PDA

View Full Version : Mode: Quick Race Weekend AI no pit stops over the entire race! PC version

Jubei2011
24-05-2015, 12:37
Hello mates,

first of all I want to congratulate and thank Slightly Mad Studios for this fantastic game! Graphics , physics are just awesome. I am playing the PC version using the T300 Force Feedback feels great.

Now to some very annoying game breaking bug and I hope the devs will look into this and fix it as soon as possible. Right now, the Quick Race Weekend mode is broken and usless. Scenario, I was going for a race picking the Audi R8LMS Ultra GT3, opponents 25 same class, race track Monza 34 rounds. AI is on 80, all settings are on simulation Tire usage:real, Fuel usage:real etc. all driving assistance are disabled. I figured before the race starts I can manually pick different tires or just keep it on automatic so I get the best tire sets for different weather circumstances. More fuel on the car was not possible 60 Litre was the limit! So i was driving till Lap 15 getting the message to get into the Pit for refueling. I was in 6 th position right in the leading field. I saw that the AI didn't get into the Pit so I skipped it as well. In round 17 I had to go into the Pit for refueling.

Reaching Lap 25 the AI in front of me still driving round after round not making any intentions for a Pit stop. I also checked all the time the mini map observing the field, nope no Pit stops there, they just keep driving and driving! In the last laps I switched to simulation mode and observed the leading car. He hasn't done any pit stops in the entire race.

Did any of you guys out there experiencing the same issues? I love the Quick race Weekend, but as it stands now it is a waste of time complete useless! I hope the devs will read this and fix it! Great game no doubt, but some serious bugs are game breaking. Guys you need to iron out this stuff, pronto :) I am planning to play this game for the coming years.

greetz

Jubei

Roger Prynne
24-05-2015, 12:41
I wouldn't call that game breaking though....... have you read this....

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-GOOD-INFO-INSIDE!-tyre-wear&p=936029&viewfull=1#post936029

Please read posts below this as well.

Jubei2011
24-05-2015, 12:45
Did you actually read my post? :) If this is not game breaking then what is it? Please some serious feedback not some illogical nonsense. Thank you!

ahhyeaa
24-05-2015, 13:36
I have been messing around in race weekend trying to find a workaround to get the AI to pit. I have found 2 things that will make the AI pit.

1-If you start a race in the rain then have it switch to clear, some of the AI, not all, will pit to change tires.

2-If you run a race long enough where the AI will run out of fuel they ALL will pit to re-fuel.

I'm not sure what happened in your situation OP. I did a 30 lap race at Brands Hatch GP(2.4 miles long) with the race Cilo(holds 41 liters or 11 gals of fuel) and they had to pit, including myself around lap 25. This is the only car and track combo I tested trying to get the AI to run out of gas. I will try other combinations and see what happens.

LCJ
24-05-2015, 14:58
Hello mates,

first of all I want to congratulate and thank Slightly Mad Studios for this fantastic game! Graphics , physics are just awesome. I am playing the PC version using the T300 Force Feedback feels great.

Now to some very annoying game breaking bug and I hope the devs will look into this and fix it as soon as possible. Right now, the Quick Race Weekend mode is broken and usless. Scenario, I was going for a race picking the Audi R8LMS Ultra GT3, opponents 25 same class, race track Monza 34 rounds. AI is on 80, all settings are on simulation Tire usage:real, Fuel usage:real etc. all driving assistance are disabled. I figured before the race starts I can manually pick different tires or just keep it on automatic so I get the best tire sets for different weather circumstances. More fuel on the car was not possible 60 Litre was the limit! So i was driving till Lap 15 getting the message to get into the Pit for refueling. I was in 6 th position right in the leading field. I saw that the AI didn't get into the Pit so I skipped it as well. In round 17 I had to go into the Pit for refueling.

Reaching Lap 25 the AI in front of me still driving round after round not making any intentions for a Pit stop. I also checked all the time the mini map observing the field, nope no Pit stops there, they just keep driving and driving! In the last laps I switched to simulation mode and observed the leading car. He hasn't done any pit stops in the entire race.

