PDA

View Full Version : Caterham classic : oversteer under braking

danowat
24-05-2015, 11:04
I understand that some of this is probably inherent chassis behavior, but I'd still like to try and tune some of it out, because although you can drive round most if it, it can still be a bit unpredictable and will rip your arms off and spit you at the scenery, which makes it tough to get into a rhythm and be consistent.

I don't think it's brake setup, I think it's more a weight transfer issue, but it doesn't seem to respond to the usual adjustments.

Anyone got any setup tips to try and tame it a bit?

onimoD
24-05-2015, 11:15
Have you tried playing with the tyre pressures?

danowat
24-05-2015, 11:19
Yeah, still a bit aggressive.

fitzsteve
24-05-2015, 11:20
Try not to steer in the braking points and apply the brakes gradually. There's probably some tuning setup that might help you but I didn't have this issue at all with standard setup :)

danowat
24-05-2015, 11:27
Try not to steer in the braking points and apply the brakes gradually. There's probably some tuning setup that might help you but I didn't have this issue at all with standard setup :)

Yeah, I know that, but it's still a bit to unpredictable and would like to try and calm it a bit.

Srt8 300c
24-05-2015, 11:32
If you are able to increase brake mapping, that should reduce your oversteer.
Remeber if you increase weight balance to the rear it will make the front end feel light and turn in less responsive, so adjust in small increments.
Off the top of my head id slighty soften the rear springs, slightly increase rear height in relation to the front. Turn the rear bump and rebound down a notch.
Hope you can find a solution soon.