PDA

View Full Version : Can the Wii U run PCARS?

Pages : [1] 2

mister dog
24-05-2015, 18:23
Edit: This was originally the project cars sales thread, but as we're more than 10 pages further with off topic discussions about the Wii U i have decided to just rename the thread.
Apparently it seems the Wii U is not up to the task of running PCARS without downgrading the game a lot. PCARS was originally mentioned to be released for the Wii U, so this is the thread where people can talk about whether or not it is a good decision to cancel it, and see what Nintendo is bringing out as their next console, or if you would have preferred a downgraded version of the game on the Wii U after all.

Cheers!

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 18:26
I've heard through the grapevine that we are approaching 1 million after 2 weeks? If yes then we are on the way to compete with the big players :)
Videogame sales are a bit hard to track globally, as the only site trying to publish numbers independently is Vgchartz and they don't take into account digital sales. So it would be nice if SMS could share the figures with us regularly so we have an idea of the success of Project Cars, and how big the userbase on each platform is growing?

Or am i being cheeky for asking? :cool:

I can't give specifics, but I'll say just this.

We sold multiple millions of copies of Shift 2 while VGCharts were showing 180k sales. Ignore it is my advice.

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 18:27
Just bear in mind there is still one more format for Project CARS to be released on as well! :)

mister dog
24-05-2015, 18:32
We sold multiple millions of copies of Shift 2 while VGCharts were showing 180k sales. Ignore it is my advice.
I wonder where they get their numbers from then http://slangit.com/images/shortcuts/wordpress/shocked.png

Any chance of figures being published in the future? Quite curious to know how big the franchise will become over time, and if it can compete with first party developers like PD or T10.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 18:34
I wonder where they get their numbers from then http://slangit.com/images/shortcuts/wordpress/shocked.png

Any chance of figures being published in the future? Quite curious to know how big the franchise will become over time, and if it can compete with first party developers like PD or T10.

I'm not sure, but I could do better with toothpicks and a basket.

wraithsrike
24-05-2015, 18:36
I'm so hoping this game and the team really do well, I've got a lot of time for this team and not just because they're UK based although it is nice to see a home team on the podium, but also because of guys them selves, they come on here they join in with the community I for one wish them all the best.

wraithsrike
24-05-2015, 18:39

They are competing and competing well

Helmethead1031
24-05-2015, 18:44
Are they tracking units shipped or units sold?

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 18:45
Are they tracking units shipped or units sold?

I'm really not exaggerating, I think they're guessing. They were 1200% out on our Shift 2 sales.

This was 4 weeks in I hasten to add. It could have gotten worse. I don't know, I stopped checking their site at that point.

centurian
24-05-2015, 19:21
pCars could become one of the rare 'gems' of 2015 ~ well done guys.
Great racing when it works. Iron out the few bugs and we'll be playing this for a long time.

xLeper_Messiah
24-05-2015, 21:00
I'm so hoping this game and the team really do well, I've got a lot of time for this team and not just because they're UK based although it is nice to see a home team on the podium, but also because of guys them selves, they come on here they join in with the community I for one wish them all the best.

+1
Well except for the "home team" stuff, I'm in the US :P

Matther
24-05-2015, 21:05
I take it with the game selling so well, the WiiU version should be getting polished up as well as new innovative features? I e, gamepad integration for livery editing.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 21:05
I take it with the game selling so well, the WiiU version should be getting polished up as well as new innovative features? I e, gamepad integration for livery editing.

I can't say too much but we're awaiting E3 with baited breath.

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 21:11
I can't say too much but we're awaiting E3 with baited breath.

Ian, you have no idea how happy you have just made me :D

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 21:13
Ian, you have no idea how happy you have just made me :D

Don't read wrongly into that...

OK I'll come clean. At the moment we're running at about 23FPS on the WiiU.

We're awaiting/hoping for more of a hardware announcement at E3...

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 21:17

Ah.... So I take it you are hoping the NX is a new home console releasing kind of soon? I fear you may be disappointed as I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Nintendo aren't going to be talking hardware at E3 this year. Just out of interest what kind resolution are you hitting 23fps on? Take it that's 720p as you have said that's the target?

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 21:18
Ah.... So I take it you are hoping the NX is a new home console releasing kind of soon? I fear you may be disappointed as I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Nintendo aren't going to be talking hardware at E3 this year. Just out of interest what kind resolution are you hitting 23fps on? Take it that's 720p as you have said that's the target?

Yes.

Honestly, unless we really cut the looks back I think we're looking to Nintendo's next console. 720p yes.

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 21:25
Yes.

Honestly, unless we really cut the looks back I think we're looking to Nintendo's next console. 720p yes.

You know what Ian, I truly thank you for your honesty :) I mean that as well. Do you have any idea when we will have clarification on whether it is heading to the Wii U or not? Debating whether to try and find a limited edition copy for the PS4! (If there's any limited editions left out there). I really wanted to support this on the Wii U, hence why I haven't bought it on PS4 yet.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 21:27
You know what Ian, I truly thank you for your honesty :) I mean that as well. Do you have any idea when we will have clarification on whether it is heading to the Wii U or not? Debating whether to try and find a limited edition copy for the PS4! (If there's any limited editions left out there). I really wanted to support this on the Wii U, hence why I haven't bought it on PS4 yet.

I suppose if they don't announce something at E3 or soon after we will have a go at it.

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 21:30
I suppose if they don't announce something at E3 or soon after we will have a go at it.

I'm glad to hear it Ian, please keep us updated on the progress :)

spinkick
24-05-2015, 21:33
Can the wii-u even run pole position at 60fps?

Matther
24-05-2015, 21:36
Yes Ian thank you for the kind responses. Keep us well posted in the future.

Wolfe
24-05-2015, 22:52
Thank you, Ian, for opening up. It's a relief to have clarification on what you guys have been up to on Wii U. :encouragement: On the subject of NX, like Robbo-92 said, Nintendo has stated there will be no hardware announcement this year. Just to guess, I wouldn't expect a new console until 2017...

I can't speak for all Nintendo fans, but it's kind of implicit that those of us on Wii U aren't fussed about the best possible graphics. If something has to give, I think it would be more of a shame if gameplay features were cut back for the sake of graphics details, rather than the other way around. Nevertheless, if you guys give it a shot, you'll have my support even if you can't quite meet feature parity with the other versions (eg. number of cars in a race).

I would be more than happy enough if the Wii U version looked about the same as Shift 2 Unleashed on Xbox 360 or PS3, considering everything that's going on under the hood (weather, physics, etc.). S2U is hardly an unattractive game, then or now. There would be backlash, but Nintendo's detractors will have a field day with it no matter how good it looks, won't they? The Wii U is a popular punching bag.

Thank you again for the update. :) I apologize if I come across as presumptuous in offering my perspective on the dilemma.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 22:55
Thank you, Ian, for opening up. It's a relief to have clarification on what you guys have been up to on Wii U. :encouragement: On the subject of NX, like Robbo-92 said, Nintendo has stated there will be no hardware announcement this year. Just to guess, I wouldn't expect a new console until 2017...

I can't speak for all Nintendo fans, but it's kind of implicit that those of us on Wii U aren't fussed about the best possible graphics. If something has to give, I think it would be more of a shame if gameplay features were cut back for the sake of graphics details, rather than the other way around. Nevertheless, if you guys give it a shot, you'll have my support even if you can't quite meet feature parity with the other versions (eg. number of cars in a race).

I would be more than happy enough if the Wii U version looked about the same as Shift 2 Unleashed on Xbox 360 or PS3, considering everything that's going on under the hood (weather, physics, etc.). There would be backlash, but Nintendo's detractors will have a field day with it no matter how good it looks, won't they? The Wii U is a popular punching bag.

Thank you again for the update. :) I apologize if I come across as presumptuous in offering my perspective on the dilemma.

Thanks Wolfe, nice post.

We could reach a fairly solid 30FPS but it might take a hell of a lot of work. On the other hand, about halfway through us finishing, Nintendo might announce a new console (I have zero knowledge on this BTW but I've heard 'rumours'). Our work might just be the best thing that ever hit that new console in the driving sim genre.

So we're playing a waiting game at the moment and yes, economics do come in to it.

Wolfe
24-05-2015, 23:12
Thanks Wolfe, nice post.

We could reach a fairly solid 30FPS but it might take a hell of a lot of work. On the other hand, about halfway through us finishing, Nintendo might announce a new console (I have zero knowledge on this BTW but I've heard 'rumours'). Our work might just be the best thing that ever hit that new console in the driving sim genre.

So we're playing a waiting game at the moment and yes, economics do come in to it.
That's understandable. I see the logic of it, and I appreciate the insight.

Chances are I'll be sticking with Nintendo next time around, so I'll be on board either way. Not just for a lack of alternatives, but because I think Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 could learn a thing or two from PCARS, and their games were the reasons I bought a Playstation 2 and Xbox 360.

Robbo-92
24-05-2015, 23:29
I'll certainly be sticking with Nintendo, always have and always will! The racing simulation genre is one genre that has been rather unrepresented on Nintendo platforms and that's why I was ecstatic when you announced you would be bringing Project CARS to the Wii U. Honestly I won't lie, I'll be disappointed if Project CARS doesn't release on Wii U but that's the nature of the gaming industry, we can't have everything no matter how much we would like to :)

I fully understand where you are coming from though Ian regarding cost and reward of getting the game to run solidly on the Wii U, it's a complete guessing game at the minute regarding how Nintendo will play the next generation of consoles. On the one hand they could try and undercut Sony and Microsoft again but come out with a less powerful console or they could do the opposite, wait for Sony/Microsoft to announce their next console and then better it to try and secure more third party games.

If you support the next Nintendo console, you have my support already :)

Pink_650S
25-05-2015, 00:25
OK I'll come clean. At the moment we're running at about 23FPS on the WiiU...

As Ready At Dawn would say "To create a filmic look."
Sorry, couldnt resist :p

ZeRascal
25-05-2015, 04:18

Iwata announces the NX as the next Nintendo hardware. He then confirmed that the NX won't be properly announced before 2016, which mean at the best the NX will be launched at the end of 2016, more likely in 2017.
And the thing is, the NX is probably a new handheld, so the successor of 3DS, more than a console - a successor of the Wii U who is still young.

About sales numbers, Bandai Namco usually releases numbers for their best-selling games in their fiscal reports. Project CARS will probably be in the next one.

gp20
25-05-2015, 05:17
Not everybody is fan of cars.

Pink_650S
25-05-2015, 05:54

Then why are you here? :confused:

gp20
25-05-2015, 07:30
Then why are you here? :confused:
You are everybody?

Robhd
25-05-2015, 07:57
It would be interesting to have an idea of the sales figures v complaints ratio... Which I suspect is actually pretty tiny and would be a good indicator as to how consumers are really viewing the game.

I imagine the majority are both silent and very happy with how things are going...

I think the same is true with a lot of products.. E.g. The Thrustmaster TX, where if you believed all of the comments you read it was a great product but horrendously unreliable... Half true anyway! Like Project Cars it is a GREAT product!

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 08:07

Tbh from a players perspective, this game smashes the competition in terms of gameplay/fresh challenges (even with launch issues) wether or not it competes in the unit sales leagues is a developer/shareholder intrest.

Only question i really want answered is wether or not we will ever get to drive the Mclaren MP4/4? as I want to atempt to recreate Lap of Life at Donington(possibly make this a trophy/achievement?)

please put me out of my misery Mr Bell Sir :cool:

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 08:15

And the prize for most pointless post in the history of history itself goes to *drumroll*

mister dog
25-05-2015, 08:20
Tbh from a players perspective, this game smashes the competition in terms of gameplay/fresh challenges (even with launch issues) wether or not it competes in the unit sales leagues is a developer/shareholder intrest.
Well PCARS really is the best racing game from a sim perspective and introduces a fresh concept, so it would be nice to see how it fairs in a market dominated by popular simcade/car collecting games like GT and Forza. Sales are important to increase resources which you can then use for licensing, new materials and people, advertising... I'm sure PCARS 2 will reach the necessary budget through WMD again as its now more popular than ever, but you can never have enough money and i figure the lads @ SMS will agree :)

gp20
25-05-2015, 08:26
And the prize for most pointless post in the history of history itself goes to *drumroll*
Perhaps you need a translation.
It's not because you are a fan of a product that everybody is.
I would not be surprised that the sales of "The Witcher" will exceed the sales of PC.

I'm clear this time?

John Hargreaves
25-05-2015, 08:32
I'm clear this time?

Sorry mate, still not quite there - do you mean that not everyone likes cars, the 4 wheeled fast noisy things, or that not everyone likes project CARS, the enjoyable video game?

dungeonseeker
25-05-2015, 08:34
Iwata announces the NX as the next Nintendo hardware. He then confirmed that the NX won't be properly announced before 2016, which mean at the best the NX will be launched at the end of 2016, more likely in 2017.
And the thing is, the NX is probably a new handheld, so the successor of 3DS, more than a console - a successor of the Wii U who is still young.

About sales numbers, Bandai Namco usually releases numbers for their best-selling games in their fiscal reports. Project CARS will probably be in the next one.

Except AMD already confirmed their working on 2 new systems for Nintendo, one ARM based and one X86 based. NX looks like a complete product refresh with the DS finally being dropped and the Wii being dropped for 2 brand new systems that I'm assuming will be designed to work hand in hand with each other.

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 08:36
Perhaps you need a translation.
It's not because you are a fan of a product that everybody is.
I would not be surprised that the sales of "The Witcher" will exceed the sales of PC.

I'm clear this time?

Kinda, but if i understand now then would it be fair to say...

Not everyone is a fan of "The Witcher"?

If I understand the OP then he was refering to direct competition (other sims) i.e. Forza/Gran Turismo?

Appologies in advance if nessacary not sure if i understand anything anymore :culpability:

AngelBrow
25-05-2015, 08:43
I wont be able to buy another driving game after this, apart from Pcars 2, 3 .....

Gran turismo RIP

gp20
25-05-2015, 08:43
Kinda, but if i understand now then would it be fair to say...

