PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Xbox Dashboard preview?!

Bryer
24-05-2015, 10:41
My console updated on Saturday morning to a new preview build of the dashboard, this build seems to be super responsive and has reduced a LOT of the issues that have been happening with Project CARS (sound glitches and stuttering when the audio glitches kick in).

Just wondering if any other users in the preview program have found the same results.

Load times are a lot faster too.

Mowzer
24-05-2015, 10:44
Hmmmm no mine has not updated :-/ dose the XBONE just update it's self like the 360 used to or do you have to do it manually?

Bryer
24-05-2015, 10:47
Hmmmm no mine has not updated :-/ dose the XBONE just update it's self like the 360 used to or do you have to do it manually?

Depends on how you have your power management set up. You also have to be registered in the Xbox Preview program (if you aren't and opt in, it does a factory reset). If you want to download the update and haven't got it automatically, go to Settings > System > Update console.

Mowzer
24-05-2015, 13:34
Oh cool thanks for the info mate I will go check that out later :).

Nelly D Racer
24-05-2015, 16:03
It's not a major update, just tweaks to party chat :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One_system_software

Dazza
24-05-2015, 16:30
My console updated on Saturday morning to a new preview build of the dashboard, this build seems to be super responsive and has reduced a LOT of the issues that have been happening with Project CARS (sound glitches and stuttering when the audio glitches kick in).

Just wondering if any other users in the preview program have found the same results.

Load times are a lot faster too.

Think you are onto something here. I believe the sound glitch is a Microsoft issue as I was having the same issues in the witcher 3. My system updated last night and since then it hasnt happen in the witcher. Have not tested pcars yet though.

I noticed since the system update though I'm getting stuck on the start screen now.

Bryer
24-05-2015, 16:56
It's not a major update, just tweaks to party chat :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One_system_software

That's the only thing that MS state is adding. They don't mention tweaks and changes to the core system. Only features added.

Oi Oi JC
24-05-2015, 17:56
I'm in the preview but haven't used my xbone while waiting for the controller patch, will fire it up later thanks for the heads up.

Oi Oi JC
24-05-2015, 17:59
Controller issues aside one big difference I have noticed between Pcars on xbone & PS4 Is the the load/save times, on PS4 they are much, much faster!

Is this just because the PS4 is technically a little better or can it be fixed with a patch?

jdasenbrock
24-05-2015, 18:21
My console is in the preview and updated with the latest preview build. I spent a fair amount of time in both Project Cars and The Witcher yesterday and, sadly, still seeing the sound glitch in both games.

Nelly D Racer
24-05-2015, 18:23
I play on both and haven't really noticed much difference in loading times. But then again I'm using an external drive on the X1.

z3r0cool77
24-05-2015, 21:11
I'm in preview program as well and after installing todays update I haven't noticed any changes with the occasional sound distortions.

Dazza
24-05-2015, 23:26
I'm in preview program as well and after installing todays update I haven't noticed any changes with the occasional sound distortions.

pitty, doesn't change the fact 2 new games both have the sound glitch and please wait glitch. maybe Microsoft changed some code and didnt tell anyone.

jdasenbrock
25-05-2015, 02:50
It's possible that both developers used the same methods and it resulted in the same behavior. The two problems do seem to be very similar. These are the only two games I've ever encountered this type of sound issue with. Is the sound glitch only happening with dashboard preview testers?