PDA

View Full Version : I'm still really having trouble understanding the "tires" in this game

gbm
24-05-2015, 19:10
Hi all,

Ok, so I usually just play SOLO WEEKEND RACE, and set up a race, and just play for fun. I like to do 5 minute warm up to get the feel for the track....and I GUESS that doing so is ALSO helping my tires warm up, right?

So when the race begins, sometimes my tires are well into the 150 degree range on the HUD, but they are still blue.

Othertimes, the race begins and they are green.

Throughout the race, they continually go back and forth between blue and green.

Now is that a sign that they are worn? (since they can't hold the heat in?) ...and should I then be pitting in?

Lastly, does ALL of this NOT matter if I have tire wear "Off?"

Please help.

madmax2069
24-05-2015, 19:21
When youre on a track that has a lot of straights and not many turns back to back your tires will have issues keeping warm (green) and will end up tiening blue again because when you're not turning the tires are not getting enough friction to stay in the green

When in a practice or qualification round your tires start out as cold (it will take at least a lap to get them up to race temp, and the second lap when the tires are warm is whats called a hot lap). When you start a actual race your tires are pre heated before the race begins

gbm
24-05-2015, 19:24
When youre on a track that has a lot of straights and not many turns back to back your tires will have issues keeping warm (green) and will end up tiening blue again because when you're not turning the tires are not getting enough friction to stay in the green

When in a practice or qualification round your tires start out as cold (it will take at least a lap to get them up to race temp, and the second lap when the tires are warm is whats called a hot lap). When you start a actual race your tires are pre heated before the race begins

OK makes sense.

How about Warm up ---> Race?

ctd
24-05-2015, 19:30
What car and what track? If you have 150 degrees and you're tires are still blue it sounds that sth is wrong and should be reported to devs. But they need to now more.

gbm
24-05-2015, 19:33
What car and what track? If you have 150 degrees and you're tires are still blue it sounds that sth is wrong and should be reported to devs. But they need to now more.

hmmmmm, it was last night, ....and last night is kinda fuzzy. lol

I think it might have been either the RUF GT3 or Zonda. Not 100% sure.

ctd
24-05-2015, 19:35
Try again. :)

CorvusCorax
24-05-2015, 19:39

Depends on whether they are imperial or metric degrees ;)

ctd
24-05-2015, 19:47
Yep, thanks, didn't consider that. 150 degrees in Fahrenheit is about 65 degrees Celsius right? Then the temps and colour is corresponding. So gbm, in that case it seems correct and you can forget what I said.

gbm
24-05-2015, 19:50
Yep, thanks, didn't consider that. 150 degrees in Fahrenheit is about 65 degrees Celsius right? Then the temps and colour is corresponding. So gbm, in that case it seems correct and you can forget what I said.

Right, I should've mentioned, I'm on imperial settings.

Soooo, at 150, should they still be cold? What's the target warm reading for F?

ctd
24-05-2015, 19:53
In Celsius it's around 85-90, but it depends on car and maybe track also I think, but I'm not expert so maybe another WMD-member can chime in tell you exactly?

gbm
24-05-2015, 19:57
In Celsius it's around 85-90, but it depends on car and maybe track also I think, but I'm not expert so maybe another WMD-member can chime in tell you exactly?

Ok well if that's the case, then my reading of 150F would be a bit low.

Haiden
24-05-2015, 22:46
Mine turn blue when the temp drops to around 96 Celsius. Above that they are green.

Srt8 300c
24-05-2015, 22:51
I always tend to get fast laps.around 190F
Although im still not 100% if that is the optimal tyre temperature after many + hours practice.

hkraft300
25-05-2015, 11:11
Tire and brake temp colours shown on the HUD depends on what car and tire you're using.
I'm 99% sure this was confirmed by the devs and discussed in another thread.

Sankyo
25-05-2015, 11:35
Hi all,

Ok, so I usually just play SOLO WEEKEND RACE, and set up a race, and just play for fun. I like to do 5 minute warm up to get the feel for the track....and I GUESS that doing so is ALSO helping my tires warm up, right?