Did any of you guys out there experiencing the same issues? I love the Quick race Weekend, but as it stands now it is a waste of time complete useless! I hope the devs will read this and fix it! Great game no doubt, but some serious bugs are game breaking. Guys you need to iron out this stuff, pronto :) I am planning to play this game for the coming years.

greetz

Jubei
The exact same have also happend to me! I was also driving around the rest of the race watching the AI if they would pit for fuel but they did't. :(

ELAhrairah
24-05-2015, 15:18
quick race weekend is bad. if you drive lmp1 and choose mixed classes gt cars do not include..lmp1 and 2 are wec and so are gt teams so how come devs overlooked this?

Come on guys so much advertising with the best wec simulation and 24hr of le mans...and for the Einsteins replying with "in career mode GT does appear" i already know that fact. We are talking about quick race weekends and not the CAREER MODE

Jubei2011
24-05-2015, 15:40
quick race weekend is a mess. if you drive lmp1 and choose mixed classes gt cars do not include..lmp1 and 2 are wec and so are gt teams so how come devs overlooked this?

Come on guys so much advertising with the best wec simulation and 24hr of le mans...and for the Einsteins replying with "in career mode GT does appear" i already know that fact. We are talking about quick race weekends and not the CAREER MODE

Oh man I feel with you mate!

Jubei2011
24-05-2015, 15:44
The exact same have also happend to me! I was also driving around the rest of the race watching the AI if they would pit for fuel but they did't. :(

Let's hope they fix it mate. I think i need to test the Online time trials now and the Multiplayer. I see Quick Race Weekend as some kind of training to improve to be ready for Online races

Jubei2011
24-05-2015, 15:49
I have been messing around in race weekend trying to find a workaround to get the AI to pit. I have found 2 things that will make the AI pit.

1-If you start a race in the rain then have it switch to clear, some of the AI, not all, will pit to change tires.

2-If you run a race long enough where the AI will run out of fuel they ALL will pit to re-fuel.

I'm not sure what happened in your situation OP. I did a 30 lap race at Brands Hatch GP(2.4 miles long) with the race Cilo(holds 41 liters or 11 gals of fuel) and they had to pit, including myself around lap 25. This is the only car and track combo I tested trying to get the AI to run out of gas. I will try other combinations and see what happens.

Nice trick mate :) But honestly I just want a fair race not wanna use some tricks to force them to pit. Try 34 laps in Monza or Bathurst use a GT3 car and tell me what happened. Great pity I really like this mode and right now it is messed up. I hope they will fix this soon.

TheIronWolf
24-05-2015, 16:24
Hello mates,

greetz

Jubei
There are probably some bugs here. I race in very similar way you do, and I can report that AI did stop for refueling (Spa, Hockenheim). I am not sure if all of them did, but I definitely saw some. I agree this is an issue, but all games have either bugs or lacking features. We can hope this will be fixed.

Side note: something strange happened in last GT3 full race at Spa. I was 10th at last lap, but finished 14th even though no one passed me :) Oh, the joys of just released software :)

TheIronWolf
24-05-2015, 16:27

Does anyone know how much fuel AI starts with? My observation: default 60. But, maybe not all of them?

ahhyeaa
24-05-2015, 18:14
Does anyone know how much fuel AI starts with? My observation: default 60. But, maybe not all of them?

I'm not sure...I'm betting it depends on the length of race and AI. A lot of the cars in the car set-up, like the GT3 cars default to 60 liters, but they can hold up to like a 120 liters.

Most of the road cars don't hold nearly as much gas as the race cars. The open wheel Ariel Atom cars(all 3) hold very little fuel and the Formula Gulf holds only 30 liters which is the least amount of any car in the game. The race Cilo holds 42 liters.

If you want to look for yourself. Just go to My Garage/Select a car/ car set-up/then use the left arrow on setup options and it will take you to fuel capacity. it will have a default value for races and qualifying. If there is room to the right on the slider you can move it over to see the max fuel load.

