PDA

View Full Version : [NOT BUG] Bug in replay mode, motec LCD not working.

townnet
24-05-2015, 10:41
Start from 3:20, you can notice that the gear, water temp, oil temp etc info not working. (All platform)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGq98DkgcJ8

Umer Ahmad
24-05-2015, 10:42
The full physics code is not loaded for replays so you do not get these data in replays.

townnet
24-05-2015, 10:49
So you guys no plan to make it works?

dyr_gl
24-05-2015, 10:50
What about the wrong steering ratios? I have replays of Formula A where the driver is driving a 900 steering and replays of GT cars where the driver is driving a Formula A steering. Looks TERRIBLE.

Umer Ahmad
24-05-2015, 10:53
No, not at this time. It would become expensive in terms of computation to run all the physics during replays.

Would we do it only for player car or all cars? If you say "player car only" then immediately someone will complain "bug! No physics in replay for all cars."

townnet
24-05-2015, 10:57
No, not at this time. It would become expensive in terms of computation to run all the physics during replays.

Would we do it only for player car or all cars? If you say "player car only" then immediately someone will complain "bug! No physics in replay for all cars."

Lol, AI car no cockpit view, so they won't notice.You also can't switching to other car in replay mode... I wondering which part of physics are missing in replay mode for this moment?

Umer Ahmad
24-05-2015, 11:00
I was thinking multiPlayer replays. All humans.

Missing now is tyre physics because that is why we do not hear tyres scrub/squel in replays. I think only the engine RPM is needed to load to produce engine/transmission sound for replays.

townnet
24-05-2015, 11:18
I was thinking multiPlayer replays. All humans.

Missing now is tyre physics because that is why we do not hear tyres scrub/squel in replays. I think only the engine RPM is needed to load to produce engine/transmission sound for replays.

If missing tyre physics, why my simevibe still have bump effect in replay mode? I also like to know is possible add "Front Suspension" and "Rear Suspension" effect for simvibe in the future? Because i feel they are much much better immersion than Bump Effect imo. If you had play RF2 with simvibe you will know what i mean.

Umer Ahmad
24-05-2015, 11:22
Dont know exactly about this.

What i can say is that the more data added to replays, the larger replay files will become. And already we see some systems like XB1 (in some cases) have performance problem when so much disk I/O is required. So i think this is why they prefer to have less data in the replay files. (I am assuming already they use compression and other standard programming techniques to optimize I/O activity)

townnet
24-05-2015, 11:41
Dont know exactly about this.

What i can say is that the more data added to replays, the larger replay files will become. And already we see some systems like XB1 (in some cases) have performance problem when so much disk I/O is required. So i think this is why they prefer to have less data in the replay files. (I am assuming already they use compression and other standard programming techniques to optimize I/O activity)
Is pretty sad PC user have to compromise because limit of the console.

Umer Ahmad
24-05-2015, 12:00
It could be an engine limitation across all platforms since this is how we had replays from the behinning of the project, much befofe any console work. I just use the xb1 as one example why they would like to keep small replay files. Probably other reasons also that i do not know.

townnet
24-05-2015, 12:12
Anyway, thanks for the reply. :)

Mahjik
24-05-2015, 12:33
FWIW, one of the physics devs commented that there would be a second look to see what could be exported (that currently isn't) for replays that wouldn't require a complete re-design of the system. If more can be done, they will do it. It likely won't be looked at until the more serious issues are resolved but there was acknowledgement of taking a look.

sagedavid
01-06-2015, 21:08
I'm discovering that the MOTEC won't work on replay, while I'm working on a video series "for newbies" based on it in an important part... I'm really disappointed... How stupid I was not to know that after all this years :(

sagedavid
07-06-2015, 09:42
Just tried this video for a new series, but, unfortunatly, I can't do it with some good racers replays, as there's no telemetry in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DchQlWRy2mw

townnet
07-06-2015, 10:49
Just tried this video for a new series, but, unfortunatly, I can't do it with some good racers replays, as there's no telemetry in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DchQlWRy2mwHey , how you do that helicopter view?

BF Bullpup
26-06-2015, 03:39
Thank you for the informative thread. I did not know that MOTEC, etc. data were continuously calculated in replays rather than "camera-recorded." If the programmers can find a way to make it work in a future patch, OR create a new replay engine for Project CARS 2, that would be awesome and informative.