So when the race begins, sometimes my tires are well into the 150 degree range on the HUD, but they are still blue.

Othertimes, the race begins and they are green.

Throughout the race, they continually go back and forth between blue and green.

Now is that a sign that they are worn? (since they can't hold the heat in?) ...and should I then be pitting in?

Lastly, does ALL of this NOT matter if I have tire wear "Off?"

Please help.
The small HUD isn't very precise in showing how warm the tyres are, if a tyre drops slightly below optimum tepmerature it will show up blue already in the mini-HUD, but that doesn't mean it's cold nor does it mean that they are worn. Just enable the telemetry HUD to see what the actual temperatures are. As stated above, some tracks will have your tires cool down in certain areas, or they will even cause your tires to not really get warm enough due to not putting enough stress on the tires.

Old skool hemi
26-05-2015, 10:14
Hi mate i dont get the whole tyre temperature thing in this game myself.... real life i do. My tyres swing from green to blue all the time and most times this can be eliminated with a tune but i noticed something ridiculously odd last night. I was in a online lobby last night racing gt3 cars using gt3 soft slick at brno track and in qualify my left tyre went red after one lap... i tuned but it was still the same. So i went medium still the same and hard still the same. After one lap the tyre was red it didnt matter what compound or tune i used.... anyway the race started and low and behold the tyre was red after one lap come the 3rd lap both front tyres were red. I was understeering into every corner like a plastic pig and eventually finished 7/8th... i then thought it might of been because the host may of sped up tyre wear but it was set as real... i just dont get it i dont normally have that problem but it ruined the whole racing experience for me.. maybe its a bug on that track but its so frustrating because i couldnt put in any fast laps...
any thoughts on this would be appreciated?
Thanks

FarChri
26-05-2015, 10:34
Hi mate i dont get the whole tyre temperature thing in this game myself.... real life i do. My tyres swing from green to blue all the time and most times this can be eliminated with a tune but i noticed something ridiculously odd last night. I was in a online lobby last night racing gt3 cars using gt3 soft slick at brno track and in qualify my left tyre went red after one lap... i tuned but it was still the same. So i went medium still the same and hard still the same. After one lap the tyre was red it didnt matter what compound or tune i used.... anyway the race started and low and behold the tyre was red after one lap come the 3rd lap both front tyres were red. I was understeering into every corner like a plastic pig and eventually finished 7/8th... i then thought it might of been because the host may of sped up tyre wear but it was set as real... i just dont get it i dont normally have that problem but it ruined the whole racing experience for me.. maybe its a bug on that track but its so frustrating because i couldnt put in any fast laps...
Thanks

What did you tune?

Old skool hemi
26-05-2015, 10:40
What did you tune?

i fiddled with the tyre pressures altered the camber and toe so there wasnt as much tyre on the track round certain bends.. even shifted the weight bias so there wasnt as much weight on the front but to no avail...

FarChri
26-05-2015, 13:22
Strange... Can you reproduce it (car and track combo)? Does this happen in other combinations too?

Changing the pressures should change the temps at least (does it?) - although that might not be enough when track temperatures are high and your driving-style is to aggressive.
Never tested this. I mostly drive the G5's at the moment.

But I did a long run with the R8 LMS at Oulton Park International and the McLaren GT3 at Brno - at high track temperatures over nearly one hour on softs, with default setup. With the McLaren GT3, I overheated the front tires too. I don't know if I could have changed that with a better setup... (it was a test regarding tire wear - so I didn't want to change the default setup).

Ripgroove
26-05-2015, 13:44
What tyre temp should we be aiming for here overall once they are warmed up? 180°F-210°F?

FarChri
26-05-2015, 13:50
~ 195° - 210°F - (depending on the compound). Keep them in the green zone.

