PDA

View Full Version : [NO] I am using PC. Can I play online with my friends who have PS4?

speedman
24-05-2015, 20:52
Hi everyone;

I buy Project Cars from steam and I am using PC.
Can I play online with my friends who have PS4?

TenthDan
24-05-2015, 21:04
No unfortunately cross platform is not supported. Time for your friends to upgrade their PCs :p

madmax2069
24-05-2015, 21:26
No the game isnt cross platform online enabled, even though the PS4 and PC are perfectly capable of doing it (War Thunder does this).

I can only imagine that the decision to keep online play on their own platforms was made by the Devs.

Arkymedes
25-05-2015, 19:34
Very unfortunate yes.. I would have absolutely loved the idea to play with such huge fan base like that!

could_do_better
25-05-2015, 19:37
The decision is Sony and Microsoft's.

Yes there are some cross platform games but they really few and far between because Sony and Microsoft prefer it that way.

Who knows what will happen in the future if PCARS becomes big enough and the user base demands cross platform anything is possible.

madmax2069
25-05-2015, 19:51
The decision is Sony and Microsoft's.

Yes there are some cross platform games but they really few and far between because Sony and Microsoft prefer it that way.

Who knows what will happen in the future if PCARS becomes big enough and the user base demands cross platform anything is possible.

No, Sony allows for it, Microsoft is against it.

In no way shape or form is SONY going to block cross platform online play, they leave it in the developers hands, they dont really care of a game has cross platform online play or not.

Microsoft wont allow it because they can't verify the servers (they basically want control over the servers, and plus they use a weird match making system). Microsoft thinks its a security risk.

At first 360 had cross online games, then Microsoft changed their stance about cross platform online, they denied any further fiture games this capability, the few that had it stayed, but they didnt allow any newer games to do it.

Arkymedes
26-05-2015, 06:50
I believe now Microsoft will allow it with the release of Windows 10. I read somewhere about it, at least with PC users and X1.

And AFAIK, Sony never minded. They even integrated SteamWorks to PS3 no? I remember something like that.

MAARTEN
28-06-2015, 13:07
Well this sucks :( i am on PS4 and can't play with friends on PC