Not everyone is a fan of "The Witcher"?

If I understand the OP then he was refering to direct competition (other sims) i.e. Forza/Gran Turismo?

Appologies in advance if nessacary not sure if i understand anything anymore :culpability:
Yes not everyone is fan of The Witcher but IMO there is still more fans of The Witcher than there is for PC.
That's why Bloodborne is N°1 in the charts.

gp20
25-05-2015, 08:44
I wont be able to buy another driving game after this, apart from Pcars 2, 3 .....

Gran turismo RIP
I'm waiting for Codemasters and Formula One 2015.

JessicaWalter
25-05-2015, 08:45
It's the unicorn mo-cap sex scenes...pcars doesn't have any :(

gp20
25-05-2015, 08:52
It's the unicorn mo-cap sex scenes...pcars doesn't have any :(
I doubt that sex scenes in "The Witcher" are mo-cap. I've seen one and it looks pretty bad.
I assure you girls look better in real.

Both, sex scenes and mo-cap, are marketing IMO.

mister dog
25-05-2015, 08:56
From the Wii U to F12015 to the Witcher 3 and its sex scenes.
This thread doesn't seem on topic anymore lol.

gp20
25-05-2015, 09:00
Ian bell said that VGchartz lie, that's all.
You don't know how much copies have been sold. :D

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 09:08
From the Wii U to F12015 to the Witcher 3 and its sex scenes.
This thread doesn't seem on topic anymore lol.

I see Wii U relevance as it awaits launch, F1 2k15 may become relevant (if arcadey-ness has been given more simulation option) but witcher 3 is completely different genre altogether, and upon learning it has sexual content would assume it has an 18 rating, if not however then it probably should, either way sounds a bit of a nerd herder title

Verdict return to on topic before mods move thread!

Lorenza
25-05-2015, 10:35
Yes.

hello Guys, wake up !!!

I remind you that there are backers who paid to have a WiiU release.
there are games open world (NFS MOST WANTED) that are beautiful on the console and try to make me believe that you can not grow your way closed circuit?

Does not your editor which slows because of uncertain sales? Because if you are not able to do that on WiiU Poliphony digital or Turn 10 did on PS3 or Xbox 360, then you're just a broken arm band.

Thank you to keep your promises kickstarter, players have believed in you and many of us expect this WiiU release.

Sgnaw
25-05-2015, 10:55
Thanks Wolfe, nice post.

Yeah, too bad that you said something else just a few months ago.

So when we say the Wii U version is delayed in 2015 because we need a little more time, that’s all it is. We just want to make sure it’s of the same standard of all the other games. To do that, we just need a little more time. I’ve seen the Wii U version, I’ve seen it quite regularly. It’s got dynamic time of day, weather – it looks phenomenal. And the actual console itself is quite good

http://nintendoeverything.com/slightly-mad-studios-explains-project-cars-wii-u-delay-2/

What happened then? Why now you need a new hardware (LOL)? Have you forgot that a lot of Wii U owners contributed as backers on Kickstarter?
If it's about the short userbase, shortage of funds or whatever, just say it.
I'd like to have an answer from Nintendo as well, because your post is just bad PR for them.

Lorenza
25-05-2015, 11:01
Yeah, too bad that you said something else just a few months ago.

http://nintendoeverything.com/slightly-mad-studios-explains-project-cars-wii-u-delay-2/

What happened then? Why now you need a new hardware (LOL)? Have you forgot that a lot of Wii U owners contributed as backers on Kickstarter?
If it's about the short userbase, shortage of funds or whatever, just say it.
I'd like to have an answer from Nintendo as well, because your post is just bad PR for them.

It's just a bullshit, Namco Bandai don't want release this game on WiiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wpx02cD3J8

This is a preview on wiiu, quality is just perfect for this plateforme

mister dog
25-05-2015, 11:03
Ian bell said that VGchartz lie, that's all.
You don't know how much copies have been sold. :D

Hence that it would be nice to speculate about it, or who knows we get some official numbers in the end ;)

Sgnaw
25-05-2015, 11:06
It's just a bullshit, Namco Bandai don't want release this game on WiiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wpx02cD3J8

This is a preview on wiiu, quality is just perfect for this plateforme

Yeah that's quite possible, I don't understand why you've to lie like that to the same people that backed your game.

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 11:07
Lol it appears some1 ^^ opened two forum profiles on same day (today) jus to have a conversation with themself!?!

gp20
25-05-2015, 11:10
Hence that it would be nice to speculate about it, or who knows we get some official numbers in the end ;)
Frankly i don't care to know the sales. I would like that they fix the bugs and then start to release DLCs. ;)

Sgnaw
25-05-2015, 11:13
Lol it appears some1 ^^ opened two forum profiles on same day (today) jus to have a conversation with themself!?!

Or maybe some Wii U owners decided to sign in to say something?

Lorenza
25-05-2015, 11:13
It is not a legend, the XboxOne players are really not lights!

mister dog
25-05-2015, 11:14
Frankly i don't care to know the sales. I would like that they fix the bugs and then start to release DLCs. ;)

Then you are in the wrong thread amigo ;)

Lorenza
25-05-2015, 11:15
I heard the news today, so I came from and I speak.

Robbo-92
25-05-2015, 11:15
Except AMD already confirmed their working on 2 new systems for Nintendo, one ARM based and one X86 based. NX looks like a complete product refresh with the DS finally being dropped and the Wii being dropped for 2 brand new systems that I'm assuming will be designed to work hand in hand with each other.

Still just strong rumours at the moment though but for Nintendo's business style it makes sense of havig a home and portable system that can combine with each other for various reasons. I would be keen to see an idea like that become a reality though. If it were something like that I reckon it would launch at the ealiest Christmas 2017.

Sankyo
25-05-2015, 11:17
It is not a legend, the XboxOne players are really not lights!

No need for name calling please.

gp20
25-05-2015, 11:18
Then you are in the wrong thread amigo ;)
Are you sure? It talks about cars and girls after all. :)

mister dog
25-05-2015, 11:19
No need for name calling please.

Remco you mind cutting the Wii part and pasting it in a different thread with a Wii title? This so people would find the info regarding the Wii easier, and this thread isn't 90% off topic? :)

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 11:19
Hahaha roflmao lorenza/sgnaw whatever 100% busted 1 person 2 profiles talking to urself :hopelessness:

Lorenza
25-05-2015, 11:23
Hahaha roflmao lorenza/sgnaw whatever 100% busted 1 person 2 profiles talking to urself :hopelessness:

retronoob, you are stupid, but it is finally normal. Having a choice between a xboxOne and PS4, and end up choosing the Xbox One, it says a lot about your mental faculties diminished.

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 11:30
retronoob, you are stupid, but it is finally normal. Having a choice between a xboxOne and PS4, and end up choosing the Xbox One, it says a lot about your mental faculties diminished.

Im not the person having a conversation with myselves!

gp20
25-05-2015, 11:30
lol

Sankyo
25-05-2015, 11:31
Relax people, no need for this mud throwing.

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 11:34
Relax people, no need for this mud throwing.

Sorry Remco its jus so blatantly obvious, I felt I needed to point it out :rolleyes:

Boyd12
25-05-2015, 11:36
The good thing going for PCars is that there has not been a realistic Racing sim yet on the PS4. We have had no Gran Turismo yet, we had Driveclub good looking cars but not a sim.

Lorenza
25-05-2015, 11:40
Sorry Remco its jus so blatantly obvious, I felt I needed to point it out :rolleyes:

No, youre wrong, ask to Remco to confirm :hopelessness:

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 12:04
No, youre wrong, ask to Remco to confirm :hopelessness:

Ok heres where blatantly obvious comes in to it...

When i originally pointed it out, i deliberately didnt mention names, reason, to see if both profiles respond.

And you did,TWICE,instantly!

The fact your other profile hasnt responded again (because your busy arguing with this one) confirms it further

Verdict Troll (Busted)

Lorenza
25-05-2015, 12:10
Ok heres where blatantly obvious comes in to it...

When i originally pointed it out, i deliberately didnt mention names, reason, to see if both profiles respond.

And you did,TWICE,instantly!

The fact your other profile hasnt responded again (because your busy arguing with this one) confirms it further

Verdict Troll (Busted)

>cue other profile

Ok Sherlock holmes, but if you can now let go nuts, I'm still waiting an answer to my question: Slightly Mad Studios that will keep his promise kickstarter going down the development of the game on WiiU. For I do not expect a new console Nintendo 2017.

cluck
25-05-2015, 12:19
SMS never made any promise on kickstarter as Project CARS was never on Kickstarter :p (it had its own unique funding through WMD - World of Mass Development). Aside from that, plans change over time and what might have been thought possible simply appears not to be possible. For now.

Ian Bell has not categorically stated that WiiU development is over so why not all of us sit back and wait for news instead of jumping to conclusions? :)

Dorny
25-05-2015, 12:32
Ok Sherlock holmes, but if you can now let go nuts, I'm still waiting an answer to my question: Slightly Mad Studios that will keep his promise kickstarter going down the development of the game on WiiU. For I do not expect a new console Nintendo 2017.

Dude not everything goes to plan things change, budgets/funding run out, the market changes. Remember this was originally going to be a free to play PC only game that was going to have a years worth of development and was essentially SHIFT 2 engine re geared into a simulator. Then it evolved into a into a small indie PS3/360/Wii U/PC game, then halfway through that the next generation consoles came out and it was decided it was a better, to move to them which then extended the development. Also the scope of the game drastically increased.

All these changes and expansions and no increase in budget, I'm willing to bet SMS were running on next to no money or working for free in the final months. 3.75 million euros is really not that much for a game like this. So im guessing with the budget MAXed out they had to start cutting to get the game out of the door or the game collapses or worse SMS go under.

And one of those choices would of been to delay the Wii U as its the least popular platform for sims and would draw less sales from and also a very unique system that differs from the other three platforms. The Wii U uses different hardware, is weaker overall and has unique controller, and all this needs extra time and money to be done properly.
We've seen some early Pcars shots running on Wii U dev kits, so we know it was definitely been started and worked on and not just ignored. These can't be shown due toe NDA reasons.

And this BS of Pcars being mostly funded by Wii U people is again BS. It was mostly funded by PC gamers/simmers. Just because of one poll asking about your favourite format for getting Pcars on showed a fairly high number for Wii U doesn't mean anything, as it was a daft poll that could be abused easily with multiple votes from the same person, and I have a feeling groups of Wii U fans just bombarded it and distorted the results.

Remember this is a game that shouldn't exist, Publishers didn't want to fund it as they didnt see a viable market for it and were scared by GT and Forza. The only reason this game exists is due to SMS sheer determination and the community of WMD backing and supporting it. So give them a break just because one platform was delayed and not cancelled. It was either the game collapses and never sees daylight or cuts were done.

Lorenza
25-05-2015, 12:37
SMS never made any promise on kickstarter as Project CARS was never on Kickstarter :p (it had its own unique funding through WMD - World of Mass Development). Aside from that, plans change over time and what might have been thought possible simply appears not to be possible. For now.

Ian Bell has not categorically stated that WiiU development is over so why not all of us sit back and wait for news instead of jumping to conclusions? :)

Because of experience, it starts by saying that on WiiU it's difficult, then we say we canceled everything. I know that SMS does not have the same capabilities as Polyphony Digital and Turn 10, but it is possible to do good work, even sacrificing some effects! :)

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 12:57
Because of experience, it starts by saying that on WiiU it's difficult, then we say we canceled everything. I know that SMS does not have the same capabilities as Polyphony Digital and Turn 10, but it is possible to do good work, even sacrificing some effects! :)

Its not that SMS dont have same capabilities as T10/PD as they have already proved they can provide serious competition.

Its that the Wii U doesnt have the same capabilities as XB1/PS4.

My advice would be get one of the other consoles aswell as your Wii. :)

Lorenza
25-05-2015, 13:07
Its not that SMS dont have same capabilities as T10/PD as they have already proved they can provide serious competition.

Its that the Wii U doesnt have the same capabilities as XB1/PS4.

My advice would be get one of the other consoles aswell as your Wii. :)

if I wanted the power, I would have rather upgraded my pc. If I wanted the HD remaster and superior version, I have taken a ps4.
I preferred the originality and diversity of a WiiU, Nintendo's touch often makes the difference when it comes to fun to many.
For cons, I do not see why I have invested in a Xone, I try but I can not find an answer justifying the purchase of this machine inferior!
Let us never forget that turns Gran turismo 1080 / 60FPS on a single PS3. To port this project cars is possible, you just have the means to keep its promises!

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 13:28
if I wanted the power, I would have rather upgraded my pc. If I wanted the HD remaster and superior version, I have taken a ps4.
I preferred the originality and diversity of a WiiU, Nintendo's touch often makes the difference when it comes to fun to many.
For cons, I do not see why I have invested in a Xone, I try but I can not find an answer justifying the purchase of this machine inferior!
Let us never forget that turns Gran turismo 1080 / 60FPS on a single PS3. To port this project cars is possible, you just have the means to keep its promises!

Tbh if you have a pc that will run it then i urge you to play it on there, as ive played it on both xb1/pc, and pc/g27 combo is the crown jewel in terms of ultimate gameplay from my personal experience. :)

However we have veered off topic frm op's initial thread, so we should really get back on topic!

Lorenza
25-05-2015, 14:21
Tbh if you have a pc that will run it then i urge you to play it on there, as ive played it on both xb1/pc, and pc/g27 combo is the crown jewel in terms of ultimate gameplay from my personal experience. :)

However we have veered off topic frm op's initial thread, so we should really get back on topic!

powers deficiencies were never a problem for developers who have talent. #PS2Remember

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 14:26
powers deficiencies were never a problem for developers who have talent. #PS2Remember

Trying to find any way to be argumentative has always been a problem for trolls tho eh!?

mister dog
25-05-2015, 14:34
So... how about those sales huh?...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--2n_GV3oO6k/UQ5JpndfWUI/AAAAAAAAJHc/QC5d_LiaWnk/s1600/best-cry-ever.gif

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 14:36
So... how about those sales huh?...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--2n_GV3oO6k/UQ5JpndfWUI/AAAAAAAAJHc/QC5d_LiaWnk/s1600/best-cry-ever.gif

Sorry MD i tried to get back on topic

Schadows
25-05-2015, 18:53
I don't know for other countried, but here in France the game sell very well it seems.

The French association of publishers and Gfk institute release their top5 sales every week (http://www.sell.fr/top).
While it doesn't provide numbers, it is giving enough information to see how good the sales goes ... in France at least:
Week 19 (11/05-17/05) : pcars was ranked 1st in both the PS4 and X1 ranking. Both version were also ranked 1st and 2nd in the all-platform ranking. PC version was 2nd in the PC ranking.
Week 20 (18/05-24/05) : Pcars still ranked 1st in the all-platform ranking (and obviously PS4 ranking), X1 version is ranked 1st in the X1 ranking (the all-platform ranking is monopolized with 5 PS4 titles), and the PC version is ranked 3rd.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 18:54
The game is selling extremely well everywhere. Way above expectations.

deafswin77
25-05-2015, 19:01
Mr Bell due to you screwing the Wii U fans Im afraid to inform you it will be a pass for me on you're game.Not even the ps4 version ..This is what happens when you lie and steal from the fans of Wii U and this a disgrace and flat out just lazy dev..End of story! I have imformed others on our youtube channel to boycott the game

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 19:02
Mr Bell due to you screwing the Wii U fans Im afraid to inform you it will be a pass for me on you're game.Not even the ps4 version ..This is what happens when you lie and steal from the fans of Wii U and this a disgrace and flat out just lazy dev..End of story! I have imformed others on our youtube channel to boycott the game

Oh please do. We really don't want people like you buying our games.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 19:11

You won't hear this elsewhere, but in the industry we call you 'The 2%'.

You represent 2% of the purchases but create 98% of the hassle for developers by well, just what you've stated above. Going on channels to tell everyone 'don't buy this game!!' because you have some personal grief.

Honestly, if your followers are like minded people we could chop a good chunk off of that 2% in one fell swoop. You'd be doing us a great favour.

Robbo-92
25-05-2015, 19:18

Do you realise how embarrassing you sound posting stuff like that? Can't anyone have a civilised conversation about a topic nowadays? Sorry you have read rubbish like this Ian.

Also can any discussion relating to the Wii U version be posted in the Wii U thread? It will help keep other topics clean and that way all Wii U discussion is kept away from threads.

Also sorry that you have to read rubbish like this poster is posting, first thing I'll do is buy a copy for PS4 if the decision is made not to release it on Wii U! :)

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 19:19
Do you realise how embarrassing you sound posting stuff like that? Can't anyone have a civilised conversation about a topic nowadays? Sorry you have read rubbish like this Ian.

Also can any discussion relating to the Wii U version be posted in the Wii U thread? It will help keep other topics clean and that way all Wii U discussion is kept away from threads.

Also sorry that you have to read rubbish like this poster is posting, first thing I'll do is buy a copy for PS4 if the decision is made not to release it on Wii U! :)

Hey, it's not your doing Robbo.

We win both ways. He might manage to deter some more of the lunatic fringe with his efforts, but at the same time he'll bring our game to the forefront of the minds of others.

Fill your boots I say.

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 19:37

I love online trolls, those unfortunate souls who's lives are so empty and devoid of happiness, they have to waste their time coming online, opening new profiles(thats 3 today by my count), and bitching abt anybody and/or anything jus to make themselves feel important. PATHETIC, at least your sad bleeting on here means the rest of us get to enjoy avoiding one less muppet in the lobbies!

KK78
25-05-2015, 19:44
Is this the same console that few 3rd party publishers want to develop for because of the hoops Nintendo put them through? The console which has struggled from day one in sales? Has been de-listed from several major retailers world wide? Has already been surpassed in sales by the PS4 and Xbox One even though it had a year head start? Has had the vote of death from Nintendo themselves by announcing it will be replaced in the next couple of years?

Some Nintendo fans are so blinkered, on the one hand they praise Nintendo for their 1st party offering (which is indeed good) but then castigate 3rd party devs when they won't downgrade their games to operate on this last gen system. Nintendo has for a long time marginalised and made it incredibly difficult for 3rd partys to get games on their systems so Ninty fans would do well to stop crying when the outside world gives not one flying **** about 3rd party games not coming out on the doomed Wii-U. The first place that scorn should go is Nintendo themselves but god forbid that will ever happen :rolleyes:

fadasemuito
25-05-2015, 19:46
sorry, not more.
I was waiting for this game a long time.
But not more, just cancel the wii u version, I see it's inevitable so do not lubridiem who still hold.
For the rest, I just signed up here today for expressing my dissatisfaction.
I will not buy this game for any other platform, he wanted only to my Wii U.

Goodbye.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 19:46
sorry, not more.
But not more, just cancel the wii u version, I see it's inevitable so do not lubridiem who still hold.

Goodbye.

Bye,

But you've just joined this second. It's all happening so fast...

amazed
25-05-2015, 19:49
Like Moths to a lightbulb, only to discover its a candle instead.....

Kitt
25-05-2015, 19:51
Glad its selling well,damn fine game,that deserves all the success it gets.

Darth Praxis
25-05-2015, 19:52
I do thank you Mr. Bell so very much for finally giving those of us who have long been waiting for more news on Project CARS for the Wii U information on this version. I cannot however say that I am terribly pleased with the news, but at this point I am unfortunately not suprised to hear that development has been struggling. I think my biggest frustration with the information you've so kindly provided is how it stands in sharp contrast with the tone and enthusiasm that was once displayed by both yourself and Slightly Mad as a team in prior press releases, stating how well it seemed the Wii U build was coming along.

Make no mistake, I am well aware of the level of responsibilities that likely sit squarely upon your shoulders every day and can only assume how much pressure you are under to make the correct decisions that hopefully place your company on a successful path for each product you develop.

That being said, I still maintain that this decision to place the Wii U version of Project CARS on an indefinite hiatus so as to concert your efforts on what must be viewed as far more viable platforms that traditionally are more receptive to such third party efforts, was sorely mishandled and this refocusing of assets is more likely the reason that the Wii U version now seemingly sits on the precipice of cancellation.

I must conclude that due to their technical capabilities development on the PC, PS4 and Xbox 1 versions bypassed the limits that the Wii U's hardware had thusfar saddled your team with during early development. But if no co-development on Wii U was being performed concurrent with these other more advanced builds, it is very clear how terribly far behind the Wii U version now is, and would likely take an extremely long time and serious dedication now to try and satisfy not only your enthusiastic Nintendo customers but your own benchmarks for the game to be acceptable in your own eyes.

As was stated by others in this thread Nintendo has been fairly clear that they plan no public release of information at this years E3 on their upcoming replacement for the Wii U, their system codenamed "NX". But that isn't to say that behind closed doors they wouldn't be willing to begin negotiations for releasing Dev Kits for the new console this close to it's potential release with anyone in the developer community willing listen....or sign a contract. Perhaps this is the information that you imply will be made available this coming E3. I do hope that is the case. But I cannot say that I will then support you and your company at that point.

Again I thank you for finally divulging your plans regarding what might have been the Wii U version. I am by no means happy with your decision and have to state that keeping us completely in the dark while development for all other versions was openly discussed and advertised has been detrimental to your reputation within the Nintendo community. And even though I can understand your decision from a business perspective, I cannot in good conscience respect the way you and your company decided to treat and show no respect to the Wii U community as a whole. If anything it has only given creedence that developers could care less about us!

Good day sir.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 19:54
I do thank you Mr. Bell so very much for finally giving those of us who have long been waiting for more news on Project CARS for the Wii U information on this version. I cannot however say that I am terribly pleased with the news, but at this point I am unfortunately not suprised to hear that development has been struggling. I think my biggest frustration with the information you've so kindly provided is how it stands in sharp contrast with the tone and enthusiasm that was once displayed by both yourself and Slightly Mad as a team in prior press releases, stating how well it seemed the Wii U build was coming along.

Make no mistake, I am well aware of the level of responsibilities that likely sit squarely upon your shoulders every day and can only assume how much pressure you are under to make the correct decisions that hopefully place your company on a successful path for each product you develop.

That being said, I still maintain that this decision to place the Wii U version of Project CARS on an indefinite hiatus so as to concert your efforts on what must be viewed as far more viable platforms that traditionally are more receptive to such third party efforts, was sorely mishandled and this refocusing of assets is more likely the reason that the Wii U version now seemingly sits on the precipice of cancellation.

I must conclude that due to their technical capabilities development on the PC, PS4 and Xbox 1 versions bypassed the limits that the Wii U's hardware had thusfar saddled your team with during early development. But if no co-development on Wii U was being performed concurrent with these other more advanced builds, it is very clear how terribly far behind the Wii U version now is, and would likely take an extremely long time and serious dedication now to try and satisfy not only your enthusiastic Nintendo customers but your own benchmarks for the game to be acceptable in your own eyes.

As was stated by others in this thread Nintendo has been fairly clear that they plan no public release of information at this years E3 on their upcoming replacement for the Wii U, their system codenamed "NX". But that isn't to say that behind closed doors they wouldn't be willing to begin negotiations for releasing Dev Kits for the new console this close to it's potential release with anyone in the developer community willing listen....or sign a contract. Perhaps this is the information that you imply will be made available this coming E3. I do hope that is the case. But I cannot say that I will then support you and your company at that point.

Again I thank you for finally divulging your plans regarding what might have been the Wii U version. I am by no means happy with your decision and have to state that keeping us completely in the dark while development for all other versions was openly discussed and advertised has been detrimental to your reputation within the Nintendo community. And even though I can understand your decision from a business perspective, I cannot in good conscience respect the way you and your company decided to treat and show no respect to the Wii U community as a whole. If anything it has only given creedence that developers could care less about us!

Good day sir.

Yup, and if you need to pass this on, we really dislike Nintendo users.

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 19:55
sorry, not more.

Goodbye.

4 profile today!

Bye
Cya
Chow
:cool:

Pirategenius
25-05-2015, 19:58
Ian just wondering do you have any say in the sale price. As I was in a well known games shop today and they were selling the standard version for Ģ59 and the limited edition for Ģ70

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 19:59
Ian just wondering do you have any say in the sale price. As I was in a well known games shop today and they were selling the standard version for Ģ59 and the limited edition for Ģ70

None whatsoever. That's all down to the distributer.

Pirategenius
25-05-2015, 20:00
Fair enough looks like they are profiteering of your success.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 20:02

I certainly hope so. We're all here to make money.

It gives us a better chance of securing them for future games.

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 20:04

So are we the gamers tho with an awesome sim, but our profit is great times instead of financial gain! ;)

Pirategenius
25-05-2015, 20:07
Well I did see quite a few people buying the game for consoles. Even at those prices

x-vision
25-05-2015, 20:10
@Ian Bell

The difference between good and bad developers is a magic word that I donīt know if you know or use, but you never mentioned: OPTIMIZATION. It is not all or nothing. There are MANY things you can do to make that port run at an acceptable framerate, and not just wait for a new console that you know it wont appear until 2016 or 2017 and go back on your promises (and bounty ;) ) for WiiU

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 20:12
I certainly hope so. We're all here to make money.

It gives us a better chance of securing them for future games.

When do we get the chance to race the devs online? ;)

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 20:13
@Ian Bell

The difference between good and bad developers is a magic word that I donīt know if you know or use, but you never mentioned: OPTIMIZATION. It is not all or nothing. There are MANY things you can do to make that port run at an acceptable framerate, and not just wait for a new console that you know it wont appear until 2016 or 2017 and go back on your promises (and bouunty ;) ) for WiiU

5 profiles today :hopelessness:

Juho Turunen
25-05-2015, 20:14
I can't give specifics, but I'll say just this.

Shift-series was awesome. I got them both on release, and those games were mostly the reason i got so excited about Project Cars in the first place.

Too bad WiiU doesn't have the power...but consider that as a challenge! Old-school coders can do miracles with weak hardware so just recruit a bunch of some old-school hardcore coders and in no time the WiiU version will reach 60fps@1080p!!! Ok, i was being little sarcastic there :D

Neil Bateman
25-05-2015, 20:15
@Ian Bell

The difference between good and bad developers is a magic word that I donīt know if you know or use, but you never mentioned: OPTIMIZATION. It is not all or nothing. There are MANY things you can do to make that port run at an acceptable framerate, and not just wait for a new console that you know it wont appear until 2016 or 2017 and go back on your promises (and bouunty ;) ) for WiiU

I'm sure ian is on the phone now to all the devs asking if any of them have heard about this "optimization" thing, its a new one on me.

gp20
25-05-2015, 20:16
@Ian Bell

Difference is a pasta party.

Bad developers do code which look like a rat nest and good do clear code well constructed with no bugs.

Robbo-92
25-05-2015, 20:17
Shift-series was awesome. I got them both on release, and those games were mostly the reason i got so excited about Project Cars in the first place.

Too bad WiiU doesn't have the power...but consider that as a challenge! Old-school coders can do miracles with weak hardware so just recruit a bunch of some old-school hardcore coders and in no time the WiiU version will reach 60fps@1080p!!! Ok, i was being little sarcastic there :D

I like your attitude! For a game like Project CARS I would be delighted if all of the physics/weather engines could be there on Wii U and the game run at 720p/30fps.

gp20
25-05-2015, 20:20
I wonder why SMS has worked first for EA and is in freelance mode today?
What changed?

flyoffacliff
25-05-2015, 20:23
Yes.

I actually hope they cancel the WiiU version, and use their resources to fix the game on other platforms.

x-vision
25-05-2015, 20:27
I actually hope they cancel the WiiU version, and use their resources to fix the game on other platforms.

Yeah!! f*ck the WiiU users, triple f*ck the bounties!!

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 20:29
Yeah!! f*ck the WiiU users, triple f*ck the bounties!!

Dont forget the italian plumbers, the princess, yoshi and the big monkey!

wraithsrike
25-05-2015, 20:37
A good development team is one that communicates with its audience.

It's not available for the Wii you haven't lost a penny If you haven't contributed into it's development move on

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 20:44
A good development team is one that communicates with its audience.

As for the Wii, I know I'm going to get flamed here but I really don't get it, my boy has a Wii but we didn't contribute any monies into the development of this game so we simply see it wasn't available so instead I brought us a xbox.

I'd be curious to know how many of you moaning about the Wii actually contributed to the development of this game, for all those that didn't
contribute simply buy the game fora compatible system, you come on here with no clam and let's face it little to no input only to moan about a system that you have zero idea of what's involved to make function.

It's not available for the Wii you haven't lost or contributed a penny. Move on.

At least 5 of the complaining profiles in this thread alone are the same troll, he/she was even having a conversation with his/herself this afternoon lol

Sir-Taun
25-05-2015, 20:52

I don't know if you read my comment in the other thread, but I'd like to thank you again for engaging the community & letting us know about your difficulties with the Wii U version.

Now personally I'm assuming you were being sarcastic in your response. However, you might want to be more careful as news sites could take this as a true statement. That would just makes things worse. I'm a PC & Wii U user, & even 'knowing' you were joking I can't help but be a little bit offended. Don't let Nintendo users' disappointment cause you to act in an unprofessional manor. How is that going to help the situation?

Juho Turunen
25-05-2015, 20:53
I don't know if you read my comment in the other thread, but I'd like to thank you again for engaging the community & letting us know about your difficulties with the Wii U version.

Now personally I'm assuming you were being sarcastic in your response. However, you might want to be more careful as news sites could take this as a true statement. That would just makes things worse. I'm a PC & Wii U user, & even 'knowing' you were joking I can't help but be a little bit offended. Don't let Nintendo users' disappointment cause you to act in an unprofessional manor. How is that going to help the situation?

Only thing i see here is Nintendo-fans being unprofessional...

gp20
25-05-2015, 20:54
lol this thread is funny.

Robbo-92
25-05-2015, 20:55

Hope I'm not one of the ones being unprofessional..... I feel I've handled myself quite professionally for an online forum!

Darth Praxis
25-05-2015, 20:57
l'm sorry if my frustration in some way offended you Mr. Bell, but your response to my post was uncalled for. You can do and say anything you please of course but dismissing me and my comments after I have spent the better part of a year garnering support for your game not only via word of mouth in the Wii U community but also in actually building a peripheral for the proposed Wii U version is exceptionally insulting.

Clearly I don't matter. Feel free to continue to dismiss me at your leisure!

Juho Turunen
Hope I'm not one of the ones being unprofessional..... I feel I've handled myself quite professionally for an online forum!

Well, i should've put Nintendo-fans under quotation marks. "Nintendo-fans". All they do is make real nintendo-fans look bad :/

wraithsrike
At least 5 of the complaining profiles in this thread alone are the same troll, he/she was even having a conversation with his/herself this afternoon lol

I've been reading all these B/S threads - posts now for days and now this Wii stuff, these people have not contributed to this game but feel they have the right to be as rude as they like and have a clam to what SMS should have done or do and it would appear most are expert graphics designers.

If it's not available for said system you buy it for one that it is available for, you don't come on here and start telling the guy how to run his business.

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 20:59

And a fellow yorkshireman aswell :cool: oww doo

Sir-Taun
25-05-2015, 20:59

How am I being unprofessional? And how is it professional for the head a studio to state "we really dislike Nintendo users."? I'm pretty sure it was just a snide sarcastic response, but it isn't professional. His earlier replies were much more level headed & constructive.

wraithsrike
25-05-2015, 21:01

And you know he wrote that how? Because it has his name in the little box lol

Kitt
25-05-2015, 21:02
Dont see what all the fuss is about,do that many people still play the wii u thingy.Thought it was just for people who wanted to dance around there living room

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 21:02
Hmm possibly a 6th, not sure yet tho

wraithsrike
25-05-2015, 21:04
How am I being unprofessional? And how is it professional for the head a studio to state "we really dislike Nintendo users."? I'm pretty sure it was just a snide sarcastic response, but it isn't professional. His earlier replies were much more level headed & constructive.

You try remaining level headed and constructive when your surrounded by those that can only be described as ....... dam I can't think of the word guess I'll have to let you fill the blank , Personally I think the guy deserves a medal for not kicking your arses out of here.

Bealdor
25-05-2015, 21:09
Let's calm down a little bit please.

No need to call people "idiots". Thanks.

wraithsrike
25-05-2015, 21:19
Let's calm down a little bit please.

No need to call people "idiots". Thanks.

My apologies, I have edited.

Sir-Taun
25-05-2015, 21:27
You try remaining level headed and constructive when your surrounded by those that can only be described as ....... dam I can't think of the word guess I'll have to let you fill the blank , Personally I think the guy deserves a medal for not kicking your arses out of here.

I'm not saying it isn't understandable, but you are basically saying that because a few Nintendo users are overly upset he's allowed to tell off ALL Nintendo users. I don't think he meant it, so I was offering constructive criticism was all. And again I say, why would I get kicked out of here? What have I done or said to deserve such treatment.

Sir-Taun
25-05-2015, 21:29
And you know he wrote that how? Because it has his name in the little box lol

I don't KNOW, but it was written from his account. I read said post which was a reply to a Nintendo poster, then I replied. While it's possible that someone hacked his account, I'll wait until he says so himself.

David McKenna
25-05-2015, 21:29
Well done to all those involved in such a great game.

RetroNooB
25-05-2015, 21:33

You the FM painter by the same name?

wraithsrike
25-05-2015, 21:36
I'm not saying it isn't understandable, but you are basically saying that because a few Nintendo users are overly upset he's allowed to tell off ALL Nintendo users. I don't think he meant it, so I was offering constructive criticism was all. And again I say, why would I get kicked out of here? What have I done or said to deserve such treatment.
So it's ok to lay into him but not for him to recuperate? Really what are you people like.

At the moment it is not available for the Wii. No amount of debate Is going to change that, so best to get on with life.

Sir-Taun
25-05-2015, 21:40

I'm looking forward to this game on PC when I get a wheel later this year. But I'm really happy to hear the PS4 version is doing so well. I expect the PC sales to be slow & steady until some sales occur. Much of the buyers on PC have been conditioned to act that way. But since most PC users don't buy physical they don't have to worry about inventory the same way as consoles.

I wonder if the few tech issues that have been happening of Xbox One has effected sales much? If so, hopefully they'll come back after the problems are fixed.

bmanic
25-05-2015, 21:45
I wonder why SMS has worked first for EA and is in freelance mode today?
What changed?

http://www.businessinsider.com/ea-voted-worst-company-in-america-2013-4?IR=T
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/04/09/ea-voted-worst-company-in-america-again/

.. now think about it how "nice it is to work for EA as a developer". Yeah. :)

bmanic
25-05-2015, 21:48

You took him literally? Dude.. you need to check out some of Ian's posting history. Just read this thread and the "Information on Nintendo versions of pCARS (some wailing)" thread.. then consider his words. Also keep in mind the guy has extremely dark/dry humor.. and he is a Wookie.

Robbo-92
25-05-2015, 21:51
You took him literally? Dude.. you need to check out some of Ian's posting history. Just read this thread and the "Information on Nintendo versions of pCARS (some wailing)" thread.. then consider his words. Also keep in mind the guy has extremely dark/dry humor.. and he is a Wookie.

Let the Wookie win.

Sir-Taun
25-05-2015, 21:55
So it's ok to lay into him but not for him to recuperate? Really what are you people like.

You sound like a Platformist. Kinda like a racist, except for gaming platforms. Apparently ALL Wii U users are the same & ALL of us are attacking him, & therefore we ALL deserve to have our head bit off for saying ANYTHING.

I think fans like you are a disservice to developers like this. They are trying to communicate a difficult situations & you are just lashing out at people who have done nothing to you. If you want to fight back against unreasonable posts, fine. But don't try and sensor reasonable debate.

I never attacked him or the company. In fact, I plan on buying the game for PC. But as someone who has backed a number of games for both Wii U & PC, I have my own perspective on hearing the Wii U version may not come to fruition. Between the two of us, you are the ONLY one who has been insulting fellow posters. I ask you again, name one thing that I as 'Sir-Taun' have posted that resembles anything you are saying?

P.S. I mean no disrespect btw, but I believe you meant reciprocate, not recuperate.
EDIT: Although, I guess he probably is sleeping seeing as its night in the UK, lol. So I guess reciprocate would work too.

Sir-Taun
25-05-2015, 22:00

Oh I didn't personally take him seriously, I grew up in the NYC area so I'm familiar with dry sarcasm. But its hard to convey tone on the internet. And I was trying to warn him before a news site picked it up & quoted him as serious. Not to mention foreign language users often miss sarcasm. My basic point was when representing a company, its advisable to leave the dry sarcasm out of serious interactions like this. Tensions are high & he's liable to be misunderstood.

wraithsrike
25-05-2015, 22:05
You sound like a Platformist. Kinda like a racist, except for gaming platforms. Apparently ALL Wii U users are the same & ALL of us are attacking him, & therefore we ALL deserve to have our head bit off for saying ANYTHING.

I think fans like you are a disservice to developers like this. They are trying to communicate a difficult situations & you are just lashing out at people who have done nothing to you. If you want to fight back against unreasonable posts, fine. But don't try and sensor reasonable debate.

I never attacked him or the company. In fact, I plan on buying the game for PC. But as someone who has backed a number of games for both Wii U & PC, I have my own perspective on hearing the Wii U version may not come to fruition. Between the two of us, you are the ONLY one who has been insulting fellow posters. I ask you again, name one thing that I as 'Sir-Taun' have posted that resembles anything you are saying?

P.S. I mean no disrespect btw, but I believe you meant reciprocate, not recuperate.

Yes typo/predicted text oops not to worry, but you have a nice day, me I'm off to bed.

Bealdor
25-05-2015, 22:05
...But its hard to convey tone on the internet...

I'd still like to ask you (all) to stay away from unnecessarily heating up discussions. Try to formulate your posts as if you'd be talking to each other in person.

Edit: The "racist" comparison was especially uncalled btw.

Sir-Taun
25-05-2015, 22:10
I'd still like to ask you (all) to stay away from unnecessarily heating up discussions. Try to formulate your posts as if you'd be talking to each other in person.

Edit: The "racist" comparison was especially uncalled btw.

I don't consider the racist comment uncalled for. I wasn't using it as an insult. My apologize for not making that clear. I was using it to show that if wraithstrike had replaced Nintendo users with Black, it'd show that the pattern isn't based on reason, but on blanket assumptions. I hadn't said anything against him, but he was lashing out at ALL Nintendo users. I in no way meant to imply that wraithstrike was bad like a racist. Just that he wasn't addressing me as an individual.

wraithsrike
25-05-2015, 22:13
I don't consider the racist comment uncalled for. I wasn't using it as an insult. My apologize for not making that clear. I was using it to show that if wraithstrike had replaced Nintendo users with Black, it'd show that the pattern isn't based on reason, but on blanket assumptions. I in no way meant to imply that wraithstrike was bad like a racist. Just that he wasn't addressing me as an individual.

Can we leave comments like racialist out please, Thankyou.

Edit: I will reply to you no more.

Bealdor
25-05-2015, 22:15
I don't consider the racist comment uncalled for. I wasn't using it as an insult. My apologize for not making that clear. I was using it to show that if wraithstrike had replaced Nintendo users with Black, it'd show that the pattern isn't based on reason, but on blanket assumptions. I hadn't said anything against him, but he was lashing out at ALL Nintendo users. I in no way meant to imply that wraithstrike was bad like a racist. Just that he wasn't addressing me as an individual.

Yes, I understand that didn't meant to imply that but keep in mind that a lot of members here are not native english speakers that can easily misunderstand those postings.

Just stay away from using those phrases in future. Thanks. :)

wraithsrike
25-05-2015, 22:20
Yes, I understand that didn't meant to imply that but keep in mind that a lot of members here are not native english speakers that can easily misunderstand those postings.

Just stay away from using those phrases in future. Thanks. :)

I am native English speaking and to call/refer to someone as a racist in any vain is not acceptable, the guy does not know me does not know my culture or colour or value, at least I had the decency to apologies for my name calling.

But to call a person you do not know a racist is wrong.

TheChris1
25-05-2015, 22:27
;(

On the day they announced the Wii U version will be delayed I knew I will be disappointed once again... but I still had hope because I want the game really badly and Andy Tudor said it will be great and they just need more time...

I will be heartbroken if the Wii U version is canceled. I've waited years for the game and there is no alternative on the platform... yes, I could buy another console/PC but nevertheless I want to play this on my Wii U.

Just do what's possible on Wii U and as long as you achieve (almost...) stable 30fps I'll be happy. Everyone understands that it's not "High-End" hardware.

Also, you don't have to stick to 720p. The resolution can be lower if necessary. Need for Speed Most Wanted U runs at a native resolution of 704p and the overall visual impression is great. Maybe you could implement an option to turn of the GamePad screen, too... I don't think it helps but I'm not an expert at these things.

To wait for new Nintendo hardware is useless at the moment. For PCars 2 yes (whenever it's coming) ok, but not for the first one. Like several people here said, info about NX will be shared next year. Moreover it's not even save to say that it's a Wii U successor. When you look at the lifespan of Nintendo Handhelds, 2016 fits perfectly for the reveal of a 3DS successor. The only things known about NX are that it will have "a brand new concept" and that it will not be "a simple replacement for Wii U and 3DS."

Please bring the game to Wii U!

And btw in my opinion you should simply ignore people who insult you. I know that you do your best and I appreciate your work. :)

Insults are just their childish way to show their disappointment.

Sir-Taun
25-05-2015, 22:28
Yes typo/predicted text oops not to worry, but you have a nice day, me I'm off to bed.