N0body Of The Goat
26-05-2015, 14:03
Thanks

It would surprise me a little if it would overheat the GT3 tyres in 1/2 laps at Brno, but is there any chance the server was using x7 tyre wear?

Another thing to check for If I Recall Correctly (IIRC), is that at one point during development, tyre choice changes made in Join In Progress servers "edit tuning setup" would not activate on at least the first save of the change. If you joined the server and started with rain tyres before changing to softs, then it is very possible you were still on rain tyres when you thought you had changed to slicks.
In the dry, rain tyres do quickly show up red in the very absolute basic HUD display, but until at least the next patch they do not lose virtually all grip within a few laps. From what I gather, Doug is attacking this issue currently.

FarChri
26-05-2015, 14:13
It would surprise me a little if it would overheat the GT3 tyres in 1/2 laps at Brno, but is there any chance the server was using x7 tyre wear?

At Brno and dry conditions in July - it did. 2 Laps for the FL - and 4 for the FR. At least with the McLaren GT3 and the default setup.
!! Tire wear: Real !!

Old skool hemi
26-05-2015, 15:18
Im not sure if it was a buggy lobby but it really did happen we were all using mclaren gt3 cars. I checked tyre wear and it was set on real by the host. Unfortunately i didnt do another race in that lobby so i cant say if its that particular track. Ive never experienced it before.. i changed the tyres manually on setup to gt3 slicks at the start of qualify. I didnt lose all grip it was badly understeering in every corner costing me time.. the hud display was showin red fronts..
The telemetry showed high temps.. i will take footage if it happens tonight..

Old skool hemi
26-05-2015, 15:26
Strange... Can you reproduce it (car and track combo)? Does this happen in other combinations too?

Changing the pressures should change the temps at least (does it?) - although that might not be enough when track temperatures are high and your driving-style is to aggressive.
Never tested this. I mostly drive the G5's at the moment.

But I did a long run with the R8 LMS at Oulton Park International and the MP4 GT3 at Brno - at high track temperatures over nearly one hour on softs, with default setup. With the MP4, I overheated the front tires too. I don't know if I could have changed that with a better setup... (it was a test regarding tire wear - so I didn't want to change the default setup).

Yeah when i altered the tyre pressure there was no change on the track.. its really strange. I will try tonight with the same car and track and conditions and see if it happens again. If it does ill post the footage on this thread so you guys can check it out. It seems like a bug to me especially with you experiencing it aswel..
thanks for your post much appreciated..

Srt8 300c
26-05-2015, 15:50

This was taken after tyres had cooled slightly.
Ignore mechanical fault. I hit wall trying to take the pic.

Tyre pressure:
Front 2.00 Bar
Rear 2.05 Bar
GT3 Soft Slick

Tyre wear -Normal

Regarding the front left tyre:

Outlap tyre temp was even 199F

Start of 2nd lap:
Outer edges were 210F
Middle was 215F
(I need to adjust tyre pressure slighty but havnt had time yet)

Mid 2nd lap:
Outer edges 227F
Middle 230F

End of 2nd lap:
Outer edges 235F
Middle 240F

Left front now red on hud.

On all other tracks my tune is easily good for 10 laps pushing hard.

Maybe its the nature of Bruno, a physical track in relation to the left hand side of the car.

Quote:cabrain tyres.co.uk

Totalling 5.4 miles in length, Brno features numerous straights linked together by a series of left and right hand corners with a difference of 70 metres between its highest and lowest points.

This means that there are a number of hard braking downhill sections,
So FRONT TYRE stability will be a key for riders.

Regarding Moto-GP

FarChri
26-05-2015, 16:15
I've tested this:

McLaren GT3 - default setup except soft slicks
Brno, July - Dry
Tire wear: Real

FL went hot in 2nd round, with maximum pressure on front tires - same here, except I think they cooled down faster.

Then with hard slicks and maximum pressure, I could stay green - but just 1-2°C away from red.

So I would say, everything is fine here. The conditions are hard, the track quite fast and hard for the FL tire.
Was just a quick test, so don't nail me on this one.

