PDA

View Full Version : Project cars is like

Moerin
24-05-2015, 16:38
Is Project cars, like Forza motosport 4, on the xbox?
I really liked that you got so much cars on Forza 4, and that you could tune, and all to the max :).
Can you do the same on Project cars?
Is project cars, a simulator, or more like NFS?

Rob Prange
24-05-2015, 16:42
You can "tune" cars the way racing drivers two, tweak the setup to get the most out of the car on any given track/at any given conditions.

You can't however upgrade your car with new parts or something like that, if that's what you're talking about.

Spirit X
24-05-2015, 16:43
More like heroin.

Moerin
24-05-2015, 16:46
Can you add spoilers, side bumpers? Change engine etc? lower the car, etc?

Rob Prange
24-05-2015, 16:50
Can you add spoilers, side bumpers? Change engine etc? lower the car, etc?

No, you can't do anything that a racing team wouldn't perform on the car while at the track.

Mahjik
24-05-2015, 16:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAyhvg5mSLA

Take a look at some videos online...

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 17:00
It's a racing simulation. It's not an arcade game like NFS games. The cars can be modified regarding setup (change suspension settings, tyres, aero etc) but you can't bolt after market parts on like in NFS, these are already track cars or high performance cars, in this type of game there isn't much need for aftermarket parts such as spoilers (partly because a lot of cars already feature spoilers for downforce). Hope that's cleared it up a bit for you.

LADY GEMMA JANE
24-05-2015, 17:29
Buy it, you wont be disappointed if you like racing games

crimsonrejekt
26-05-2015, 17:05
Buy it, you wont be disappointed if you like racing games

wrong. you will be disappointed if you fell in love with racing games because of forza 4. You can not modify the car at all; all you can do is fine tune the way the car already comes (tire dynamics, suspension dynamics, transmission gearing, and aerodynamics). Forza 4 was ground breaking because of the amount of cars (around 400 vs PCars 80), the variety of tracks (and introduction of fujimi kaido), and improved on an already challenging racing sim engine. This game merely catches up to the level of vehicle detail of forza 5 and gt, slightly surpasses current racing sim physics, and matches the market level of track detail.

To sum it up, Project Cars is like another PC flight simulator that focused heavily on the physics and miniscule fine tuning, but advertised as the next conventional racing game for everyone.

amazed
26-05-2015, 17:13

jimmyb_84
26-05-2015, 17:16
an Alfa Romeo....

When it's all working properly it's just brilliant!

Pirategenius
26-05-2015, 17:22
wrong. you will be disappointed if you fell in love with racing games because of forza 4. You can not modify the car at all; all you can do is fine tune the way the car already comes (tire dynamics, suspension dynamics, transmission gearing, and aerodynamics). Forza 4 was ground breaking because of the amount of cars (around 400 vs PCars 80), the variety of tracks (and introduction of fujimi kaido), and improved on an already challenging racing sim engine. This game merely catches up to the level of vehicle detail of forza 5 and gt, slightly surpasses current racing sim physics, and matches the market level of track detail.

To sum it up, Project Cars is like another PC flight simulator that focused heavily on the physics and miniscule fine tuning, but advertised as the next conventional racing game for everyone.

Forza did not have 400 different cars. It was also very arcadey. PCars is a SIM. It mimics reality. The physics are one of the best I've played. I have played all racing games and sims. Before I played this, I was always on iRacing and GTR2 these were the bench marks for the car physics. This game is as good if not better. Mainly because of the weather.
As usual damage models are governed by the manufactures. So can't be modelled accurately. I enjoyed the Forza franchise but love PCars. Before you all moan I'm no fan boy just an ex racer who appreciates a good sim.

Roger Prynne
26-05-2015, 17:24
Forza did not have 400 different cars. It was also very arcadey. PCars is a SIM. It mimicks
PCars is a SIM. It simulates :rolleyes:

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 17:42

Would this be forza "motorsport " no stop that's funny right there.

Serous forza Is a great driving game lots of cars to collect but never really use but ah you can paint them all with pretty patterns after your 2 lap warm up sorry race my bad.

If you like "Racing" and you play driving game's Pcars is a must have.

Both are good at the market their aimed at, but in terms of motorsport there chalk and cheese.

Pirategenius
26-05-2015, 17:55
PCars is a SIM. It simulates :rolleyes:

Mimic means to imitate. Which is the same as simulate. So I believe I am correct to use the wording.

HBR-Roadhog
26-05-2015, 18:49

Forza 4 was not ground breaking in either of those. The track you mention was in Forza 3 and in Forza 4 it is actually not as good as it was in 3 due to the static sun and shadows they added making it to dark in places and to bright in others was better on Forza 3. As for number of cars nothing ground breaking there, game came out after GT5 and had 1/2 as many cars as GT. Forza 4 also removed two very good tracks in the Bugatti circuit and the full Rally Positano (sp?)

Where Forza stands out is online which was better in Forza 2 than 3 or 4, with its livery editor and the wide selection of upgrade parts.

PCars is a different type of game. It has deeper tuning options than any console game out there much more so that Forza or GT. The cars handle more true to life and of course we have weather and track temps. It also has more cars on track than the others and an adjustable AI that is faster than Forza or GT.

Sankyo
26-05-2015, 19:04
Project CARS is like too much to handle for some race game players when lifelike features get called bugs (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27975-Critical-Bug).

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 19:06
Project CARS is like too much to handle for some race game players when lifelike features get called bugs (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27975-Critical-Bug).

I love this comment.

Old skool hemi
26-05-2015, 19:18
I love this comment.

I dont like it, not everyone can play sims but like motorsport. Most comments made on this forum are from people who can race on the game but are playing in bugged out lobbys or glitchy single player.. im not ranting but your comment is ignorant...

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 19:34
I dont like it, not everyone can play sims but like motorsport. Most comments made on this forum are from people who can race on the game but are playing in bugged out lobbys or glitchy single player.. im not ranting but your comment is ignorant...

An ignorant comment, ok.

Sankyo
26-05-2015, 19:34
Not having a dig at anyone in particular or in general with that comment, just stressing the fact that pCARS is much deeper than many people realize.

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 19:39
Not having a dig at anyone in particular or in general with that comment, just stressing the fact that pCARS is much deeper than many people realize.

It's about time you reined your sence of humour in really what are you like :smiley_simmons: