PDA

View Full Version : Formula One 2015 Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

DBG
23-05-2015, 20:54
Question is in the title guys! :)

Bryer
24-05-2015, 13:45
Yet again Grosjean brake checks someone and causes a major accident. When will the FIA ban him for this practice?

Thomas Sikora
24-05-2015, 13:55
he believe to drive P-Cars Multiplayer....

Rob Prange
24-05-2015, 15:35
Main thread for all discussion related to the current F1 season!

Machinist90
24-05-2015, 15:37
gotta admit Verstappen was a bit eager there

IommiRULES
24-05-2015, 16:12
Wow Hamiltons team should be fired....but cool with me I had Rosberg anyway...Hamilton was-430 odds, that's crazy.

Faves in Oval racing are usually 5-1(+500). Now for the main event Indy 500, I got Will Power 6-1. Charlotte 600 tonite.

MysterG
24-05-2015, 16:13
Moved to Off Topic Discussion ;)

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 16:16
Poor race today spiced up by a laughably bad strategy call from Mercedes. Vertsappen did look pretty good for the most part, I don't think he expected Grosjean to brake that early but Grosjean kind of had to due you the age of his tyres. Rosberg was a class act and accepted that while he was happy he was also very lucky and. Lewis deserved the win.

Irishnewblood
24-05-2015, 16:16
Was delighted it happened to be honest. I find Hamilton very very childish. Race was good.....delighted Button finally!!! got into the points,Mclaren need to get it together and what the hell is up with Kimi,hoping he can turn it around in the next round after this much talked about upgrade for Ferrari.

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 16:18
Button was my driver of the day, great to finally get some points on the board! Laughably bad decision from Mercedes to pit Hamilton though.

Irishnewblood
24-05-2015, 16:21
Button was my driver of the day, great to finally get some points on the board! Laughably bad decision from Mercedes to pit Hamilton though.

Terrible decision man, have no idea what they where thinking about but am happy that they did lol nobody was catching him today.

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 16:25
Terrible decision man, have no idea what they where thinking about but am happy that they did lol nobody was catching him today.

No he had it under control, wouldn't have been so bad if they pitted both Mercedes drivers or Ferrari were in the pit lane but they weren't, it's just a bizarre decision to make when it was unneeded for the most part (unless Ferrari were planning to pit which would have covered them off then it would have been the right thing to do).

Rob Prange
24-05-2015, 16:32
Merged with main F1 discussion thread.

Irishnewblood
24-05-2015, 16:39
No he had it under control, wouldn't have been so bad if they pitted both Mercedes drivers or Ferrari were in the pit lane but they weren't, it's just a bizarre decision to make when it was unneeded for the most part (unless Ferrari were planning to pit which would have covered them off then it would have been the right thing to do).

Ferrari where never gonna pit, Kimi was having a disaster(simply put) for a driver of his standard and his previous Monaco Gp's and Vettel was never gonna risk the podium. It's a really bizarre decision alright, the only thing I can think is they thought his tires were gonna go at the end but I still think he would have gotten at least 3 or 4 laps more before the cliff and at that stage Hamilton is good enough to hold them off, especially around Monaco for 2 or 3 laps. So yeaaah I expect a few more conspiracy theories to come out of this and Sky to dramatise the rift between Hamilton and Rosberg even more.....good stuff lol .

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 16:46
Ferrari where never gonna pit, Kimi was having a disaster(simply put) for a driver of his standard and his previous Monaco Gp's and Vettel was never gonna risk the podium. It's a really bizarre decision alright, the only thing I can think is they thought his tires were gonna go at the end but I still think he would have gotten at least 3 or 4 laps more before the cliff and at that stage Hamilton is good enough to hold them off, especially around Monaco for 2 or 3 laps. So yeaaah I expect a few more conspiracy theories to come out of this and Sky to dramatise the rift between Hamilton and Rosberg even more.....good stuff lol .

Sky will (as will all the media) really hype up the potential for mistrust between Hamilton/Mercedes and the title rivalry Hamilton/Rosberg, track position is king round Monaco, everyone knows that, as Rosberg and Vettel showed the soft tyres weren't degrading that much, they only struggled with initial warmup after the safety car. That's why Hamilton would have had to pass them both within the first lap back racing, once that was up there was no way Hamilton was passing Vettel once the tyres were back up to temp. Mercedes messed up big time, but they still won the race so it won't affect the constructors championship that much.

Irishnewblood
24-05-2015, 16:58
Sky will (as will all the media) really hype up the potential for mistrust between Hamilton/Mercedes and the title rivalry Hamilton/Rosberg, track position is king round Monaco, everyone knows that, as Rosberg and Vettel showed the soft tyres weren't degrading that much, they only struggled with initial warmup after the safety car. That's why Hamilton would have had to pass them both within the first lap back racing, once that was up there was no way Hamilton was passing Vettel once the tyres were back up to temp. Mercedes messed up big time, but they still won the race so it won't affect the constructors championship that much.

Mercedes won't really care I'd imagine, they only dropped 3 points in the constructors because of the mistake. I would imagine they will act like they care a lot more for all of the camera's sake but behind closed doors they will be happy with the result they got today.

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 17:06
Mercedes won't really care I'd imagine, they only dropped 3 points in the constructors because of the mistake. I would imagine they will act like they care a lot more for all of the camera's sake but behind closed doors they will be happy with the result they got today.

Exactly, 3 points is nothing under the current scoring system (especially when like Mercedes you're fighting for the win more often that not), they've apologised to Hamilton anyway. Mistakes happen, just happened that this was a rather large and (for Hamilton) unneeded mistake.

Sonny Crockett
24-05-2015, 19:14
And what about the crash from The Flying Dutchman Max Verstappen!

http://streamable.com/ppga

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 19:24
And what about the crash from The Flying Dutchman Max Verstappen!

A very nasty crash, shows how strong the safety cell of an F1 car is now though, I thought the wheel tethers worked as planned, even a big collision with the barrier didn't cause the wheels to become detached. He was a touch unlucky though, he was showing very good pace and it was probably only a matter of time until he passed Grosjean. Grosjean on the other hand was on pretty old tyres and was braking earlier for T1 than normal, it caught Max out as he didn't expect Grosjean to be braking that early.

Sonny Crockett
24-05-2015, 19:27
Yeah. Do you think that the 5 grid place penalty and the 2 license points were too harse?

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 20:01
Yeah. Do you think that the 5 grid place penalty and the 2 license points were too harse?

The gird penalty, no. The penalty points? I can see why he was given them to try and discourage him from similar actions. As daft as it sounds it will have been a good lesson learnt for Verstappen about people braking on older tyres and just race-craft round Monaco in general.

gpk99
24-05-2015, 21:47
Vettel dancing on the podium..."i'm happy...I'm Happy".......too funny...
and the look on Lewis' face says it all......(someone's head is gonna roll)......
Finally points for McLaren.......inching closer and closer....but they really did benefit from the small track in this case...let's hope they show more progress in good ol Canada eh?? Verstappen IMO was at fault but you can easily say it was a "racing" accident.That first corner is tight enough for 2 cars and thats it...with inches to spare between them,let alone at 80 mph

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 21:53
Don't you all think that Rosberg should have been a little more subdued in his celebrations? He knew when he exited the car that he'd been handed the race and Lewis had been robbed by a team eff up.

Reverse the positions and Lewis would have had his head down apologising for winning.

apexatspeed
24-05-2015, 22:07
Yet again Grosjean brake checks someone and causes a major accident. When will the FIA ban him for this practice?

He didn't brake check anyone. RG was running on older tires and in front. It is up to the person behind to avoid contact in that situation. I easily for saw Verstappen crashing at some point trying to pass into turn 1.

apexatspeed
24-05-2015, 22:09
Was delighted it happened to be honest. I find Hamilton very very childish. Race was good.....delighted Button finally!!! got into the points,Mclaren need to get it together and what the hell is up with Kimi,hoping he can turn it around in the next round after this much talked about upgrade for Ferrari.

Very childish? He was pretty mature after the race was taken from him by his team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msAsx1tbtls

http://i.imgur.com/10KxlB1.jpg

Bryer
24-05-2015, 22:20
He didn't brake check anyone. RG was running on older tires and in front. It is up to the person behind to avoid contact in that situation. I easily for saw Verstappen crashing at some point trying to pass into turn 1.

Watch the onboard footage. He brakes about 10 meters earlier than he did on the previous lap, and then proceeded to lap at a consistent speed, which would indicate the tyres were not as bad as everyone is making out. He is also a lot more central on the track than previous laps too, he knew full well what he was doing.

yusupov
24-05-2015, 22:28
wow i have never seen lewis that shaken ( i know he has a poor reputation for wearing his heart on his sleave but i only started watching last yr right around when he started coming back on nico :)).

glad seb & ferrari got 2nd but wish it couldve happened without this nonsense. provided this didnt actually mentally shake lewis i still see him winning by seven lengths, at least weve got some drama, it was nice cheering for him last year as he came back but now his car + him are just too good, rooting for vettel & ferrari, i think theyll be back next year.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 22:40
I like a bit of heart on sleeve. We're all human. Anything other always smells a touch contrived to me.

kingsti
24-05-2015, 22:50
@apexatspeed... I agree, I don't think he is childish at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

apexatspeed
24-05-2015, 22:51
Watch the onboard footage. He brakes about 10 meters earlier than he did on the previous lap, and then proceeded to lap at a consistent speed, which would indicate the tyres were not as bad as everyone is making out. He is also a lot more central on the track than previous laps too, he knew full well what he was doing.