One thing I don't know: does a hard slick really behave extreme different to a soft slick regarding temperature (how fast it gets warm, holds the temperature, cools down,...)?

Srt8 300c
26-05-2015, 16:27

Same car, same setup, only differnce is HARD SLICKS
taken at lap 6.

Srt8 300c
26-05-2015, 16:29
Seems to get to around 212F and stays there.
I havnt got time to see when they drop off........
Only thing is the rear left can go red alif hard accelerating with no tc,
but a few easy exits and it cools back down to a good temperature.

Srt8 300c
26-05-2015, 16:41
Thanks

Ez bro,

Just did a quick test and you can see the results above.
This was free practice.

Although i swear in that race last night i went with Hard slicks and my front left and rear burnt out after2/3 laps?

If you can confirm this than my test results in free practice are nothing like and ultimatley prove inconclusive, to the events that took place in the actual race!!!!!

I did my test at the same time the race was set last night to replicate it.

dyr_gl
26-05-2015, 16:50
Anyone else getting virtually no wear with "real" setting? I did a 32 minutes race at Silverstone GP, GT3 series, soft tyre. Front left tyre overheating a lot of time at different parts of the track and going back to green at others.

Still, towards the end of the race everything felt perfect. Same laptimes, no understeer in right handers, nothing. Are soft GT3 tyres supposed to do more than half an hour of running around a high energy track and retain brand new like grip?

wraithsrike
26-05-2015, 16:54
Anyone else getting virtually no wear with "real" setting? I did a 32 minutes race at Silverstone GP, GT3 series, soft tyre. Front left tyre overheating a lot of time at different parts of the track and going back to green at others.

Still, towards the end of the race everything felt perfect. Same laptimes, no understeer in right handers, nothing. Are soft GT3 tyres supposed to do more than half an hour of running around a high energy track and retain brand new like grip?

Short answer cause I'm going out...Yes

FarChri
26-05-2015, 17:01

Every 2nd post is about that. Yes, it's know and they working on that.

Srt8 300c
26-05-2015, 17:02

I think its track dependent. Have a look at my test results from Brno on page 3.
I use the same car around Spa, the same setup and tyre temps are green and even throughout the whole race. (6-10 laps)

Srt8 300c
26-05-2015, 17:18
So in a nutshell,

In free practice: Ruf GT3.
Hard slick: even spread, good temp after SIX laps.

In a race: same car,time of day, setup and hard slick my front left and rear left burnt up to 240F after TWO laps.

I appreciate the devs are looking into this factor. Just thought id post ,my findings to help aiid a solution.
:)

FarChri
26-05-2015, 17:32
So in a nutshell,

In free practice: Ruf GT3.
Hard slick: even spread, good temp after SIX laps.

In a race: same car,time of day, setup and hard slick my front left and rear left burnt up to 240F after TWO laps.

I appreciate the devs are looking into this factor. Just thought id post ,my findings to help aiid a solution.

Same date and conditions? Otherwise the track temperature can be complete different.

Srt8 300c
26-05-2015, 17:37
Yes i replicated it today in free practice and posted my results on page 3.
Im quite sad lol.
Just wanted to make you guys aware.
Im always happy to help .

Ps: Its only really stood out around brno.
Perhaps the devs wanted it this way, as its a very hard track on the left hand side as i pointed out in an old article Re Moto GP.
(There are more pressing issues atm)

I have some free time atm so if you guys wanted me to do an in depth analysis Re tyre temps and wear on specific tracks and cars im more than happy to help.
Just pm me.

duce2869
26-05-2015, 17:49
As far as the tyres warming is concerned I think the blue and green needs changed as they are practically the same and makes it hard to see which colour it's on, a big improvement would be cold is blue, yellow is warm and red for overheating, a simple thing that would make a big difference as when your hammering into a corner flat out and trying to decipher blue from green it's time consuming lol otherwise I'm loving this game and am properly addicted to online.