Good night. Let's hope we all have calmer nerves after a good nights sleep.

P.S. I do understand why some of the comments got to you & others. Some of the Wii U users not only got upset, but started making assumptions about how things work at SMS. And some of those comments were naive & insulting for anyone familiar with business.

I mean it's not just about the Wii U being weaker than the other platforms, but the fact that those platforms are x86, while the Wii U is a PowerPC cpu. SMS would have had to be doing fully concurrent development on both the PC & Wii U version to get it close to optimized enough. As it is, it makes perfect sense to make the PC the lead platform & do their best to get the game to work on the other platforms.

After reading what Ian had to say, I joined so I could post my perspective & share some possible suggestions for approaches for further optimization (in the other thread). Ian engaged the community, & I tried to engage back constructively. From the time difference, I'm guessing he's in bed though. So I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what else he has to add.

Sir-Taun
25-05-2015, 22:35
I am native English speaking and to call/refer to someone as a racist in any vain is not acceptable, the guy does not know me does not know my culture or colour or value, at least I had the decency to apologies for my name calling.

But to call a person you do not know a racist is wrong.

Re-read my post. I didn't call you a racist. I said your attitude towards Wii U owners was LIKE a racist. It was an analogy to provide a definition of Platformist. You were making blanket statements about a whole group based on a few people's bad behavior, i.e. stereotyping. Perhaps it would have been better to say you were acting prejudice against Wii U owners, i.e. prejudging me based on other's behavior.

I hope our future interactions can be based on us addressing each other directly as individuals.

Bealdor
25-05-2015, 22:37
OK this discussion ends now please. Take it to PM if you want to discuss this further.

hraki
25-05-2015, 22:49
Sad news! I was hopping to play the game on my Wii U. The first racing simulation game for the console!

Well but I still have hope you guys will make it! do your best :D

Pink_650S
25-05-2015, 22:56
;(

On the day they announced the Wii U version will be delayed I knew I will be disappointed once again... but I still had hope because I want the game really badly and Andy Tudor said it will be great and they just need more time...

I will be heartbroken if the Wii U version is canceled. I've waited years for the game and there is no alternative on the platform... yes, I could buy another console/PC but nevertheless I want to play this on my Wii U.

Just do what's possible on Wii U and as long as you achieve (almost...) stable 30fps I'll be happy. Everyone understands that it's not "High-End" hardware.

Also, you don't have to stick to 720p. The resolution can be lower if necessary. Need for Speed Most Wanted U runs at a native resolution of 704p and the overall visual impression is great. Maybe you could implement an option to turn of the GamePad screen, too... I don't think it helps but I'm not an expert at these things.

To wait for new Nintendo hardware is useless at the moment. For PCars 2 yes (whenever it's coming) ok, but not for the first one. Like several people here said, info about NX will be shared next year. Moreover it's not even save to say that it's a Wii U successor. When you look at the lifespan of Nintendo Handhelds, 2016 fits perfectly for the reveal of a 3DS successor. The only things known about NX are that it will have "a brand new concept" and that it will not be "a simple replacement for Wii U and 3DS."

Please bring the game to Wii U!

And btw in my opinion you should simply ignore people who insult you. I know that you do your best and I appreciate your work. :)

Insults are just their childish way to show their disappointment.

Why do you refuse to buy another console?
I dont understand people that only own a WiiU, you miss out on a lot.

AllTheHoneys
25-05-2015, 23:10

You could say the same to anyone with a single console, especially if they also enjoy PC gaming. A lot of times it comes down to games and/or money. For me it's time. I only have so much time to spend playing games, so when it comes to consoles I prefer Nintendo's because I'm not going to find any of their stuff on my PC that isn't necessarily legit, recent, or as it was intended to be played.

As far as the studio's responses go, you're doing real well with the PR. I sincerely hope you keep it up.

Pink_650S
25-05-2015, 23:15
You could say the same to anyone with a single console, especially if they also enjoy PC gaming. A lot of times it comes down to games and/or money. For me it's time. I only have so much time to spend playing games, so when it comes to consoles I prefer Nintendo's because I'm not going to find any of their stuff on my PC that isn't necessarily legit, recent, or as it was intended to be played.

As far as the studio's responses go, you're doing real well with the PR. I sincerely hope you keep it up.

I do say the same to those people.
But in my opinion, only owning a Nintendo console is the "worst scenario" of all.
Because those people miss out on many must play titles, such as... well ldk PROJECT CARS?
As l said, thats my opinion. If people enjoy playing the 142nd Mario game, thats fine with me.

JessicaWalter
25-05-2015, 23:19
i think her point was not many people buy solely a nintendo system if theyre interested in the latest multiplat console games because nintendo consoles are a generation behind and mostly have nintendo games on them.

AllTheHoneys
25-05-2015, 23:24
I do say the same to those people.
But in my opinion, only owning a Nintendo console is the "worst scenario" of all.
Because those people miss out on many must play titles, such as... well ldk PROJECT CARS?
As l said, thats my opinion. If people enjoy playing the 142nd Mario game, thats fine with me.

Worst scenario? Depends on the games you're into. The Mario hyperbole is quite the straw man in more ways than one.

Matther
25-05-2015, 23:36
I own a WiiU a PS4 and the PC. I wanted this game on WiiU as well as backed this game in hopes of a WiiU version. Its not about the game graphics or art. Its about how I feel when playing the game. The WiiU has so much potential yet no one is tapping into it. I have this for PC but it doesn't bring me the same enjoyment as games on my WiiU would.

Pink_650S
25-05-2015, 23:38
i think her point was not many people buy solely a nintendo system if theyre interested in the latest multiplat console games because nintendo consoles are a generation behind and mostly have nintendo games on them.

Yea, or into games in general.
You just cant have a wide variety of games when a WiiU is your only console.

Pink_650S
25-05-2015, 23:44
Worst scenario? Depends on the games you're into. The Mario hyperbole is quite the straw man in more ways than one.

Worst scenario isnt the perfect term, l know. English isnt my native language.
My point is, people that want to experience all sorts of videogames, dont just own one concole, that goes especially for Nintendo consoles.

Sir-Taun
25-05-2015, 23:56
Sad news! I was hopping to play the game on my Wii U. The first racing simulation game for the console!

Well but I still have hope you guys will make it! do your best :D

I'm still trying to figure out how to do a sim-racer without analog shoulder buttons. I know most people just floor it, but not having the option to have analog input just seems like a problem. I guess you could use a combination of taking your foot off the gas, or hitting the gas & brake simultaneously. I wonder how SMS is handling this issue...

Even though I'm getting the PC version first later this year, I can't say I'm not interested in pCARS for Wii U. I am curious how the gamepad might be used. And honestly I really like offscreen play. It makes me wish I could get the gamepad working with my PC.

Dorny
26-05-2015, 00:00
I'm still trying to figure out how to do a sim-racer without analog shoulder buttons. I know most people just floor it, but not having the option to have analog input just seems like a problem. I guess you could use a combination of taking your foot off the gas, or hitting the gas & brake simultaneously. I wonder how SMS is handling this issue...

Even though I'm getting the PC version first later this year, I can't say I'm not interested in pCARS for Wii U. I am curious how the gamepad might be used. And honestly I really like offscreen play. It makes me wish I could get the gamepad working with my PC.

I have had a Wii U pad working on my PC via bluetooth and had it setup to work on Pcars and it worked fine for throttle. Remember back in the days of PSX where we used X for throttle and square for brake, that was digital and you can still apply input assists to help. Obviously not as as good as analogue triggers but its not end of the world stuff. Also the Wii U pad has two analogue sticks so you could use the right one for throttle and brakes like you could on earlier GT games.

Midnight90
26-05-2015, 00:08
Hello, im new here, actually i made the registration to comment the Wii U situation, i dont wanna start another war but i think its a lack of respect for the Wii U users, lets not forget that many of them helped you to get the money in the kickstarter and with the divulgation of the same in their sites, blogs, youtube channels, etc, i understand the problems you may have, but insted of cancel the game why not keep working to overcome the problems, im no expert in that kind of problems, but im sure that like most of the problems there is a solution.
I also have to say that i didnt like the way people of the studio are speaking to the Wii U owners, you ask for them to understand your side, but you dont try to understand their side, imagine people that supported you all this time, and now you say that the game they wanted will not come out o the system they have..sick no? I saw people here saying that the Wii U owners should buy another system, but in my piont of view this is as stupid as it sounds, not everyone are rich, many can only buy one console, the one they like most or even the cheapest, in both cases may be the Wii U, and even people that have money to spend dont have to buy another console that they dont like to play a game that was planned for the Wii U, i fit in my exemples, i dont have Money to spend like crazy in games, and i dont like the PS4 and the Xbox One, and PC i dont like to play games, so im one of many that because of this cant play your game.
Its a shame that devolopers of today think more about profit and so and less in games and gamers, whe are more numbers than persons.
thank you

Sir-Taun
26-05-2015, 00:09
I have had a Wii U pad working on my PC via bluetooth and had it setup to work on Pcars and it worked fine for throttle. Remember back in the days of PSX where we used X for throttle and square for brake, that was digital and you can still apply input assists to help. Obviously not as as good as analogue triggers but its not end of the world stuff. Also the Wii U pad has two analogue sticks so you could use the right one for throttle and brakes like you could on earlier GT games.

Good ideas! I wonder if a touchscreen sliding throttle would work? Kinda like always on cruise control.

So when you say you've gotten the gamepad working on PC, does that include streaming video & sound to the gamepad? And if so, how's the latency compared to Wii U use?

Sir-Taun
26-05-2015, 00:26
Hello, im new here, actually i made the registration to comment the Wii U situation, i dont wanna start another war but i think its a lack of respect for the Wii U users, lets not forget that many of them helped you to get the money in the kickstarter and with the divulgation of the same in their sites, blogs, youtube channels, etc, i understand the problems you may have, but insted of cancel the game why not keep working to overcome the problems, im no expert in that kind of problems, but im sure that like most of the problems there is a solution.
I also have to say that i didnt like the way people of the studio are speaking to the Wii U owners, you ask for them to understand your side, but you dont try to understand their side, imagine people that supported you all this time, and now you say that the game they wanted will not come out o the system they have..sick no? I saw people here saying that the Wii U owners should buy another system, but in my piont of view this is as stupid as it sounds, not everyone are rich, many can only buy one console, the one they like most or even the cheapest, in both cases may be the Wii U, and even people that have money to spend dont have to buy another console that they dont like to play a game that was planned for the Wii U, i fit in my exemples, i dont have Money to spend like crazy in games, and i dont like the PS4 and the Xbox One, and PC i dont like to play games, so im one of many that because of this cant play your game.
Its a shame that devolopers of today think more about profit and so and less in games and gamers, whe are more numbers than persons.
thank you

I agree with much of your post, especially how some users have treated Wii U owners today. But there are some factual errors in your post. pCARS wasn't Kickstarted, it was crowdfunded using their own site if I understand correctly. And I don't think they announced Wii U as a platform until the very end, or maybe soon thereafter.

The problem is basically that Wii U owners got their hopes up & even started talking up the game on Nintendo enthusiast sites. Combine that with a healthy dose of overoptimistic statements from SMS about the Wii U port, & its easy to understand how upset many Wii U owners are at this news. I guarantee you that some of the people who say they won't buy the game even if it does come out are just disappointed that the Wii U version wasn't given more priority earlier on, which is understandable. But what the people who lash out at SMS don't get is that it isn't just that Wii U isn't as powerful as PS4 etc, but its based on an entirely different architecture. That doesn't mean there isn't a solution to the problem, but SMS has to do a cost benefit analysis to determine how long it'll take to get from 23fps to 30fps. And time is money, so the longer it takes, the more it costs. I wonder if a digital only release would make a difference?

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 01:01
even people that have money to spend dont have to buy another console that they dont like to play a game that was planned for the Wii U, i fit in my exemples... and i dont like the PS4 and the Xbox One, and PC i dont like to play games, so im one of many that because of this cant play your game.

Well, if you dont like the PS4, XB1 or the PC (for whatever reason:confused:) then you cant expect to get the same games the superior plstforms get. Its just a fact that the WiiU cant handle massive games, such as Project Cars.

thank you

Every developer thinks about profit, they have families too and need to bring food to the table. But SMS is clearly on the good side of the industry.

Wolfe
26-05-2015, 01:05
I don't feel like I'm missing out on any must-have games that are worth the expense and hassle of another console. We each have different preferences.

I've done the multi-console thing before -- I bought a Playstation 2 to complement my GameCube, and an Xbox 360 to complement my original Wii. I use the PS2/360 to play racing games. They are barely used for anything else. I originally bought them for Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, but those games no longer interest me like they once did, so I have no allegiance to Sony or Microsoft.

To get my racing game fix, I'd be better off buying a faster PC. If I was desperate to play a new racing game right now, that's what I would do, so I could play Project CARS and Dirt Rally. For now, I'm patient enough to wait and see what SMS decides to do. Computer parts are cheaper by the month.

Sir-Taun
26-05-2015, 01:21
To get my racing game fix, I'd be better off buying a faster PC. If I was desperate to play a new racing game right now, that's what I would do, so I could play Project CARS and Dirt Rally. For now, I'm patient enough to wait and see what SMS decides to do. Computer parts are cheaper by the month.

Not a bad idea to get a new PC this fall / winter. With Windows 10 & Steam machines coming out this fall / winter I'd say that's the best time to take the plunge. Even if you ignore Project CARS & Dirt Rally, PC really is the place for quality sims. Once you add on Assetto Corsa, it really is a sim-renaissance. Not to mention you're pretty much guaranteed to be able to use your old wheel if you have one. And by that time SMS will likely have a sale on Steam for the holidays. That should be a nice sales boom for the holidays.

I'm also crossing my fingers that Microsoft will release Forza games for Windows 10!

ramma
26-05-2015, 01:24

Are any of the Wii U issues affecting the Steam OS version? Mostly asking because Steam OS and Wii U have been paired together a lot when talking about delayed versions, but I've always assumed the differences were large enough to have one not affect the other (eg Linux/Steam OS being a much easier port).