RG held a steady line and didn't even make a move. The rules are the driver behind has to make a clean pass. Verstappen was having a good race and making bold moves. This one did not work out. He gets the penalties and will move on to do great things. Grosjean can position his car there and brake early on old tires. Verstappen is the faster car and should make the move cleanly. As long as Grosjean doesn't make two movements to block a pass he is fine. End of story.

rbracer
24-05-2015, 22:53
Terrible......now he almost has to second guess everything the team tells him on the radio. That may hurt him going forward, but at least he will have 150 million when he leaves to go to Ferrari when this contract is up. Certain teams don't make those type of mistakes......terrible.

yusupov
24-05-2015, 23:02
I like a bit of heart on sleeve. We're all human. Anything other always smells a touch contrived to me.

i agree, idk that he deserved to have a bad reputation, just meant that was the case. tho i think by keeping his words in check like he did today, he's making it hard for detractors. hard to hate on a guy who loses in such a hard way, shows his humanity but still says "the right things".

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 23:44
Don't you all think that Rosberg should have been a little more subdued in his celebrations? He knew when he exited the car that he'd been handed the race and Lewis had been robbed by a team eff up.

Reverse the positions and Lewis would have had his head down apologising for winning.

In my opinion you can't blame Rosberg for being happy, he'd just won his 3rd Monaco Grand Prix. He did however admit after the race how lucky he was and how Lewis really did deserve to win the race, after all it wasn't Nico's fault Mercedes pitted Lewis ruining his race and costing him a win, hours on I still have no idea what Mercedes were thinking, it's not like any of the other top 3 were pitting!

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 23:49
In my opinion you can't blame Rosberg for being happy, he'd just won his 3rd Monaco Grand Prix. He did however admit after the race how lucky he was and how Lewis really did deserve to win the race, after all it wasn't Nico's fault Mercedes pitted Lewis ruining his race and costing him a win, hours on I still have no idea what Mercedes were thinking, it's not like any of the other top 3 were pitting!

I'm not blaming him for being happy, anyone would be under the circumstances (lucking into a win after the team messed up for the clear real winner). I do though think the posturing, dancing, screaming (heard clearly on the PtC radio), the spraying and hugging was a tad overdone given the fact he should not have won.

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 23:57
I'm not blaming him for being happy, anyone would be under the circumstances (lucking into a win after the team messed up for the clear real winner). I do though think the posturing, dancing, screaming (heard clearly on the PtC radio), the spraying and hugging was a tad overdone given the fact he should not have won.

Yeah the celebrations were a bit over the top!

o Mike V o
25-05-2015, 01:07
Bad luck for Hamilton! hindsight is 20/20 though.

Sonny Crockett
25-05-2015, 07:37

Yeah, I think so too. Winning a Monaco GP is special, but not this way.

Dreco
25-05-2015, 21:34
http://i.imgur.com/35YHzYG.gif

apexatspeed
26-05-2015, 06:41

"The data shows I actually braked five metres later than on the lap before. I was braking as late as I could with my tyres as they were" -Grosjean

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/reports/2015-monaco-gp-report/

The telemetry shows Grosjean actually broke later than the previous lap and Verstappen is wrong. There is proof right there RG didn't brake check anyone.

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 06:50
It was clearly Verstappen's mistake.

FA RACING 01
26-05-2015, 08:32
Being a big Ferrari fan myself, Lewis Hamilton never featured in my "fan list" of F1 drivers, but his behaviour after the Manaco GP on Sunday speaks of a great professional and let him score quite a lot of points in my book. AND Rossberg's dancing charade afterwards was enough to make me nauseous.

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 09:23
I cba about neither of both. Rosberg only sits in the fastest car, he's an average driver that always blames anyone but himself when losing.
Hamilton? No thanks, Is he a race driver or a gangster rapper with his gold chain in the pits? :dejection: we know he has money, no need to show it like this.

My favorites are the McLaren Team and Nico Hülkenberg, very pleasent guy, that deserves to sit in a faster car.
But my all time favorite would be Rubens Barrichello, never seen such a positive, down to earth, yet so fast race driver :)
Should've won at least 1 World Championship Title.

qbasiz
26-05-2015, 10:54
Although i'm dutch and was rooting for verstappen, i think the penalty was fair.
Max was flying allong after his last pitstop and passed Bottas nicely following Vettel through traffic.
RG was fully aware of Max his pace and was pulling every trick in the book to keep Max behind (which he was entitled to)
I don't think Max was even trying to pass into turn 1 but got caught offgaurd by a ever slowing Romain, lesson learned (hopefully)

oh and, head of strategy from Merc :culpability:

Machinist90
26-05-2015, 11:00
Although i'm dutch and was rooting for verstappen, i think the penalty was fair.
Max was flying allong after his last pitstop and passed Bottas nicely following Vettel through traffic.
RG was fully aware of Max his pace and was pulling every trick in the book to keep Max behind (which he was entitled to)
I don't think Max was even trying to pass into turn 1 but got caught offgaurd by a ever slowing Romain, lesson learned (hopefully)

meme worthy that is though I couldn't care less bout hamilton

Sonny Crockett
26-05-2015, 12:04

Do you mean the grid penalty of the 2 license points?

qbasiz
26-05-2015, 12:17
both, in the end Max crashed into the back of Romain and the stewards looked at the data and saw no concluding evidence that romain pulled a break test.
The license points system is flawed imo but thats a different discussion, although other drivers have gotten away with less penalties and the stewards/FIA
might have taken his age in consideration. Max was still at fault, i think he should have timed his overtake on Romain better and the penalty is hard but fair.

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 13:17
There are many flaws at the moment. The penalty system is a childish act, as it only keeps drivers from taking risks,

- Add more DRS zones on all tracks
- Free tyre choice / re-introduce refueling (more strategies)
- Switch to ethanol
- Decrease costs to get rid of pay drivers
- Return to race tracks in countries with enthusiastic motorsport fans
- Less escape routes, more gravel
- Get rid of Bernie, let a former driver take over (not Alain Prost)
- Loud-ass engine sound
- Longer races
- Less interaction with engineer

You're welcome, FIA. :)

apexatspeed
26-05-2015, 17:38
I cba about neither of both. Rosberg only sits in the fastest car, he's an average driver that always blames anyone but himself when losing.
Hamilton? No thanks, Is he a race driver or a gangster rapper with his gold chain in the pits? :dejection: we know he has money, no need to show it like this.

My favorites are the McLaren Team and Nico Hülkenberg, very pleasent guy, that deserves to sit in a faster car.
But my all time favorite would be Rubens Barrichello, never seen such a positive, down to earth, yet so fast race driver :)
Should've won at least 1 World Championship Title.

Nico Rosberg is probably more than an average driver. You are selling him short. LH has out scored Jenson Button and Alonso as teammates while Nico was able to give LH a run for his money up until the last race in the 2014 season. Nico Rosberg also won races with the V8 powered Mercedes which was absolutely not a very fast car. He won 2 races in 2013 vs Hamilton's 1 while Vettel was running away with the championship in his Red Bull. He also won a GP2 championship. I'd say the top tier of drivers are Hamilton, Alonso, and Vettel. I'd put Rosberg in with Bottas as the next level of drivers.

Lewis Hamilton has never acted like a gangster rapper. I am not sure you even know what that is. Just because you wear a gold chain doesn't mean you are acting like a gangster. You slam Lewis for trying to show he has money when Jenson Button has shown up to GPs in a Rolls Royce and Raikkonen walked out of a GP to get into his mega yacht.

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 22:09
Well, l dont think a gold chain has a lot to do with racing.
If you think thats okay, thats your opinion.

About Nico Rosberg in 2014: Think about it again and then tell me how many races he won without Lewis having bad luck, technical issues etc. ;)

PS: Maldonado also won the GP2, what does that make him?

apexatspeed
26-05-2015, 23:13
Well, l dont think a gold chain has a lot to do with racing.
If you think thats okay, thats your opinion.

About Nico Rosberg in 2014: Think about it again and then tell me how many races he won without Lewis having bad luck, technical issues etc. ;)

PS: Maldonado also won the GP2, what does that make him?

Who said a gold chain has anything to do with racing? What is the difference between a gold chain and a rolls royce? What does Oakley's and Raybans have to do with racing? They are just accessories. Felipe Massa did a collaboration with a watch company for a watch. It has nothing to do with racing. Just because LH likes a gold chain doesn't make him out to be acting like a gangster. When you say that you sound really silly. Like I said you must not know what you are actually saying, so we will let your ignorance be.

Maldonado can be fast at times he just has terrible luck and needs to refine is racecarft. You can't put him in a bracket with Rosberg because Rosberg has actually won more than one race. Rosberg also is a lot less likely to blow someone up when racing neck and neck with them. Maldonado is reckless and almost killed someone ignoring yellow flags.

Pink_650S
27-05-2015, 01:46
I said gangster rapper mate, not gangster. I know the difference.
And sorry for speaking my mind, obviously thats not allowed in your world. ;)

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 05:08
I said gangster rapper mate, not gangster. I know the difference.
And sorry for speaking my mind, obviously thats not allowed in your world. ;)

You did say gangster rapper. Are you saying that gangster rappers look different from gangsters? Because gangster is in their title. In order to be a gangster rapper you have to be a gangster and a rapper. Lewis Hamilton is neither

It is allowed for you to say that, but you just sound like an ignorant person who hasn't stepped out of your door to experience other people. He doesn't look, act, or dress anything close to like a gangster rapper. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. There is a whole world out there with different kinds of people wearing different things, and trust me not everyone that wears a gold chain is a gangster rapper. In turn wearing a gold chain doesn't make you look like one.