So, if you want to have races where they have to pit to re-fuel use the suggestions above. As far as race cars go I guess it will be trial and error. I guess you could test a race car on a track and figure the miles per gallon. Then set-up a race that goes beyond their max fuel load and see if they use the default setting or if they use a max load of fuel.

It will be soooo much easier when they get AI tire wear working.:)

Doug914
25-05-2015, 02:50
Hello mates,

greetz

Jubei

This is a confusing one. It all works as inteneded here. Setting it up as you posted. First the Audi Ultra allows me to set my fuel to 120l (all gt3 cars are the same) which is good for about 28-30 laps. Secondly the AI chooses differing strategy's. Most between 50l and 90l for a one stop strategy. One chose 120l. Anyways they are not all the smae. AI start pitting around lap 17. All come in eventually. Sorry I don't have an answer why your game is doing this.

Note: Ai tire wear is working, just not the performance degradation from it. But the tires will go a bit longer than the fuel load, so they usually won't stop just for that. They will wait for the fuel stop to change.

Gordon
25-05-2015, 04:07
I just tried this out in game, set quick race for same car, circuit, laps,etc. went to setup which showed default fuel at 60 litres, and was able to adjust to 120 then save setup. It does seem odd that you are having a different experience Jubei. :confused:

Jubei2011
25-05-2015, 05:57

in GT3 60 Litres. Made another test with the Mercedes GT3 he got in pit in Lap 27 lol. With 60 Litres on board i am force to get in Lap 17. So how can he drive without going in the Pit till Lap 27? As i said i saw some going into the pit from the mid field, but it seems the system does this randomly so it looks okay.

Jubei2011
25-05-2015, 06:03
I just tried this out in game, set quick race for same car, circuit, laps,etc. went to setup which showed default fuel at 60 litres, and was able to adjust to 120 then save setup. It does seem odd that you are having a different experience Jubei. :confused:

Where exactly did you ajust the fuel? Before the race and Qualifing you cannot do it. Also under car setup there is no option to get more fuel

Jubei2011
25-05-2015, 06:09
This is a confusing one. It all works as inteneded here. Setting it up as you posted. First the Audi Ultra allows me to set my fuel to 120l (all gt3 cars are the same) which is good for about 28-30 laps. Secondly the AI chooses differing strategy's. Most between 50l and 90l for a one stop strategy. One chose 120l. Anyways they are not all the smae. AI start pitting around lap 17. All come in eventually. Sorry I don't have an answer why your game is doing this.

Note: Ai tire wear is working, just not the performance degradation from it. But the tires will go a bit longer than the fuel load, so they usually won't stop just for that. They will wait for the fuel stop to change.

Okay mate where exactly can you adjust the fuel? I cannot find anything before the race starts. I can make a pit strategy , but can only be used in the game. So if you really know how it works please enlighten us! Thank you for the feedback :)

Jubei2011
25-05-2015, 06:16
I'm not sure...I'm betting it depends on the length of race and AI. A lot of the cars in the car set-up, like the GT3 cars default to 60 liters, but they can hold up to like a 120 liters.

Most of the road cars don't hold nearly as much gas as the race cars. The open wheel Ariel Atom cars(all 3) hold very little fuel and the Formula Gulf holds only 30 liters which is the least amount of any car in the game. The race Cilo holds 42 liters.

If you want to look for yourself. Just go to My Garage/Select a car/ car set-up/then use the left arrow on setup options and it will take you to fuel capacity. it will have a default value for races and qualifying. If there is room to the right on the slider you can move it over to see the max fuel load.

So, if you want to have races where they have to pit to re-fuel use the suggestions above. As far as race cars go I guess it will be trial and error. I guess you could test a race car on a track and figure the miles per gallon. Then set-up a race that goes beyond their max fuel load and see if they use the default setting or if they use a max load of fuel.