Thanks in advance for any tidbits of info!

Jpd01
26-05-2015, 01:42

Oh wow...probably seems like someone should focus on development rather than replying to users and handling communication.

As a multi-console owner who was waiting to see how the Wii U version panned out before choosing a platform to purchase this game on you've managed to convince me to pass on this one. Take a time out and maybe realize that at this stage most Nintendo users are multi-platform users since at least the last generation, and being childish towards them isn't an advisable position to take.
In this day and age of super-visibility making offhand quips when you are a representative of a company that surely wishes to be seen as professional is quite strange to do.

Midnight90
26-05-2015, 01:43
I agree with much of your post, especially how some users have treated Wii U owners today. But there are some factual errors in your post. pCARS wasn't Kickstarted, it was crowdfunded using their own site if I understand correctly. And I don't think they announced Wii U as a platform until the very end, or maybe soon thereafter.

The problem is basically that Wii U owners got their hopes up & even started talking up the game on Nintendo enthusiast sites. Combine that with a healthy dose of overoptimistic statements from SMS about the Wii U port, & its easy to understand how upset many Wii U owners are at this news. I guarantee you that some of the people who say they won't buy the game even if it does come out are just disappointed that the Wii U version wasn't given more priority earlier on, which is understandable. But what the people who lash out at SMS don't get is that it isn't just that Wii U isn't as powerful as PS4 etc, but its based on an entirely different architecture. That doesn't mean there isn't a solution to the problem, but SMS has to do a cost benefit analysis to determine how long it'll take to get from 23fps to 30fps. And time is money, so the longer it takes, the more it costs. I wonder if a digital only release would make a difference?
Yes i may be wrong about the kickstarter, i probably read that they start a funding campain and belived that was on kickstarter. But even so i think my point is valid and i also agree with you on most of the things, even with a digital only release, not my favorite way to get a game but better than nothing.
You see i think they also forget that Wii U gamers dont care that mutch about the graphics, thats why we have a Wii U and not other console, but we want the experience, why not worst graphics but some good gameplay? Why not add some epic things like the gamepad gyroscope as weel or something.

Well, if you dont like the PS4, XB1 or the PC (for whatever reason:confused:) then you cant expect to get the same games the superior plstforms get. Its just a fact that the WiiU cant handle massive games, such as Project Cars.

Every developer thinks about profit, they have families too and need to bring food to the table. But SMS is clearly on the good side of the industry.
Well i dont like them because the exclusives are worst than the Nintendo exclusives in general, and way less too, in my opinion, you dont understand why people buy only a Wii U, let me tell you that i share the same opinion but to PS4 and XB1, i dont understand people that buy a PS4 or a XB1 to play one good exclusive and a lot of ports from the last gen, the only reason i find for this is that people like more good graphics than good games. You also say that the Wii U can handle massive games, i hope you are speaking just massive in graphics, because in content its more the reverse.. But i dont want to make a lot of off topic about this, even because its a matter of what people like and want, and the only reason i mention the consoles i like was for the exemple.
And yes i know money is important, but its not everything and that was my point, and the developers forget easy people that supported them (and give them money)

JessicaWalter
26-05-2015, 01:52
the "can't handle massive games" is strictly from a hardware perspective. a fan of certain games might think some snes games are better than any new games. the actual machine can't handle the workload of running something as complex as project cars.

as far as storyline and actual game elements, thats an unfortunate trend in the industry to push graphics further while using only slightly moddified actual gameplay structure. there are some great developers out there tho. i love axion verge!

TenthDan
26-05-2015, 02:05
Oh wow...probably seems like someone should focus on development rather than replying to users and handling communication.

As a multi-console owner who was waiting to see how the Wii U version panned out before choosing a platform to purchase this game on you've managed to convince me to pass on this one. Take a time out and maybe realize that at this stage most Nintendo users are multi-platform users since at least the last generation, and being childish towards them isn't an advisable position to take.
In this day and age of super-visibility making offhand quips when you are a representative of a company that surely wishes to be seen as professional is quite strange to do.

I think you might have taken Ian's comment too seriously.

I personally am now waiting to see what Nintendo offer next as a console as I don't think the WiiU ever gained the proper traction I hoped it would and the releases for it have been few and far between (though still quality and also why something like Project CARS is so anticipated).

RepeatingDigits
26-05-2015, 02:50

Wow. I'm so, so glad I checked these forums prior to purchasing this on Steam. You see, I'd rather put my money where there isn't a portion of customers/backers that is being treated like garbage. The WiiU may be weak, and people can at least be skeptical of a WiiU version, since no footage has ever been shown, but that isn't a reason to treat your own customers/backers that bad or act this childish.
This is why you always hire a good PR manager.
Oh well, what a shame. Game looked nice, but it's not worth it to support such an unprofessional dev.

Sharkz
26-05-2015, 03:14

I only registered on here to post my dislike for your comment. It was very needless and distasteful. However, SMS looks to be one of those, "Here today....gone tomorrow." type companies with your particular attitude. You think commenting like that about a smaller user base is acceptable? It isn't and it shows the entire gaming community how little you actually care about them. I would say I dislike you and SMS as well, but you won't be around for long with the attitude and practices you are showing on here. Congratulations. I bet you've made SMS proud.

Sharkz
26-05-2015, 03:28
Wow. I'm so, so glad I checked these forums prior to purchasing this on Steam. You see, I'd rather put my money where there isn't a portion of customers/backers that is being treated like garbage. The WiiU may be weak, and people can at least be skeptical of a WiiU version, since no footage has ever been shown, but that isn't a reason to treat your own customers/backers that bad or act this childish.
Oh well, what a shame. Game looked nice, but it's not worth it to support such an unprofessional dev.

Totally agree....and I hope alot more people in the gaming community see it that way as well. True colors showing there!

EpicU
26-05-2015, 04:36
Hello Ian, this is EpicU from Wii U Forums. Now, don't be alarmed as I'm not one of those haters, however, those who contributed for the game to make it's way to Wii U are angry.
Just because you dislike Nintendo users doesn't mean you can't do something about it. Speak with other devs, ask Nintendo to send a team of old-school pros and allow them to help you. I actually pre-ordered the Wii U version, but seeing as that won't be the case, I'm going to have to cancel it. :)
I only hope you gain some sense and think ahead... If not... Ask Darth! I'm also wondering, why do you hate Nintendo users, is it because we whine so much? This whining is because you and your team have not delivered the promise. Our hearts have been broken.

Shame on you, Ian, shame on you...

Now for the rage! You'd had made a nice profit if you had not lied to us about the Wii U version, and instead had posted videos, pictures and maybe even gifs for proof to your promise. Instead, you deliver nothing! Absolutely nothing! Seeing as most of the users here want you and your team to forget the Wii U version, I'll only tell you this; Project Cars has too many problems to be fixed, the steering, the drift, the field of view, and the controls! Why don't you focus on them, ensure the game runs smoothly and fix the controls! Then I'll reconsider my purchase...

By the way, nice graphics.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Zg5m8RiC6_k/maxresdefault.jpg

EDIT: After looking at some other posts and threads, I have realised I do still want PCars, however, if the game doesn't come to Wii U, I may have to still cancel it. Even though I have a PC, the Wii U is and was always my main platform.
Do you know why? I grew up with Nintendo, I matured into a young man, and by the time I was old enough to make my own choices, I knew what was going on in the wide world. I see and hear things every day.

dustyjo
26-05-2015, 06:19
ITT: taking joke posts way too seriously.

however, those who contributed for the game to make it's way to Wii U are angry.
I see this a lot and I still don't understand it. Back when most of the funding was happening a WiiU version wasn't even planned. It was originally going to be a F2P PC only game but WMD voted against that.

Neil Hopwood
26-05-2015, 06:24
ITT: taking joke posts way too seriously.

I see this a lot and I still don't understand it. Back when most of the funding happening a WiiU version wasn't even planned. It was originally going to be a F2P PC only game but WMD voted against that.

Also at the time the WiiU version was announced the Xb1 and Ps4 had not been announced (not the pcars version, the actual console).

Also some pretty major changes happened to the tyre model that made it much more CPU hungry than the previous version.

dustyjo
26-05-2015, 06:28
Yeah, back then a WiiU version made way more sense because it was as powerful if not more powerful than the other then-current-gen consoles.

Arkymedes
26-05-2015, 06:54
In my opinion, a WiiU version would be great for the company, to have a foothold in the ecosystem at least.

To achieve that, some compromises need to be taken into consideration of course. There is a huge discussion in another thread about how the AI "cheat" and that is because the AI uses a simpler version of the physics.

If the AI is fantastic the way it is, why not use that as a base for the entire WiiU version? In that way it would be less demanding AND would kill the "bug" of the AI cheating since both AI and Player would be using the same physics/tire model? :)

Obviously, I'm not taking into consideration any technical limitations for that, just an idea based on what I read here

Galaxian
26-05-2015, 08:07
They should rework the game and get rid of the bottlenecks stopping it from working properly and retitle it for WiiU.

Remove reflections,don't go for realistic skins any more,say they're radio controlled hobby cars and change the backgrounds.

4 player races. Add amiibo support for new paint job colors that match the amiibo used.

Add mii support and have the miis giant in the background watching these toy races.

Call it Slightly Mad Racing.

PC49NZ
26-05-2015, 08:37
It is not your business, nor mine or anyone else.

Sankyo
26-05-2015, 09:21

I only registered on here to post my dislike for your comment. It was very needless and distasteful. However, SMS looks to be one of those, "Here today....gone tomorrow." type companies with your particular attitude. You think commenting like that about a smaller user base is acceptable? It isn't and it shows the entire gaming community how little you actually care about them. I would say I dislike you and SMS as well, but you won't be around for long with the attitude and practices you are showing on here. Congratulations. I bet you've made SMS proud.
Guys, you completely missed the sarcasm in his posting. Ian has been involved in many discussions, including about the WiiU version, on this forum and if you haven't followed that you shouldn't jump on one particular posting without knowing the history and context.

TheChris1
26-05-2015, 09:43
What I think is weird is that we didn't hear about the problems until now. Wii U hasn't a different hardware architecture since yesterday.

If the port is so problematic, why wasn't the Wii U version canceled with the Xbox 360/PS3 versions? Maybe it was because Wii U is a "current gen" (even if it's not powerful) platform but what did they think about the hardware back then? They had to know there were potential problems. Were they overly optimistic?

So because the Wii U version was still announced I thought they overcome this challenge.

Additionally Andy Tudor said this back when the Wii U version was delayed:

"When we say the Wii U version is delayed in 2015 because we need a little more time, that's all it is"

"It's got dynamic time of day, weather--it looks phenomenal"

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/project-cars-wii-u-delay-theres-no-conspiracy-dev-/1100-6422143/

With such promises it's hard to be not super disappointed as a Wii U owner. :(

EpicU
26-05-2015, 10:38
What I think is weird is that we didn't hear about the problems until now. Wii U hasn't a different hardware architecture since yesterday.

If the port is so problematic, why wasn't the Wii U version canceled with the Xbox 360/PS3 versions? Maybe it was because Wii U is a "current gen" (even if it's not powerful) platform but what did they think about the hardware back then? They had to know there were potential problems. Were they overly optimistic?

So because the Wii U version was still announced I thought they overcome this challenge.

Additionally Andy Tudor said this back when the Wii U version was delayed:

"When we say the Wii U version is delayed in 2015 because we need a little more time, that's all it is"

"It's got dynamic time of day, weather--it looks phenomenal"

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/project-cars-wii-u-delay-theres-no-conspiracy-dev-/1100-6422143/

With such promises it's hard to be not super disappointed as a Wii U owner. :(

Very true, very true. I won't say this again; give us some solid form of proof that the game does exist in it's current state!

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 10:39
Very true, very true. I won't say this again; give us some solid form of proof that the game does exist in it's current state!

Good, don't say it again. It's insulting and assumes we're liars.

Honestly, the sense of entitlement is mind blowing.

Sammykl
26-05-2015, 11:45

That's disappointing. If a GTX 460 i7 can do it at ultra 1080p on about the same FPS... why not on the Wii U...
Still not so shocking for the radeon 4000 series based Wii U GPU.

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 11:47
That's disappointing. If a GTX 460 i7 can do it at ultra 1080p on about the same FPS... why not on the Wii U...

Because the WiiU is miles away from an i7 CPU I suppose.

swansea_karl
26-05-2015, 11:59
Is the Wii U Project Cars still in development? When will we know if its coming out? Thanks :)

cluck
26-05-2015, 12:05

Because the WiiU is miles away from an i7 CPU I suppose.I detected sarcasm in Sammy's post ;). I might be wrong, but that's how I read it.

moon.sarito1
26-05-2015, 12:07
Please, Don't cancel the Wii U Version...
http://www.bazicenter.com/files/games/project-cars.png

I'm from Brazil... Where everything costs too much... mainly because of the damned taxes

I Don't have PS4 or Xbox One... a super powerful PC ? Bleh...

I just got the Wii U, Unlike other nintendo users I did not buy my console just to play Mario or Zelda...

since the announcement of Project Cars I had excited me a lot to game and since then I hope/expected ( Google Translate... )

Almost two years looking forward to the game to now read that it will possibly be canceled, and I do not even have the chance to be able to play it at once?

just imagine how I feel now ...

( Sorry for my english, i use Google Translate... )

KK78
26-05-2015, 12:11
Worst scenario isnt the perfect term, l know. English isnt my native language.
My point is, people that want to experience all sorts of videogames, dont just own one concole, that goes especially for Nintendo consoles.

I agree with this 100%, fine if you like the 1st party offering from Nintendo because it is unquestionably superb but I'd ague that offering is very linear and then you are left with nothing else. No Halo's, no Assassins Creed (god forbid) no Forza's, no Witcher, no GTA, no COD, no Skyrim, no walking dead, no Abe's oddyssey, no Tomb Raider, no Bloodbourne, no Sim City, no NFL I could go on but you get the picture.

IF Nintendo treated 3rd party devs with respect and encouraged them on board the Wii-U might have been a viable proposition.

Pink_650S
26-05-2015, 12:40
IF Nintendo treated 3rd party devs with respect and encouraged them on board the Wii-U might have been a viable proposition.

What an unexpected plot twist!
WiiU owners come here, complain about being mistreated, about greedy devs (SMS), but their beloved Nintendo mistreads 3rd party developers and not to mention the YouTube thing, where Nintendo wants 60% of the earnings people make with showing Nintendo content. Arent they a nice, customer friendly company? :)

Midnight90
26-05-2015, 13:24
WiiU owners come here, complain about being mistreated, about greedy devs (SMS), but their beloved Nintendo mistreads 3rd party developers and not to mention the YouTube thing, where Nintendo wants 60% of the earnings people make with showing Nintendo content. Arent they a nice, customer friendly company? :) They are way better than Playstation so why are you talking? Playstation is "just" the worst company ever in the way they treat the customers, it even goes to a pathetic level and that was why i stop buying that, so sorry but it need a lot of hypocrisy to you say bad about Nintendo..
Also, thats relevant to the problem? The company that had a bad atutide here was SMS, say the game will came to Wii U, then say it will not, people get angry with reason and they treat them like shi*, and you talk about respect? Let me tell you whe have difrent notions of respect, and for me people (or in the case a dev) that dont respect others dont desserve respect, i just have sorry that Nintendo is not as bad as people say to 3rd partys, if it was SNS would never release a game on a Nintendo system never again after this bad atitude.

AllTheHoneys
26-05-2015, 13:57
WiiU owners come here, complain about being mistreated, about greedy devs (SMS), but their beloved Nintendo mistreads 3rd party developers and not to mention the YouTube thing, where Nintendo wants 60% of the earnings people make with showing Nintendo content. Arent they a nice, customer friendly company? :)

Indeed, it must be Nintendo's fault for not realizing how inept SMS was at planning, management, and development. SMS clearly didn't have enough time, information, and/or experience with the Wii U in advance to know what their limits were for the platform (be they the will, time, or budget) or where they needed to expend additional resources to accomplish their goals that they were unwilling to compromise. Clearly if Nintendo was out to please YouTuber's who need to make a living, hand-held SMS as they developed the game on every platform except their own, and provided the additional resources SMS needed to achieve Bandai Namco's vision things would have been different.

That's enough sarcasm. What we have here is a multi-platform developer unwilling or incapable of doing console development. The entire purpose of a console is to have a fixed specification to target. They seem to have not payed any attention to those fixed specifications and done very little to take advantage of each; which shouldn't surprise anyone familiar with the trend for mutli-platform releases, but it's Nintendo's fault. It's Nintendo's fault that the XBox One's version is deficient as well while we're at it.

Jpd01
26-05-2015, 14:00
Guys, you completely missed the sarcasm in his posting. Ian has been involved in many discussions, including about the WiiU version, on this forum and if you haven't followed that you shouldn't jump on one particular posting without knowing the history and context.

Oh I'm sorry, how about next time IF the guy is being sarcastic he takes a moment to think before casually throwing out a comment that makes both himself and his company look foolish.

Shinzah
26-05-2015, 14:04
Clearly if Nintendo was out to please YouTuber's who need to make a living, hand-held SMS as they developed the game on every platform except their own, and provided the additional resources SMS needed to achieve Bandai Namco's vision things would have been different.

Actually, Sony and Microsoft do work with developers. Nintendo has historically been terrible with third party support. This might be sarcasm but there is a huge sprinkling of truth in it. If you want a game on your system, you help the developers make it happen. If Nintendo themselves don't see the value in having the title on the system, why should developers make games for it when there is two other perfectly viable options that DO support third parties?

That's enough sarcasm. What we have here is a multi-platform developer unwilling or incapable of doing console development. The entire purpose of a console is to have a fixed specification to target. They seem to have not payed any attention to those fixed specifications and done very little to take advantage of each; which shouldn't surprise anyone familiar with the trend for mutli-platform releases, but it's Nintendo's fault.

What we have here is an ancient console running outdated hardware at the end of its life that might be too problematic to develop for and not return much profit from doing so, and a bunch of fanboys with a failure to grasp the reality of videogame development.

Godnimon
26-05-2015, 14:12
What we have here is an ancient console running outdated hardware at the end of its life that might be too problematic to develop for and not return much profit from doing so, and a bunch of fanboys with a failure to grasp the reality of videogame development.

What we have here is a comunity that is unable to understand that there is hundreds of WiiU owners mad because a developer has lied to them, making them think that the game was amazing on WiiU and that there was no chances at all of cancellation. Here you guys have a comunity that is treating every one of those owners like shit, just making jokes about the WiiU and calling the people fanboys because they are reacting bad to a LIE. It is mindblowing.

Shinzah
26-05-2015, 14:21
What we have here is a comunity that is unable to understand that there is hundreds of WiiU owners mad because a developer has lied to them, making them think that the game was amazing on WiiU and that there was no chances at all of cancellation. Here you guys have a comunity that is treating every one of those owners like shit, just making jokes about the WiiU and calling the people fanboys because they are reacting bad to a LIE. It is mindblowing.

And hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers on other platforms.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

I'm sorry about your console bro, but sometimes reality has to set in. Either the Wii-U gets a stripped down version or it doesn't get a game at all. The developer was committed to making an effort. They tried. They found it was problematic. The console company decided against backing the title and helping out. What is the point? It would be nice to see more third party games on nintendo hardware, but if nintendo isn't supportive of developers the bottom line is that fans of the console lose out. There's more to be gained to a developer from working with and on consoles with easier to understand and newer hardware with still established playerbases.

Maybe if there's a next gen Nintendo console it'll be worth it. Right now it's not. Certainly not for "Hundreds" of Wii-U owners.

Millions might change something.

Toxic
26-05-2015, 14:34

I have read this entire thread and I do not see people making jokes about the WiiU, or treating the owners of the WiiU in a bad way.

What you do not like is that some comments in is thread are based on fact. And those facts do not sit pretty with what you want at the end of the day.

The game today runs at 23 fps according to this thread. That is unacceptable. The developer believes the most viable solution will be Nintendos next iteration of hardware.

Sadly these things happen. I am in the software industry and see the exact thing happen to both Windows, Linux and Mac releases.

Godnimon
26-05-2015, 14:37

I'm sorry about your console bro, but sometimes reality has to set in. Either the Wii-U gets a stripped down version or it doesn't get a game at all. The developer was committed to making an effort. They tried. They found it was problematic. The console company decided against backing the title and helping out. What is the point? It would be nice to see more third party games on nintendo hardware, but if nintendo isn't supportive of developers the bottom line is that fans of the console lose out. There's more to be gained to a developer from working with and on consoles with easier to understand and newer hardware with still established playerbases.

Maybe if there's a next gen Nintendo console it'll be worth it. Right now it's not. Certainly not for "Hundreds" of Wii-U owners.

Millions might change something.

WiiU is still the 22% of the console market right now. We are not talking about 4 cats, 10 milions of users is not very much, but ps4 is at 22m right now, the difference is not so big, a wiiu versioun could sell around 500k lifetime, is not a lot, but is a respectable number for a game that is already profitable, and thatīs not just a few hundreds of users.

And donīt feel sorry for my console, Iīm very happy with it, I canīt wait for Splatoon and Xenoblade, but is sad the 0 support of every third party... At least Atlus and Platinum are supporting it a bit, but I was sure that SM was going too, have they tried to talk with Nintendo? Maybe they can help them, maybe they can send engineers or something, I think Nintendo is interested in this kind of games to change its public perception, thatīs the reson behind games like Bayonetta 2 and Devilīs Third after all, so maybe they could be interested in help them. Even if the game is not a sucess they should enter on Nintendo ecosystem and start to make a fanbase among them now, imo. I think it can be very helpfull on the future, specially if NX is a major success, it has good chances, Nintendo is learning about the fails of WiiU.

Midnight90
26-05-2015, 14:44

Millions might change something. Why dont you shut up? I dont know if you are a mod here or something but you are not doing any good and its easy to see the disdain you have for the Nintendo community, you and more people here, so stop with the non sence arguments like the "hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers on other platforms", first whe dont care, dont solve anything, second its not true, what do you think this game is? Forza?

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 14:46
Why dont you shut up? I dont know if you are a mod here or something but you are not doing any good and its easy to see the disdain you have for the Nintendo community, you and more people here, so stop with the non sence arguments like the "hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers on other platforms", first whe dont care, dont solve anything, second its not true, what do you think this game is? Forza?

He's not a mod but we don't tell each other to shut up.

Please be nice.

Midnight90
26-05-2015, 14:58
He's not a mod but we don't tell each other to shut up.

Please be nice.
Im sorry do you think i was to bad with him? Imagine how we feel with the "dislike Nintendo users" and some other stuff i read here.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 14:59
Im sorry do you think i was to bad with him? Imagine how we feel with the "dislike Nintendo users" and some other stuff i read here.

Do you really honestly think I was serious when I said to a member that he should go quote that we don't like Nintendo users?

Or are you referencing something else?

AllTheHoneys
26-05-2015, 15:06

If the developer did not intend to make the effort to support the platform, they should have not purported that it would be as soon as they knew it would not be feasible. The whole treatment of the platform appears to have been handled as an afterthought despite the original intent conveyed by SMS.

The only fanboys I see participating in this discussion are the ones who want to shift the blame on the console maker. I have no problem if SMS doesn't release this game on a Nintendo platform. There are reasons I won't participate in crowd funding and this is one of them, because they changed their original targets to the detriment of some that did buy in. Those people lapped up SMS's hollow promises to reach an underrepresented genre on that particular platform.

As for third party support, more recent history has been positive and you'd be stretching the truth to continue using that as an excuse for why this studio wasn't more attentive to the platform or prepared for the obvious challenges it was going to present.

Seps1974
26-05-2015, 15:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHbvRssyvY

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:10
If the developer did not intend to make the effort to support the platform, they should have never purported that it would be supported as soon as they knew it would not be feasible.

The only fanboys I see participating in this discussion are the ones who want to shift the blame on the console maker. I have no problem if SMS doesn't release this game on a Nintendo platform. There are reasons I won't participate in crowd funding and this is one of them, because they changed their original targets to the detriment of some that did buy in. Those people lapped up SMS's hollow promises to reach an underrepresented genre on that particular platform.

As for third party support, the most recent of that history has been positive and you'd be stretching the truth to continue using that as an excuse for why this studio wasn't more attentive to the platform or prepared for the obvious challenges it was going to present.

You make a very valid point.

We knew it wouldn't be feasible just a few weeks ago when none of our optimisations were working as we hoped they would. It's our fault, no one elses. Nintendo's CPU is actually very good. We just went nuts with the detail in the tyre model when we switched to next gen systems.

Mad Al
26-05-2015, 15:11
If the developer did not intend to make the effort to support the platform, they should have never purported that it would be supported as soon as they knew it would not be feasible.

The only fanboys I see participating in this discussion are the ones who want to shift the blame on the console maker. I have no problem if SMS doesn't release this game on a Nintendo platform. There are reasons I won't participate in crowd funding and this is one of them, because they changed their original targets to the detriment of some that did buy in and lapped up SMS's hollow aspiration to reach an underrepresented genre on that particular platform.

As for third party support, the most recent of that history has been positive and you'd be stretching the truth to continue using that as an excuse for why this studio wasn't more attentive to the platform or prepared for the obvious challenges they were going to face between the different platforms.

Strangely, we, the crowd, actually had a thing called a democratic poll..... and decided on dumping the last gen platforms.. and most actually wanted to dump the Wii U too, but SMS didn't. they wanted to continue working on it... so I'm afraid you are way off again on your assertions/assumptions

Smegsterman
26-05-2015, 15:11

As for third party support, the most recent of that history has been positive and you'd be stretching the truth to continue using that as an excuse for why this studio wasn't more attentive to the platform or prepared for the obvious challenges it was going to present.

Sorry but it is outdated. so is ps4 and xbox one in context.
When they thought about wiiu is was current but its far outdated now but doesn't mean game wont look good etc just saying the hardware is pretty old (uses modified gamecube cpu), doesn't use x86 either which creates its own problems.

Midnight90
26-05-2015, 15:17
Oh please do. We really don't want people like you buying our games.

You won't hear this elsewhere, but in the industry we call you 'The 2%'.

You represent 2% of the purchases but create 98% of the hassle for developers by well, just what you've stated above. Going on channels to tell everyone 'don't buy this game!!' because you have some personal grief.

Honestly, if your followers are like minded people we could chop a good chunk off of that 2% in one fell swoop. You'd be doing us a great favour.

Bye,

But you've just joined this second. It's all happening so fast...

Im speaking of answers like this, people are angry with reason, and this dont help, i dont agree with some stuff they said either, but i understand why they are mad with SMS. But i even get your point, this gen Nintendo users are not relevant, the Wii U dont sell well, 3rd partys dont even care about the console, but i dont belive it will be forever like this, maybe in the NX or after Nintendo users will be relevant, and i hope people dont forget the companys that support their home console now and the companys that dislike them.

AllTheHoneys
26-05-2015, 15:19
Sorry but it is outdated. so is ps4 and xbox one in context.
When they thought about wiiu is was current but its far outdated now but doesn't mean game wont look good etc just saying the hardware is pretty old (uses modified gamecube cpu), doesn't use x86 either which creates its own problems.

It would surprise me if the majority of Wii U owners shared your sentiment. I imagine a large number of those owners are children who don't care much or adults who grew up and have grown apathetic toward graphical improvements (and their diminishing returns) being lauded over gameplay. Part of targeting a platform is knowing your audience.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:20
Im speaking of answers like this, people are angry with reason, and this dont help, i dont agree with some stuff they said either, but i understand why they are mad with SMS. But i even get your point, this gen Nintendo users are not relevant, the Wii U dont sell well, 3rd partys dont even care about the console, but i dont belive it will be forever like this, maybe in the NX or after Nintendo users will be relevant, and i hope people dont forget the companys that support their home console now and the companys that dislike them.

