PDA

View Full Version : Every. Car. Is. Different.

Bigsteviet
24-05-2015, 17:31
Full stops in title for emphasis.

OK, I love both Forza and GT, and while the cars may feel different in many ways (heavier, slower to turn, less grip), you still always drive them kinda the same.

Not in PCars. You need to learn how each car handles to put in a decent lap time. Some you can jam on the brakes, some you need to feather them. Some aren't bothered by weight transfer, others need a fine touch on turn-in. I'm not bashing other games - I still love them - but bugs and issues aside, SMS have made Polyphony and T10 look just a little bit lazy. OK, a lot...

Despite all the problems at launch, IMHO THAT is the ideal that all driving games should aspire to. Give me 24 truly distinct cars and a ton of tracks over re-hashed versions of the same old circuits and hundreds of cookie-cutter cars.

Kudos where it's due (get the reference?)

Feuerdog
24-05-2015, 17:35
PGR reference,...nice.

I agree.
Unique cars. Unique feels. Unique tuning.

The way it should be,....just needs a bit more tweaking.

Spiny Anteater
24-05-2015, 17:48
Despite all the problems at launch, IMHO THAT is the ideal that all driving games should aspire to. Give me 24 truly distinct cars and a ton of tracks over re-hashed versions of the same old circuits and hundreds of cookie-cutter cars.

Got to agree with that. I find myself doing much more testing in PCars to get the car dialed in (or even just basically set up) than I have in the more recent versions of Forza. And even then, I still only feel like I'm scratching the surface - the tuning side of things has sucked me in to the extent that I'm still only on Season One. Yes, the controller bugs are annoying and I'm really looking forward to the patch going live to sort them out, but other than that I'm loving this game so far.

Bobbydakid
24-05-2015, 18:10

OK, I love both Forza and GT, and while the cars may feel different in many ways (heavier, slower to turn, less grip), you still always drive them kinda the same.

Not in PCars. You need to learn how each car handles to put in a decent lap time. Some you can jam on the brakes, some you need to feather them. Some aren't bothered by weight transfer, others need a fine touch on turn-in. I'm not bashing other games - I still love them - but bugs and issues aside, SMS have made Polyphony and T10 look just a little bit lazy. OK, a lot...

Agree 100%, you really have to adjust your driving style for each car. I'd much rather have less cars that are unique than hundreds that all drive similar. I personally think the cars and physics in Project Cars are amazing.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 18:15

Great post. We're not perfect, we know that. We have bugs, we know that and we're fixing them. But we've put a lot of passion and effort into this and we'll continue to do so.

Issysdad
24-05-2015, 18:49

^^ This ^^

I was so disappointed when I first put the game in. Couldn't string a decent lap together and thought that the game didn't match the hype.

Then I realised that I was driving like I do in Forza and GT.

As soon as I concentrated on the car and the handling the game for me at least, came alive. I was having this conversation with a guy I was racing with last night. This game is not easy to jump into and do well, but for those laps where you hit every apex and make good progress the satisfaction is immense. This game has not left my console since launch and I genuinely love it.

Mowzer
24-05-2015, 19:48
I could not agree more with you OP I've played both GT and Forza for years they were an are great but Project Cars is in another whole level of feeling I love it ��.

maccabhoy12
24-05-2015, 20:17
^^ This ^^

I was so disappointed when I first put the game in. Couldn't string a decent lap together and thought that the game didn't match the hype.

Then I realised that I was driving like I do in Forza and GT.

As soon as I concentrated on the car and the handling the game for me at least, came alive. I was having this conversation with a guy I was racing with last night. This game is not easy to jump into and do well, but for those laps where you hit every apex and make good progress the satisfaction is immense. This game has not left my console since launch and I genuinely love it.