Formula 1 is an international racing league that has all kinds of drivers. None of them look the same that is just how things are. None of the drivers look like "gangster rappers".

Pink_650S
27-05-2015, 05:20
I sound ignorant? You do realize that you are the one that cant accept my opinion, right?

I said that l dont like it, my perception of motorsports doesnt include gold chains period.
If you like it, thats okay, doesnt mean you have to get defensive.

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 05:32
I sound ignorant? You do realize that you are the one that cant accept my opinion, right?

I said that l dont like it, my perception of motorsports doesnt include gold chains period.
If you like it, thats okay, doesnt mean you have to get defensive.

What does a what driver wears to a race have anything to do with your perception of motorsport? You originally said it was because he flaunts his money yet Raikkonen brought a boat to Monaco, JB arrives in a Rolls Royce and owns a P1, and Felipe Massa has a LaFerrari. So that isn't your beef with LH. Tell me what your problem real is. Drivers can wear gold watches, but as soon as LH wears a gold chain he is acting like a gangster rapper? Please dude. Like I already said you either don't know what a gangster rapper is or are just saying something that completely isn't true intentionally. That is why I am calling you ignorant.

Pink_650S
27-05-2015, 05:39
:D
Its okay if you dont agree, to each their own. You obviously dont get my point, which might has to do with the fact that l cant fully express my thoughts in english.
I also dont know why you mentioned Massa, Raikkönen and Button, never said l like them :confused:

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 05:48
:D
Its okay if you dont agree, to each their own. You obviously dont get my point, which might has to do with the fact that l cant fully express my thoughts in english.
I also dont know why you mentioned Massa, Raikkönen and Button, never said l like them :confused:

I know you never said you liked them. Maybe it is that you can not express it in english, but a lot of drivers wear jewelry or show of their money. It is just very strange that you say Lewis Hamilton is acting like a gangster rapper when doesn't. So I was right and you don't know what a gangster rapper is.

Danica Patrick wears jewelry to races other than a watch. Does she act like a gangster rapper?

Pink_650S
27-05-2015, 05:58
Yea, l said act, thats exactly what l said ;)

You are right, yes, so l can have my peace now. Also you called me silly, ignorant, someone that never walks out the door... Good stuff :D you must really know me.

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 16:32
Yea, l said act, thats exactly what l said ;)

You are right, yes, so l can have my peace now. Also you called me silly, ignorant, someone that never walks out the door... Good stuff :D you must really know me.

If we are going to go that route you must really know a few "gangster rappers" and Lewis Hamilton.

Back on to Formula 1. You said you want the cars to be louder. Have you been to an F1 race with the V8s and the V6 engines? I have been to both IndyCar and NASCAR and those are cars are loud as hell. The V6 engines still have a significantly higher decibel rating, so I can only imagine how loud the F1 cars must be. The next thing I need to do on my life list is go to an F1 race.

Machinist90
27-05-2015, 16:35
Hamilton is a twat...gold chain or not

MiZtErNiCe
27-05-2015, 16:45
Nico Rosberg is probably more than an average driver. You are selling him short. LH has out scored Jenson Button and Alonso as teammates

i'd just like to point out that Alonso finished on the same points in 2007 and Button is the only team mate to beat hamilton over a full season. if rosberg was more than average hamilton would not be dominating him like he is just now.

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 17:08
i'd just like to point out that Alonso finished on the same points in 2007 and Button is the only team mate to beat hamilton over a full season. if rosberg was more than average hamilton would not be dominating him like he is just now.

He tied a two time WDC in his rookie season. That isn't bad for someone who had never raced a Formula 1 car before. I think LH is dominating Rosberg because LH is at the literal top of current drivers with Vettel and Alonso. I already said I'd put Rosberg in the same camp as Bottas. What drivers to you think are on Rosberg's level? Who is above and who is below him?

MiZtErNiCe
27-05-2015, 20:18
i wasn't saying hamiltons not good i was meaning that drivers like alonso and button were equal to hamilton so if rosberg was as good as them he wouldn't get dominated so easily. yeah i'd agree alonso vettel n hamilton all pretty much equal, would be good to see vettel in same car as hamilton to get a direct comparison. i have a sneaky suspision vettel might beat him, only my opinion though. Rosberg is like webber, will win a few races a season but never a championship. although mercedes might think otherwise after what mister bernie e said about rosberg and may hand him this years wdc on a plate just to stick it up bernie. that would be funny and they may have set it in motion in monaco, it may be the masterplan lol. dont know about bottas time will tell he has potential though, as does ricciardo. i think ricciardo will jump into that top class pretty soon.

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 20:40
Yeah I knew what you meant. Those all seem like good points. Button is definitely solid. It is always hard to distinguish drivers skill level without direct comparisons in the same car. It would be really interesting to see Vettel and Lewis Hamilton in the same car.

Pink_650S
28-05-2015, 06:25
@apexatspeed: Dont you think Ricciardo is better than Vettel? Because when going by your rule he should be, outpointed him last year and won 3 Grand Prix.

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 17:29
@apexatspeed: Dont you think Ricciardo is better than Vettel? Because when going by your rule he should be, outpointed him last year and won 3 Grand Prix.

I don't think Ricciardo is as good as Vettel as an overall driver. There is not enough proof for that. The Red Bull in 2014 just wasn't suited to Vettel's driving style. Clearly Ricciardo is better than Vettel specifically at driving the RB10. That can be said with certain.

BDR Daz
28-05-2015, 17:45
I don't think Ricciardo is as good as Vettel as an overall driver. There is not enough proof for that. The Red Bull in 2014 just wasn't suited to Vettel's driving style. Clearly Ricciardo is better than Vettel specifically at driving the RB10. That can be said with certain.

Wow ... thats is a statement !!

Ricciardo outperformed Vettel fair and square, Vettel won because the car was made for him and he could get his head around the aero advantages that Red Bull had, as soon as he had a team mate that "Got It" he wasnt that great any more ... He may have 4 WDC but he also had 4 unrivaled years ...

MiZtErNiCe
28-05-2015, 23:05
3 wins against 4 world drivers championships (in a row)? i know who i think is better . apexatspeed makes a good point. lots of reasons why vettel struggled last year, had a kid in winter, maybe lacked a bit focus, had a terrible winter test, bad reliability with his car etc etc. vettel had driven better faster cars in last few years whereas ricciardo was in his best car in his career in 2014 so he had to prove himself. all these things add up

4 unrivaled years, jeez were you even watching? he was 3rd going into last race in 2010 and beat great drivers like alonso, hamilton, button, webber to the title. was it 2012 when it went to last race again against alonso.. i just dont agree with you daz there was plenty of competition unlike this year and last.

transfix
30-05-2015, 00:51

No fault to Grosjean. Will it take a serious accident to finally penalize him? This is getting ridiculous

apexatspeed
30-05-2015, 03:32
No fault to Grosjean. Will it take a serious accident to finally penalize him? This is getting ridiculous

The telemetry from the car given to the FIA proves Grosjean got on his brakes later that lap then on the previous one. Reported by motorsport.com and other places. Verstappen was just way closer on the lap he rear ended RG.

o Mike V o
30-05-2015, 14:15
MV was carrying some serious momentum behind RG on lap 63, but looking at the laps over and over RG doesn't look too consistent in that braking zone which caught MV by surprise. Max made an error, but I wouldn't put Grosjean in the all clear either. Pretty much agree with brundles (https://youtu.be/dfAY-xcGWQ8?t=5593) assessment

The criticism coming from Massa (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119163) is rich though...

apexatspeed
30-05-2015, 20:54
MV was carrying some serious momentum behind RG on lap 63, but looking at the laps over and over RG doesn't look too consistent in that braking zone which caught MV by surprise. Max made an error, but I wouldn't put Grosjean in the all clear either. Pretty much agree with brundles (https://youtu.be/dfAY-xcGWQ8?t=5593) assessment

The criticism coming from Massa (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119163) is rich though...

Brundle's "assessment" was made on the fly right after the incident. He had no idea there was factual data produced after the race that proves RG broke later than he did on the previous lap. RG absolutely did nothing wrong. He held his line and didn't even move. MV just rear ended him. The person in front can brake early if he wants (which he didn't), but it is up to the person in the back to make a clean pass. MV was just way closer that lap then he was on the previous one and that might have caught him off guard.

Mistakes happen, but RG is not to blame here in any kind of way.

Robbo-92
31-05-2015, 20:34
I concur, Grosjean was in no way to blame for the accident.

Predictions for Canada anyone? I get a feeling Ferrari will be very close to the Mercedes duo with their engine getting an upgrade and Mercedes stalling their update to when they want to use their third power unit.

apexatspeed
31-05-2015, 21:20
I concur, Grosjean was in no way to blame for the accident.

Predictions for Canada anyone? I get a feeling Ferrari will be very close to the Mercedes duo with their engine getting an upgrade and Mercedes stalling their update to when they want to use their third power unit.

I am going to go with my same prediction from Monaco. It will take a crash, messed up pit stop, or something abnormal for Ferrari to get on the top step.

I hope Perez has another good drive though. I have a soft spot for a fellow North American in F1.

transfix
31-05-2015, 22:01
F1 Fever is hitting my hometown this week. Looking forward to the race!

Pink_650S
01-06-2015, 08:51
I'm hoping for a good McLaren result, but l highly doubt that, since their engine is so weak :(

I'm also hoping for Ferrari to give Mercedes a challenge, so we get an exciting race :)

cerbrus2
01-06-2015, 11:54
Just seen this posted to my wall, thought i would share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9GtxYrMQcI

Also remember to check the website. http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

apexatspeed
01-06-2015, 17:54
Just a flashback to Canada 2011. A great drive from JB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1cXCWzBQh8

Robbo-92
01-06-2015, 17:55
The 2011 race is one of the best I've ever seen, will take some beating! I think that race shows everyone when Button is on it, he's really on it!

Pink_650S
01-06-2015, 18:36

Good times :)

FA RACING 01
01-06-2015, 18:43
Just seen this posted to my wall, thought i would share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9GtxYrMQcI

Also remember to check the website. http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

Just shows you, real life racing also has a bug

o Mike V o
01-06-2015, 21:30
I really hope KR has a decent qualifying for once, tough times to be a Raikkonen fan. He will never catch Vettel in the standings unless he improves on Saturdays.

MillsLayne
02-06-2015, 02:25

By far my favorite Jenson race. The dude was a demon that day.

apexatspeed
04-06-2015, 01:30
What do you guys think about Felipe Nasr? I feel like he is having a pretty good season as a rookie with Sauber. He is ahead of his teammate, and all the other rookies. I feel like a lot of the praise is going toward Sainz Jr and Verstappen (mostly toward MV). In terms of ranking their season so far I'd go with:
1. Nasr 2. Sainz Jr 3. Verstappen

Putting MV last doesn't take away from is exceptional start in F1. All the rookies have been impressive this year.

gp20
04-06-2015, 05:54
Verstappen has got a sanction but he should be banned.
Not only he causes an accident but it's clear that he would not have been able to take the corner correctly.
Stupid moron, which is a pleonasm but applies very well here.

gp20
04-06-2015, 06:00
A very nasty crash, shows how strong the safety cell of an F1 car is now though, I thought the wheel tethers worked as planned, even a big collision with the barrier didn't cause the wheels to become detached. He was a touch unlucky though, he was showing very good pace and it was probably only a matter of time until he passed Grosjean. Grosjean on the other hand was on pretty old tyres and was braking earlier for T1 than normal, it caught Max out as he didn't expect Grosjean to be braking that early.

Did you notice on that video that Verstappen would not have been able to take the corner correctly?

apexatspeed
04-06-2015, 06:02
Verstappen has got a sanction but he should be banned.
Not only he causes an accident but it's clear that he would not have been able to take the corner correctly.
Stupid moron, which is a pleonasm but applies very well here.

Woah, are you serious? I 100% agree Verstappen is at fault, but banning is way too far. Do you actually believe Verstappen should be banned? He made one mistake in one race you want him banned. Every single other driver on the grid that isn't a rookie has had big crashes. That is just part of racing. That seems really drastic.

gp20
04-06-2015, 06:11
Ban for the next race, sure!
You want to see blood?

FA RACING 01
04-06-2015, 06:27
Woah, are you serious? I 100% agree Verstappen is at fault, but banning is way too far. Do you actually believe Verstappen should be banned? He made one mistake in one race you want him banned. Every single other driver on the grid that isn't a rookie has had big crashes. That is just part of racing. That seems really drastic.

Agreed - same happened to Michael Schumacher at Mercedes and he received a grid penalty for the next race. I would have agreed with a ban if it was Maldonado for instance [for countless infringements], but first time ban, no. And to be fair, Verstappen showed no signs of being a cowboy on track, just hard racing.

gp20
04-06-2015, 06:53
Agreed - same happened to Michael Schumacher at Mercedes and he received a grid penalty for the next race. I would have agreed with a ban if it was Maldonado for instance [for countless infringements], but first time ban, no. And to be fair, Verstappen showed no signs of being a cowboy on track, just hard racing.
You just show that there are pilots who have support that other pilots don't have. Just politic.

That remember me that Sebastien Loeb has been refused a super license in order to drive in formula 1.
9 times world champion and no authorization. Hummm formula 1 is pitiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf1d1SR_Co4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jjZiv9gHOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20CLumT2Sg

FA RACING 01
04-06-2015, 07:09
Ya, the politics I suppose no one can argue with, but that's part of all forms of motor racing.

If I remember correctly Loeb was about two seconds off the pace with same car.

gp20
04-06-2015, 07:16
Ya, the politics I suppose no one can argue with, but that's part of all forms of motor racing.

If I remember correctly Loeb was about two seconds off the pace with same car.
http://news.autoplus.fr/news/948709/Sebastien-Loeb-F1--Barcelone-Red-Bull-Racing-essais

Google translation.
Barcelona 2008, 8th between Kubica and Piquet.
For a first try...but no authorization.

He would have ridiculed all these fake pilots full of money and politic.
Formula one is full of shit, it's a show not a competition.

transfix
04-06-2015, 15:01

That was a great race,especially being there live to feel the excitement.

transfix
04-06-2015, 15:04

Was just going to say that. Maldonado is reckless and should have received a ban long time ago.

Robbo-92
04-06-2015, 16:24
Did you notice on that video that Verstappen would not have been able to take the corner correctly?

He most likely wouldn't have been able to take the corner correctly, he seemed to be lining up a move down the inside into T1 but Grosjean braking slightly earlier caught him out, in no way deserves a ban.

Robbo-92
04-06-2015, 16:28
What do you guys think about Felipe Nasr? I feel like he is having a pretty good season as a rookie with Sauber. He is ahead of his teammate, and all the other rookies. I feel like a lot of the praise is going toward Sainz Jr and Verstappen (mostly toward MV). In terms of ranking their season so far I'd go with:
1. Nasr 2. Sainz Jr 3. Verstappen

Putting MV last doesn't take away from is exceptional start in F1. All the rookies have been impressive this year.

They all look like very good drivers, for the future, Nasr was very impressive in Australia. Sainz and Verstappen seem to be getting more media coverage at the moment with their car being relativity quick and both drivers being highly rated by Red Bull. Hard to say which is the best as of yet.

gp20
04-06-2015, 17:18
He most likely wouldn't have been able to take the corner correctly, he seemed to be lining up a move down the inside into T1 but Grosjean braking slightly earlier caught him out, in no way deserves a ban.
Not sure i understand but the inside of the corner is to the right and you can't go there.

Robbo-92
04-06-2015, 18:38
Not sure i understand but the inside of the corner is to the right and you can't go there.

Grosjean was going defensive which he is entitled to do, Verstappen was still within the confines of the track and if he had been alongside Grosjean, he would have the corner (albeit a hugely compromised exit considering the entry would have been very tight) but could have made the corner, in in the end his move was over ambitious and he made his intentions clear too late to Grosjean (he pulled out very late, Grosjean probably didn't expect him to make a move) that he was going to attempt an overtake.

GT_Racing
04-06-2015, 19:08
http://news.autoplus.fr/news/948709/Sebastien-Loeb-F1--Barcelone-Red-Bull-Racing-essais

Google translation.
Barcelona 2008, 8th between Kubica and Piquet.
For a first try...but no authorization.

He would have ridiculed all these fake pilots full of money and politic.
Formula one is full of shit, it's a show not a competition.

That is just really shitty. They should have just given him a super license. They need to have excepts to the rules. If anyone can get get a platinum rating for sports cars by being exceptional they should be able to gran supers to certain drivers.

apexatspeed
06-06-2015, 00:15
It is Friday. We are getting so close. Any guesses on who qualifies 5th? Assuming it goes Mercedes 1-2 and Ferrari 3-4. Then again Raikkonen has been sketchy with qualifying pace.

GT_Racing
06-06-2015, 00:28
Im going with Massa for 5th in quali.

Pink_650S
06-06-2015, 00:39
Grosjean!

apexatspeed
06-06-2015, 01:06
I could see both Grosjean and Massa getting it.

I'll go with Sainz Jr. I am indecisive as anything else haha. He did well in Qualifying at Spain.

Edit: I changed my vote from the Maldozer to Grosjean
Edit2: I changed from Grosjean to Ricciardo
Edit3: I changed it again :rolleyes:

Pink_650S
06-06-2015, 18:04
Nice qualifying session!
Guess l was right about Grosjean :p

I expect an exciting race. The end result cant be predicted really. :)

apexatspeed
06-06-2015, 23:32
Yeah you guessed right with RG.

Vettel got a 5 spot grid penalty and points on his license. Vettel lucked out he already almost got last.

Sonny Crockett
07-06-2015, 08:03
Going to be a tough race for Verstappen. Safety Car please!

transfix
07-06-2015, 10:58
What a great Quali. I have to say was looking forward to hearing the cars live and even though they still have a powerful sound, it just feels wrong.
Honestly the cars look slower because of it.

Felt bad for Button and Alonso.

Robbo-92
07-06-2015, 11:25
Terrible qualy for Vettel, Massa and Button. I expect Vettel and Massa will quickly move up through the field to get some solid points. However the same can't be said about Button, the McLaren hasn't looked particularly quick this weekend however if it's a race of high attrition Alonso may get his first point.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 11:34
I think if the fast guys at the back don't go bashing into people we could have a cracking race on for today.

Did anyone else think Rosberg looked a bit excessively resigned? He made a setup change, it went the wrong way, it happens. This is a track you can overtake on. That DRS down the back straight is huge.

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 11:50
I think if the fast guys at the back don't go bashing into people we could have a cracking race on for today.