OK, you're being silly now.

The first two were responses to a clear lunatic fringe poster. Nothing to do with Nintendo.

The third is well, not worth you posting.

The forth is a clear joke to a 'disruptive member'.

Ahh, I see you've joined today. You might be both of the above.

Good effort.

Toxic
26-05-2015, 15:20

For todays homework i would like you to google 'Context' and 'Sarcasm'

Smegsterman
26-05-2015, 15:22

When you get given abuse or attack on company surely he is allowed a right of reply? dry humour is allowed and he could have said far far worse........I know I would have.

If it was written concisely and considered probably would have gotten a decent response like a few have.

Sorry seems to have missed out most of quoted text......from midnight90 post. :(

Godnimon
26-05-2015, 15:24
Can I make you a question Ian? Have you tried the game at 640p? Itīs a bit lame, I know, But tons of ps3 games were at 640p and they looked fine, Watchdogs on WiiU runs at that resolution too, and is not so bad if the game looks as gorgeous as PC does. Maybe there is more realistic chances with that resolution.

Smegsterman
26-05-2015, 15:25
Can I make you a question Ian? Have you tried the game at 640p? Itīs a bit lame, I know, But tons of ps3 games were at 640p and they looked fine, Watchdogs on WiiU runs at that resolution too, and is not so bad if the game looks as gorgeous as PC does. Maybe there is more realistic chances with that resolution.

Think Nintendo demand 720p as minimum but could be wrong.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:26

It wouldn't help. Our tyre model is saturating the WiiU's full compliment of CPU. There's not much left for anything else.

Sgnaw
26-05-2015, 15:29
I'm just waiting the first news about SMS boss disliking Nintendo users, that would be very funny to see.

Ian, after you acknowledged that you've been overpromising the Wii U version and that is your fault (SMS fault, not yours personally), I still would like to know why you mentioned NX.

Godnimon
26-05-2015, 15:30

No, watchdogs wiiu is 640p.

(And it works better than on my PC xD Ubisoft is terrible with pc games...)

Sgnaw
26-05-2015, 15:30

Correct, Nintendo standard is 720p/30FPS rock solid

Seps1974
26-05-2015, 15:32
For todays homework i would like you to google 'Context' and 'Sarcasm'

Sarcasm and Irony are two concepts that most people just ignore. Along with that they also ignore Sense of Humor.

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:32
I'm just waiting the first news about SMS boss disliking Nintendo users, that would be very funny to see.

Ian, after you acknowledged that you've been overpromising the Wii U version and that is your fault (SMS fault, not yours personally), I still would like to know why you mentioned NX.

I didn't. Search all of my posts. Not one mention of the term 'NX'. Ok I've done it now.

mister dog
26-05-2015, 15:35

I put my money on mister Butthurt here:

http://***************.net/

Edit: you can't link to other sites or is it just his site? :)

Midnight90
26-05-2015, 15:36
Sure im both, in fact there is only one Nintendo user here with five or six accounts, because you cancel the game but only one Nintendo user cares, this happen a lot to consoles like Wii U that dont sell well, we are only two in the world with a Wii U and the other only play Zelda so..
But you are a good detective, you must play a lot Ace Attorney, wait that not because its almost a Nintendo systems exclusive, you play L.A. Noire i bet, you notice that if joined today and its a Wii U owner must be the same person, the fact that the news about the game canceled was nothing to do with people join today...

Now, i have a forum, i know you can see my IP so cut the jokes with me, if yoy check that you see that i have only one account.

Toxic
26-05-2015, 15:38

Here you go.

Sgnaw
26-05-2015, 15:41
I didn't. Search all of my posts. Not one mention of the term 'NX'. Ok I've done it now.

It's the only Nintendo HW on the record and Mr. Iwata clearly said that they'll not talk about it at E3, they'll discuss it next year. You didn't answer my question.

I put my money on mister Butthurt here:

http://***************.net/

Guys, is a clear joke. But Sarcasm and Irony are two concepts that most people just ignore.

AllTheHoneys
26-05-2015, 15:44

Don't need to search, this is where you implied as much.

Moo64
26-05-2015, 15:46
there are a few "n" but not one "x"

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 15:47
Don't need to search, this is where you implied as much.

Ahh, I implied the term NX. I get it.

Midnight90
26-05-2015, 15:49

And i Forget about this one, more hardware announcement when Nintendo said that will not announce hardware is very cool lol, lets wait then, i think Sony will announce a PS5 too

Sgnaw
26-05-2015, 15:51
This is so amazing, top class mirror climbing.

Rofas
26-05-2015, 16:14
Wii U ‘Has A Horrible, Slow CPU’ Says Metro Last Light Dev
http://www.nowgamer.com/wii-u-has-a-horrible-slow-cpu-says-metro-last-light-dev/

Well-known hacker Marcan, who played a part in hacking the PS3, has found out the clock speed of the Wii U. It’s surprising how slow it is, and I’m actually having troubles even thinking that Nintendo went with something like that. It’s a well known fact that the PS3’s Cell and Xbox 360’s Xenon run at 3.0 GHZ each per core, but the Wii U CPU runs at 1.243125 GHz per core.
http://gamingbolt.com/wii-u-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-revealed-slower-than-ps3360

Only three cores running at 1.24 Ghz with probably a worse IPC than AMDs Jaguar. I was sceptical from the beginning because of that. Wii U GPU isn't great either but shouldn't be slower than PS3/Xbox 360 at least, in fact theoretical GFLOPS are better on paper.

David McKenna
26-05-2015, 16:19
You the FM painter by the same name?

The very same..unfortunately lost all my work again!!

TheChris1
26-05-2015, 16:40
I hope there will be a Wii U version of PCars. I would buy it. :)

Just do whatever is possible on Wii U and it's fine. I understand that you don't want to release a crappy version of the game but I'm sure even if some of the super high-end features won't get into the Wii U version, it's still a good game overall. Make a rework of the game with the features that fit best for the system and call it Project Cars U.

The Forza/GT games for Xbox 360/PS3 are also good, aren't they? So there is no reason a Wii U version of Project Cars can't be good.

Slightly Mad has invested money into it and when they release nothing, they get zero sales out of it. I think that's also not a good solution.

KK78
26-05-2015, 16:41
Indeed, it must be Nintendo's fault for not realizing how inept SMS was at planning, management, and development. SMS clearly didn't have enough time, information, and/or experience with the Wii U in advance to know what their limits were for the platform (be they the will, time, or budget) or where they needed to expend additional resources to accomplish their goals that they were unwilling to compromise. Clearly if Nintendo was out to please YouTuber's who need to make a living, hand-held SMS as they developed the game on every platform except their own, and provided the additional resources SMS needed to achieve Bandai Namco's vision things would have been different.

That's enough sarcasm. What we have here is a multi-platform developer unwilling or incapable of doing console development. The entire purpose of a console is to have a fixed specification to target. They seem to have not payed any attention to those fixed specifications and done very little to take advantage of each; which shouldn't surprise anyone familiar with the trend for mutli-platform releases, but it's Nintendo's fault. It's Nintendo's fault that the XBox One's version is deficient as well while we're at it.

You can't actually believe what you have just written there? In fact scratch that I'll ask you one question; Can you explain why the VAST majority of publishers/devs of hundreds of popular games across the Playstation, Microsoft and PC platforms have not developed games for the Wii-U?

Della64
26-05-2015, 16:55
I really hope that the Wii U version of this game comes out, It's definitely one of the game of the 2015 Wii U's Line up that I will buy.

I know that is a very massive game and maybe the problem is that to have it runs good on Wii U it's necessary to re-write the entire game from the beginning, since the Wii U is the only one next gen console that doesn't utilize a x86 architecture and so it's a quite different hardware from the other 2 (Sony and Msoft).

I can imagine how difficult could be the work to be done to have the game runs in a good shape on Wii U, but I hope you wouldn't delete it.

Good work guys

BITW
26-05-2015, 17:10
Please keep your promise to the Wii U owners and don't drop the Wii U version. The NX is still far away and wouldn't be acceptable for most people.

Do what you can to release this game on the Wii U please. I'm not a big Nintendo fan but I think they've suffered enough.

AllTheHoneys
26-05-2015, 17:11
You can't actually believe what you have just written there? In fact scratch that I'll ask you one question; Can you explain why the VAST majority of publishers/devs of hundreds of popular games across the Playstation, Microsoft and PC platforms have not developed games for the Wii-U?

Rather, how about you refute what I wrote with some substance rather than posing a question that has no relevance to it.

mister dog
26-05-2015, 17:15
To be honest i can't really see why people would buy a Wii U for sim orientated games. I always thought of it as a party console with colorful gimmicky games for the whole family, and the closest thing that would resemble a racing game on it being Mario Kart.

I guess it was part of the deal when PCARS was announced for PS3 and Xbox 360 a couple of years ago, maybe it should have been officially canceled alongside them too.

JessicaWalter
26-05-2015, 17:25
I don't see why people would buy a console for first person shooters with their sub-standard controls, but then we're generalizing here aren't we?

because a lot of people really like the controls and do quite well using them in fps games. however you slice it, that can't be said about the wii-u regarding complex games. it's not powerful enough for modern games.

this isn't opinion. nintendo has never had games like this in there focus when designing a console (for the past 3 generations anyway). their target audience is families and casual gamers.

AllTheHoneys
26-05-2015, 17:45
because a lot of people really like the controls and do quite well using them in fps games. however you slice it, that can't be said about the wii-u regarding complex games. it's not powerful enough for modern games.

this isn't opinion. nintendo has never had games like this in there focus when designing a console (for the past 3 generations anyway). their target audience is families and casual gamers.

I would say that there is never a need for them to. It didn't prevent similar games from being released on Sony and Microsoft's previous consoles, and there's nothing that limits the same types of games on Nintendo's. Aside from that, you seem to be completely missing the point that this was a viable game for the platform and certain decisions along the way presented challenges that will need surmounted for release on the Wii U whether that's through different approaches or compromises in the "original" vision.

pichuscute
26-05-2015, 18:16
To be honest i can't really see why people would buy a Wii U for sim orientated games. I always thought of it as a party console with colorful gimmicky games for the whole family, and the closest thing that would resemble a racing game on it being Mario Kart.

I guess it was part of the deal when PCARS was announced for PS3 and Xbox 360 a couple of years ago, maybe it should have been officially canceled alongside them too.

Of course they wouldn't. People buy the Wii U for Nintendo games. But, often, people will buy just the Nintendo console, and then miss out on other games that don't come to the console entirely. Basically, by releasing on Wii U, you get the people that are interested in a racing Sim and bought a Wii U (like myself), but don't have the money to get the more expensive consoles to play it on.

webnomad
26-05-2015, 18:27
http://www.nowgamer.com/wii-u-has-a-horrible-slow-cpu-says-metro-last-light-dev/

http://gamingbolt.com/wii-u-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-revealed-slower-than-ps3360

Only three cores running at 1.24 Ghz with probably a worse IPC than AMDs Jaguar. I was sceptical from the beginning because of that. Wii U GPU isn't great either but shouldn't be slower than PS3/Xbox 360 at least, in fact theoretical GFLOPS are better on paper.

Why are you using old articles to prove a point in which people have jumped to conclusion in those articles and over the years as individuals roamed the world wide web searching for various information's related to Wii U's CPU. They did research and discussed it thus over time they discovered new details by them self or by the hacker who initially found out the clocks of the console's CPU and GPU thus people had a better and more solid understanding of Wii U's CPU which later on has proved wrong the initial impressions of Wii U's CPU being weak which were basically individuals jumping to a conclusion without doing research.

They who choose to judge Nintendo for choosing to continue use of a CPU architecture that now has roots from nearly two decades ago(15 years when Wii U launched) though they have not the right to refute the solid design of PowerPC 603e/PowerPC 7x0 which for its design could have been considered future proof for the performance that delivers in terms of size, power consumption and overall performance if IBM had foreseen its potential in coming years when doing die shrinks, tweaking and modifying the design of it also for example AMD's Athlon design was used and modified for 7-8 years due to its solid design and if you didn't know, the foundation x86 architecture is now 47 years old which Jaguar is based off.

(now going a bit off-topic)
Foundation that of CPU that Nintendo choose to use for Wii U is indeed an old foundation and yet for today's market is fit when used right, if Nintendo was lets say decide to make a tablet of their own with their own OS and choose to continue use that CPU architecture...

Imagine a CPU that is dual core clocked at 1Ghz and has 128kB or 256kB of L2 cache per core at 28nm node with power consumption being below 1 watt which would make it an okay CPU for a tablet design like the ARM CPU's that we have in tablets today if that ever happened.

TheChris1
26-05-2015, 18:31
Has Slightly Mad/Bandai Namco considered to outsource the game to another developer?

Tantalus Media has developed multiple Wii U ports so maybe they could help.

http://www.tantalus.com.au/

webnomad
26-05-2015, 18:33

Well that happens when you have a stereotypical out of the touch with reality view since a lot of people still live in the past when comes to Nintendo, as if its still mid-late 1980's to early 1990's with anything involving Nintendo... Maybe because people can't accept that Nintendo changed with time like anyone else? :rolleyes:

Has Slightly Mad/Bandai Namco considered to outsource the game to another developer?

Tantalus Media made great ports though the issue that PCARS devs have with Wii U is solely on design of their game and very likely the game code involving tyre model which would be wise if they rewrote it in more efficient manner though that is too much work(probably).

MysterG
26-05-2015, 18:37

SMS are perfectly capable of doing the work, the issue is it might not be worthwhile. If they have to pay someone else to do the work then 'not worthwhile' jumps right up the list.

Tantalus Media made great ports though the issue that PCARS devs have with Wii U is solely on design of their game and very likely the game code involving tyre model which would be wise if they rewrote it in more efficient manner though that is too much work(probably).

Oh. Just rewrite the code more efficiently. I'll pass that on to Ian, I don't expect the devs have thought about doing that ...