That's exactly where the hate is coming from.
People moaning about bugs, yes there are bugs but every game now has them and you could say also are not 100% so it's no different. The other half of complaints are people who say they want a sim racer then when the get one claming it is unrealistic as if they have f1 experience to compare it too. The handling is on a different level to everything else on xbox and playstation.
As for the bugs I'm happy having and enjoying it now rather than waiting till every single glitch is ironed out. If someone dose find it unplayable because of the bugs why not give them time it is getting patches to fix so just wait till then which you would have to do if the game was delayed anyway.
Also final point people moaning about ian bell and devs replies on here and stela stigs video( who I also like) my reply to that is I think it's great they take the time to come answer questions and also ask for ideas to improve the game in what other game forum do you get such interaction usually it's just answers straight from a PR book instead of answers to the questions that are asked

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 20:18
Thanks Macca. I agree with you.

ctd
24-05-2015, 20:21
Can't we sticky this thread in some way. Tells sth everybody needs to know imo. :p

MonK3Y
24-05-2015, 21:01
I'm doing Forza vs PCars videos and enjoy comparing both games. Project CARS certainly is more demanding and each car feels truly different, but also the tracks, a lot more bumps and camber help give much more character. The fact that the steering angle is visually limited in Forza is also a disadvantage when it comes to immersion. Camera angles too.

z3r0cool77
24-05-2015, 21:06
Need a "like thread" button.

Rockefelluh
24-05-2015, 21:17
I didn't use assists with forza and same with pcars. I find a lot of the driving techniques carry over from forza. The "sense" of the car is much better in pcars as OP described.

Snowowl
24-05-2015, 22:29
It isn't just the cars in Project, but the tracks. Whereas some games "may" allow tunes for short, medium, long or "short track" or "high speed track" I have a feeling without individually tuning cars for the TRACK itself is much more important than in other games.

PeoplesChampion
24-05-2015, 23:00
That's exactly where the hate is coming from.
People moaning about bugs, yes there are bugs but every game now has them and you could say also are not 100% so it's no different. The other half of complaints are people who say they want a sim racer then when the get one claming it is unrealistic as if they have f1 experience to compare it too. The handling is on a different level to everything else on xbox and playstation.

Yeah, none of us are real drivers. I know, I, personally, learned to drive on Forza. You shoulda seen the look on the license examiners face when I hit 270 mph in my GTR.

vglnte102
25-05-2015, 03:16
I enjoy the fact they didn't flood the cars with crap no one wants. Like trucks, civics, suvs, and other junk. Should be race cars and hyper cars only.

Ryzza5
25-05-2015, 06:59
When people talk about 'hype', this is what we're on about. The feeling of driving that you just don't get in any other game (and off the mark in a lot of sims). The graphics/audio/track list is just extra sugar on top.

maccabhoy12
25-05-2015, 07:13
Yeah, none of us are real drivers. I know, I, personally, learned to drive on Forza. You shoulda seen the look on the license examiners face when I hit 270 mph in my GTR.
Your gtr was obviously a lot different from the one I had if it done 270mph.
My point being most if not all people moaning have driven a gt3/4/5 or f1 car round track it limit so saying I'd doesn't handle right is a guess. But I'm sure it's dam close. The handling on this game is the most realistic I've come across( not a pc gamer ) but compared to Forza and gt it's in a different league.

luca88
25-05-2015, 10:05
Great post. We're not perfect, we know that. We have bugs, we know that and we're fixing them. But we've put a lot of passion and effort into this and we'll continue to do so.

when you drive with the view from the case and The sound out to max, you can understand how much passion there is behind this project. keep it up! THANKS TO MR BELL AND ALL TEAM!

rauf0
25-05-2015, 10:12

Best Project CARS review, so far.

Not because it's positive, but it's truly wide angle.

PeoplesChampion
25-05-2015, 10:42
Your gtr was obviously a lot different from the one I had if it done 270mph.
My point being most if not all people moaning have driven a gt3/4/5 or f1 car round track it limit so saying I'd doesn't handle right is a guess. But I'm sure it's dam close. The handling on this game is the most realistic I've come across( not a pc gamer ) but compared to Forza and gt it's in a different league.