FarChri
26-05-2015, 18:32
Yes i replicated it today in free practice and posted my results on page 3.
Im quite sad lol.
Just wanted to make you guys aware.
Im always happy to help .

Ps: Its only really stood out around brno.
Perhaps the devs wanted it this way, as its a very hard track on the left hand side as i pointed out in an old article Re Moto GP.
(There are more pressing issues atm)

I have some free time atm so if you guys wanted me to do an in depth analysis Re tyre temps and wear on specific tracks and cars im more than happy to help.
Just pm me.

I can't repro that. Tried Free Practice and Quick Race Weekend (training and race). The tires temperatures are the same.

The only thing I recognized is, that the more I drive that car, the lower I can keep the temperatures. As my laptimes are nearly the same, I assume that I don't overdrive it anymore. I now know the limit of the car and the tires in this condition.
With hard slicks, I have to enforce the overheating.

Srt8 300c
26-05-2015, 18:39
I can't repro that. Tried Free Practice and Quick Race Weekend (training and race). The tires temperatures are the same.

The only thing I recognized is, that the more I drive that car, the lower I can keep the temperatures. As my laptimes are nearly the same, I assume that I don't overdrive it anymore. I now know the limit of the car and the tires in this condition.

What platform?
Also try to replicate online :)

Old skool hemi
26-05-2015, 18:41

suprise suprise its a wmd member arguing the fact and photo proof. Its getting beyond a joke now..

FarChri
26-05-2015, 19:14
suprise suprise its a wmd member arguing the fact and photo proof. Its getting beyond a joke now..

I just reported what I've experienced. Why should I report something wrong? I want to find bugs, report them and hope the devs will fix them...

I just try to help the players and I also need help from others too. Your post is a joke - I can't reproduce it if the temps are just slightly different.
As my driving style may vary, I can't say there is a bug just because I think there is one. You'll have to nail it down and in this case, I couldn't.

Bug reporting is all about facts and not about conjectures. If you can nail it down - report it.

And at the end, I didn't say that there couldn't be a bug. I just couldn't reproduce what Srt8 300c posted.
My tire temperatures where the same in QR and in FP - so what?

What platform?
Also try to replicate online :)

PC.
I will try it - I play almost never online...

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 19:21

Please drop the attitude mate. FarChri just posted his observations, so no need for those passive agressive posts. Thanks.

There are so many factors that can influence tire temps like, track temperature, driving style (there can even be a difference between the same player driving in practice or in a race) or brake temperatures that it's really difficult to find the true reason for the mentioned temp differences.

Srt8 300c
26-05-2015, 19:27

Thankyou for your time, although i was comparing FP and Online........
Also it may be a Xbox One problem. Not multi platform.

The only reason i re-created and posted photos wasnt to alienate, argue or even boast.
It was merely to back up my findings.

Tbh its not a groundbraking issue i just wanted to make people aware. Im not crying for a "fix" as one may not be needed.(There are far more pressing issues atm)
I pointed out the track is front end heavy and it could be a possibility its my driving style.

The game is still enjoyable for me.

Old skool hemi
26-05-2015, 19:29
I just reported what I've experienced. Why should I report something wrong? I want to find bugs, report them and hope the devs will fix them...

I just try to help the players and I also need help from others too. Your post is a joke - I can't reproduce it if the temps are just slightly different.
As my driving style may vary, I can't say there is a bug just because I think there is one. You'll have to nail it down and in this case, I couldn't.

Bug reporting is all about facts and not about conjectures. If you can nail it down - report it.

And at the end, I didn't say that there couldn't be a bug. I just couldn't reproduce what Srt8 300c posted.

PC.
I will try it - I play almost never online...

