away of over 7 seconds, coming out of a long sweeping downhill left hander, the driver ahead must of relaxed and planted it in a wall, by the time he came back on the track i just passed him and went on to win the race by 1 second. why? i didnt quit :P

Ingo_Schwartz
23-06-2015, 21:22
I try never to quit during a race, even as I'm in last place I still go on!

However sometimes the game shuts down on me so there's no other possibility than to quit, also if I crash out I quit because there is no option to go to pits for repairs.
Unless I'm racing guys I like racing with and know they will stay for another race I'll wait it out :)

PatchySan
24-06-2015, 16:15
Maybe have an online levelling up system depending on how well you perform in each online race. While I was racing down the Mulsanne Straights I thought of the following points system:

[Race & Qualification]
1st - 9th: (10,9,8... to 2 pts)
10th+: 1pt

Fastest Lap: 5pts
Clean Pass: 1pt
Clean Lap: 2pts
Causing Collision: -1pt (increases or maybe doubles in penalty for each subsequent collision if persistent)
Went off limits (taken shortcut): -5pts (again, increases or doubles in penalty if persistent)
Quit Race While In Game: -15pts
Complete Qualifying: 5pts
Complete Race (within time limit): 5pts

So for example say we had a 3 lap online race and it went like this:

Complete qualifying: +5 pts
Qualified 5th: +5pts
[RACE STARTS]
Clean pass: +1pt
Complete a clean lap (1/3): +2 pts
Caused a collision: -1pts
Caused a collision: -2pts
Went off limits (taken shortcut): -5pts (can increase or maybe doubles in penalty for each subsequent penalty if persistent)
[RACE ENDS]
Complete a clean lap (3/3): +2 pts
Performed fastest lap: +5pts
Finished 3rd: + 8pts
Completed Online Race: +5 pts

Total Online XP pts: 29 pts

So even if you don't win there's still an incentive to finish and behave well and be rewarded for it. And for those that casually quit frequently ingame they can incur big fixed penalties from their XP (maybe also lose any XP they gained in that race as well). The XP points can be used as a barrier to entry for pro lobbies (e.g. minimum XP 250 to join for example) so if they really want to join those leagues they really need to finish and behave well!