It will be soooo much easier when they get AI tire wear working.:)

Testing it right away mate! Quite stupid not to have that option inside the Race Weekend options. Why am I not able to adjust it there before I do my qualifing and before I start the final race? Also my tires are always already heated up(green) when I jump into the qualifing. I tested the same thing with road cars you start there with blue tires

Jubei2011
25-05-2015, 06:20
There are probably some bugs here. I race in very similar way you do, and I can report that AI did stop for refueling (Spa, Hockenheim). I am not sure if all of them did, but I definitely saw some. I agree this is an issue, but all games have either bugs or lacking features. We can hope this will be fixed.

Side note: something strange happened in last GT3 full race at Spa. I was 10th at last lap, but finished 14th even though no one passed me :) Oh, the joys of just released software :)

Hmm how many times did they delay the game? Such things should be ironed out before the final release mate. I agree there are always some bugs in releases, but it seems the AI has some issues in general

Jubei2011
25-05-2015, 06:33

Okay found it under my garage options. From there you can also save the race location in this case Monza. Gonna test it right away with 120 Litres and will tell you guys what the AI does. Many thanks to all of you for the nice feedback! Little side note I noticed in Spectator mode when you switch cars there is no info about fuel usage or how many times the AI used the Pit. Even nothing on the ranking board when the race is finished. Would be nice to see if the AI got into the Pit a little more of a statistic would be nice.

Will give you guys a feedback about my next race with the new settings

cheers

Jubei

Edit: Okay back from the race and it is working as intended concerning my last racing experience.

First of all thanks to Doug and the others for helping us out here. Doug my mate looking at your profile I assume you are one of the devs? I really appreciate that you guys talk directly to the community and help us out. That is not a common thing in the gaming industry so respect and honor to you guys.
Now let me explain how I ended up in the trap leading to my false judgement, that is really no bad excuse it just happened to me as new player. I know many of you experience players know all the settings all the corners of the game.
This is what happened to me before the qualifing and the race there is the option Edit Tuning setup. From there you get 3 tabs on the top Vehicle, Force Feedback, Summary. When you check the Vehicle tab you get on the left side Tires & breakes. So my eyes was always focusing on that tab I didn't notice that all the way on the right upper corner there are keyboard arrows where you can switch to under tabs. There you can find the fuel option adjusting the fuel to 120 for GT3 or whatever you want. This is what Doug meant that the AI can have different pit strategies.
As a new player you can walk easily into this trap leading to false gaming judgement. My solution Doug why not place the tab changing arrows next to Tires & Brakes tab? This way your eyes can easily spot that there are more options. I mean you see what happened I thought GT3 cars can only tank up to 60 Litres max and so it was confusing to me that the AI didn't pit in around Lap 17.
Doug I have one plea to the devs I have bought the normal Pc version at the local store. It seems there is an Limited Edition out there didn't know this which includes more cars. I don't need to tell you mate that i got teary eyes when i saw this :)

Ford GT40 Mk IV,BMW M1 Pro Car,McLaren F1, Sauber C9, Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Coupe DTM. Guys would you be so kind to offer those amazing cars for a fair price on steam? Seriously, I am the kind of guy who wants to drive all of the cars the game is offering. Man McLaren F1 what a a beautiful car(getting teary eyes again) guys you have to put this on the steam store this is out of the question!

Final words I love this game awesome graphics, great physics, many options for proper adjustments etc. I think GT and Forza will have a hard time to beat this game! At least when I look at the Pc version best looking Racing game out there. I always support talented people in life and you guys at Slightly Mad Studios definetly have that talent. So guys keep up the good work I am planning to play your great game for a very very long time!

greetz

Jubei

Gordon
25-05-2015, 07:28
Very pleased that you got it figured. :)

Jubei2011
25-05-2015, 08:16
Very pleased that you got it figured. :)

Thank you mate :) I just walked into a trap will explain it later how I ended up to this wrong judgement

Doug914
25-05-2015, 10:19
No problem Jubei. The game is alot to take in and some options can be missed sometimes in the beginning. Glad you got it figured out. Sorry i cant help with the extra cars. I'm only the physics and AI guy :)