Did anyone else think Rosberg looked a bit excessively resigned? He made a setup change, it went the wrong way, it happens. This is a track you can overtake on. That DRS down the back straight is huge.

Yep, Rosberg is very bad at hiding his feelings (especially his negative ones). Thats his biggest flaw imho and makes him unsympathetic.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 11:53
Yep, Rosberg is very bad at hiding his feelings (especially his negative ones). Thats his biggest flaw imho and makes him unsympathetic.

Actually I've had another think about my point here. I think I know why he's so miffed. I think he's running slightly higher downforce than Lewis.

Rosberg was faster most practice in Sectors 1 and 2, then got hammered on the high speed sector 3. If cars are in parc ferme can they alter wings?

If not, he won't get close enough to Lewis after two laps to take advantage of DRS.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 11:56
Not in park ferme I don't think, but in the pit stop then yes, but that's not going to help him.

Robbo-92
07-06-2015, 11:59
Can't they alter the front flaps like they do in the pit stops under parc ferme as well?

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 12:12
Actually I've had another think about my point here. I think I know why he's so miffed. I think he's running slightly higher downforce than Lewis.

Rosberg was faster most practice in Sectors 1 and 2, then got hammered on the high speed sector 3. If cars are in parc ferme can they alter wings?

If not, he won't get close enough to Lewis after two laps to take advantage of DRS.

Maybe he's hoping for rain :p
Could be interesting, but l highly doubt that Rosberg will be able to keep up with Lewis when it stays dry.
But maybe he can overtake him at the start for a change, that would add to the excitement :)

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 12:13
I don't think they can do anything in parc ferme , can they?

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 12:35
I don't think they can do anything in parc ferme , can they?

I don't think so either. I think it's restricted to first pitstop.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 12:37
Maybe he's hoping for rain :p
Could be interesting, but l highly doubt that Rosberg will be able to keep up with Lewis when it stays dry.
But maybe he can overtake him at the start for a change, that would add to the excitement :)

Yes, that would work also.

It's one of those tracks where it can happen despite the short run to turn 1. Turn 1 is almost a braking point for turn 2.

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 12:52
Yes, that would work also.

It's one of those tracks where it can happen despite the short run to turn 1. Turn 1 is almost a braking point for turn 2.

Hah, yea.
And lets not forget about the 3rd row :p hint hint...

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 12:55
Hah, yea.
And lets not forget about the 3rd row :p hint hint...

The Ferrari's normally are very fast starters. I'd love to see Kimi rip into the lead. Although I'm always going to be a Hamilton guy.

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 12:58
THIRD row... whispers: "Grosjean and Maldonado..." ;)

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 13:03

Ahh :)

(More coffee needed)

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 13:10
Ahh :)

(More coffee needed)

More sedative! :p

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 13:15
More sedative! :p

Yes, coffee and valium cocktail.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 13:17
The Ferrari's normally are very fast starters. I'd love to see Kimi rip into the lead. Although I'm always going to be a Hamilton guy.
I must admit Lewis is my No1 but I just wish that Jenson could start climbing the ranks, no chance though until they sort his car out.

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 13:18
Yes, coffee and valium cocktail.

:hypnotysed:

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 13:20
I must admit Lewis is my No1 but I just wish that Jenson could start climbing the ranks, no chance though until they sort his car out.

I'm optimistic that McLaren will be very competitive by the end of the season. :)
I think they've been doing an amazing job so far. (Not with the new livery though...)

FA RACING 01
07-06-2015, 13:26
Anyone brave enough to make a race prediction. Mine -

#1 Lewis Hamilton

#2 Kimi Raikkonen

#3 Nico Rossberg

》Maldonado crashes out before lap 12

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 13:29
Maldonado crashes out before lap 12
That's a given... :rolleyes:

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 13:30
First corner pileup causing Alonso to romp away with it, followed on the podium by the two Manor Marussia's.

(wonder what odds you'd get on that from the bookie...)

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 13:34
Or the Wookie ;)

doyley101
07-06-2015, 13:43
I don't know but there are great odds on the constructors championship :)
https://m.skybet.com/formula-1/formula-1-2015-season/event/17091715

(This is kinda sad really)

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 13:45
I don't know but there are great odds on the constructors championship :)
https://m.skybet.com/formula-1/formula-1-2015-season/event/17091715

(This is kinda sad really)

Agreed, that's sad. Imagine putting 100 quid on McLaren and Honda turn up with a monster engine with 10 races to go. Winning every one...

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 13:47
Wow look at those odds, I would never take a punt on that.

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 14:03
Dry Race

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Grosjean

Wet Race

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Alonso/Button (I'm that desperate for McLaren to have a moment of success)

:)

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 14:04
Agreed, that's sad. Imagine putting 100 quid on McLaren and Honda turn up with a monster engine with 10 races to go. Winning every one...

Lol, no crowdfunding for Project Cars 2 needed then ;)

Dreco
07-06-2015, 14:09

This was fun yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8crkXB3-c7Q

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 14:12
Haha yea! :D
Two stubborn race drivers they are...

Robbo-92
07-06-2015, 14:33
That was Lotus's own doing though, they released both drivers at the exact same moment, what did they think was going to happen? Granted one of them should have slowed up but each driver would have wanted the clear air.

Aldo Zampatti
07-06-2015, 14:50
First corner pileup causing Alonso to romp away with it, followed on the podium by the two Manor Marussia's.

(wonder what odds you'd get on that from the bookie...)

That's remind me to Esteban Tuero's Race in a minardi (1998 i think) :) He was so slow that he was able to avoid a 10 car crash! Can't remember what race though :)

John Hargreaves
07-06-2015, 15:43

We‘re all Hamilton guys round here, Nic‘s one of us, but good luck this evening to our second favourite Hamilton brother.

gmspromo
07-06-2015, 15:47
Dry Race

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Grosjean

Wet Race

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Alonso/Button (I'm that desperate for McLaren to have a moment of success)

:)

Don't get me wrong, I want Hamilton to win today, especially as he "won" the last race at Monaco, but I think the Merc is touch and go with it's brake cooling ... and Hamilton more than Rosberg tends to wear his brakes more so I'm a little worried that is what might happen. A few laps into the Monaco GP Hamilton was having brake over heating issues and had to manage them, so Canada may just see a rare Raikkonen Ferrari win. I would have said a Vettel Ferrari win, but being as far back as he is on the grid, I don't think that will happen ...

FA RACING 01
07-06-2015, 15:58
We‘re all Hamilton guys round here, Nic‘s one of us, but good luck this evening to our second favourite Hamilton brother.

Nope. Born with a Ferrari gearbox, but I will remain quiet in my corner.

EDIT Will hold thums for Alonso/Button too, besides Kimi

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 16:11
Don't get me wrong, I want Hamilton to win today, especially as he "won" the last race at Monaco, but I think the Merc is touch and go with it's brake cooling ... and Hamilton more than Rosberg tends to wear his brakes more so I'm a little worried that is what might happen. A few laps into the Monaco GP Hamilton was having brake over heating issues and had to manage them, so Canada may just see a rare Raikkonen Ferrari win. I would have said a Vettel Ferrari win, but being as far back as he is on the grid, I don't think that will happen ...

I was worried about this also. My thinking is why not add 1mill to the brake duct. He's more than fast enough.

gmspromo
07-06-2015, 16:31
I was worried about this also. My thinking is why not add 1mill to the brake duct. He's more than fast enough.

Merc will still panic about Ferrari's race pace from Friday compared to their own, so they won't change anything that might hurt them performance wise, which is why some of their decisions of late have been rightfully criticised. Regardless of anything now though, it's too late ... after qualifying finished yesterday all the cars entered parc feme rules so can't be touched (other than for major issues/concerns).

As you rightly say, pace wise, Hamilton should win easily and Rosberg should suffer with over-steer carried over from qualifying that will only get worse as the fuel load reduces. Hamiltons only worries are mechanical problems and/or a silly moment where he bins in in the wall of champions ...

Speaking of which, they have changed the last corner this year where if cars run wide, they are supposed to go left of a bollard near the end of the run-off. I can guarantee there will be more than one driver falling foul of not doing what they are supposed to .. and what are the odds for it being Lewis on this occasion!!!?

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 16:33
Merc will still panic about Ferrari's race pace from Friday compared to their own, so they won't change anything that might hurt them performance wise, which is why some of their decisions of late have been rightfully criticised. Regardless of anything now though, it's too late ... after qualifying finished yesterday all the cars entered parc feme rules so can't be touched (other than for major issues/concerns).

As you rightly say, pace wise, Hamilton should win easily and Rosberg should suffer with over-steer carried over from qualifying that will only get worse as the fuel load reduces. Hamiltons only worries are mechanical problems and/or a silly moment where he bins in in the wall of champions ...

Speaking of which, they have changed the last corner this year where if cars run wide, they are supposed to go left of a bollard near the end of the run-off. I can guarantee there will be more than one driver falling foul of not doing what they are supposed to .. and what are the odds for it being Lewis on this occasion!!!?

That could be interesting.

FMS
07-06-2015, 16:35
We‘re all Hamilton guys round here

How dare you!? :)

djdavedoc
07-06-2015, 16:44
I think the rules are pathetic.... so JB gets a Drive Thru when he is already last because he missed qualifying with car problems.... gets penalised for getting things fixed so he can race.

What has happened to Formula 1!?

I am very much a JB person. Hamilton is a great driver don't get me wrong but I cannot stand his arrogance and the way he whinges like a little b*tch when things don't go his way.

gmspromo
07-06-2015, 16:49
I think the rules are pathetic.... so JB gets a Drive Thru when he is already last because he missed qualifying with car problems.... gets penalised for getting things fixed so he can race.