You have contradicted yourself twice. One minute you agree you have the same problem the next your not... possibly because srt8 stated something you moderators and wmd members dont respond too well to "criticism". I posted my tyre problem on a tyre thread and didnt state it was a bug. Not even mentioned it.. srt8 has photo proof on brno yet your arguin the matter and you say you dont go online much.. how can you comment you dont go online lobbys and your on pc platform. Ive taken your view in the matter and and yours is working fine. Im not saying your lying but one thing i will say
you mods and wmd members dont like peoples views or discussions and always have your say and nobody else matters. Its ignorant And getting annoying. Until you play xb1 online with the same cars,track and condition settings i dont want to hear your opinion...

Old skool hemi
26-05-2015, 19:36
Please drop the attitude mate. FarChri just posted his observations, so no need for those passive agressive posts. Thanks.

There are so many factors that can influence tire temps like, track temperature, driving style (there can even be a difference between the same player driving in practice or in a race) or brake temperatures that it's really difficult to find the true reason for the mentioned temp differences.

Dont comment till you have tried it. Mod or not its getting tiresome with you being against people posting opinions on the game. Ive not slated the game or been rude to anyone just posted what has happend to me. Looks like a few ppl are having problems with tyre issues...

FarChri
26-05-2015, 19:40
You have contradicted yourself twice. One minute you agree you have the same problem the next your not... possibly because srt8 stated something you moderators and wmd members dont respond too well to "criticism". I posted my tyre problem on a tyre thread and didnt state it was a bug. Not even mentioned it.. srt8 has photo proof on brno yet your arguin the matter and you say you dont go online much.. how can you comment you dont go online lobbys and your on pc platform. Ive taken your view in the matter and and yours is working fine. Im not saying your lying but one thing i will say
you mods and wmd members dont like peoples views or discussions and always have your say and nobody else matters. Its ignorant And getting annoying. Until you play xb1 online with the same cars,track and condition settings i dont want to hear your opinion...

I talked about two different things. Read my posts.

I have the same "problem" that the tires (at least the softs) are easy to overheat at the right conditions in Brno. With the hard tires, it was the same. As I learned to drive it softer, I could preserve the tires from overheating - more I had to force them to overheat (just the hard slicks).

Srt8 300c also said, that his tire temperatures where different in FP and in race (at same conditions - which would be really a strange thing) - I've tested this too and couldn't repro it. That's all.

You don't want to hear my opinion... ? Well little childish don't you think. In post #25 you did appreciate it...

Really - read my posts, we don't need those discussions here. Try to help or ask for help.

Dont comment till you have tried it. Mod or not its getting tiresome with you being against people posting opinions on the game. Ive not slated the game or been rude to anyone just posted what has happend to me. Looks like a few ppl are having problems with tyre issues...

Exactly - people have many problems with the tire temperatures, wear, AI,... and I try to clarify a few (I tested a few of them for hours and hours) and to help where I can.

So "we" (at least I) are not against anyone playing pCARS. I hope it's getting bigger and bigger. All clarified now - misunderstanding solved?

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 19:44

I'm not against people that are experiencing problems and voice their opinion about this.
I'm just asking you to stay away from unnecessarily posting sarcastic comments. That is all.

Old skool hemi
26-05-2015, 20:03
Last thing im saying the mods and wmd members dont really help. People ask for advice or have problems and instead get sarcasm or my way or the highway answers. Look at the posts the mods step in soon as they dont like what there hearing.. i understand for racism, sexual remarks threatning behaviour or any other distressing comments but a heated discussion isnt non of that. Its a known fact, google it this forum is having problems with mods and wmd members only this morning there was thread removed revealing the truth and thats on google.

The bottom line is i like the game and fellow gamers but it seems to me on this forum mods and wmd members are too clicky and it seems the majority is off pc. Im done in this thread thanks srt8 for your input. Shame no one else liked your effort by givin you a like.. notice the wmd and mods have liked each others post tho. Theres a suprise......

Ridiculous...

Umer Ahmad
26-05-2015, 20:13
^i Liked your post too.

We're just regular guys. Volunteers. We want a healthy, vibrant, honest racing community like everyone else. When it strays from that we respond with information, comedy, reprimands, infractions and account bans (no particular order).