Jubei2011
25-05-2015, 12:48
No problem Jubei. The game is alot to take in and some options can be missed sometimes in the beginning. Glad you got it figured out. Sorry i cant help with the extra cars. I'm only the physics and AI guy :)

Yo Doug just made another test raced Monza again 37 Laps and ended up 1rst place. AI made their pit stops. I have to say I like the AI the way it behaves very agressive driving. They also try to pass you inside the curves not always staying on the driving line like in GT or Forza. So I really think you guys made an outstanding job here. Just some tweaks here and there and the AI will be top notch. One more thing tell the other devs the option menu needs some cosmetical changes. I am not kidding for a newbie it is so easy to overlook these options. If you know where to look at then it is no big deal, but for new players this can lead to confusion and complaints.

Will open a new thread in regards to the missing cars. I think you guys really should offer a dlc pack on steam. A reasonable price 5-10 EUR it would be a win win situation for both sides :)

greetz

Jubei

Roger Prynne
25-05-2015, 12:54
I am not kidding for a newbie it is so easy to overlook these options. If you know where to look at then it is no big deal, but for new players this can lead to confusion and complaints
But is it not one of the problems that new players do not look closely enough at all the options.
I for one when I get a new game will spend a lot of time looking at all the options and click on everything I can to get acquainted with it all.

But I do get it that some will just jump straight in and wonder whats going on.

ahhyeaa
25-05-2015, 14:19

This is confusing me. Yea tire wear works, but in the races I've ran with tire wear set to x7 they refuse to pit and just end up driving on their rims till sparks are flying. Eventually 2/3 of the field is pilled up at one of the corners of the track and do not finish the race. The other 1/3 will finish 1 to 3 laps down.

Long story short, once degradation is fixed will AI pit properly when using accelerated tire wire in gameplay options?

Jubei2011
25-05-2015, 14:44
But is it not one of the problems that new players do not look closely enough at all the options.
I for one when I get a new game will spend a lot of time looking at all the options and click on everything I can to get acquainted with it all.

But I do get it that some will just jump straight in and wonder whats going on.

Wrong assumption mate! First of all I am always digging very deep when it comes to settings. I am always checking first the main options. Configured my T300 Wheel, changed some Force Feedback settings like tire force to 115 etc. The issue within the Edit Tuning setup lies in the layout you start in the first tab Vehicle ---> Tires and Brakes and I am always using my arrow keys to change settings up and down, left and right. So basically i did not change the Tires and Brakes tab, but was changing the Tire Compound. At this point i did not even notice or check whether there are other tabs or not. The tab changer is kind of hidden on the right upper side. I have to use the mouse to change it. Trust me for guys like yourself who are familar with the settings you may ask how the heck can anyone overlook this? Simple answer it can happen to a newbie! The layout is not perfect kind of distracting. The solution would be when you enter the Edit Tuning setup you will switch the tab with your left and right arrow keys and up and down to get into the categories to change the settings. Pc users always use the keyboard for swift option changes. It is really just a point of view for someone who knows all these options this might be no big deal, for a fresh man it can be overlooked very easily. Using the mouse to change the tabs is not a good solution. You see there is a tiny flaw in the layout. I hope the devs will fix this somehow for newcomers. I am not the only one who missed these options so I really think the devs should look into this.

Roger Prynne
25-05-2015, 15:27
Yeah got to admit that the menus are a bit confusing, and yes I am used to it myself after 4 years, but putting myself in a new players shoes I can understand why they might miss some things.

Jubei2011
25-05-2015, 15:34
Yeah got to admit that the menus are a bit confusing, and yes I am used to it myself after 4 years, but putting myself in a new players shoes I can understand why they might miss some things.

Yes mate sometimes we sit right in front of the Pc and cannot see it :) I am surprised by myself that I missed these options lol ;-) But again when you enter the Tuning setup the solution would be left and right arrows will change the Vehicle tabs and up and down to go to the setings. The main tabs can be changed with the mouse Vehicle,Force Feedback and Summary.