What has happened to Formula 1!?

I am very much a JB person. Hamilton is a great driver don't get me wrong but I cannot stand his arrogance and the way he whinges like a little b*tch when things don't go his way.

Don't confuse arrogance with confidence, it's a completely different thing. As for him whinging when things don't go his way, actually, I don't think he's done that at all this year ... and that includes the mess caused by the team at Monaco that he had every right to bitch and moan about! If you want to talk about whingers, look at Rosberg in qualifying yesterday - he requested a late set-up change that didn't work out and caused him excessive over-steer ... what did he do? Moan over the radio telling them it was a "rubbish" end to qualifying like it was THEIR fault!!

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 16:53
Button got a drive-thru before the race has even started?!

:dejection: jeez...

Robbo-92
07-06-2015, 17:13
Won't be long before all of the other Renault powered drivers get a penalty for a new power unit as well, just shows how unreliable the Renault is. The Honda is ever so slightly more understandable, it's their first season back into the sport in probably the most difficult time for the engines (engineering wise for the power units) and I belt they only started working on it in mid 2013 (may rings a bell) so they've had considerably less lead time on them. Still very poor form from both Renault and Honda though. I expected any issues Honda (likewise Renault) had would be sorted fairly quickly under 'reliability' so they didn't even have to spend tokens on improvements.

Buttons race just got worse with the drive through as well, gone from a very slight chance for a point to nearly no chance.

apexatspeed
07-06-2015, 17:54
As someone in North America it feels good not to be awake at an abnormal time for a race hahaha

;)

Kamel
07-06-2015, 17:56
Anyone brave enough to make a race prediction. Mine -

#1 Lewis Hamilton

#2 Kimi Raikkonen

#3 Nico Rossberg

》Maldonado crashes out before lap 12Just a reminder :D
http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/
He last crashed 84 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 10 seconds ago.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 17:56
Spoiler, Hamilton, what a fantastic race!!!

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 17:57
Spoiler, Hamilton, what a fantastic race!!!

How much wine you had? :cool:

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 17:59
How much wine you had? :cool:

A bottle of really good Californian (Sonoma) chardonnay and half a bottle of Pino Noir from the same vineyard.

Three shots of vodka.

little fella
07-06-2015, 18:07
A bottle of really good Californian (Sonoma) chardonnay and half a bottle of Pino Noir from the same vineyard.

Three shots of vodka.

Chewey is drunk haha!

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 18:09
Chewey is drunk haha!

Nope, I've just reached normality.

Dreco
07-06-2015, 18:16
Amazing wheel to wheel action there.

Dreco
07-06-2015, 18:20
Al Pacino:cool:

Robbo-92
07-06-2015, 18:23
I hope Kimi is just biding his time on this one.....

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 18:26

Three shots of vodka.

I've had 2 bottles of 'Proper Job' from St Austell Brewery, 3 shots of JD & coke and 3 fat/long smoking things... :barbershop_quartet_

Dreco
07-06-2015, 18:31
Alonso vs Vettel wow

little fella
07-06-2015, 18:32
Alonso vs Vettel wow

come on Alonso!!!!!!

Robbo-92
07-06-2015, 18:33
Vettel won, unsurprisingly

Dreco
07-06-2015, 18:38
Vettel vs Maldonado this is gonna be good.

Kamel
07-06-2015, 18:40
Spinning Finn... ^^

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 18:41
This is actually turning out to be a good race for a change.

Robbo-92
07-06-2015, 18:41
Well my gut feeling of Kimi battling with the Mercedes has gone out of the window :(

Dreco
07-06-2015, 18:42
Lovely pit stop from Mercedes.

Robbo-92
07-06-2015, 18:53
Sounds like Nico is struggling with brakes ala 2014.

TheDoctor46
07-06-2015, 19:10
Has to be the most boring race for both Merc's *sigh*

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 19:10
He hit me, he hit me... lol

Robbo-92
07-06-2015, 19:11
Has to be the most boring race for both Merc's *sigh*

Yep, been poor for them, hopefully it'll spice up toward the end.

Very clumsy from Grosjean as well, I expect he'll get a penalty of some sorts.

gmspromo
07-06-2015, 19:23
Blimin' hell Lewis, nothing like to close for comfort ....

Dreco
07-06-2015, 19:37
Great stuff Lewis.

GBRC.C7
07-06-2015, 19:40
Sobriety is a lovely place to visit now and again, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Edit, was watching the race on timeslip as I got in post start, not really sure about this season and the current regs. Too little racing and too much tyre and fuel management from everybody, I think the tyres need to be sorted because they just aren't capable of delivering the torque the turbo /electric power packs are delivering without burning out, maybe 2017 will improve things but I'm not holding my breath.

Really feeling for Allonso and Button as I think Mclaren & Honda were stitched up by the upgrade 'packages' issue and are effectively a season behind and with less that they can change than every other team..

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 19:44
Yep well done Lewis :onthego:

Robbo-92
07-06-2015, 19:46
As far as Canadian Grand Prix's go I'd say that was a poor one.

jgaganas
07-06-2015, 19:47
Hamilton should increase AI difficulty... this is getting boring ;)

Diluvian
07-06-2015, 19:53
I'm really really disappointed by the merc strategies .. this is no racing at all they are kidding us all over the time. Rosberg wants/starts to attack hamilton - and suddenly he has to safe his brakes - and while they are "battleing", vettel is about 1 second faster, so hamilton seems to know that he still can drive about 1:18 - 1:19 times while vettel is driving 1:17 .. with a slower car. Hamilton has to "lift and coast" .. rosberg starts loosing time, hä? Hamilton gets fuel-consumption reports, rosberg gets nothing (which is correct). This is so frustrating .. I'm sure Hamilton could have pushed so much more If rosberg would start racing against him..

Nice 3rd from Bottas, but never really recognized him at the tv :D.

The ferrari was really fast .. vettel was incredible fast at the straights. Was his first pitstop at lap 8 unplanned?

apexatspeed
07-06-2015, 20:02
Are Rosberg's gloves and shoes blue or green?

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rosb-hami-w06-jere-2015.jpg

GT_Racing
07-06-2015, 20:03
I love how they cut away from Sainz right before he passed Ricciardo. Really? Good directing there guys.

Robbo-92
07-06-2015, 20:04
Are Rosberg's gloves and shoes blue or green.

Green, just an odd shade of green.

GT_Racing
07-06-2015, 20:04
Are Rosberg's gloves and shoes blue or green.

They are green and I dont care what anybody says. :mad:

edit: That dude said green. Ha!

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 20:07
Are Rosberg's gloves and shoes blue or green?

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rosb-hami-w06-jere-2015.jpg

Mint green :p

PS: Another boring Grand Prix :(

apexatspeed
07-06-2015, 20:10
Now I feel crazy for saying blue. Haha :confused:

GT_Racing
07-06-2015, 20:12
Mint green :p

PS: Another boring Grand Prix :(

I didnt think it was boring. I enjoyed it. I think they need better camera work though. They cut away from the action for no reason. It was still more exciting than the two pirelli world challenge races I watched this week. And the BES race I watched last week. It was more exiciting than the Indy 500 (I admitiedly havent watched the detroit races yet).

Edit: The end of the indy 500 was kind of exciting being a JPM fan. I forgot about that. But other than that is was pretty lame.

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 20:21
I enjoyed it too, not as boring as Barcelona and Monaco, l'll admit :p

apexatspeed
07-06-2015, 20:39
It was cool seeing Javier Hernandez at the race.

All in all it was interesting. Vettel's move on Hulk was douchey. Grosjean on Stevens was clumsy. Massa and Bottas had good results. I am not sure if Kimi is telling the truth that the car screwed him.

little fella
08-06-2015, 04:58
Anyone hear Alonso on the radio he sounded really pissed off?
When asked to save fuel his answer was "No,I don't want to. I won't" LOL
Said something about being made to look like an AMATURE RACER!!

Ian Bell
08-06-2015, 05:57
Alonso appeared to let his frustration get the better of him when told over the radio after just 24 laps to save fuel, responding by saying: "I don't want! I don't want!"

The double world champion added: "Already I have big problems now. Driving with this, looking like an amateur. So I race and then I concentrate on fuel."

(From Autosport)

macto
08-06-2015, 07:09
I feel sorry for the guy (Jenson too), they are better than the results they are getting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33042862

TheDoctor46
08-06-2015, 08:50
Isnt it a bit boring to be a Hamilton fan at the moment, when the teammate lacks talent and the competitors lacks cars?

Luke Townsend
08-06-2015, 09:07
Isnt it a bit boring to be a Hamilton fan at the moment, when the teammate lacks talent and the competitors lacks cars?

A bit harsh on Rosberg maybe but yes, Hamilton is definitely making him look rather ordinary at the moment. And personally as a Hamilton fan I'm not finding it boring at all! :)

EDIT: Would love Mercedes to send a wad of cash Rosberg's way as a golden handshake so he could make way for Alonso. Feel so sorry for Fernando, and we're being robbed of seeing his talent. He hasn't got many more top years in the sport left.

Pink_650S
08-06-2015, 11:23
Alonso appeared to let his frustration get the better of him when told over the radio after just 24 laps to save fuel, responding by saying: "I don't want! I don't want!"

The double world champion added: "Already I have big problems now. Driving with this, looking like an amateur. So I race and then I concentrate on fuel."

