PDA

View Full Version : Help with tires

superchargedk20
24-05-2015, 21:16
Can you guys help me with tire settings. I was doing the McLaren F1 track master 3hr. I just don't understand this. 1st in tuning I can pick my tires the only option is automatic by weather or McLaren f1. 2nd my tires are always green yet after about 5 or 6 laps there completely worn. But yet the tire indicator still is green. I also noticed there's no help from the pits on when to change tires . I'm always in the top 3 for the first 5 laps or so I try and keep pace with the AI and want to pit when they do but my tires are worn by then and the AI just keeps going . Can anyone shed some advice on this?

Awong124
25-05-2015, 02:35
The tire indicator is for temperature, not wear. Do you have tire wear set to some multiplier for accelerated wear? Because in my experience with that race, the tires should last well over 15 laps. I set my race to 30 min and did the entire race on one set. Also, the McLaren F1 only has one type of tires available, that's why there is no choice.

TMoney
25-05-2015, 02:43
Tire indicator goes from blue - cold, green - optimal, to red- overheating.

Goal is to keep the tires in the green color. If they're turning red your driving too hard. :)

BTW You should get a warning from the pit engineer when the tires are actually worn. I think the only way to see tire wear atm is through external API/telemetry apps.

superchargedk20
25-05-2015, 03:20
The tire indicator is for temperature, not wear. Do you have tire wear set to some multiplier for accelerated wear? Because in my experience with that race, the tires should last well over 15 laps. I set my race to 30 min and did the entire race on one set. Also, the McLaren F1 only has one type of tires available, that's why there is no choice.
I have to check but I set everything to realistic

superchargedk20
25-05-2015, 03:21
Tire indicator goes from blue - cold, green - optimal, to red- overheating.

Goal is to keep the tires in the green color. If they're turning red your driving too hard. :)

BTW You should get a warning from the pit engineer when the tires are actually worn. I think the only way to see tire wear atm is through external API/telemetry apps.
The pit advisor only seems to come on when ur racing in ur respected career choice. All the invitational events I don't get pit announcements

TMoney
25-05-2015, 04:21
Yea I think that's a known bug. You should still get a popup like you do when there's suspension damage or something informing you to pit.