A dissenting opinion:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27654-I%92ve-had-an-Epiphany-This-Game-is-Magical&p=943221&viewfull=1#post943221

FarChri
26-05-2015, 20:19

Thankyou for your time, although i was comparing FP and Online........
Also it may be a Xbox One problem. Not multi platform.

The only reason i re-created and posted photos wasnt to alienate, argue or even boast.
It was merely to back up my findings.

Tbh its not a groundbraking issue i just wanted to make people aware. Im not crying for a "fix" as one may not be needed.(There are far more pressing issues atm)
I pointed out the track is front end heavy and it could be a possibility its my driving style.

The game is still enjoyable for me.

No problem. I think nobody had a problem with your postings here.

OK, I've tested a online race. And found something interesting:
I've created a setup in the garage (hope it's called like that, I play in german language), default setup with hard slicks. Then joined the training before the race. I've entered the setup again (in the pit) aaaand - the hard slicks where reseted to "automatic". I assume that in this case, automatic means softs (why not - normally the best choice for a 10 round race or training for 10 minutes).

So, again I chose hard slicks, saved and started the training. Temperatures where nearly the same as in QR and FP. Slightly different, but overall nearly the same - at least the max where the same (~107-111). I could race my 2:01:??? times with the hards as in QR and FP. And they never gone red - but as I said before, I've I had pushed it really hard and forced it, turning red wouldn't be a problem.

Could it be, that the same happened to you - the tires where changed without your knowing? If not - I don't know what's wrong here?! Maybe someone else can help here...

Reseted setups are also a known bug at the moment. I've experienced it in the career mode. Reproduceable - and there are a lot of threads and posts about this here.

Srt8 300c
26-05-2015, 20:22
Thanks for looking into it.
Appreciate the feedback!

FarChri
26-05-2015, 20:26
No Problem mate.

Solid tests and bug reports are always highly appreciated. Let us know your further steps / results in this case. Maybe this is a XB only issue - I can't test that ;)

dyr_gl
26-05-2015, 21:53
About soft GT3 tyres being brand new in terms of grip after 30 minutes of lapping a very hard track for tyres:

Every 2nd post is about that. Yes, it's know and they working on that.

Short answer cause I'm going out...Yes

So, which one is it? Are the softest GT3 tyres that hard OR this is a known issue thatīs being worked on?

Bealdor
26-05-2015, 21:59
About soft GT3 tyres being brand new in terms of grip after 30 minutes of lapping a very hard track for tyres:

So, which one is it? Are the softest GT3 tyres that hard OR this is a known issue thatīs being worked on?

Both is correct actually. Soft GT3 tires are definitely capable of running a full stint (~1 hour) without falling apart. But tire wear is being fine tuned right now.

More info here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-GOOD-INFO-INSIDE!-tyre-wear&p=936029&viewfull=1#post936029

dyr_gl
26-05-2015, 22:11
Iīm not a big GT3 fan to be fair.

If you say they can run a full hour in a healthy condition, I believe. If you tell me they are just as grippy at the end as at the start, I donīt. Because then they have 2 useless dry weather compounds. Nice to see itīs been working on anyway, GT3 is a class you guys made a crazy good job at, so any improvement is more than welcome.

FarChri
27-05-2015, 06:06
I asked this at #27:

One thing I don't know: does a hard slick really behave extreme different to a soft slick regarding temperature (how fast it gets warm, holds the temperature, cools down,...)?

Or is the hard compound mostly just lasting longer regarding wear? For example: mediums for 1 1/2 hours and hard slicks 2 hours?

MULTIVITZ
27-05-2015, 11:42
An over inflated tyre on a setup chassis will give the sense of grip but really its cutting itself across the road surface and over heating, compounding the issue. Do some testing and put tyre wear on 'real'. The tyres are slicks and sound like their squirming (use a dictionary?) But once you dial in some thrust you get good grip as the car leans on them. Moving the front rebound up usually helps and increase of front springs also.