(From Autosport)

I was like "Yes!! Finally someone states the obvious!"

apexatspeed
08-06-2015, 17:45

Lack of talent when regarding Rosberg is a stretch. He won more races than Hamilton back when they were both in the Mercedes V8 cars. He easily beat out MS and won a GP2 championship.

Dreco
08-06-2015, 19:44
Lovely pit stop from Mercedes.

Looks like I was right.:D

http://i.gyazo.com/82cac58f8eb6bace065c71f99f97e87a.png

They released this video in the last week:

https://www.facebook.com/MercedesAMGF1/videos/vb.79511407410/10152845599282411/?type=2&theater

Amazing.

o Mike V o
09-06-2015, 20:29
They need to open up the in season development and/or testing, this token non sense is a joke. I don't blame Mercedes for protecting their position, but they have such a huge advantage it is really unhealthy for the sport in its current state, it just a matter of time before one of the manufacturers (Renault) walks out on F1. I reckon they have more speed on tap if they need it, it doesn't matter if Honda, Renault or Ferrari use up tokens, Merc will always open the gap up as much as they need to WITHOUT needing to use tokens. I doubt any of the other PUs will catch up this year or next. 2014-2016 (at least 2016) will go down as the most dominant years for a team in the sports history.

And people called Red Bull dominant, ha! Merc is bringing dominance to a whole new level.

GT_Racing
14-06-2015, 13:46
Nico Hulkenberg will have more wins then 90% of the F1 grid this year. Haha. Based off how tiny the WEC schedule is he might even get more than Webber. haha

o Mike V o
21-06-2015, 12:21
Nasty little crash between Fred and Raikkonnen, luckily neither were hurt.

AfterAll14
21-06-2015, 12:25
Honda Post race interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARsw9xVq80Q

Pink_650S
22-06-2015, 00:50
Nice Austrian GP :)
One of the few this year.

Schnizz58
22-06-2015, 20:09
Looks like y'all are shoveling dirt on Nico a little too quickly eh?

apexatspeed
01-11-2015, 21:03
Good result from Nico. I greatly enjoyed watching Ferrari struggle. That was a bad showing by Vettel.

m355y
01-11-2015, 21:57
Don't think I've ever seen Vettel have a worse race than that, he had an absolute mare from the second the lights went out.

apexatspeed
02-11-2015, 05:32
Don't think I've ever seen Vettel have a worse race than that, he had an absolute mare from the second the lights went out.

Yeah, it was sloppy from Turn 1 Lap 1 to him over driving the car try to catch Mercedes. It was a slight glimpse to last year's Vettel, but I think he was just frustrated with the start. He'll be back in form for Brazil.

balderz002
02-11-2015, 06:44
What's this news of team orders from Merc? Article on bbc teletext that they brought HAM in for a pitstop towards the end that stopped him from having a pop at ROS. I can see why if they are trying to guarantee a 1-2 finish in the drivers championship.

m355y
02-11-2015, 07:56
They want Rosberg to have a bit of confidence too, another defeat by Lewis and who knows how that would have affected him not just in terms of second in the championship but in terms of his future there. There was a lot to consider. Ultimately he won fair and square, and Lewis got a bit scruffy trying to catch him that ultimately lost him that crack at victory. I was a bit like Brazil last year really.

Micas
02-11-2015, 08:47
They shouldn't sabotage Lewis just to get Rosberg a win. The commentary on the US broadcast mentioned that. Lewis was fine on his medium tires and could have done more laps before switching onto the soft to give Rosberg a fight at the end.

balderz002
02-11-2015, 09:32
So much for no team orders and letting them duke it out till the end of the season!

Ian Bell
02-11-2015, 09:35
What's this news of team orders from Merc? Article on bbc teletext that they brought HAM in for a pitstop towards the end that stopped him from having a pop at ROS. I can see why if they are trying to guarantee a 1-2 finish in the drivers championship.

Agreed, clear team orders. Kravitz was saying that the tyres removed from previous stints were certainly not down to the canvas. Lewis could have taken his to the end. But the team had told Rosberg to come in and insisted Lewis did also to 'balance the books'.

balderz002
02-11-2015, 10:35
Its a bit like they are trying to copy RedBulls PR from their 4 years of winning. Its easy to be open and chatty when things are going your way!
Am I the only person who whats to hear Toto shout 'Get to the choppa!!!' at the top of his lungs?

And whats this new found trend for silly hats on the podium? Ushanka's, Stetsons, Sombrero's........... We gonna see Pirelli branded bowler hats at Silverstone next year?

apexatspeed
02-11-2015, 18:48
I don't know if I can really believe they intentionally gave NR the win. I like LH as much as the next guy, but I don't see why Mercedes would do that.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
02-11-2015, 19:12
I don't know if I can really believe they intentionally gave NR the win. I like LH as much as the next guy, but I don't see why Mercedes would do that.
They didn't. Both cars were well ahead of Kvyat in 3rd, and new tires for both of them was better for both of them than both of them taking chances on long stints. Rosberg and Hamilton could both have probably gotten to the finish, it was just less risky to change. (Say, hypothetically, a 10% chance of at least one random puncture between the two cars without a change. With a change, a 1% chance of puncture, along with a 1% chance of something going wrong during a pit stop. Boxing would be safer.)

It parallels the "prisoner's dilemma", where they're both better off if they box, both worse off if they don't, but one would have an advantage if he didn't. Hence the instruction (order) for Hamilton to box, probably after a similar instruction to Rosberg.

It's possible they let Nico make the decision (both or neither) due to Mercedes' policy of the lead driver having strategic priority. But I'm convinced it wasn't meant to give him an advantage over Lewis.

F1Aussie
02-11-2015, 23:25

I can't see how it stopped him, I don't believe Rosbergs tyres were any worse than Hamilton's and ham was not pressuring nico prior to the stop

apexatspeed
03-11-2015, 20:43
Yeah, it is a pretty crazy idea to think they intentionally let Rosberg win.

Who do you guys think will have the Manor seats next year? They should have a massive jump in performance since they will be actually using a current car. Also they will have help from Mercedes.

I was thinking it would be Pascal Wehrlein and Rossi, but now I am hearing Stevens' sponsors are willing to shell out a huge lump of money if Stevens can keep the seat.

Schnizz58
03-11-2015, 21:10
I thought Rossi & Stevens were both already confirmed for next year.

Pink_650S
03-11-2015, 23:14
Stevens deserves another year imo. Rossi did well too.
Never understood why they took Mehri (money obviously), but he was already a backmarker in the DTM.

I would love to see Manor closing the gap.

apexatspeed
04-11-2015, 02:45
I thought Rossi & Stevens were both already confirmed for next year.

I haven't seen anywhere say Manor confirmed drivers. If you have a source that says that I'd appreciate it.

I wouldn't give Stevens a seat over Pascal Wehrlein who has proven he can race well on track and just won DTM (with a load of help). Stevens has been beaten 4 times by a guy who hadn't drive the car until a couple weeks ago. That doesn't look good. Because of those results I'd take Rossi over Stevens.

But yeah I'd enjoy seeing Manor race Sauber and McLaren next year.

Schnizz58
04-11-2015, 04:59
I thought I heard it during a broadcast of a race but I could be wrong. Also I agree with you about Wehrlein.

balderz002
04-11-2015, 06:36
I felt sorry for Max Chiltern. Shame Marussia/Manor could sort their stuff out before he got a drive in America (iirc?).

Team principal is going too isn't he? Graham Lowdon and someone else are making way I believe

F1Aussie
04-11-2015, 07:04
I think things are looking shaky for Manor again, two of their bigwigs are walking away due to issues with the owner of the team and i think i heard or read that other employees arent happy either. It would be interesting to know why.

m355y
04-11-2015, 07:49
Never understood why they took Mehri (money obviously), but he was already a backmarker in the DTM.

I would love to see Manor closing the gap.

I don't think Stevens has done much this season. He was at a big weight advantage (about half a second a lap if reports were accurate) at the start of the season, as time wore on Merhi started beating him and Rossi has come in and pretty much outperformed him from the word go. Stevens is probably marginally more impressive there than Max Chilton was, but I don't honestly think either are F1 drivers on pure merit.

Wehrlein, Vergne, Magnussen would probably immediately be a fair chunk faster than Stevens I think. If any of their current drivers are retained it should be Alex Rossi, surely.

Dunno what the hell's going on there though - when they got the Mercedes deal and the technical partnership with Williams (? - I think?) all looked rosy but now all their bigwigs seem to be jumping ship. Dunno what's going on with Renault buying Lotus either, there seem to be fresh doubts about that one particularly given that Palmer and Maldonado have been confirmed there.

balderz002
04-11-2015, 10:06
It could be instigated by the new owner, this corperate restructuring. The chap who owns the energy company OVO. Maybe he thinks the team need a new direction with this new technological development

chig88
04-11-2015, 11:33
http://planetf1.com/news/rbr-rule-out-renault-for-2016-due-to-hopelessness/

This guy is coming off like a real tool now.

Ok Renault have been off the pace but relentlessly attacking an engine partner who played a big part in all of their championships is just classless.

Given the performance in recent races I'd argue the Renault engine would still be the best choice for Red Bull next year. Instead, it's the team themselves who have been left looking 'hopeless'.

