PDA

View Full Version : Online Race Complete Time Shorter ??

Boyd12
24-05-2015, 20:39
Can we decided how long to give people to finish a race online as the current time is way to long waiting for IDLE players. I would much prefer 30 seconds more than enough time to finish after the race

aussiejeff
24-05-2015, 23:45
I *think* if the session originator hits "esc" after finishing the race, the extended "time to race end" counter will get cut short to ... about 30 secs AFAICR? Seemed to be the case for me at least in my first try at online sessions last night.

Boyd12
25-05-2015, 09:59
I'm on the PS4 so that won't work for me, I just think 130 seconds is a bit excessive to wait for the race to complete.

N0body Of The Goat
25-05-2015, 10:14
The time limit was increased from 30 seconds after WMD discussion, because many WMD drivers were getting frustrated that they could not at least finish the lap they were on before the countdown ended.

... And not all users are doing sprint races online, some might fancy doing 50% of real F1 Spa (22 laps) for example, where the backmarkers could easily end up falling a lap behind. They deserve to finish their current lap after racing for ~45 minutes.;)

Boyd12
25-05-2015, 11:15
I understand that but is there not a way we can implement in the race setup to change the race finish time ourself or can the game recognise whether its a short or long race and set a finish time that is suitable ?

Broter
25-05-2015, 12:03
An option to shorten the time is an absolute must in my opinion.

Maybe "some" are doing longer runs, but most are doing short races up to 10 laps and it is annoying to waste so much spare freetime with waiting till a new race can be started.

Broter

Ramshackle
25-05-2015, 12:34
The wait for others to finish wouldn't be so bad if you could at least cycle through the remaining players.