Bealdor
04-11-2015, 11:39
That's Mateschitz to a T unfortunately.
He's a die hard business man. If he can't see his team (no matter if Motorsport, Football or whatever) winning in the near future he has zero issues even to threaten with withdrawal with no regard for anything/anyone else.

balderz002
04-11-2015, 11:53
Looks like Suzie Wolff has given up on F1 now aswel. Saw her on BBC Breakfast, kind of batted off questions about Top Gear...........

m355y
04-11-2015, 13:05
I know this is dangerous ground here, but I don't think Susie Wolff retiring is a massive blow to the chances of women succeeding in motorsport. She brought publicity which is positive, but objectively a 33 year old, married to one of F1's big power-players, after a recent career of running near the back in the DTM was never going to make a genuine prospect for an F1 race seat regardless of their gender.

Simona De Silvestro would have stood a better chance had her funding not run out when she was on Sauber's books.

Silraed
04-11-2015, 13:22
I think just carrying the name Wolff was enough to potentially jeopardise Susie's Formula 1 career, I'll probably take flack for saying this but I don't believe she really had the pace to warrant a seat at a front running team anyway. I will admit however that it can be argued she never really got a chance to show her true pace.

Dunno what the hell's going on there though - when they got the Mercedes deal and the technical partnership with Williams (? - I think?) all looked rosy but now all their bigwigs seem to be jumping ship. Dunno what's going on with Renault buying Lotus either, there seem to be fresh doubts about that one particularly given that Palmer and Maldonado have been confirmed there.

According to AutoSport, Renault staff have already started integrating into the Lotus factory and Bob Bell will be returning to the soon to be renamed Renault squad after having left Manor. I wouldn't be surprised if a few other staff members jumped ship to Renault, not just from Manor either.

balderz002
04-11-2015, 15:05
IMO, the big nail in Susies coffin was when Bottas was poorly, and she didnt get the seat. Now some feminists might cry sexism, but when the team boss is Claire Williams.......... It mustve meant something!

On the Manor front. Does anyone really expect them to be duking it out with the midfield?

m355y
04-11-2015, 15:14
only when they're being lapped.

apexatspeed
04-11-2015, 19:15
Susie Wolff announcing retirement allows for someone else to get a test seat at a good team. It is clear that the only reason that she got that seat was because of her relationship with a team owner. BUT we should be clear that half the drivers on the grid are in F1 because of who they know. My real issue is that she never won a single professional race prior to entering F1.

I'm pretty sure she couldn't qualify for a super license anyway. Someone should correct if I am wrong because the rules to get one are way to complicated.

m355y
04-11-2015, 20:16
Susie Wolff announcing retirement allows for someone else to get a test seat at a good team. It is clear that the only reason that she got that seat was because of her relationship with a team owner. BUT we should be clear that half the drivers on the grid are in F1 because of who they know. My real issue is that she never won a single professional race prior to entering F1.

I'm pretty sure she couldn't qualify for a super license anyway. Someone should correct if I am wrong because the rules to get one are way to complicated.

Thing is, the young girls and women who were inspired by Susie Wolff's F1 participation are exactly the people who maybe weren't aware of the fact she was only there because she married Toto Wolff - if it's sparked new interest in a career in motor racing and in a few years we see some really good female drivers coming through, then she did her job.

It's getting closer - there are some good female drivers, De Silvestro successful in IndyCars and Jamie Chadwick just won the British GT4 championship at the age of about 17. Beistke Visser has shown flashes of pace in FR3.5, etc.

Schnizz58
04-11-2015, 20:26
Christina Nielsen

apexatspeed
04-11-2015, 20:35
I definitely won't discredit her for helping bring girls and women into racing. She gave it a shot and I think most people would use their relationships to get ahead if they are given the opportunity. Jos 'the douche' Verstappen has a daughter in kart that is grooming to be a racecar driver. We will see how that goes.

apexatspeed
04-11-2015, 20:36
Christina Nielsen

Is a beast in the GT3 field. I'm excited to see what she does in 2016.

GT_Racing
04-11-2015, 23:04
Christina Nielsen

Is dope as _____. Use your imagination.

GT_Racing
04-11-2015, 23:06
I definitely won't discredit her for helping bring girls and women into racing. She gave it a shot and I think most people would use their relationships to get ahead if they are given the opportunity. Jos 'the douche' Verstappen has a daughter in kart that is grooming to be a racecar driver. We will see how that goes.

A beating for every place short of a podium. Max gets one for everyone lower than tenth. I dont know if Jos likes to fight men so now that Max is 18 it might be a problem.

m355y
05-11-2015, 07:53

Absolutely. I do totally agree though that Susie Wolff would never have got anywhere near an F1 car without marrying Toto and blatantly wasn't anywhere near good enough to be there on merit. People slate Danica Patrick but she was at least competitive in IndyCar and winning a race there was massive, so NASCAR backmarker though she may be it's still proper progress. Never heard of Christina Nielsen to be honest - but she sounds promising. I've been impressed with Jamie Chadwick though. I can't think of many other 16/17 year olds who could do what she's done in an Aston GT4 car this year, male or female. She'll hopefully be a BTCC star in the future at least.

wombat666
06-11-2015, 11:38
De Silvestro looked very comfortable in the qualifying sessions for the Bathurst 1000, shame she missed out on the race as the car was trashed in the first stint.
Hope she is back next year with a good team.

chig88
06-11-2015, 16:05
http://planetf1.com/news/two-manors-one-engine/

Interesting. Looks like Red Bull may now have to resort to running unbranded Renault engines & improving the engine themselves. Which makes them look even more idiotic than previously.

Perhaps they should've made absolutely sure they could get a competitive engine elsewhere before throwing their toys out of the pram?

Schnizz58
06-11-2015, 16:23
http://planetf1.com/news/two-manors-one-engine/

Interesting. Looks like Red Bull may now have to resort to running unbranded Renault engines & improving the engine themselves. Which makes them look even more idiotic than previously.

Perhaps they should've made absolutely sure they could get a competitive engine elsewhere before throwing their toys out of the pram?
Ya think? That was one of the dumbest moves ever. Hey let's publicly trash our engine supplier and just assume we'll be able to get a new supplier next year.

balderz002
06-11-2015, 17:43
I'll be honest, I think if RB and the Ilmer honcho can make that Renault engine better than what Renault can do next year, I see the losers being Renault.

Innerspace_HQ
08-11-2015, 00:49
Personally I would love it, just f***ing love it if Renault pissed all over RB next year. That 4 year smugfest and subsequent fall out with Renault last couple of years has made them my least favourite team on the grid. Threatening to pull out of F1.... that whole "my ball" attitude when you're losing is incredibly childish, not becoming of a global brand imo.

Whether it'll happen or not remains to be seen, Renault have had great success in the past, they've smart people in their employ so it's not completely beyond the realms of reality.

m355y
08-11-2015, 08:31
Totally agree. When they were winning there was always this "why does everybody hate Red Bull?" question, articles in magazines etc, asking why they were so unpopular with the public. THIS is why. When they win, they're unbearably smug about it all. When they stop winning, you get World War 3, lashing out at all the people who helped them achieve in the first place. This 'we can do better ourselves' attitude with the engine - I really hope Renault kick their arses next season.

apexatspeed
08-11-2015, 09:01
Everyone hates red bull and I love it! :biggrin-new:

Innerspace_HQ
09-11-2015, 01:04
Totally agree. When they were winning there was always this "why does everybody hate Red Bull?" question, articles in magazines etc, asking why they were so unpopular with the public. THIS is why. When they win, they're unbearably smug about it all. When they stop winning, you get World War 3, lashing out at all the people who helped them achieve in the first place. This 'we can do better ourselves' attitude with the engine - I really hope Renault kick their arses next season.

It also doesn't help that their key figures are some of the least personable people around. I'm not a fan of Christian Horner, there's something sickeningly false about him, and as for Dietrich Mateschitz, I think he does himself enough damage externally in F1 without me adding anything. His recent outbursts have been fairly universally slated by the wider F1 community and the paddock alike. He's not a racer, he's a tyra... erm, a tycoon. I heard Christian Horner say something along the lines that when DM speaks, people should listen. Why? Take your ball and go, impetulant child. It's a double edged sword in that the grid needs cars, and RB effectively run 4. I hope that the Haas approach works out, it might make it more attractive for new teams and as such RB might matter less and less.

The other hope I have is that Renault will have been working with their engine long enough by next year to give them the advantage needed to show up RB. I would take great pleasure if the 2015 winter was all they needed to produce a decent engine. I don't even really care where they are in the pecking order, as long as they're beating RB.

chig88
11-11-2015, 15:27
Oh dear.

http://planetf1.com/news/cota-chairman-i-think-were-screwed/

Schnizz58
11-11-2015, 15:36
Well, that's not good.

bc525
11-11-2015, 17:38
Oh dear.

http://planetf1.com/news/cota-chairman-i-think-were-screwed/

Oh man, that’s horrible news. COTA is a fantastic facility and the perfect venue for the USGP. It sounds like they’ll need private investors in order to continue with F1 in the future.

How exactly can the facility force the State of Texas to pay if the state refuses to? Go to Federal Court? That could take years, and by that time the USGP will be removed from the F1 calendar (or maybe moved to another venue).

This is shaping up to be a bad situation for COTA.

Jezza819
11-11-2015, 17:58
Oh man, that’s horrible news. COTA is a fantastic facility and the perfect venue for the USGP. It sounds like they’ll need private investors in order to continue with F1 in the future.

How exactly can the facility force the State of Texas to pay if the state refuses to? Go to Federal Court? That could take years, and by that time the USGP will be removed from the F1 calendar (or maybe moved to another venue).

This is shaping up to be a bad situation for COTA.

Dang it!!!! :mad: